Options

Replies

• leximarie3
    leximarie3 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    palwithme wrote: »
    leximarie3 wrote: »
    Being told "you need to eat a cheeseburger"
    -no, I don't. I will have a lean burger loaded with veggies though ;)
    Being told "you don't need to work out"
    -yes I do, it feels good!
    Being told "you're too skinny"
    -have you seen my abs?!! How about my arms or legs? I'm strong and fit! Haha
    Being told "You look AMAZING!!!"
    -well, THANK YOU :p

Add...

Being told...I wish I could do that and saying Yes you can!

Great addition!
  • kristenlarkin
    kristenlarkin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    How annoying it actually is to go down a few sizes. I hate buying boring work clothes, but now my work clothes are huge on me. I'm wearing a belt or the pants fall right off. I'm trying to make them last as long as possible so I don't waste a bunch of money. I have one pair in the correct size.

The other thing is that I've been in plus size for a few years now, which pretty much sucks, but I finally discovered a Torrid store. Unfortunately, I'm already down to a 1x there, but I'm afraid there's going to be a huge gap between their size 1X and Hot Topics XL where I'm going to be stuck in boring clothes again. The Hot Topic XL looks quite a bit smaller than the Torrid 0X.

The other thing is that I HATE wasting money. I know that for my own psychological well-being I should get rid of the things that no longer fit instead of holding onto them in the event I grow back into them. But, it really bothers me. It shouldn't, but it does. I thought I would feel happier about it. Kinda odd..

Some people go to good will or thrift stores to keep costs down. I am lucky because my mom gave me all her old clothes that you lost too much weight for
  • keme2016
    keme2016 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I needed this thread today. :)
    I needed this thread today. :)

• Shandrith
    Shandrith Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    How annoying it actually is to go down a few sizes. I hate buying boring work clothes, but now my work clothes are huge on me. I'm wearing a belt or the pants fall right off. I'm trying to make them last as long as possible so I don't waste a bunch of money. I have one pair in the correct size.

The other thing is that I've been in plus size for a few years now, which pretty much sucks, but I finally discovered a Torrid store. Unfortunately, I'm already down to a 1x there, but I'm afraid there's going to be a huge gap between their size 1X and Hot Topics XL where I'm going to be stuck in boring clothes again. The Hot Topic XL looks quite a bit smaller than the Torrid 0X.

The other thing is that I HATE wasting money. I know that for my own psychological well-being I should get rid of the things that no longer fit instead of holding onto them in the event I grow back into them. But, it really bothers me. It shouldn't, but it does. I thought I would feel happier about it. Kinda odd..

For your old clothes, since you don't want to just grt rid of them, have you considered selling them? Assuming they're in good shape you could probably find some hirl out there that would be thrilled to have a chance to buy some cute clothes on the cheap (I'm with you on Torrid being way cuter stuff than most plus size clothes)
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    wearing a dress and not having to worry about your inner thighs rubbing together and stinging like hell!!! Summer is so much more enjoyable without the extra weight making you extra hot

This almost made me cry. I remember how I used to get back from school and treating my sore thighs because the friction made my skin bleed. Although my thighs are still huge, the pain is gone and the skin itself is turning into the same colour as the rest of my body. I cannot wait to reach goal weight.

Feel yah. I wore spandex shorts under all my dresses to stop the thigh rub.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    socalkay wrote: »
    2ledbetter wrote: »
    I'm helping with a remodel and there's no heat inside. I am also suffering from the extra cold syndrome so wear 2 pairs of pants, undershirt/long sleeve shirt/2 jackets. But amazing thing is don't feel like stuffed s

I have flannel-lined jeans for camping. They are great!

Guide Gear® Womens Flannel-lined Jeans

wow, I didn't know these existed! so awesome!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Im sure its written loads of times, but boy you really feel the cold.

On a good note you start looking at your body more and ive noticed things like hips, muscles, cheekbones. Intersting to see bits of your body come into biew that I cnat remember seeing for years, but have been hiding....
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!