Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Thanks I've interviewed before, and they always say no for your first go around, and then don't even respond the second and sometimes third attempts just to see how you handle rejection.

Hmm, interesting. Good thing you know that ahead of time. ;)

spamarie wrote: »
    I haven't suffered from pushy, judgey cashiers, however I sometimes wonder if they notice what they're scanning and make up stories in their heads. I know I would (although I'd never say anything). Especially when it's one of those awkward shops where you only seem to be buying cat food, chocolate and sanitary towels.

Haha this made me laugh! I know the feeling.

I felt like that last Sunday when I bought six big bags of white mini Cadbury eggs (hey, they were only 95 cents each on clearance). I was thinking the guy was probably like, 'no wonder you are fat.'

I eat them in moderation...I serving a day lately.

I totally looked for clearance Cadbury mini eggs. They are my favorite. There were none to be found... :'(
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    festerw wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    jlnoble513 wrote: »
    @AngryViking1970 what does turkey bacon taste like? I'm scared to try it lol. I don't like turkey

Uh...like bacon? LOL It doesn't taste like turkey, but it has a different texture than regular bacon for sure. It's much firmer and doesn't really get crispy. Try it!

But not really. I have decided that it's not worth the few calories I save. Life is too short!

This is the truest statement I've heard in quite some time! I feel 100% the same way. I'll save calories somewhere else. When I want bacon, I want BACON!
    I'll second that! I use this mentality with butter vs. margarine, cream vs. creamer, and whipped cream vs. cool whip. I would rather have the real stuff than the "fake".
    W
    I usually go for the real instead of a substitute, but I really do prefer turkey bacon. It's always a mess to cook regular (albeit delicious) bacon and when I order it out, it's usually all floppy and super gross.

Hubby and I ate turkey bacon for quite some time due to it being less greasy. To treat ourselves, we bought the real stuff (a nice applewood smoked thick slice) and I forgot how good the real stuff was. We've now switched back to real bacon and I have been experimenting with different cooking methods. I lined the inside and top of a broiler pan with tin foil and cut small slits in the top layer for the grease to drip into the bottom of the pan and placed it in the oven. It cooked it nice & crispy but was still a mess w/ the tin foil. Last week I made a little packet w/ double layer tin foil and laid the bacon inside. I closed up the packet and used a fork to poke holes on either side and the put in on the BBQ. the first time I did it, the heat was too high and I burned it, the second time I tried it, i lowered the heat and it worked perfectly! the little holes allow the grease to drip out slowly and you get nice crispy bacon. You have to make sure the flames aren't too high otherwise it can start a fire and you just need to keep an eye on it. once it was done, I just put the bacon on some paper towel and left the tin foil on the BBQ to let the remaining grease cool & harden - then through it all way.

This only works if you don't save the bacon grease for other cooking. I would like to but hubby thinks it's disgusting.

A grill with a drip pan works great, I can do bacon on my Traeger by just throwing it on the rack.

We are going to be buying one next time we are in the States - they are way to expensive in Canada. We had a Bradley smoker which worked okay but we both like the concept of the Traeger more.
  • vmlabute
    vmlabute Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I wear the same jeans over and over until they get dirty...then I have to wash them
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Confession: I'm enjoying *kitten* talking Habs fans over the playoff series way to much today.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    vmlabute wrote: »
    I wear the same jeans over and over until they get dirty...then I have to wash them

I only wash my jeans if they specifically get dirty. Otherwise, they just get folded and put back in the closet for next time.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options

This is the recommended usage as put forward by Levi

Mr Unclean Jeans
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    @AngryViking1970 what does turkey bacon taste like? I'm scared to try it lol. I don't like turkey

Uh...like bacon? LOL It doesn't taste like turkey, but it has a different texture than regular bacon for sure. It's much firmer and doesn't really get crispy. Try it!

But not really. I have decided that it's not worth the few calories I save. Life is too short!

This is the truest statement I've heard in quite some time! I feel 100% the same way. I'll save calories somewhere else. When I want bacon, I want BACON!
    I'll second that! I use this mentality with butter vs. margarine, cream vs. creamer, and whipped cream vs. cool whip. I would rather have the real stuff than the "fake".
    W
    I usually go for the real instead of a substitute, but I really do prefer turkey bacon. It's always a mess to cook regular (albeit delicious) bacon and when I order it out, it's usually all floppy and super gross.

Hubby and I ate turkey bacon for quite some time due to it being less greasy. To treat ourselves, we bought the real stuff (a nice applewood smoked thick slice) and I forgot how good the real stuff was. We've now switched back to real bacon and I have been experimenting with different cooking methods. I lined the inside and top of a broiler pan with tin foil and cut small slits in the top layer for the grease to drip into the bottom of the pan and placed it in the oven. It cooked it nice & crispy but was still a mess w/ the tin foil. Last week I made a little packet w/ double layer tin foil and laid the bacon inside. I closed up the packet and used a fork to poke holes on either side and the put in on the BBQ. the first time I did it, the heat was too high and I burned it, the second time I tried it, i lowered the heat and it worked perfectly! the little holes allow the grease to drip out slowly and you get nice crispy bacon. You have to make sure the flames aren't too high otherwise it can start a fire and you just need to keep an eye on it. once it was done, I just put the bacon on some paper towel and left the tin foil on the BBQ to let the remaining grease cool & harden - then through it all way.

This only works if you don't save the bacon grease for other cooking. I would like to but hubby thinks it's disgusting.

A grill with a drip pan works great, I can do bacon on my Traeger by just throwing it on the rack.

We are going to be buying one next time we are in the States - they are way to expensive in Canada. We had a Bradley smoker which worked okay but we both like the concept of the Traeger more.

Don't tell my hubby, but I'm getting him a Traeger for Father's Day. ;) Maybe I'll cook him some real bacon on it.
  • boricua3177
    boricua3177 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I have several confessions:

1. The other night I was under my calorie goal, so I ate some chips while watching TV & didn't log them.
    2. My sugar levels always suck because I am still an avid Coke drinker. (I do make sure I log it in)
    3. I very rarely eat breakfast during the week (I know, I know...it's a carnal sin)
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options

Isn't this the normal way to do it? :)
  • quiksylver296
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I have several confessions:

1. The other night I was under my calorie goal, so I ate some chips while watching TV & didn't log them.
    2. My sugar levels always suck because I am still an avid Coke drinker. (I do make sure I log it in)
    3. I very rarely eat breakfast during the week (I know, I know...it's a carnal sin)

I see no problem with any of those. I quit tracking my sugar and replaced it with iron on my diary. The sugar number they list is ridiculous and sugar is a carb and I already track carbs.

I eat "breakfast" around 10 a.m. and it is usually just a yogurt and some berries. (I get up between 4:30 and 5 every morning.) I'm not hungry before then, so why eat? I believe the 'eating breakfast to kickstart your metabolism' myth has been disproven. (Is disproven a word? It looks weird.)
  • HollandOats
    HollandOats Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I drink back my exercise calories.
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    I recently discovered chocolate coated popcorn. This is not good news.

Chocolate covered jujubes

! -- (wait, *what*?!!!)

This... is such a foreign 'concept'...and in reading of its existence, feels as though I've just learned that some previously-understood, unwritten 'rule', about something 'fundamental' in the universe, has just been discovered to be false... (guess what? -- it turns out you *can* divide by zero!... <--- you might as well have just 'announced' *that*, the utter shockwave-inducing consequence of finding out that jujubes have now had a 'hey, you got jujubes in my chocolate!', Reese's-like 'big bang' moment, was *that* stunning (and summarily shattered my previous understanding of what would constitute viable 'chocolate-coverable, candy concoction compatibility complexes (jujubes and chocolate...?...! -- it's almost 'sci-fi' -like, it's so 'otherworldly'...! :) ))...

ythannah, I'm a fan of chocolate, and have historically been a fan of jujubes... but I'm gonna 'need a moment' to let this one sink in... ;)
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    annette_15 wrote: »
    Sometimes I feel like all my posts are invisible, cause no one ever replies to them :/

They aren't. I wish I could respond to more posts but work...
    Sorry that I can't respond more! Keep posting.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

I wrote this in another thread recently, but this guy at my office brought in a variety of high quality flavored popcorns at Christmas--caramel, chocolate, and some mixed versions. I dismissed them as not that interesting--I want my popcorn plain, I said to myself--until I was there late and hungry and just grabbed a handful. Oh, my, goodness! It was so amazing and I could not stop myself from going back and back and back and the amount of that stuff I ate in the week before Christmas (and included in some likely inaccurate quick add--I basically gave up on logging accurately in December, which also includes my birthday) was probably some immense number of calories.

I was a little dismayed when he replaced all the popcorn when it was gone, as I'd assumed it was a short-term thing. (However, it has not returned since Christmas, so I'm assuming a holiday thing only.)

The second day when I realized I was going to be consuming lots of it again, I check the calories and they were disturbingly high. In February I was stuck in O'Hare and looking for something to eat, so I checked out their flavored popcorn place and almost bought some, but decided the calories were too high (as I knew I'd eat the entire quantity of whatever I bought).

But wow does that stuff hit my personal taste preferences.
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options

W

Don't tell my hubby, but I'm getting him a Traeger for Father's Day. ;) Maybe I'll cook him some real bacon on it.

In our Bradley, we smoked a turkey for Christmas - it was the best turkey I ever had - I can't wait to get a new smoker (since we sold the Bradley)
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

Chocolate covered jujubes

! -- (wait, *what*?!!!)

This... is such a foreign 'concept'...and in reading of its existence, feels as though I've just learned that some previously-understood, unwritten 'rule', about something 'fundamental' in the universe, has just been discovered to be false... (guess what? -- it turns out you *can* divide by zero!... <--- you might as well have just 'announced' *that*, the utter shockwave-inducing consequence of finding out that jujubes have now had a 'hey, you got jujubes in my chocolate!', Reese's-like 'big bang' moment, was *that* stunning (and summarily shattered my previous understanding of what would constitute viable 'chocolate-coverable, candy concoction compatibility complexes (jujubes and chocolate...?...! -- it's almost 'sci-fi' -like, it's so 'otherworldly'...! :) ))...

ythannah, I'm a fan of chocolate, and have historically been a fan of jujubes... but I'm gonna 'need a moment' to let this one sink in... ;)

Only in bulk stores, as far as I've seen. Usually located close to the chocolate covered cashews *whistles innocently*.

edit: There was entirely too much bacon in this thread, IMHO. It needed another injection of chocolate.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I feel like all my posts are invisible, cause no one ever replies to them :/

I know this has already been mentioned, but I wish there was a like button because it's impossible to comment on everything. I was just here yesterday afternoon and there are FIVE new pages!
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »

We went very low key. We already have two children together, we have lived together for 7 years. We don't even really care about being married, we are totally committed regardless - we mainly did it so that my now husband can adopt my older child who he has been raising this whole time. She knew that, and still made a huge fuss over nothing. Oh well.

I don't think you sound selfish. People can be so unreasonable. Also, I like your cat.

Thanks!! he is so adorable and can be a little *kitten* sometimes but he is my kid... until I have kids.

I am a huge cat person. I do have kids, but I'm just as likely to bore someone talking about my cats or showing their pictures.

My wife & I don't have kids, just cats & dogs.

We've lost 3 cats & a Lab over the years, and we took our favorite photo of them & blew them up on those 18 x 30 photo-to-canvas prints...they're major pieces of our wall art, lol

That's actually really sweet.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I'm not a huge popcorn fan, but this stuff!!! Oh my blazin' heaven!

b45459_zpsyvvxomrn.jpg
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options

I'm sorry! This is a super-busy time of year for me so I've not been able to respond to this thread the way I like to. Keep posting though! I'm sure your posts have been noticed!