Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to force myself into doing a paper and studying. I'm telling myself that if I do it, I can order one of the dresses off this site http://1861.ca/. I just discovered it recently and I have NEVER been a fan of clothes shopping, but I love their dresses!!!

Ok. I don't know which one to get, but hopefully bribing myself will help me finish this semester.

Yeah so I'm super procrastinating about work and I had to check out that site. Their line looks very similar to ModCloth (retro/vintage inspired) which features customer pics modeling the clothes so you can see what they look like on real people. You'd probably like their stuff too.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    I hate having to choose as well. I genuinely don't care when I say I don't care... and if I do have something in mind, I would rather the other person be happy with their choice then have a stupid argument over which restaurant to go to. Also, when someone forces me to choose, the conversation usually goes like this:

"Where do you want to go?"
    "I don't mind."
    "PLEASE. You pick this time!!!"
    "Er.... ok... how about... uh... that place?"
    "Really????? You want to eat THERE? I'm not in the mood for that kind of food..."

I don't understand. If I don't care where we eat, and you obviously do, then pick yourself! Don't force me to pick something you're not going to like!
  • FluffySandwich
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    I'm trying to force myself into doing a paper and studying. I'm telling myself that if I do it, I can order one of the dresses off this site http://1861.ca/. I just discovered it recently and I have NEVER been a fan of clothes shopping, but I love their dresses!!!

Ok. I don't know which one to get, but hopefully bribing myself will help me finish this semester.

Yeah so I'm super procrastinating about work and I had to check out that site. Their line looks very similar to ModCloth (retro/vintage inspired) which features customer pics modeling the clothes so you can see what they look like on real people. You'd probably like their stuff too.
    Ooh, thank you for s howing me this. They are very similar! I love the vintage look.
  • ellechim1
    ellechim1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    Jolinia wrote: »
    megsb1991 wrote: »
    I stand on the scales completely and utterly starkers. You never know, my clothing could be suppperrr heavy. I also once tried to tye my hair up to see if it made a difference....

Also, for any friends or family who are non-MFP, when they ask how much I've lost, I say 1 extra pound than I actually have lost as inner-encouragment. Then when I actualy do lose it I can say 'Boom! See you could do it! That statement is now completely true' ;)

I'm worse, I won't even have a watch on when I weigh in!

I also weigh myself naked.

Here, too, but before, not after my shower. I have very thick hair that holds about 8 oz of water, not to mention what's in my skin. Not too obsessive, huh?

Same here and I have actually cut a foot off my hair just to weigh less :o
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm finally caught up.!

Confession: I am too tired and too lazy to work out today.

Confession: I told a hard boiled egg "F--- you" and threw it in the garbage because it would not peel.

• marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I hate having to choose as well. I genuinely don't care when I say I don't care... and if I do have something in mind, I would rather the other person be happy with their choice then have a stupid argument over which restaurant to go to. Also, when someone forces me to choose, the conversation usually goes like this:

"I don't mind."
    "Really????? You want to eat THERE? I'm not in the mood for that kind of food..."

I don't understand. If I don't care where we eat, and you obviously do, then pick yourself! Don't force me to pick something you're not going to like!

Yes! That is our conversation too. It's not chivalrous when I don't really care.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »

Confession: I told a hard boiled egg "F--- you" and threw it in the garbage because it would not peel.

I feel the same way about an egg that won't peel!! I use some baking soda in the water and an ice bath immeditely after. Usually helps, but some of those d@%& things just won't peel.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »

Hilarious, thank you for that!
  • ythannah
    Options

Ooh, thank you for s howing me this. They are very similar! I love the vintage look.

Hmm you may not thank me if you end up buying more clothes!

I bought this dress a while ago for a wedding: modcloth.com/shop/dresses/bead-it-dress-in-grey
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options

"I don't mind."

Yes! That is our conversation too. It's not chivalrous when I don't really care.

I'm so glad we aren't the only ones. Sometimes we let our 7 year old decide so we don't have to argue about it.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options

I bought this dress a while ago for a wedding: modcloth.com/shop/dresses/bead-it-dress-in-grey

And, Yay! The alpaca is BACK!
  • FluffySandwich
    Options

I'm usually good about that sort of thing :P I am fearful of spending a lot of money... but I love these dresses. I wouldn't mind if you gave me some suggestions on which dress to buy. A lot of them at Boutique 1861 get sold out super fast though... :frowning:
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options

How did that dress look on? Is it more fitted or does it have 20's vibe?
    Either way, very pretty though.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options

I love this dress. I hate ordering clothes online, though. I like to try it on up front. I have a wedding over Memorial Day and should really start thinking about what I'm going to wear.
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I love so many of these dresses! Anyone know how UK or Canada sizing translates to US? I think UK is 4 more, but don't know about Canada...
  • lastchancedance89
    lastchancedance89 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

I can't believe I shared that.

I should probably do this. Peanut butter is dangerous.
  • ythannah
    Options

How did that dress look on? Is it more fitted or does it have 20's vibe?
    Either way, very pretty though.

It hangs beautifully because of the weight of the beading so it does drape in a fitted kind of way, if that makes sense. I have to avoid anything really fitted because, being tall, most dress waists end up sitting too high, at my ribcage. It has a total roaring 20s flapper vibe (which is perfect for my build).

The other benefit is being able to wear a NORMAL BRA. So many formal dresses seem to be either strapless or backless or some other bra-preventing design.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Confession: I haven't been shopping for new clothes since gaining 20 lbs. Makes me too depressed.
  • brandi9172
    brandi9172 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have super athletic looking legs, nice muscle definition/tone. too bad they're sitting on the rest of my body :/

Me too! Ugh :(

• smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    I hate the gym this time of year. It's when all the princesses come in with a full face of make up, do 10mins casual walking on the treadmill, use the lightest weights on the machines (because they don't want to get too bulky) and criticise the fat-*kitten*' such as myself for lifting heavy. Today's comment "Don't you think she should do more cardio before she does that? The muscle will be too hidden under the layers of fat, which makes what she is doing pointless." In my head I'm thinking "Walking the speed of a 90year old pensioner so your face doesn't melt is a waste of your time so why don't you F*** OFF." Obviously I didn't say this, my gym is the only one in the area with a squat rack, not getting myself banned for them. They probably won't turn up ever again...

People actually say things like this?! What a bunch of a-holes!

Yea, I don't know if the fact I had earphones in they thought I couldn't hear them. It was the only part I caught in between songs. I don't really want to know what else they said. And apart from them, I was the only other girl in the gym (it's a small gym) so I know it was about me. It sucks. They suck. The whole situation sucked.

That's ridiculous. I think I would've confronted them about it. But then again, back in my heaviest days probably not. Don't let idiots like that discourage you though. If what you're doing is working keep at it. In a few months time you'll be much improved and they will remain the same indefinitely. Walking at 2 mph on the treadmill does nothing but waste time. I don't judge anyone at the gym regardless of what kind of shape they are in if they're making an effort. But the slow treadmill walkers yeah I kinda judge that, haha. I think they do it just to be able to say they "go to the gym" like its the trendy thing to do.

I've gotten more aggressive and confrontational since losing weight. Maybe my T levels are higher, lol, I dunno. I'm not a jerk or anything but I'll stand up for myself when appropriate whereas before I would just stay quiet and be very passive.

I think this is a confidence thing. 24lbs ago I only wore jeans & flats to work. Now i'm in the nice dress pants & heals again. I feel more confident and am more willing to speak my mind and give opinions (especially toward my husband's idiot of a boss).