Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    !!!777th Post!!!

Yeah I'm not going to say who I like or don't like, this is a judgement free area, THIS IS THE PLANET FITNESS OF FORUM DISCUSSION, I don't want anyone to feel like they can't say something because me of all people don't approve of them, especially you, you know who you are ::glare::

Someone accused me of belonging to Planet Fitness on a thread about gym etiquette. I'm still slightly miffed about that. My gym costs MANY times more per month than a Planet Fitness. I am fancy, dammit!

Um...why would anybody care if you approve?

This made me laugh loud enough to attract coworker looks.

I am NOT fancy and totally belong to the Judgment Free Zone.

ETA: Space bars are a thing.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    2bce8b24cf6aea96c16e5d6bf8cdd4f4_zpsxkbd7udu.jpg
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I walked the treadmill at lunch to add calories so I could eat my Arbuckle Mountain Fried Pies cherry pie for dessert tonight. I do not regret this decision.

http://arbucklemountainpies.com/

You did NOT just link that! I didn't need a visual. *drool

Were you drooling at the cowboy in the background or the little fruit filled wontons?

The food, of course! I'm not a cowboy type. I'm a Dwayne "The Rock' Johnson type. :p

It is possible to be both ya'know! I am attracted to several types of people.
  • RossiAuckloo
    Options
    Why do you put a trash bag under your clothing?
  • Momakanga
    Momakanga Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Confession- I am addicted to this thread!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    I've finished reading this entire post and wondering which confession I should start with ;)

Ever since I was 10 or 11 I've been a binge eater. I remember babysitting and being in heaven because of the food the people kept for their kids. I would eat an entire package of dunkaroos, a box of pudding cups, a box of fruit snacks. I'd bury the evidence in the garbage can. Sometimes, even now, when I've overate, I find myself burying things in the garbage can due to shame and embarrassment.

I still hold a lot of anger towards a local personal trainer who wouldn't listen to me during my very first training session. She kept yelling at me to go faster and go harder even though I was a bit dizzy and out of breath. She just kept saying i was fine. Five minutes later I blacked out and ended up on the gym floor. She blamed it on my nutrition and nothing to do with her training. I haven't been able to step foot in the gym (only one in town)since even though I bought a 10 punch pass. Just the thought of going makes me anxious.

Don't stress about that trainer! Take care of yourself and do what you need to do. Everyone has their limits and you can find yours without being made to blackout on the gym floor.
  • lydiakitten
    lydiakitten Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Confession - on weeks when I work out regularly and hard and see a rather embarrassing increase in libido, and I dare not google that to see if it's a common thing. (I am guessing it could be linked to upped testosterone levels? In women high testosterone is known to... up...... erm........ desire.)
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    annette_15 wrote: »
    Sometimes I feel like all my posts are invisible, cause no one ever replies to them :/

annette-15, if it makes you feel any better, my (playfully silly) posts are seemingly not only invisible, but likely largely unread (though I understand that)... if your posts are relatively short (as in, nowhere near the length of mine), they'll definitely be read (and are)... worry not... your posts are not invisible, and are definitely being read... mine, on the other hand, would seem to be trapped within some sort of 'cloaking device', such that their presence, just off the starboard 'side' of the thread, is known only by occasional passersby, who all but 'bump into' them (and once 'seeing' any given one, are not averse to reading its length)... yes, my posts would seem to be more like tumbleweed making its way down the empty 'main street' of a 'ghost town'... on a windy day... with a tornado 'fast closing in'... though possibly 'drifting' to another 'town' anyway, all on their own... (c'est la vie...)

Edited to Add: my long posts are kinda like that Mindy Kaling commercial, where she ultimately comes to think she's invisible, and that no one can see her... and my ever receiving a reply is like the end of the commercial, where she's surprised(/startled) to find that someone sees her... ;)

Thanks.. I'll admit to skipping ur posts a lot. Maybe its ur way of writing, but as a non native english speaker (not that this should be an excuse, cause my english is perfectly fine), I just have a hard time reading ur posts. You know how some books are just harder to read than others? Yeah..idk why, sorry, I'll try to make more of an effort from now on :kissing_heart:
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Sometimes I feel like all my posts are invisible, cause no one ever replies to them :/

It's a fast moving thread--just keep chatting!

Lol I'm well aware, I've read every single post in this thread, I'm always caught up :smiley:

Throw something super juicy and gossipy up!

I won $2mill in a poker tournament in 07 (tho I only ended up with a profit of $500k). Being 19 at the time I was verrrry reckless with money thinking I would be able to do this again and again. Turns out its not that easy and I wasted SOOO much money in the next couple of years, just being young and naive. Now I look back at that time and regret so much of what I did and wish I woulda known then what I know now. Oh well...live and learn eh? lol

I was also thrown into the spotlight because of this win, and really had to learn to grow up and dealing with people judging me and talking about me on forums etc. It was very hard on me, and I'll never forget some of the negative things ppl said about my looks. This is one of the reasons I finally decided to lose weight, to make ppl shut up.

I've heard of you... huge poker fan here.

Haha thanks :blush:

• lesliewalker108
    lesliewalker108 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have been on fitness pal over a month and I am addicted to the point where sometimes (only about 4 times so far) if I am busy i skip breakfast and only eat two meals a day figuring I would reach my goal quicker. But quess what it doesnt work
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    I recently discovered chocolate coated popcorn. This is not good news.

Chocolate covered jujubes

! -- (wait, *what*?!!!)

This... is such a foreign 'concept'...and in reading of its existence, feels as though I've just learned that some previously-understood, unwritten 'rule', about something 'fundamental' in the universe, has just been discovered to be false... (guess what? -- it turns out you *can* divide by zero!... <--- you might as well have just 'announced' *that*, the utter shockwave-inducing consequence of finding out that jujubes have now had a 'hey, you got jujubes in my chocolate!', Reese's-like 'big bang' moment, was *that* stunning (and summarily shattered my previous understanding of what would constitute viable 'chocolate-coverable, candy concoction compatibility complexes (jujubes and chocolate...?...! -- it's almost 'sci-fi' -like, it's so 'otherworldly'...! :) ))...

ythannah, I'm a fan of chocolate, and have historically been a fan of jujubes... but I'm gonna 'need a moment' to let this one sink in... ;)

There was entirely too much bacon in this thread, IMHO. It needed another injection of chocolate.

It's funny you mention that, because something I thought, but somehow refrained from conveying (perhaps I received a telepathic signal from you? :P ), was that the only way to make those chocolate covered jujubes any better would be to wrap them in bacon...! (I'm not kidding -- that actually crossed my mind... :) )

(An associated reality, however, would be the likely subsequent need to freaking toothpick-ize them, and *that's* not gonna happen (unless they're served as appetizers at some party for which the attendees are prepared to 'expect the unexpected' (though it still might warrant having them sign liability waivers, what with the pending shock being of such non-trivial 'magnitude' ;) ))...

I read your posts, but I don't have time to reply to everything. Although I'm wondering why 2 of your posts on an earlier page were flagged??? Any idea why?

I read the posts and why all the (( )) ) ( ()) (() )() ( )) () () () )( )( ((( ))) )) ) (( ( )) )( ()( )( ) ()() ()() just sayin.

Laughed out loud (again) today! You guys are on a (roll).....!
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    vmlabute wrote: »
    I wear the same jeans over and over until they get dirty...then I have to wash them

I can't imagine. After one or two wears, my jeans are too loose to wear. I wash every piece of clothing, every time I wear it unless I only wore it for a couple of hours. Workout gear, I wash every time. I do re-use my towels, though.
  • tiona83
    tiona83 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    mziegler01 wrote: »
    I confess that I changed my calorie goal a couple of days ago from losing 2lbs per week to losing 1lb per week and I feel so much better! Those extra like 400 calories to play around with make me feel full and I'm less likely to go over my goal. Plus most days I stay within my 2lb goal anyways, but now I never see red and that feels awesome.

I also confess that I feel awful about my life right now in almost every aspect except my relationship with my husband and my weight loss...and I'm all right with that. Everyone around me also seems to have their life falling apart on a regular basis and I'm super thankful to have my support rock always there for me. Reading this thread and the silly little posts from my friends on here and seeing their accomplishments every day makes me so much more cheery than going on facebook ever does. <3

I hate the red numbers. I have my calorie goal set to "maintain". I figure if I'm under that every day, I'll lose. Maybe it won't be as fast, but I won't get frustrated as easily sigh those red numbers.

Yeah why don't they have orange numbers to allow us to know to "yield" our eating. Big fat read is so depressing even if it's only a red 3.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    I recently discovered chocolate coated popcorn. This is not good news.

Chocolate covered jujubes

! -- (wait, *what*?!!!)

This... is such a foreign 'concept'...and in reading of its existence, feels as though I've just learned that some previously-understood, unwritten 'rule', about something 'fundamental' in the universe, has just been discovered to be false... (guess what? -- it turns out you *can* divide by zero!... <--- you might as well have just 'announced' *that*, the utter shockwave-inducing consequence of finding out that jujubes have now had a 'hey, you got jujubes in my chocolate!', Reese's-like 'big bang' moment, was *that* stunning (and summarily shattered my previous understanding of what would constitute viable 'chocolate-coverable, candy concoction compatibility complexes (jujubes and chocolate...?...! -- it's almost 'sci-fi' -like, it's so 'otherworldly'...! :) ))...

ythannah, I'm a fan of chocolate, and have historically been a fan of jujubes... but I'm gonna 'need a moment' to let this one sink in... ;)

There was entirely too much bacon in this thread, IMHO. It needed another injection of chocolate.

It's funny you mention that, because something I thought, but somehow refrained from conveying (perhaps I received a telepathic signal from you? :P ), was that the only way to make those chocolate covered jujubes any better would be to wrap them in bacon...! (I'm not kidding -- that actually crossed my mind... :) )

(An associated reality, however, would be the likely subsequent need to freaking toothpick-ize them, and *that's* not gonna happen (unless they're served as appetizers at some party for which the attendees are prepared to 'expect the unexpected' (though it still might warrant having them sign liability waivers, what with the pending shock being of such non-trivial 'magnitude' ;) ))...

I'm wondering why 2 of your posts on an earlier page were flagged??? Any idea why?

I had no idea that any of my posts had been flagged... how 'nice'...

If I had to hazard a guess, it would seem that the length 'bothered' someone (though that doesn't constitute grounds for flagging)...

I just checked details associated with my notifications... 2 posts were flagged (and presumably by the same person) as being "Spam" (which they perhaps consider anything beyond a certain length to 'be' (so much for embracing the "absolutely no judgment" aspect of the thread))...

(Thank you for the heads up... and Thank you for reading my posts...)

I read them, too. Mostly.

Also, Mindy is my favorite. :)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

It's a fast moving thread--just keep chatting!

Lol I'm well aware, I've read every single post in this thread, I'm always caught up :smiley:

Throw something super juicy and gossipy up!

I won $2mill in a poker tournament in 07 (tho I only ended up with a profit of $500k). Being 19 at the time I was verrrry reckless with money thinking I would be able to do this again and again. Turns out its not that easy and I wasted SOOO much money in the next couple of years, just being young and naive. Now I look back at that time and regret so much of what I did and wish I woulda known then what I know now. Oh well...live and learn eh? lol

I was also thrown into the spotlight because of this win, and really had to learn to grow up and dealing with people judging me and talking about me on forums etc. It was very hard on me, and I'll never forget some of the negative things ppl said about my looks. This is one of the reasons I finally decided to lose weight, to make ppl shut up.

I've heard of you... huge poker fan here.

Haha thanks :blush:

I would love to earn one of those wrist adornments you have!
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options

annette-15, if it makes you feel any better, my (playfully silly) posts are seemingly not only invisible, but likely largely unread (though I understand that)... if your posts are relatively short (as in, nowhere near the length of mine), they'll definitely be read (and are)... worry not... your posts are not invisible, and are definitely being read... mine, on the other hand, would seem to be trapped within some sort of 'cloaking device', such that their presence, just off the starboard 'side' of the thread, is known only by occasional passersby, who all but 'bump into' them (and once 'seeing' any given one, are not averse to reading its length)... yes, my posts would seem to be more like tumbleweed making its way down the empty 'main street' of a 'ghost town'... on a windy day... with a tornado 'fast closing in'... though possibly 'drifting' to another 'town' anyway, all on their own... (c'est la vie...)

Edited to Add: my long posts are kinda like that Mindy Kaling commercial, where she ultimately comes to think she's invisible, and that no one can see her... and my ever receiving a reply is like the end of the commercial, where she's surprised(/startled) to find that someone sees her... ;)

Thanks.. I'll admit to skipping ur posts a lot. Maybe its ur way of writing, but as a non native english speaker (not that this should be an excuse, cause my english is perfectly fine), I just have a hard time reading ur posts. You know how some books are just harder to read than others? Yeah..idk why, sorry, I'll try to make more of an effort from now on :kissing_heart:

I confess that I also skip your posts, since they are always soooo long and I only have so much time to waste at work. I, however, have nothing against you...just long posts.

While on the subject, there is one person (I will never tell) on this thread that I despise!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    vmlabute wrote: »
    I wear the same jeans over and over until they get dirty...then I have to wash them

I can't imagine. After one or two wears, my jeans are too loose to wear. I wash every piece of clothing, every time I wear it unless I only wore it for a couple of hours. Workout gear, I wash every time. I do re-use my towels, though.

I don't wash every item every time I wear it, but I do hate to put on already-worn, saggy jeans! Mainly, I wish they'd make jeans like they used to: REAL jean material and very little or no lycra. I just wash all my jeans on the "quick" cycle in cold water and then hang or lay flat to dry. I think it's the heat that wears them down and washes out the color.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    tiona83 wrote: »
    mziegler01 wrote: »
    I confess that I changed my calorie goal a couple of days ago from losing 2lbs per week to losing 1lb per week and I feel so much better! Those extra like 400 calories to play around with make me feel full and I'm less likely to go over my goal. Plus most days I stay within my 2lb goal anyways, but now I never see red and that feels awesome.

I also confess that I feel awful about my life right now in almost every aspect except my relationship with my husband and my weight loss...and I'm all right with that. Everyone around me also seems to have their life falling apart on a regular basis and I'm super thankful to have my support rock always there for me. Reading this thread and the silly little posts from my friends on here and seeing their accomplishments every day makes me so much more cheery than going on facebook ever does. <3

I hate the red numbers. I have my calorie goal set to "maintain". I figure if I'm under that every day, I'll lose. Maybe it won't be as fast, but I won't get frustrated as easily sigh those red numbers.

Yeah why don't they have orange numbers to allow us to know to "yield" our eating. Big fat read is so depressing even if it's only a red 3.

I actually really wish you could set a green zone and have it be red on either side or something like that.

Back when I started MFP gave me the typical 1200, and the first thing I did was change it to 1250 so that I wouldn't be told I was wrong no matter what (since at the time you got the warning message at 1199, but 1201 would give me the big red line).
  • enriquezmar
    enriquezmar Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    funjen1972 wrote: »
    I wear the same stinky workout clothes for several days without washing. Ewww gross, I know. Always change my socks though lol

.....ejem...I do the same thing. Oh the shame!. LOL