Bread??

Options

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    The question was whether eating bread and fun foods and keeping it within my calorie goals would slow down my weight loss. That was the only question.

The question was whether you were correct to tell OP that bread stalls weight loss.

Your poor reading comprehension has taken yet another thread off track.

Bread does not stall weight loss. Gorging yourself on high sodium fried foods, pie, and crackers spread with ketchup may well result in temporary water retention, even if eaten within calorie goals. I, along with others, pointed this out yesterday.

This has nothing to do with bread.
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    The question was whether eating bread and fun foods and keeping it within my calorie goals would slow down my weight loss. That was the only question. The answer was not only yes, it slows mine down (not yours M2M, not Jellys, not Maids, not Runners, just mine), but I gained weight.

Twist it all you want. I could do this for another day, having some pastry for breakfast, a hamburger for lunch with some veggies, maybe some chips for snack, and some ice cream with my dinner, and keep it all within my calorie goals. But I don't need to prove to you people what I know these foods do to me.

So back to work eating the right foods. But yesterday was a fun experiment.

Are you seriously as dense as this thread makes you out to be? You think that eating 2,700+ calories yesterday and 5,000+ grams of sodium proves your point? Seriously? Do you not understand what water retention is? Do you understand that one day of eating does not a trend make?

You know, I could do a "study" as well where I ate 2,000 calories of chicken and vegetables covered in 5,000+ grams of salt and, guess what, I would see a weight gain the next day. By your logic, I could then claim that chicken and vegetables cause a slow down in weight loss.
  • donjtomasco
    donjtomasco Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I knew that the results from my little eating experiment would upset particularly you jelly. You said my weight would not be affected the next day, I said it would, and it was. Not even close. Now you are changing what you are saying, which is what you do.
  • 3bambi3
    Options
    I knew that the results from my little eating experiment would upset particularly you jelly. You said my weight would not be affected the next day, I said it would, and it was. Not even close. Now you are changing what you are saying, which is what you do.

Tell me, do you think you would have had the same results from your "experiment" if you were to eat one piece of bread yesterday instead of a carb-bonanza? Or do you just think that everyone who says that eating bread won't stall your weight loss eats like you did yesterday all day, every day?
  • donjtomasco
    Options
    Bambi, you entered late and it is not in proper context for you. You are using logic like I was which does not work with some posters here. I was asked to prove a very simple point which I did yesterday.
  • donjtomasco
    Options
    And yes my body is feeling quite s bit denser.
  • janejellyroll
    Options

I said that you would probably see a temporary weight increase, probably due to water retention caused by the sodium in your food. I'm not upset beyond a vague distress that people with your level of competence in science and logic are regularly participating in our democratic process.
  • janejellyroll
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Bambi, you entered late and it is not in proper context for you. You are using logic like I was which does not work with some posters here. I was asked to prove a very simple point which I did yesterday.

She has exactly the right context. You said that bread stalled weight loss and then you gorged yourself on sodium to "prove" what you said about bread. By the way, nobody ever asked you to prove anything.

You took it on yourself to eat all that food even after I pointed out that a "study" cannot be done with a single participant.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Bambi can enter whenever she likes. You don't like it because she thinks you're wrong, too. You're not just a little wrong, you're epic levels of crazy wrong. You gained water weight. If you lost real weight in the past week, that meal did not wipe it out, it's just being masked by water weight. They're two different things and it doesn't matter how much you ignore that fact. Facts don't cease being facts just because you don't believe them.
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    And yes my body is feeling quite s bit denser.

Mmm, I think we can agree on your level of density.
  • donjtomasco
    Options
    And name calling is the next level that people go to, and you are doing a good job of name calling. It just shows that you can't be open to other people being correct about something.

And you think I would do this experiment for you? Wow, narcissistic to the hilt. No, I have kept reading posters and comments about what I thought to be true with me regarding bread and startches, and elected to prove to myself myself yesterday whether I was being sucked into a different line of thinking in some of these forums.

I merely proved what happens to my body when I add bread and starches and fried foods. Not to your body, to mine.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    i love bread, and my sensory issues kid eats between 4 and 8 slices a day. bread is the staff of life, yo.
  • bunsen_honeydew
    bunsen_honeydew Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Eat better quality bread. Bread is tasty. Don't waste your calories on the cheap fluffy white rubbish.
  • Cardio4Cupcakes
    Cardio4Cupcakes Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    What is this even about, I thought we were all just having happy bread thoughts.
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    And name calling is the next level that people go to, and you are doing a good job of name calling. It just shows that you can't be open to other people being correct about something.

And you think I would do this experiment for you? Wow, narcissistic to the hilt. No, I have kept reading posters and comments about what I thought to be true with me regarding bread and startches, and elected to prove to myself myself yesterday whether I was being sucked into a different line of thinking in some of these forums.

I merely proved what happens to my body when I add bread and starches and fried foods. Not to your body, to mine.

I'm very open to other people being correct. As soon as you are correct about something, I will acknowledge it. I didn't say you ate that food for me -- please try to respond to what I actually write instead of what you imagine that I wrote. You said you were asked to prove a point -- I was simply saying that nobody asked you to run a poorly designed experiment on yourself.

What you actually established is what happens when you gorge yourself on foods with a high sodium level. @maidentl and I both predicted, yesterday, that you would see a temporary water weight gain today.
  • 3bambi3
    Options

Entering late doesn't mean I am unable to read previous posts, and I did. Pretty sure I understand what's going on in this thread.

On one front though, you and I are in total agreement: logic doesn't work with some posters here. I am quite sure, however, that we aren't thinking of the same posters...
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,861 Member
    Options
    Eat better quality bread. Bread is tasty. Don't waste your calories on the cheap fluffy white rubbish.

Yes! And nevermind the cheap fluffy white rubbish, we were eating cheap bland wholemeal bread ... so boring. Plus it would suddenly go moldy when we were halfway through a loaf.

A little over a year ago, we decided to try some better quality bread, and what a difference!!

I'm looking forward to toast for breakfast tomorrow. :)

• maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    If you think it's true for you, that's cool, just stop telling other people junk like this:
    I think bread slows down the speed of weight loss, but once you absorb that blip in weight loss time, you will get back to a normal time of losing weight. Conversely, if you drop the bread you might see a larger amount of weight come off. Especially white bread.

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,861 Member
    Options
    What is this even about, I thought we were all just having happy bread thoughts.

Most of us are ... I think.

Bread does indeed spark happy thoughts. :)

This discussion has been closed.