Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• caddir
    caddir Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    2tew wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    My confession: I live vicariously through the people in this forum, because I have no physical friends. It's like watching the group of cool kids in the playground back when I was at school. :|

^^^This

Me too :(
  • lunargodess
    lunargodess Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Ok here goes. So, I like to have "chips & cheese" as my mom always called it while I was growing up. Just tortilla chips with cheddar and melted in the microwave. Recently I have been craving them more than usual. So this past week I laid down the chips and grabbed a massive handful of shredded cheddar cheese and spread over the top. Then I added another layer with another handful of cheese on top. And I ate it all. And have done it twice more since. I don't know why I'm craving cheese like this, but it can go away any time now!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Ok here goes. So, I like to have "chips & cheese" as my mom always called it while I was growing up. Just tortilla chips with cheddar and melted in the microwave. Recently I have been craving them more than usual. So this past week I laid down the chips and grabbed a massive handful of shredded cheddar cheese and spread over the top. Then I added another layer with another handful of cheese on top. And I ate it all. And have done it twice more since. I don't know why I'm craving cheese like this, but it can go away any time now!

Mmmm, I love cheesy chips like that. I've been craving cheese in a big way for a few weeks now. It's on everything. But I'm fitting it in my calories, so it's not a big deal.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Now it's quiet here and I'm kind of embarrassed by my last post.

Don't be. You're amongst friends, even if we're not all here at the moment. I think we all have a secret motivation, even if it's just a little thing.

Yep, we all have our secret motivators. Part of mine is refusing to let my ex (that I mentioned in a previous post) have the satisfaction of saying I gained weight after we broke up. I did gain some weight, but it was due to other reasons.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit freaked out right now. I volunteered to substitute teach an aquatic class of pregnant women and I have no clue what women go through during pregnancy. The only knowledge I have is through modules on special populations in the three fitness certifications I earned.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

I've actually tried doing that and it didn't turn out as good as I had hoped... the cheese doesn't melt properly or something :(
  • littled1986
    littled1986 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Yep, we all have our secret motivators. Part of mine is refusing to let my ex (that I mentioned in a previous post) have the satisfaction of saying I gained weight after we broke up. I did gain some weight, but it was due to other reasons.

That would motivate me, too. I haven't gained since we broke up but I've been struggling with my weight for a long time. (thank God I finally figured out how to get rid of it). I often wonder if my weight was why he seemed so disinterested in me :\

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    shannonbun wrote: »
    My boyfriend just sent me some chocolate and candy from England (he's there, I'm in the US) and I already hid it away so I wouldn't binge on it. One day I can touch it, but not for quite a while!

Kinda sad that I have to hide the food not to eat it...

@shannonbun‌
    My boyfriend is in England and I'm in the states too! :(
  • curlylocks302
    curlylocks302 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    In my IRL, I have absolutely no one that shares my interests.

I haven't played Dungeons and Dragons in 10 years.

No one to argue about who the greatest Green Lantern is.

No one to geek out about the latest Marvel Legends Figures, I GOT THE NEW IRONFIST
    FIGURE IT'S FREAKING AWESOME.

I'm the Chubby guy in karate so I'm kinda like a pariah, I do the motions but my side kick and round houses aren't even remotely good or high, so I'm not into Tournaments and you know, if you're not bringing in Trophies for the Dojo.. . . . Oh but Matt, Sensei says "Good Job Matt at least 5-6 times an hour.

No one to talk to about the New Star Wars, because you know, people are concerned that the crossguard lightsaber the new Villain is wielding in the first teaser would chop his own hands off if he started twirling it around, but my point is, that dude isn't trying to twirl anything, he's just going to over head chop everything like Darth Vader did, he's a Vader Worshipping Acolyte, that's my opinion on that. BTW, I think Luke is the mastermind Dark Lord that doesn't appear until the end of the first movie. In the original script for Star Wars, after Vader dies on the Death Star, Luke picks up his helmet and puts it on and says "I'm Vader now!" but, they changed the script for marketability.

I play every week!!! My current character is a half orc barbarian. Well. in that game. In our Noir Savage Worlds game I am an alcoholic detective who is also a double agent for the Irish mob who can sense an objects past by touch....

And I think the sword is ridiculous. Having the light so close to the hilt is dangerous, no matter how you are swinging it. He's going to have Luke as a hand twin soon enough.

I'd love to see a Dark!Luke. I'm not a fan of the goody heros (him, superman, spiderman) I need my people to have a darkside (The Punisher, dare I say Bruce Banner?)

Where my other geeks at!?

• tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

I've actually tried doing that and it didn't turn out as good as I had hoped... the cheese doesn't melt properly or something :(

You have to put it in the oven. A friend told me.
  • littled1986
    Options
    Mmmm.... Cheesy chips... Drool
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    caddir wrote: »
    2tew wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    My confession: I live vicariously through the people in this forum, because I have no physical friends. It's like watching the group of cool kids in the playground back when I was at school. :|

^^^This

Me too :(

It seems we are all living through each other. Does that mean we are now the cool kids? Or does that break some sort of space and time law?
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    In my IRL, I have absolutely no one that shares my interests.

I haven't played Dungeons and Dragons in 10 years.

No one to argue about who the greatest Green Lantern is.

No one to geek out about the latest Marvel Legends Figures, I GOT THE NEW IRONFIST
    FIGURE IT'S FREAKING AWESOME.

I'm the Chubby guy in karate so I'm kinda like a pariah, I do the motions but my side kick and round houses aren't even remotely good or high, so I'm not into Tournaments and you know, if you're not bringing in Trophies for the Dojo.. . . . Oh but Matt, Sensei says "Good Job Matt at least 5-6 times an hour.

No one to talk to about the New Star Wars, because you know, people are concerned that the crossguard lightsaber the new Villain is wielding in the first teaser would chop his own hands off if he started twirling it around, but my point is, that dude isn't trying to twirl anything, he's just going to over head chop everything like Darth Vader did, he's a Vader Worshipping Acolyte, that's my opinion on that. BTW, I think Luke is the mastermind Dark Lord that doesn't appear until the end of the first movie. In the original script for Star Wars, after Vader dies on the Death Star, Luke picks up his helmet and puts it on and says "I'm Vader now!" but, they changed the script for marketability.

I play every week!!! My current character is a half orc barbarian. Well. in that game. In our Noir Savage Worlds game I am an alcoholic detective who is also a double agent for the Irish mob who can sense an objects past by touch....

And I think the sword is ridiculous. Having the light so close to the hilt is dangerous, no matter how you are swinging it. He's going to have Luke as a hand twin soon enough.

I'd love to see a Dark!Luke. I'm not a fan of the goody heros (him, superman, spiderman) I need my people to have a darkside (The Punisher, dare I say Bruce Banner?)

Where my other geeks at!?

I kind of am in the sense that I enjoy watching, wouldn't say I full on nerd out though I'm afraid. Definitely looking forward to the new Star Wars!
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me think of that song about the cool kids, how they wish they could be like the cool kids, like the cool kids yahhhh.. something like that. :wink:
  • caryb2015
    caryb2015 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    shannonbun wrote: »
    My boyfriend just sent me some chocolate and candy from England (he's there, I'm in the US) and I already hid it away so I wouldn't binge on it. One day I can touch it, but not for quite a while!

Kinda sad that I have to hide the food not to eat it...

This never works for me. I have never, ever forgotten where I hide chocolate or candy.
  • Vixenmd1
    Vixenmd1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I recently realized my husbands current picture of me on his phone that pops up when I call is a shot of my cleavage.. And my confession is I thought it was cute. He also has a nice picture of me as his background so the cleavage shot is only when I call
    My last two confessions have been deep and feelful. Here's some small ones to lighten the mood!

Confession: I have Siri set to call me, "Oh, Great Bearded One." When she responds, "What do you need me to do, Oh Great Bearded One?" I lol. Every time.

Confession: Earlier this week, I worked from home an extra day and blamed it on Thing 1 not feeling good and needing to be around in case he had to be picked up from daycare. Today at noon, daycare called and told me to come pick up Thing 2 because she wasn't feeling well.

Confession: My wife is, um, top heavy. I have various boob-related nicknames for her, and by various I mean at least more than 10. For a while, her name in my phone was Lady Popems McBoobsalot.

• littled1986
    Options
    I'm living through everyone here that are eating tasty snacks
  • therealklane
    therealklane Posts: 2,172 Member
    Options
    Vixenmd1 wrote: »
    I recently realized my husbands current picture of me on his phone that pops up when I call is a shot of my cleavage.. And my confession is I thought it was cute. He also has a nice picture of me as his background so the cleavage shot is only when I call
    My last two confessions have been deep and feelful. Here's some small ones to lighten the mood!

Confession: I have Siri set to call me, "Oh, Great Bearded One." When she responds, "What do you need me to do, Oh Great Bearded One?" I lol. Every time.

Confession: Earlier this week, I worked from home an extra day and blamed it on Thing 1 not feeling good and needing to be around in case he had to be picked up from daycare. Today at noon, daycare called and told me to come pick up Thing 2 because she wasn't feeling well.

Confession: My wife is, um, top heavy. I have various boob-related nicknames for her, and by various I mean at least more than 10. For a while, her name in my phone was Lady Popems McBoobsalot.

Now that's a keeper for sure. Haha. Love it.
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    So I was so busy reading this thread that I forgot I was filling up my 90 gallon aquarium and it overflowed. It's not actually funny at all, legit emergency and I have probably irrevocably ruined the wood floor underneath the stand :( Plus I'm worried now about weakening due to water damage.
  • Vixenmd1
    Vixenmd1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Oh he is and my other confession is I ended our engagement when J was 20 and NEVER got iver him. We didn't talk for 13 years. When he found me again(FB) we started talking then finally saw each other in person again. The first thing he said is it is really you the girl I feel in love when she was 16 .. I am a tough girl but it melted my heart and there was no turning back now we are married 4.5 years and it was like 17 years after he first asked me
    Vixenmd1 wrote: »

Now that's a keeper for sure. Haha. Love it.