Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• shawnaes91
    shawnaes91 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I can go all day eating healthy then as soon as my kids go to bed and I'm alone I eat until I feel like I'm going to puke. Binge eating...how do you stop?
    Don't keep foods in your house that are unhealthy snacks or are your typical go to binge foods. Keep lots of healthy snacks in stock that you know you actually enjoy.

• Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    *kitten* girl, I just creeped your photo's. GET YOU SOME. You deserve it.

Ever heard of a burner phone? You need some burner boyfriends. Don't be a ho, but you know, GET YOU SOME![/quote]
    I'm terrified to try to date..especially now with the amount of weight I've lost. I don't know. Not good with rejection and afraid of what guys will think of how I look now. It's weird. I don't know how to explain it very well.

*kitten* girl, I just creeped your photo's. GET YOU SOME. You deserve it.

Ever heard of a burner phone? You need some burner boyfriends. Don't be a ho, but you know, GET YOU SOME!

You are a nicer person than you think you are, AgentOrangeJuice :)
  • lemon629
    lemon629 Posts: 501 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    A lot of you are baring really deep stuff. Seeing the kindness and support here is like a breath of fresh air. I'm inspired to confess something I haven't told anyone. It will feel sooo good to get off my chest.
    My main motivation for getting in shape and losing weight is that I'm still in love with my ex boyfriend. We've been friends for 13 years, dated for two, and I broke up with him about a year ago. He is exactly the kind of man I want to be with, but I broke up with him because I never believed that he was in love with me. There were lots of reasons I felt that way and I tried to work out those issues with him, but every time he would just say "I'm just not good enough for you", and nothing would get resolved.
    So here's how I picture it in my mind. I'm going to get super hot and he's going to tell me he can't live without me and we're going to live happily ever after and have 1 million beautiful red headed babies...
    OR
    I'm going to get super hot, he's still going to be super uninterested, but I'll be super hot so it won't matter and I'll be able to move on.
    Phew I'm so glad I got to tell someone. My friends would all tsk me for having feelings for a guy that they feel wasn't the one for me. And double tsk for all the times he broke my heart.

What you said about your ex seems like a red flag to me. Every guy who has told me I was too good for him was correct. This guy is probably right, too, especially since you said you felt like he didn't love you enough when you were together.

So keep your mind open to other possibilities while you continue to get hotter! There is someone out there who will be much better for you.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    threnjen wrote: »
    ... double post, MFP blip...

Phew. It's not just me, lol.
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    My confession: I live vicariously through the people in this forum, because I have no physical friends. It's like watching the group of cool kids in the playground back when I was at school. :|

I don't really have friends either. There's another mom I get along pretty well with but we only see each other on the rare days she picks up her kids... but I've been so disappointed by friendships in the past, I don't actually care. Well, except when people talk about going out with their friends and post all the pictures and it makes me feel very lonely. But I haven't had a close friend since my first marriage 15 years ago.

I seriously feel like you're my sister from another mister. I, too, am a stay at home mom that looks forward to Monday's and doesn't have any real friends to go out with. I used to but I seemed to have lost them along the way. Almost everything you post I relate to.

I feel this way about @ShibaEars‌. I relate to everything she posts!

Lol :smile: I love that we're all finding others who feel the same way! It's too bad those that think like me aren't near me to hang out!

I'm also sensing a common theme in the more recent pages - none of us have a lot of friends IRL. So... is that why we've all ended up in the same thread, or is this just how the majority of the population is?
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    lemon629 wrote: »
    A lot of you are baring really deep stuff. Seeing the kindness and support here is like a breath of fresh air. I'm inspired to confess something I haven't told anyone. It will feel sooo good to get off my chest.
    My main motivation for getting in shape and losing weight is that I'm still in love with my ex boyfriend. We've been friends for 13 years, dated for two, and I broke up with him about a year ago. He is exactly the kind of man I want to be with, but I broke up with him because I never believed that he was in love with me. There were lots of reasons I felt that way and I tried to work out those issues with him, but every time he would just say "I'm just not good enough for you", and nothing would get resolved.
    So here's how I picture it in my mind. I'm going to get super hot and he's going to tell me he can't live without me and we're going to live happily ever after and have 1 million beautiful red headed babies...
    OR
    I'm going to get super hot, he's still going to be super uninterested, but I'll be super hot so it won't matter and I'll be able to move on.
    Phew I'm so glad I got to tell someone. My friends would all tsk me for having feelings for a guy that they feel wasn't the one for me. And double tsk for all the times he broke my heart.

What you said about your ex seems like a red flag to me. Every guy who has told me I was too good for him was correct. This guy is probably right, too, especially since you said you felt like he didn't love you enough when you were together.

So keep your mind open to other possibilities while you continue to get hotter! There is someone out there who will be much better for you.

That's what I was thinking. There's a third possible outcome, @littled1986 - You get super hot and realize you're better off without him! ;)
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    TigerNY128 wrote: »

My confession: I live vicariously through the people in this forum, because I have no physical friends. It's like watching the group of cool kids in the playground back when I was at school. :|

I don't really have friends either. There's another mom I get along pretty well with but we only see each other on the rare days she picks up her kids... but I've been so disappointed by friendships in the past, I don't actually care. Well, except when people talk about going out with their friends and post all the pictures and it makes me feel very lonely. But I haven't had a close friend since my first marriage 15 years ago.

I seriously feel like you're my sister from another mister. I, too, am a stay at home mom that looks forward to Monday's and doesn't have any real friends to go out with. I used to but I seemed to have lost them along the way. Almost everything you post I relate to.

I feel this way about @ShibaEars‌. I relate to everything she posts!

Lol :smile: I love that we're all finding others who feel the same way! It's too bad those that think like me aren't near me to hang out!

I'm also sensing a common theme in the more recent pages - none of us have a lot of friends IRL. So... is that why we've all ended up in the same thread, or is this just how the majority of the population is?

It's the way of the world, we're so uber connected we fail to make the most basic human connections. I walk into my breakroom at work, and see 8 people sitting at a table, I said "Look how close you are all to each other, yet so far away." As they're all face first into their phones.
  • LLCinLV
    LLCinLV Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am grateful there are others like me. I usually eat okay, but then I binge. A half gallon of ice cream isn't uncommon.
    Since starting logging, I have not binged. I hope I can keep it up.
  • littled1986
    littled1986 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    OR

That's what I was thinking. There's a third possible outcome, @littled1986 - You get super hot and realize you're better off without him! ;)

Yes the third outcome has crossed my mind as well. We'll always be close (he was one of my oldest and dearest friends before we started dating), but not feeling loved in a relationship is NOT in my plans. It would be easier to stop having feelings for him if he stopped fixing my stuff and giving me stuff. Plus my 10 year old daughter loves him (he was at the hospital when she was born). Stupid wonderful stupid man.... Grumble, grumble
  • mewickla
    mewickla Posts: 71 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I only accepted the Weekend Warrior Fitbit challenge I was sent because I work 12 hour shifts both days. >:)
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options

Yes. The biggest thing that I have learned about relationships is that when somebody tells you something like this, LISTEN.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    I am not introverted at all and I am here! I'm staying in tonight because I need to rest and try to get over my cold...but it is killing me not to be out doing stuff on a Friday night.

I make friends fairly easily, even close friends. My problem is that I tend to connect with people who, like me, are international or move around a lot for work. I really only have one good friend in the small city where I live at the moment. If I ever want to have a more normal social life, I will need to move back to the nearest large city.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    confession:

(and this ties in to the past 2 or 3 topics in this thread somehow)

I used to be pretty judgmental of people with mental health issues. I'd dismiss it as weakness or attention seeking. Then about 2 years ago I started having panic attacks and anxiety. Fought it for a long time, tried to "fix" it on my own, nothing worked. Finally got help. Very humbling experience to say the least.

Was also drinking quite heavily during this time. Knocking on the door of full-blown alcoholism. I think the anxiety and panic attacks were correlated to the drinking but I'm not which came first. Anyway after getting help the desire to drink really dropped off. Every once in a while I want to have a casual drink like everyone else but I don't trust myself. It might be fine, or I might spiral out of control and right now I'm not willing to take that risk. Drinking heavily, at least for me, was symptomatic of deeper issues I had been harboring.

It all stems back to childhood I really believe that now. I didn't have that bad of childhood but for one aspect and it had a drastic effect on me without my realizing it until recently. I'll confess more on that later don't have the time now...

Oh, and I used to be one of those who thought about sex constantly but after seeking help they put me on an anti-depressant (one more thing I used to not "believe in" doing until it effected me). It has really helped me a lot, but one side effect is it has pretty much killed my libido. I don't necessarily mind it and in fact find it strangely liberating. I can focus my thoughts on more productive things and feel more in control of my mind and body.

Not a confession, but I highly recommend the book "Always the fat kid" - felt like I was reading my own biography and it really helped me understand myself.

I had a very depressed friend when I was 17 too... and I never understood it... until I had severe depression when I hit 22 (when I started working, with the job where I had nothing to do like I mentioned in another post)... I lost all my friends (I had lost contact with the one above by then because her boyfriend decided that he liked me better), got divorced, I didn't have any support at all. I look back and can't imagine doing some of the things I did then, but now I know what you can do when you're truly desperate. Confession - I had some degus, a kind of rodent, and they kept getting out of their cage (chewed it out)... one of them bit my cat, and I was terrified that they would eat my computer cables, which was my only link to the outside world, that I caught them one at a time and threw them out of the window... I'm horrified when I look back.. I kept skipping classes too, and almost got in serious trouble because my job was paying for those. I got lucky because the woman I talked to was very understanding.

Nobody in my family knows what I went through (my mom was judging my friend a lot when I was 17) and it took years to get better (my father died too, which didn't help, and nobody at my job even told me that they were sorry, totally ignored me while I was in tears then when I left complained because I didn't throw a party). I tried anti depressant but they made me horribly drowsy so I stopped taking them... I had suicide thoughts a few times too... it was awful. I moved to the US and I was pretty much a train wreck for years, flying to meet friends I had met online, which almost ended up badly one time... then I had fertility issues with my husband... I guess it's no wonder I gained so much weight.

I will never underestimate mental issues, and I wish that more people were understanding about them.

I love degus, all animals really, but I really love degus....as I read this I was all smiles until I read what you did to them.....now I am just sad......
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Ok here goes. So, I like to have "chips & cheese" as my mom always called it while I was growing up. Just tortilla chips with cheddar and melted in the microwave. Recently I have been craving them more than usual. So this past week I laid down the chips and grabbed a massive handful of shredded cheddar cheese and spread over the top. Then I added another layer with another handful of cheese on top. And I ate it all. And have done it twice more since. I don't know why I'm craving cheese like this, but it can go away any time now!

NO NO NO, you are doing it all wrong! In the oven they would be so much better!!!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options

This is me too. I lost my best friend when I finally grew a set and told her how I really felt about her dick of a redneck douche husband (we were friends since elementary). The others just fell by the wayside and we grew apart or I just didn't want put up with their antics. My best friend is my husband and we do everything together.

Confession 1: I have spent the past three evenings trying to catch up on the thread... when I left off three days ago I was on page 178.
    Confession 2: I don't understand how some people have so much time to spend on these forums. I can barely keep up with this thread. I haven't left this thread in three days.
    Confession 3: I hate smokers. I don't understand why anyone would even try it because everyone knows how bad it is for you. I also hate getting in an elevator with someone who is coming back from a smoke break. I silently shame smokers in my head.
    Confession 4: I get excited when I am the first one to use a public toilet that was just cleaned (because the toilet seat is up)

That is all for now.

I agree there! There is literally one other thread I routinely read and it is not as active, not even close, maybe ten posts daily......and that is all I have time for.....every time I come on here there are pages and pages to catch up on it seems......
  • Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I'm glad that I'm not the only one who has limited local friends. I have several good friends though they live far away (either because I moved or they moved). I have a hard time making friends because I can't stand drama and I tend to stop talking to people if they continue to whine and complain about the same things while never doing anything to fix it. Like my hubby's best friend, he's a nice guy but his wife's a lying, cheating, manipulative *kitten* waffle. He *kitten* about her constantly but won't divorce her, so now when he comes over and complains to hubby about her I completely tube him out, he'll I won't even answer the phone if he calls, I just pretend I'm not home.
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    kismet1428 wrote: »
    My confession is that I don't know what I like to do. My world was taking care of my daughter, she's grown and I seriously have no clue what I am interested in and no idea of how to figure it out.

freeintenyears.com/frugal-tips/100-cheap-hobbies/

discoverahobby.com/

I would start by looking at those lists and trying out anything that strikes your interest to start. Don't be afraid if something sounds good and it turns out you hate it. Just try something else. Also, if the reason your entire life revolved around your daughter is that you really love children, you could try volunteering with them. Try your local schools and libraries. You could also ask at shelters and D.S.S. (or area equivalent). As a foster kid I know I would have loved something to look forward to.
  • shannonbun
    shannonbun Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    shannonbun wrote: »
    My boyfriend just sent me some chocolate and candy from England (he's there, I'm in the US) and I already hid it away so I wouldn't binge on it. One day I can touch it, but not for quite a while!

Kinda sad that I have to hide the food not to eat it...

@shannonbun‌
    My boyfriend is in England and I'm in the states too! :(

LDR solidarity :s
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

Until recently I had one friend who I actually hung out with in real life. A few weeks ago, I forced myself to reach out to an acquaintance who had a new baby and it went well, so now I have 2 friends. I am jealous of women who are close to their sisters - my sister is on drugs and won't talk to me. /sad

I'm sorry. I can somewhat relate: my sister (my only sibling) disowned me when I left the family religion when I turned 18. Just recently she tried talking to me again, which I'm open to, but in her eyes I'm still a bad person so I'm not welcome at her house. Needless to say, I have a hard time reconciling that and rebuilding a relationship at the same time, so I've basically just done nothing about it.
    Wow, I'm so sorry... your twin...how sad and difficult. By her disowning you I imagine that was pretty painful but standing up for what you've chosen to now believe in is important. It can be difficult to make changes and others don't like it and treat you as such.
    I have to say, BZAH10 is one of my favorite people in this thread. She tries to talk to as many different people as possible and I love that. I wish I could comment more. I need to start reading this when I'm at home
    @BZAH10 I always enjoy your posts as well..you seem very kind and only once or twice have I seen you surprise me. LOL ;)

Thank you! That's very kind of you. I guess all I can say as far as surprising you is that this is a "confessions" thread so I'm a bit more open here than on other threads. Maybe I should be more careful!

oh, no lol It wasn't this thread. This thread is open for anything from eating chocolate powder to brownie batter...peep detox... can't even recall all the confessions from 100 pages back. ;)
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    jules92761 wrote: »
    OMG - I love this post. Ok, I'll confess... I actually ate at least 4 lemon Oreos in the car on my home from my mom's (she only lives a mile away) rather than eat them in front of my husband.... then snuck 4 more later in the kitchen while he was watching tv! :blush:

Lemon I've never tried.. now the Reese's Oreo's...are a bit too delicious! :blush:
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    My coworker and I were just talking smack about our boss because we thought we were the only ones in the office. Nope, he's here and heard it all...

Oooh, ouch! Sorry about that. What has happened since? Awkward silence? Hope you don't have negative repercussions.

@courtenaymichele what I read when I first saw the original post was "My coworker and I were just talking about smacking our boss around..."

OK, so yea now I see the original post and see how that could be awkward. :#