Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    I recently discovered chocolate coated popcorn. This is not good news.

Chocolate covered jujubes

! -- (wait, *what*?!!!)

This... is such a foreign 'concept'...and in reading of its existence, feels as though I've just learned that some previously-understood, unwritten 'rule', about something 'fundamental' in the universe, has just been discovered to be false... (guess what? -- it turns out you *can* divide by zero!... <--- you might as well have just 'announced' *that*, the utter shockwave-inducing consequence of finding out that jujubes have now had a 'hey, you got jujubes in my chocolate!', Reese's-like 'big bang' moment, was *that* stunning (and summarily shattered my previous understanding of what would constitute viable 'chocolate-coverable, candy concoction compatibility complexes (jujubes and chocolate...?...! -- it's almost 'sci-fi' -like, it's so 'otherworldly'...! :) ))...

ythannah, I'm a fan of chocolate, and have historically been a fan of jujubes... but I'm gonna 'need a moment' to let this one sink in... ;)

There was entirely too much bacon in this thread, IMHO. It needed another injection of chocolate.

It's funny you mention that, because something I thought, but somehow refrained from conveying (perhaps I received a telepathic signal from you? :P ), was that the only way to make those chocolate covered jujubes any better would be to wrap them in bacon...! (I'm not kidding -- that actually crossed my mind... :) )

(An associated reality, however, would be the likely subsequent need to freaking toothpick-ize them, and *that's* not gonna happen (unless they're served as appetizers at some party for which the attendees are prepared to 'expect the unexpected' (though it still might warrant having them sign liability waivers, what with the pending shock being of such non-trivial 'magnitude' ;) ))...

I read your posts, but I don't have time to reply to everything. Although I'm wondering why 2 of your posts on an earlier page were flagged??? Any idea why?
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    I drink back my exercise calories.

Me too, unfortunately.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    Dear M&Ms,

This is not directed at any one particular variety as this applies to those I have consumed (regular, peanut, peanut butter, dark chocolate, and the seasonal egg shaped one that are just bigger versions of the regular) but I am assuming this would also apply to the ones I haven't tried (pretzel and white chocolate as I have heard you exist).

Why do you have to be so delicious? I swear, you were only created to go into my belly. I can never just have one and I get sad when you are all gone. I cannot resist you and as such, I love you and hate you.

Please never go away (unless you mysteriously vanish into my belly!)

Love,
    Smashers :heart:

Co-signed. Plain M&M's are my favorite candy. I just had a serving and a Keebler triple chocolate M&M cookie. My dad loves peanut M&M's.

My mother in law keeps a full M&M dispenser in her kitchen. I'm not even a big fan of milk chocolate, but I cannot resist eating handfuls of M&M's every time I am there! (I do occasionally fill it with dark chocolate M's because they are my favorite!)
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    I drink back my exercise calories.

I run for beer. I cycle for ice cream.
  • overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I have a phone interview tomorrow for a job, and I'm super nervous about it. I've been out of work for a long time, I really need a job (and this one sounds pretty good), and I haven't interviewed in about 5 years. I know, logically, that even if I totally blow it, I'm in no worse position than I am now...but my stomach is still jumping around like crazy. :/
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

! -- (wait, *what*?!!!)

This... is such a foreign 'concept'...and in reading of its existence, feels as though I've just learned that some previously-understood, unwritten 'rule', about something 'fundamental' in the universe, has just been discovered to be false... (guess what? -- it turns out you *can* divide by zero!... <--- you might as well have just 'announced' *that*, the utter shockwave-inducing consequence of finding out that jujubes have now had a 'hey, you got jujubes in my chocolate!', Reese's-like 'big bang' moment, was *that* stunning (and summarily shattered my previous understanding of what would constitute viable 'chocolate-coverable, candy concoction compatibility complexes (jujubes and chocolate...?...! -- it's almost 'sci-fi' -like, it's so 'otherworldly'...! :) ))...

ythannah, I'm a fan of chocolate, and have historically been a fan of jujubes... but I'm gonna 'need a moment' to let this one sink in... ;)

There was entirely too much bacon in this thread, IMHO. It needed another injection of chocolate.

It's funny you mention that, because something I thought, but somehow refrained from conveying (perhaps I received a telepathic signal from you? :P ), was that the only way to make those chocolate covered jujubes any better would be to wrap them in bacon...! (I'm not kidding -- that actually crossed my mind... :) )

(An associated reality, however, would be the likely subsequent need to freaking toothpick-ize them, and *that's* not gonna happen (unless they're served as appetizers at some party for which the attendees are prepared to 'expect the unexpected' (though it still might warrant having them sign liability waivers, what with the pending shock being of such non-trivial 'magnitude' ;) ))...

I read your posts, but I don't have time to reply to everything. Although I'm wondering why 2 of your posts on an earlier page were flagged??? Any idea why?

I was wondering that too, flagged for spam?!
  • shannonbun
    shannonbun Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    There was a 5 lb difference between yesterday and today's weigh-ins and it's killing me. I literally can't stop sobbing, which is ridiculous.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options

! -- (wait, *what*?!!!)

I read the posts and why all the (( )) ) ( ()) (() )() ( )) () () () )( )( ((( ))) )) ) (( ( )) )( ()( )( ) ()() ()() just sayin.
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    I have a phone interview tomorrow for a job, and I'm super nervous about it. I've been out of work for a long time, I really need a job (and this one sounds pretty good), and I haven't interviewed in about 5 years. I know, logically, that even if I totally blow it, I'm in no worse position than I am now...but my stomach is still jumping around like crazy. :/

Spend some time today looking over possible interview questions and practicing the interview. Maybe this will help calm you down. Best of luck to you!
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    annette_15 wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Sometimes I feel like all my posts are invisible, cause no one ever replies to them :/

It's a fast moving thread--just keep chatting!

Lol I'm well aware, I've read every single post in this thread, I'm always caught up :smiley:

Throw something super juicy and gossipy up!

I don't think that really works. The guy who slept with his cousin's wife and the girl with two boyfriends were largely ignored...

When did this happen?!?!?!?!?
    Sometimes I feel like all my posts are invisible, cause no one ever replies to them :/

Lol I'm well aware, I've read every single post in this thread, I'm always caught up :smiley:

I don't think that really works. The guy who slept with his cousin's wife and the girl with two boyfriends were largely ignored...

When did this happen?!?!?!?!?

Way back in the thread. I think the cousin's wife one was quite near the start. Apparently it was fun when it happened but now visiting them is awkward. Probably unsurprisingly.

I don't remember that one either. My favorite was the guy that slept with an older woman (one night stand kind of thing), fast forward a couple years, starts dating some girl, the girl takes him to meet her Mom, and guess who!
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    shannonbun wrote: »
    There was a 5 lb difference between yesterday and today's weigh-ins and it's killing me. I literally can't stop sobbing, which is ridiculous.

Sounds like typical symptoms of PMS (especially the crying over it part). Give it a few days, you'll be right as rain.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options

I won $2mill in a poker tournament in 07 (tho I only ended up with a profit of $500k). Being 19 at the time I was verrrry reckless with money thinking I would be able to do this again and again. Turns out its not that easy and I wasted SOOO much money in the next couple of years, just being young and naive. Now I look back at that time and regret so much of what I did and wish I woulda known then what I know now. Oh well...live and learn eh? lol

I was also thrown into the spotlight because of this win, and really had to learn to grow up and dealing with people judging me and talking about me on forums etc. It was very hard on me, and I'll never forget some of the negative things ppl said about my looks. This is one of the reasons I finally decided to lose weight, to make ppl shut up.

I've heard of you... huge poker fan here.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options

! -- (wait, *what*?!!!)

Maybe just because the username looks kinda spammy/randomly computer-generated?
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    ^ Not stupid! That is a very unhelpful way to list serving sizes. I have no clue.

I agree on both counts: not a stupid question because I've never understood popcorn servings anyway. "Unpopped"??? Why even list it that way?

I know right! As if ANYONE eats it unpopped

Yeah, I can sort of picture it.

"Oh my god! Are you alright? Were you in an accident?"
    Quizzical look, "Whatever do you mean?"
    Completely dumbfounded and uncomfortable look, "Well, I mean, you know, your teeth."
    Happy but busted smile, "That comes from eating my favorite snack. Rock hard unpopped popcorn, with added lump of unmelted butter and salt. Mhmm, yummy. I know it broke all my teeth, but it was totally worth it. Also I got to accurately measure the calories!"

This is seriously the first post that actually made me LOL in a long time! We should be friends!!!

Yay! I'm glad you got a laugh out of it. :)
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options

! -- (wait, *what*?!!!)

I read the posts and why all the (( )) ) ( ()) (() )() ( )) () () () )( )( ((( ))) )) ) (( ( )) )( ()( )( ) ()() ()() just sayin.

Yes, there is a LOT of punctuation! But the wording is entertaining. I just enjoy the variety on this thread.
  • dawnsnarks
    dawnsnarks Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    If there are loose jelly beans anywhere near me, I will eat them. Can resist anything except jelly beans. I've taken to hiding the bags I bought for vacation deep in the recesses of the basement so I won't eat them. It's a sickness. A delicious, delicious sickness.
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    Options

! -- (wait, *what*?!!!)

I'm wondering why 2 of your posts on an earlier page were flagged??? Any idea why?

I had no idea that any of my posts had been flagged... how 'nice'...

If I had to hazard a guess, it would seem that the length 'bothered' someone (though that doesn't constitute grounds for flagging)...

I just checked details associated with my notifications... 2 posts were flagged (and presumably by the same person) as being "Spam" (which they perhaps consider anything beyond a certain length to 'be' (so much for embracing the "absolutely no judgment" aspect of the thread))...

(Thank you for the heads up... and Thank you for reading my posts...)
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options

! -- (wait, *what*?!!!)

I'm wondering why 2 of your posts on an earlier page were flagged??? Any idea why?

I had no idea that any of my posts had been flagged... how 'nice'...

If I had to hazard a guess, it would seem that the length 'bothered' someone (though that doesn't constitute grounds for flagging)...

I just checked details associated with my notifications... 2 posts were flagged (and presumably by the same person) as being "Spam" (which they perhaps consider anything beyond a certain length to 'be' (so much for embracing the "absolutely no judgment" aspect of the thread))...

(Thank you for the heads up... and Thank you for reading my posts...)

It could also be what ythannah mentioned: your user name could be mistaken for a computer-generated spam name. I have to admit, I'd love to hear how you came up with it! Looks like what happens when I drop something on my key board.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    mziegler01 wrote: »
    I ran into a friend at the grocery store and she was buying the stuff to start on that military diet. I said, "Good luck with that," pretty sarcastically. Now I feel kinda bad cuz she's a big girl and I'm afraid she thought I meant she would fail.

I have a few friends trying this too. I keep rolling my eyes. I tell them the weight is going to run back onto you like a gazelle on the Serengeti the moment they stop that diet and it'll all be water weight anyhow, but have at it. XD Like, I might do that if I got too fat for a specific pair of pants that I needed to wear desperately at the end of the week, but that's about it.

I had no idea what the "military diet" was so I looked it up. Why only HALF a grapefruit for breakfast? What about the other half? Didn't see it mentioned anywhere else in the diet. I did see 1/2 a banana for one meal and then 1/2 for another the following day. What a waste! Just eat the whole thing!!! Of course, I generally eat two grapefruits for breakfast every day.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    When I'm really craving flavor I drink shots of Worcestershire sauce.

Is this not normal? Because I totally do it.