Under 5'5" Shorties UNITE!

Options

Replies

• neuroticlin89
    neuroticlin89 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    im sad that 5'3 is considered short. ive never thought of myself as being short, but I guess it explains why when I lose weight, it doesn't seem to make much difference :( i guess i like to delude myself. need to lose 15 pounds!
  • Saragre
    Saragre Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    5 feet in the morning,I always joke, but it's true 4'11" in the afternoon. I'm in. :)
  • CindyN58
    CindyN58 Posts: 39
    Options
    I used to be 5' 1 1/2, but I think I shrunk. I seem to be only 5'1" now...lol I don't mind being short, but I am not happy about being so overweight. It's called obese(what a horrible word) I need to lose about 50 lbs. I would love to join in.:wink:
  • th1nkth1nmama
    th1nkth1nmama Posts: 158
    Options
    I'm 5'5"... I lost 5lbs last year and lost 25 so far this year! as of this morning I was 201.8!! Still have a long way to go
  • klm78
    klm78 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Well....looks like I'm in! I'm 5 ft 2 and weigh 143.5. My starting weight on MFP was 152 and my Goal weight is 120. I feel like I've already hit a plateau. I've been at the same weight for the past 3 weeks...UGH!! I'm doing JM 30 Day Shred and am on Week 5 of C25K. Maybe the push I need is a little motivation from folks in the same boat as me! Here's to pushing through the brick wall!!!
  • hellotini
    hellotini Posts: 29
    Options
    Wooo 4'11" here! (mock excitement, I can't even round up, i'm exactly 59 inches.) I'm around 200 now but I'm not allowing myself near the scale anymore and I'm not sure where my goal should be. I'd LOVE to be around 110 but I don't know what my body can really handle. right now my biggest goal is 153, that puts me out of the obese range for the first time ever.

feel free to add me you adorable shorties :tongue:
  • Sammybunny711
    Sammybunny711 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Well....looks like I'm in! I'm 5 ft 2 and weigh 143.5. My starting weight on MFP was 152 and my Goal weight is 120. I feel like I've already hit a plateau. I've been at the same weight for the past 3 weeks...UGH!! I'm doing JM 30 Day Shred and am on Week 5 of C25K. Maybe the push I need is a little motivation from folks in the same boat as me! Here's to pushing through the brick wall!!!

Since you are working out so hard, you may be gaining muscle weight and that might be why you have not lost any pounds per se. Have you noticed a difference in the fit of your clothes or in your inches?
  • mandikess
    mandikess Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm 5 foot even and weigh 142 as of this morning........looking to get down to 120 or 125!!!!
  • MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: 5' 1" here- Would love to have more shorties as my friends- Add me if you'd like
  • HunnyB65
    HunnyB65 Posts: 10
    Options
    5'4" here and just started 3 days ago. I really need a group and some friends to help me along the way... and I can help you too. :)
  • abeautifulvoice
    Options
    I am 5'1 and need to lose about 64lbs to reach my 1st goal of 145lbs.
  • cbenn83
    cbenn83 Posts: 5
    Options
    I wanna join!! I'm 4'11" & a half (don't forget the half!) Lol. I'm too scared to jump on the scale but my last weigh in was @ 182:sick:I've been exercising and am starting to FEEL the difference but still too scared:ohwell:
  • Curry0724
    Curry0724 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    5'2" and a half here. Yes, I'll keep that half inch, thankyouverymuch!

15 pounds down, about 10-15 to go.

Who else has trouble buying jeans? I HATE buying jeans. My thighs and butt are bigger (size-wise) than my waist, and then on top of that I'm short, so nothing ever fits right :(

OOH Me too my bottom half is bigger than the top half. I have a hard time buying jeans cuz my butt is so big there is a gap in the waist. I don't like that at all!! All the pants tend to be too long fo rme too. Or the jeans are tight from my thinghs to the knees then they loosen after that.

I found that Gap (I always go to Gap Outlet though) has fantastic jeans! By far my favorite. If you look they have jeans for everyone, long & lean, short, curvy & short, and so many other types. I would recommend looking there for those hard to find jeans, they work awesome on me :)
  • fibrogirl
    fibrogirl Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Can I join in too please at 5' 2" I'm another shortie and I am a typical pear shape carrying almost all of my weight on my hips thighs and knees!! Currently at 160.6 pounds I want to lose about 30 pounds to feel more like me again! :blushing:
  • designerdiscounts
    designerdiscounts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this thread! Shorties, it is so hard to lose the weight! I am 5'4" (feel so tall here!) and need to lose another 8 pounds or so. Really, I just want to have a waist again. I'm actually happy for my 32DD's - they round out my "child bearing" hips. But my hips are still much bigger than the top half of me and the waist, well, it just isn't defined like it used to be. Love the idea of having a number for the waist as a goal - I'd be happy with 28 (or lower!). Right now I'm at 31 inches.

I recently lost 3 pounds with the help of MFP after not losing anything for over 4 months! I'm very small framed and would ideally like to weigh about 118 or so. Before kids, I weighed 113-115. I'm not so stuck on the number, I just want to look good in a bathing suit, lol.

I'll go through and send some friend requests after I get home, gotta run right now. :flowerforyou:
  • Purplefly
    Purplefly Posts: 71
    Options
    Hey all :)
    Count me in! 5ft 2 mom of three, recently found site and started my journey. Have a great day!:flowerforyou:
  • klm78
    klm78 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have noticed some change and my husband definitely has. I guess my main problem is that I've always been a numbers girl. Always wanting the scale to change and my clothes size to drop. My husband says I'm being too hard on myself, and I know that he's right. I know that I'm on the right track, I just have to keep on trucking!!!
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I want to join too, 5'4" and currently 182 pounds, am looking at 130-140 for goal weight.

Thanks for the tip on Gap jeans, I would never have thought to go there. Avenue used to have some jeans that were short enough but now they all sit under the natural waist and I hate that. Always feels like they are going to slide down the slope if you get my drift. I need my pants at the top of the belly.
  • moremari
    moremari Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    5'3 and am thick all around. I never really minded because I was always strong and athletic but things rapidly changed after I had my 3 children. It's been a roller coaster ever since. I am here to manage my health and fitness to get that "I feel good" feeling again and keep it that way. I love, love, love food so I'm my own worst enemy.

It feels like a snails pace right now.

best to all of you.
  • sgirl29
    sgirl29 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join? Im 5'3" looking to lose another 15 - 20 pounds... :)