Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    That dress looks so good! Looked at the people who tried it on in the comments section, super helpful.

And it would probably hang in the closet for me too :( I never wear dresses... don't have the confidence, really. Hopefully I can change that. Some of them I want for my resort trip in June!
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    I'm trying to force myself into doing a paper and studying. I'm telling myself that if I do it, I can order one of the dresses off this site http://1861.ca/. I just discovered it recently and I have NEVER been a fan of clothes shopping, but I love their dresses!!!

Ok. I don't know which one to get, but hopefully bribing myself will help me finish this semester.

Yeah so I'm super procrastinating about work and I had to check out that site. Their line looks very similar to ModCloth (retro/vintage inspired) which features customer pics modeling the clothes so you can see what they look like on real people. You'd probably like their stuff too.

I've been eyeing stuff on ModCloth for a while - I want to hit my goal weight before I do but who knows when that is going to happen. I'm worried that none of it is going to fit properly as I don't fit into their sizing charts that well.

Confession: I am having my gall bladder removed next month on the 14th, I am secretly hoping that once it is out, it will kick-start my metabolism and I can start losing again b/c for months since I've been having problems w/ it, I haven't seen the losses I would have expected.

Confession 2: i know we were talking about babies yesterday and don't really mean to revisit the subject. But I really want to have one. Hubby and I were initially waiting to try until we could get out of debt. When that happened, next it was to put money into savings. Once that happened we decided to travel more. he said that we can start trying this fall but i'm skeptical b/c now he wants to open a business. I hate waiting and waiting and I know there is never a perfect time. The problem is that I see my colleagues (who happen to be a bit older than me) are getting preggers and I am somewhat jealous. I know I shouldn't be b/c my time will come but I can't help it (an now i have to wait for my gall bladder to come out anyways). I just worry I will keep waiting and waiting and then when I want it, it won't happen.

thanks for letting me vent and get that out.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I love Modcloth but I wouldn't dare spending so much without trying them first, and with my luck my cat would destroy it in a day or something anyway... so I go cheap instead.

Confession - I had gelato at lunch so I would resist buying some tonight when we go to the ice cream place for a school fundraiser but my willpower is wavering and I might end up getting some anyway... been craving a good old sundae with caramel and whipped cream in a waffle cone pretty badly. And there's no way it's fitting in my calories today.

And we decided to go to the food truck festival tomorrow so it's fair to say I will probably go over on my calories this week again (I only have 400 saved up this week, although I've been more active so with some luck my TDEE is higher now).
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    I'm actually really liking the Elinbet. http://1861.ca/collections/new/products/elinbet

Reminds me of a sexy sailor lady. It looks like it wouldn't be as nice looking on my small stature, though :( Oh how I wish I had long legs sometimes. Then I could buy that thing, get on a ship, and sail around the ocean all day.

It's adorable... just the right amount of contrast drawing attention to the details.
    I'm actually really liking the Elinbet. http://1861.ca/collections/new/products/elinbet

Reminds me of a sexy sailor lady. It looks like it wouldn't be as nice looking on my small stature, though :( Oh how I wish I had long legs sometimes. Then I could buy that thing, get on a ship, and sail around the ocean all day.

Super cute! I'm super tempted to get this one from ModCloth, although I have no particular reason to get a new dress: http://www.modcloth.com/shop/dresses/lakeside-libations-dress-in-crimson

I like that one too!
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I hate the gym this time of year. It's when all the princesses come in with a full face of make up, do 10mins casual walking on the treadmill, use the lightest weights on the machines (because they don't want to get too bulky) and criticise the fat-*kitten*' such as myself for lifting heavy. Today's comment "Don't you think she should do more cardio before she does that? The muscle will be too hidden under the layers of fat, which makes what she is doing pointless." In my head I'm thinking "Walking the speed of a 90year old pensioner so your face doesn't melt is a waste of your time so why don't you F*** OFF." Obviously I didn't say this, my gym is the only one in the area with a squat rack, not getting myself banned for them. They probably won't turn up ever again...

People actually say things like this?! What a bunch of a-holes!

Yea, I don't know if the fact I had earphones in they thought I couldn't hear them. It was the only part I caught in between songs. I don't really want to know what else they said. And apart from them, I was the only other girl in the gym (it's a small gym) so I know it was about me. It sucks. They suck. The whole situation sucked.

That's ridiculous. I think I would've confronted them about it. But then again, back in my heaviest days probably not. Don't let idiots like that discourage you though. If what you're doing is working keep at it. In a few months time you'll be much improved and they will remain the same indefinitely. Walking at 2 mph on the treadmill does nothing but waste time. I don't judge anyone at the gym regardless of what kind of shape they are in if they're making an effort. But the slow treadmill walkers yeah I kinda judge that, haha. I think they do it just to be able to say they "go to the gym" like its the trendy thing to do.

I've gotten more aggressive and confrontational since losing weight. Maybe my T levels are higher, lol, I dunno. I'm not a jerk or anything but I'll stand up for myself when appropriate whereas before I would just stay quiet and be very passive.

I think this is a confidence thing. 24lbs ago I only wore jeans & flats to work. Now i'm in the nice dress pants & heals again. I feel more confident and am more willing to speak my mind and give opinions (especially toward my husband's idiot of a boss).

^This^ I feel I would need the body to back it up. Be like "look at these guns *points to arms* you wonna mess with those?" And then turn around and be like "you jealous because you want my a*s?" You got to work for it! SQUAT LIKE YOU MEAN IT! :D
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    I think I'm too old for modcloth. I saw this: http://www.modcloth.com/shop/graphic-tees/only-ewe-sweatshirt

And realized it's the "ironic retro" version of

di_sheep.jpg

Which was the height of fashion when I was in grade school.
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I think I'm too old for modcloth. I saw this: http://www.modcloth.com/shop/graphic-tees/only-ewe-sweatshirt

di_sheep.jpg

Awwww I miss Princess Diana. She would have made an excellent queen.
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    I have super athletic looking legs, nice muscle definition/tone. too bad they're sitting on the rest of my body :/

But you have an amazing beard on top! I like a good beard. ;)
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Jolinia wrote: »
    I found myself wondering earlier if a food scale would accurately weigh my boobs. Decided not to bother since I have no clue what they 'should' weigh.

Depends on what your scales max weight is. Mine only goes up to 3lbs and I know my boobs would make it say error if I tried that. Just have your husband/boyfriend/significant other hold them up while you stand on the regular scale. That works pretty well for me.

I don't get this. If you're holding on to anything, you'll never get an accurate weight anyway, how would you expect this to work?

I had too many chocolates and snacks again. 450 calories left for dinner (maintenance goal), which would be fine if I didn't want to keep a deficit to make up for my binge of 2 days ago... I'll be very surprised if the scale isn't up this month!

Sure you will. Step 1. Get on the scale (remember your weight). Step 2. Ask partner to lift your breasts for you (granted this will not work if you've got nice perky boobs, or small boobs. Mine happen to be extra large and pretty darn saggy from having two breastfed children so my hubby can just lift them right up off my body for me) Step 3. get back on the scale. Step 4 calculate the difference between lifted and not lifted. Vola, boob weight.

No, because science. I'll just stop there.

Apparently (according to various websites), the density of breast tissue is approximately 85% of that of water, so the most accurate measurement is to get a large bowl, place it in a baking tray, fill the bowl to the very top with water, dunk your bewb in the water until it is fully submerged (thus displacing the same volume of water as your bewb comprises) then measure the amount of water displaced into the tray (1ml of water = 1 gram), then multiply the grams of water by 0.85 to get the weight of your bewb.

I really want to do this now.
  • shannonbun
    shannonbun Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    So I'm going to be eating like 2,000 calories over my goal today... Yiiiiiikes. Birthday cake is not low-cal.
  • ethim
    ethim Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    @ythannah I want to ruffle the hair!

I love the retro dresses from http://www.lindybop.co.uk/

Confession: I'm incredibly anxious at the moment - I don't want to leave my room let alone the house.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »

di_sheep.jpg

HAHAHA! I clicked on that link and for some reason the name "Only Ewe" combined with the sweater gave me a good chuckle. That's just... horribly cute. Hahaha!!
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    I confess on the Friday nights when I have to drop my son off at his dads I sometimes go through MacDonald's drive through for a feel better burger, thankfully he doesn't take him very often

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    In honor of q4... some username about piano music ;)...'s suggestion about page 409 and cleaning products, I confess that I have no idea what "Formula 409" is. Or was it "Product 409"...?
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I've skipped all the dress posts. I haven't worn a dress since I was 12. I only wear skirts if I absolutely have to.
  • m_w_s
    m_w_s Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Confession 1: First post and am super nervous. I've been reading this thread over the last couple of weeks. I've laughed hysterically, been pissed of and amazed, learned a lot, and met so many interesting characters and had my heart broken by some of the really intense things you've all talked about. Better than any novel. So joining in feels weird.

Confession 2: I've just started taking this "get healthy" thing seriously, and have been tracking for a couple of weeks. So far so good on mostly sticking to it, and carefully weighing and measuring to make sure I'm not fooling myself. I am so angry at myself about how long it has taken me to start doing this properly, about all the years where I just let things creep up a pound at a time, and about everything I miss out on because of my weight that I kind of hate myself. I should probably work on that.

Confession 3: I have been going all week knowing I will have a treat this weekend, while fitting into my CICO. So, I am fantasizing hardcore and in seriously vivid detail about having a really nice big, juicy cheeseburger this weekend and it is so distracting!
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    In honor of q4... some username about piano music ;)...'s suggestion about page 409 and cleaning products, I confess that I have no idea what "Formula 409" is. Or was it "Product 409"...?

Formula 409 https://www.formula409.com/

Basic clean everything in the kitchen and bathroom that isn't glass cleaner
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Screen-Shot-2013-11-15-at-3.30.52-PM.png
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    m_w_s wrote: »
    Confession 1: First post and am super nervous. I've been reading this thread over the last couple of weeks. I've laughed hysterically, been pissed of and amazed, learned a lot, and met so many interesting characters and had my heart broken by some of the really intense things you've all talked about. Better than any novel. So joining in feels weird.

Confession 2: I've just started taking this "get healthy" thing seriously, and have been tracking for a couple of weeks. So far so good on mostly sticking to it, and carefully weighing and measuring to make sure I'm not fooling myself. I am so angry at myself about how long it has taken me to start doing this properly, about all the years where I just let things creep up a pound at a time, and about everything I miss out on because of my weight that I kind of hate myself. I should probably work on that.

Confession 3: I have been going all week knowing I will have a treat this weekend, while fitting into my CICO. So, I am fantasizing hardcore and in seriously vivid detail about having a really nice big, juicy cheeseburger this weekend and it is so distracting!

Welcome. I don't think youre the only person who feels that way, at least sometimes. We are doing the right thing now though. Always moving forward.

Get that cheeseburger!
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I keep a stash of chocolate in my office...and in my bedroom, and hidden in my closet. I've been good lately, but it's there, just in case.

I keep a stash in my car boot. Which if fine through the winter, then I have to think of somewhere else for the summer because it melts and makes a big chocolate mess in my car... which can be mistaken for something else. :confounded:

This reminded me of an embarrassing story... a few years ago I went out shopping with my cousin. I was wearing white shorts. We got to the mall, wandered slowly around, got ice cream then finally went into a store. A sales lady came up to me and discreetly told me that I had something on my shorts. There was a brown stain right in the center of my butt. Turns out that a younger cousin had been in the car earlier, eating chocolate covered almonds. I sat on it and melted it.

I bought a new pair of pants in that store. I'm still paranoid about wearing white pants/shorts.

I am totally paranoid about wearing white pants/shorts/skirts!

I can't even handle white shirts. about 75% of my shirts are black or navy, the other 25% some sort of brighter blue or grey. I did buy one white t-shirt recently though, but I am paranoid when I wear it. Coffee drips don't show on dark shirts!!!!

Yes they do!