The 40-Something Club

Options

Replies

• 00figg
    00figg Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    hi everybody! I'm 42 (what?!) and recently lost over 55 pounds. if i can do it, ANYONE can! feel free to add me! good luck on your journey!
  • ATVer
    ATVer Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Thanks for starting the chat Erin!

I'm 48 and fighting 15 lbs. Lost 25 2 years ago, very slowly I gained 5 or so, then hurt my back and BAM gained 10 more! Feeling better now and need to get back into my clothes! Oh, also fighting this new thing, supposedly called "hormone imbalance". So not cool!

Feel free to friend me! :)
    JJ
  • Kim_1971
    Kim_1971 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm new to MFP and just wondering - is it good to be consistently under calories or could under eating be actually causing reverse effect? Any thoughts
  • hellbettybrat
    hellbettybrat Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Kim_1971 wrote: »
    I'm new to MFP and just wondering - is it good to be consistently under calories or could under eating be actually causing reverse effect? Any thoughts

Same as this! I keep getting told that I'm not losing weight because I'm not eating enough...thought CICO would be a simple process?
  • tashiros
    tashiros Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Well as long as you keep exercising it should be alright just keep tabs on it
  • 00figg
    00figg Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Kim_1971 wrote: »

Same as this! I keep getting told that I'm not losing weight because I'm not eating enough...thought CICO would be a simple process?

i guess it depends how much under calories? and what is your daily calorie intake? and are you exercising and reducing that number even further? your body needs fuel and while you'd think drastically cutting cals should net you faster weight loss, it really doesn't work that way.
  • 1mumrevolution
    1mumrevolution Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    47, Irish, lost 30lbs in 12 months thanks to MFP. I'm now on the last 7-10lbs. But it's hard. I've been in a plateau for ages. Hormonal complications, you know, estrogen diminishing. Too much progesterone (rolls eyes) Meh. Feel 20 in my head.
  • cj94404
    cj94404 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    47, Irish, lost 30lbs in 12 months thanks to MFP. I'm now on the last 7-10lbs. But it's hard. I've been in a plateau for ages. Hormonal complications, you know, estrogen diminishing. Too much progesterone (rolls eyes) Meh. Feel 20 in my head.

I don't feel 20 (did I ever?) but it has been harder to lose at 45 than at 41. I low carbed it the last time and while I think low carb is effective I could not sustain it beyond a year. But so slow. Quarter pound a week. Gah! Now I know why 1960s housewives used speed! Patience is not one of my virtues.

• OhioGuy37
    OhioGuy37 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Close enough, 39 here. Feel free to connect
  • MartisWay43
    MartisWay43 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    44 here, with over 100 to lose!
  • mineboy
    mineboy Posts: 2,478 Member
    Options
    Just hit 48 in Feb, still need to lose about 2kgs. add if want people
  • pinksalt4
    pinksalt4 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just turned 43 (gulp) and working on getting back in shape (like to lose 20ish pounds). It's not easy but I know it'll be worth it when it's time to put my bathing suit on again this summer. Making sure I keep my diary up to date definitely keeps me honest...
  • justamyagain
    justamyagain Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm 40, and a few weeks away from 41. I changed my starting weight, so not many people know how far I've come. Let's just say that I've lost a significant amount of weight. From obese to firmly in healthy BMI. I'm always down for new friends :smile:
  • Earthgirl51
    Earthgirl51 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am 43. I have lost around 25 so far and I have another 75 to lose to reach my first goal. I have been at it on and off since Jan 2014. I am fortunate that I have not developed any devastating problems yet (unless you count varicose veins). Friend me if you like. I am on here on and off throughout the day.
  • Erinleigh13
    Erinleigh13 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    hope everyone had a great weekend! did you get in your exercise and make good food choices?? hahaa....I took a salad to my sons baseball game and people looked at me funny...oh well!! haha
  • ecloudmouth
    ecloudmouth Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 40 and I have about 50 to lose! But I started really working on my health and fitness when I was about 37. I've lost 70 lbs, which I am super proud of. You can lose the weight, just stay focused and remind yourself you didn't gain the weight over night so it's not going to come off over night
    :) Liz - LA Woman
  • TLL09
    TLL09 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm 41 and have about 40 lbs to lose. I decided today that enough is enough so I'm happy to find this thread of like minded people! I would welcome friends who have a positive attitude towards life :smile:
  • annh7
    annh7 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm 43, joined in January, I've lost 14lbs got 14 to go!! Stayed the same for 3 weeks now, so disheartening but keeping at it.
    Feel free to add me :D
  • Erinleigh13
    Options
    I'm 40 and I have about 50 to lose! But I started really working on my health and fitness when I was about 37. I've lost 70 lbs, which I am super proud of. You can lose the weight, just stay focused and remind yourself you didn't gain the weight over night so it's not going to come off over night
    :) Liz - LA Woman

that's great!!! you are definitely a motivation for me!
  • Erinleigh13
    Options
    TLL09 wrote: »
    I'm 41 and have about 40 lbs to lose. I decided today that enough is enough so I'm happy to find this thread of like minded people! I would welcome friends who have a positive attitude towards life :smile:

yay! glad you found the post! we can do this!!!!