Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Confession - on weeks when I work out regularly and hard and see a rather embarrassing increase in libido, and I dare not google that to see if it's a common thing. (I am guessing it could be linked to upped testosterone levels? In women high testosterone is known to... up...... erm........ desire.)

I hope you have a happy someone to release that desire on! That's awesome!!!
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    tiona83 wrote: »
    mziegler01 wrote: »
    I confess that I changed my calorie goal a couple of days ago from losing 2lbs per week to losing 1lb per week and I feel so much better! Those extra like 400 calories to play around with make me feel full and I'm less likely to go over my goal. Plus most days I stay within my 2lb goal anyways, but now I never see red and that feels awesome.

I also confess that I feel awful about my life right now in almost every aspect except my relationship with my husband and my weight loss...and I'm all right with that. Everyone around me also seems to have their life falling apart on a regular basis and I'm super thankful to have my support rock always there for me. Reading this thread and the silly little posts from my friends on here and seeing their accomplishments every day makes me so much more cheery than going on facebook ever does. <3

I hate the red numbers. I have my calorie goal set to "maintain". I figure if I'm under that every day, I'll lose. Maybe it won't be as fast, but I won't get frustrated as easily sigh those red numbers.

Yeah why don't they have orange numbers to allow us to know to "yield" our eating. Big fat read is so depressing even if it's only a red 3.

Hahaha! Someone should suggest that to the MFP staff!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    jlnoble513 wrote: »
    @AngryViking1970 what does turkey bacon taste like? I'm scared to try it lol. I don't like turkey

Uh...like bacon? LOL It doesn't taste like turkey, but it has a different texture than regular bacon for sure. It's much firmer and doesn't really get crispy. Try it!

But not really. I have decided that it's not worth the few calories I save. Life is too short!

This is the truest statement I've heard in quite some time! I feel 100% the same way. I'll save calories somewhere else. When I want bacon, I want BACON!
    I'll second that! I use this mentality with butter vs. margarine, cream vs. creamer, and whipped cream vs. cool whip. I would rather have the real stuff than the "fake".

My husband makes the BEST homemade whipped cream I've EVER tasted. He refuses to buy Cool Whip. And I can't even remember the last time I bought margarine. It's nothing but the real stuff in our house. All except for the stupid turkey bacon. I just keep reminding myself, "I love this man. I love this man. I love this man." :smiley:

• lydiakitten
    lydiakitten Posts: 132 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Confession - on weeks when I work out regularly and hard and see a rather embarrassing increase in libido, and I dare not google that to see if it's a common thing. (I am guessing it could be linked to upped testosterone levels? In women high testosterone is known to... up...... erm........ desire.)

I hope you have a happy someone to release that desire on! That's awesome!!!

Thanks. He is currently very inconveniently away for academic reasons and will return in 3-4 months.

He is in for a surprise, poor man. I will goddamn pounce on him. Then will shrug and blame the barbells.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    I walked the treadmill at lunch to add calories so I could eat my Arbuckle Mountain Fried Pies cherry pie for dessert tonight. I do not regret this decision.

http://arbucklemountainpies.com/

Do you live near Jungle Jim's?!

@LauraHasABabyJack considering I have no idea what that is, I'll have to say no.

• fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    I recently discovered chocolate coated popcorn. This is not good news.

Chocolate covered jujubes

! -- (wait, *what*?!!!)

This... is such a foreign 'concept'...and in reading of its existence, feels as though I've just learned that some previously-understood, unwritten 'rule', about something 'fundamental' in the universe, has just been discovered to be false... (guess what? -- it turns out you *can* divide by zero!... <--- you might as well have just 'announced' *that*, the utter shockwave-inducing consequence of finding out that jujubes have now had a 'hey, you got jujubes in my chocolate!', Reese's-like 'big bang' moment, was *that* stunning (and summarily shattered my previous understanding of what would constitute viable 'chocolate-coverable, candy concoction compatibility complexes (jujubes and chocolate...?...! -- it's almost 'sci-fi' -like, it's so 'otherworldly'...! :) ))...

ythannah, I'm a fan of chocolate, and have historically been a fan of jujubes... but I'm gonna 'need a moment' to let this one sink in... ;)

There was entirely too much bacon in this thread, IMHO. It needed another injection of chocolate.

It's funny you mention that, because something I thought, but somehow refrained from conveying (perhaps I received a telepathic signal from you? :P ), was that the only way to make those chocolate covered jujubes any better would be to wrap them in bacon...! (I'm not kidding -- that actually crossed my mind... :) )

(An associated reality, however, would be the likely subsequent need to freaking toothpick-ize them, and *that's* not gonna happen (unless they're served as appetizers at some party for which the attendees are prepared to 'expect the unexpected' (though it still might warrant having them sign liability waivers, what with the pending shock being of such non-trivial 'magnitude' ;) ))...

I read your posts, but I don't have time to reply to everything. Although I'm wondering why 2 of your posts on an earlier page were flagged??? Any idea why?

I read the posts and why all the (( )) ) ( ()) (() )() ( )) () () () )( )( ((( ))) )) ) (( ( )) )( ()( )( ) ()() ()() just sayin.

^This.

1) For those curious...the new raspberry cheesecake donut squares at Dunkin are super gross. Completely not worth buying and eating. I'm mad I did it.

2) A hilarious amount of people have been getting on my nerves this week and my to-do list is so far behind I've decided Saturday I'm going to lock myself in my house and dance around in my underoos and clean. But knowing me, I'll end up at Target by 3.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options

It is. I don't see nearly as much mention of it here as on reddit, but reddit isn't moderated for that sort of thing, either.
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    tiona83 wrote: »
    mziegler01 wrote: »
    I confess that I changed my calorie goal a couple of days ago from losing 2lbs per week to losing 1lb per week and I feel so much better! Those extra like 400 calories to play around with make me feel full and I'm less likely to go over my goal. Plus most days I stay within my 2lb goal anyways, but now I never see red and that feels awesome.

I also confess that I feel awful about my life right now in almost every aspect except my relationship with my husband and my weight loss...and I'm all right with that. Everyone around me also seems to have their life falling apart on a regular basis and I'm super thankful to have my support rock always there for me. Reading this thread and the silly little posts from my friends on here and seeing their accomplishments every day makes me so much more cheery than going on facebook ever does. <3

I hate the red numbers. I have my calorie goal set to "maintain". I figure if I'm under that every day, I'll lose. Maybe it won't be as fast, but I won't get frustrated as easily sigh those red numbers.

Yeah why don't they have orange numbers to allow us to know to "yield" our eating. Big fat read is so depressing even if it's only a red 3.

I actually really wish you could set a green zone and have it be red on either side or something like that.

Back when I started MFP gave me the typical 1200, and the first thing I did was change it to 1250 so that I wouldn't be told I was wrong no matter what (since at the time you got the warning message at 1199, but 1201 would give me the big red line).

That's one of the features I miss about SP. You don't have a hard limit number, but a range. Nothing earth shattering happens on the diary page if you go above or below, but you get a little normal font and color lecture on your daily report for each category you were over or under.
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    @ladybuggnorris - I really love your new avatar... it makes me want a cookie every time I see it!
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    4 pages later I am caught up to this point.

Confession: I too do not wash my work out clothes after every work out. :/
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    annette_15 wrote: »
    Sometimes I feel like all my posts are invisible, cause no one ever replies to them :/

annette-15, if it makes you feel any better, my (playfully silly) posts are seemingly not only invisible, but likely largely unread (though I understand that)... if your posts are relatively short (as in, nowhere near the length of mine), they'll definitely be read (and are)... worry not... your posts are not invisible, and are definitely being read... mine, on the other hand, would seem to be trapped within some sort of 'cloaking device', such that their presence, just off the starboard 'side' of the thread, is known only by occasional passersby, who all but 'bump into' them (and once 'seeing' any given one, are not averse to reading its length)... yes, my posts would seem to be more like tumbleweed making its way down the empty 'main street' of a 'ghost town'... on a windy day... with a tornado 'fast closing in'... though possibly 'drifting' to another 'town' anyway, all on their own... (c'est la vie...)

Edited to Add: my long posts are kinda like that Mindy Kaling commercial, where she ultimately comes to think she's invisible, and that no one can see her... and my ever receiving a reply is like the end of the commercial, where she's surprised(/startled) to find that someone sees her... ;)

Thanks.. I'll admit to skipping ur posts a lot. Maybe its ur way of writing, but as a non native english speaker (not that this should be an excuse, cause my english is perfectly fine), I just have a hard time reading ur posts. You know how some books are just harder to read than others? Yeah..idk why, sorry, I'll try to make more of an effort from now on :kissing_heart:

I confess that I also skip your posts, since they are always soooo long and I only have so much time to waste at work. I, however, have nothing against you...just long posts.

While on the subject, there is one person (I will never tell) on this thread that I despise!

It's probably me - b/c I am not a Rider fan... :p but I think we agree on a lot of other stuff!
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    I confess I don't log Ketchup. For no particular reason I just won't log it.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    vmlabute wrote: »
    I wear the same jeans over and over until they get dirty...then I have to wash them

I can't imagine. After one or two wears, my jeans are too loose to wear. I wash every piece of clothing, every time I wear it unless I only wore it for a couple of hours. Workout gear, I wash every time. I do re-use my towels, though.

This has become my issue right now. I used to go a week or so wearing the same jeans.
  • plasticineporters
    plasticineporters Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I went to pizza hut last week and ate a full margharita pizza to myself, no breaks. As well as pasta as a side.
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    jlnoble513 wrote: »
    @AngryViking1970 what does turkey bacon taste like? I'm scared to try it lol. I don't like turkey

Uh...like bacon? LOL It doesn't taste like turkey, but it has a different texture than regular bacon for sure. It's much firmer and doesn't really get crispy. Try it!

But not really. I have decided that it's not worth the few calories I save. Life is too short!

This is the truest statement I've heard in quite some time! I feel 100% the same way. I'll save calories somewhere else. When I want bacon, I want BACON!
    I'll second that! I use this mentality with butter vs. margarine, cream vs. creamer, and whipped cream vs. cool whip. I would rather have the real stuff than the "fake".

My husband makes the BEST homemade whipped cream I've EVER tasted. He refuses to buy Cool Whip. And I can't even remember the last time I bought margarine. It's nothing but the real stuff in our house.

But does he *churn* the butter -- ? ;) Because if he's willing to *make* homemade whipped cream, and refuses to buy/stomach/condone margarine, then the *least* he could do is *make* 'homemade' butter... (if not, he's simply not 'on board' with homemade, or 'keepin' it real', and has from this day forth relinquished his right to listen to the theme song of RealStuff-idians the world over... ("ain't nothin' but the real thing, baby... ain't nothin' but the reeeeal thing..." (with apologies to Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell ;) )))...

Oh, wait... I just checked details of the relevant "Behind The Song" specifics, at americansongwriter.com, and (what are the odds?!)... as it turns out, that 1960s classic that I just began (type-)'singing', mere moments ago, was actually inspired by a woman whose husband made homemade whipped cream (!), and who steadfastly defended their right to eat real butter -- though (and this is the kicker) no mention is made of said husband actually *churning* the butter... and thus... I think we can let your husband off the hook...

;)

P.S. Not long ago, I race-read caught up on the thread... and while there are several posts I want to reply to, I felt compelled to quickly address the almighty Non-Churned Butter Conspiracy (a MoHousdon-ian gem... ;) ), what with its being such a pressing(/churning) matter of importance... ;P
  • lyrical_melody
    lyrical_melody Posts: 242 Member
    Options

It's comforting to know that other people eat the whole bag, box, or package of something sometimes. It's like you can't help it. You buy it with the intention of eating the serving size, but cravings take over, and it's gone.

This is really good to know that I am not alone in this. I will eat entire bags of things if they are in my house. I can not have chips, sweets, or anything of that sort in my house or I will eat it all.

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I feel like all my posts are invisible, cause no one ever replies to them :/

annette-15, if it makes you feel any better, my (playfully silly) posts are seemingly not only invisible, but likely largely unread (though I understand that)... if your posts are relatively short (as in, nowhere near the length of mine), they'll definitely be read (and are)... worry not... your posts are not invisible, and are definitely being read... mine, on the other hand, would seem to be trapped within some sort of 'cloaking device', such that their presence, just off the starboard 'side' of the thread, is known only by occasional passersby, who all but 'bump into' them (and once 'seeing' any given one, are not averse to reading its length)... yes, my posts would seem to be more like tumbleweed making its way down the empty 'main street' of a 'ghost town'... on a windy day... with a tornado 'fast closing in'... though possibly 'drifting' to another 'town' anyway, all on their own... (c'est la vie...)

Edited to Add: my long posts are kinda like that Mindy Kaling commercial, where she ultimately comes to think she's invisible, and that no one can see her... and my ever receiving a reply is like the end of the commercial, where she's surprised(/startled) to find that someone sees her... ;)

Thanks.. I'll admit to skipping ur posts a lot. Maybe its ur way of writing, but as a non native english speaker (not that this should be an excuse, cause my english is perfectly fine), I just have a hard time reading ur posts. You know how some books are just harder to read than others? Yeah..idk why, sorry, I'll try to make more of an effort from now on :kissing_heart:

I confess that I also skip your posts, since they are always soooo long and I only have so much time to waste at work. I, however, have nothing against you...just long posts.

While on the subject, there is one person (I will never tell) on this thread that I despise!

Ladybug you can't confess something like that! Haha now everyone will be secretly wondering if it's him/her you're speaking about!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    vmlabute wrote: »
    I wear the same jeans over and over until they get dirty...then I have to wash them

I can't imagine. After one or two wears, my jeans are too loose to wear. I wash every piece of clothing, every time I wear it unless I only wore it for a couple of hours. Workout gear, I wash every time. I do re-use my towels, though.

This has become my issue right now. I used to go a week or so wearing the same jeans.

I've always wished I could re-wear the same jeans but I can't stand the wrinkles behind the knees and at the thighs that jeans get frome when you wear them. I'm a wash after every time I wear kind of gal :)
  • pmsing
    pmsing Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I follow a LCHF lifestyle....when I mentally crave something sweet I can easily so a can of heavy whipped cream. :/
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    I walked the treadmill at lunch to add calories so I could eat my Arbuckle Mountain Fried Pies cherry pie for dessert tonight. I do not regret this decision.

http://arbucklemountainpies.com/

You did NOT just link that! I didn't need a visual. *drool

Were you drooling at the cowboy in the background or the little fruit filled wontons?

The food, of course! I'm not a cowboy type. I'm a Dwayne "The Rock' Johnson type. :p

Where is the "Like" button when I need it?!