I'm the same girl... Lost over 200 pounds in 2 years.

Options

Replies

• BaconSan2
    BaconSan2 Posts: 260 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    WOW!
  • TasnimEz
    TasnimEz Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • neleighh
    neleighh Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thank you all solo much! Your kind words really push me to continue. I've been sort of afraid in the past with showing my true journey, not knowing people's reactions and letting people see me at my most vulnerable. Honestly I won't lie, most was just eating right. I hate excersizing lol and I lost all that weight by going to the gym maybe 2 times a month? I now push myself to go more because I kinda like the challenge. Want to know something crazy? Even my now fiancé hasn't seen the old me like you all have. He's seen some older pics but never the beginning ones. He loves me to the world and back but I'm ashamed. Ha. I know he wouldn't care but fear is real lol. Anyway, meal prepping I sort of did.. But I'll lead to that. My wls is crazy lol. It was all natural but also at time kinda dangerous at times. First I sorta just started watching what I was eating for about 6 months not really counting cal just being cautious. And bam 50 pounds down. I was amazed. Then I realized how much can I loose if I actually counted cal? I then put a cal limit on myself to 1200 cal a day. And being still around 350 pounds the weight was falling off. Some days id loose 1.3 pounds in a day. It became obsessive and that's when I became Bulimic for a few months (summer of 2013) I was throwing up everything I was eating and in 1 month I lost over 25 pounds. Then days where i didn't eat more than 600 cal like physically I couldn't it was hard. I believe some how my stomach shrank weird enough. To this day I sometimes battle with puking but I have a sort of handle on it, it's super rare for me to now. For the next year I maintained a 1200 cal diet and before I knew it I was 206 pounds. And ever since then I've been yoyoing from 196-206. My diet consisted of no red meats at all unless it was in a lean cuisine of some sort. I had no candy no sweets unless like a Special K bar or fiber one. I ate barely any carbs. But my diet consisted of potatoes that fills you up with not a lot of cal. And sometimes tortillas. I ate a TON of cabbage and zucchini they're my fav veggies. And salad of course. But I became a chicken breast addicted. I kid you not. If it wasn't a lean cuisine I was eating it was chicken breast 4 oz. every day. Let me tell you, you'd think you'd get tired of it but no. I've learned more than 30 ways to cook them lol that I use to this day. From mini chicken pot pies and mini Asian chicken tacos and mini baked chicken taquitos and 10 plus chicken baked marinades to chicken and onions chicken and potatoes and so on lol. Breakfast would consist of oatmeal by oatfit for 100 cal or a cup of Special K cereal. And so on, I usually saved most my cal for dinner and I ate as late as I could because I'm a snacker. The later I ate the less I would snack because I was still full. But anyway as for excersizing I looove the elliptical and spinning. I do them on my own, just so you know I never had a gym nenbership nor have I had a trainer. Luckily my apartment has a free gym that I like to use lol. And there's a like state park next to where I live so walking it or around it is also nice. I forgot to mention while I was loosing weight my friend and I would walk about 2.3 miles everyday every couple of weeks which helped. I will say the most important tool everyone needs in a weightloss journey is support. I WOULD NOT be here if it were not from that. My friends my family my fiancé they have been incredible and I appreciate them more than anything. Always have a support system because that will always motivate you. Use your kids, your spouse, your friends if you don't have that use yourself. <3 thank you all for reading and knowing my crazy story.. Best of luck!
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    I love your story because it is real. You need to share it with your fiancé, so he knows where your fears are coming from and why it is important to you to maintain a healthy lifestyle. You can do this! You have had amazing success and will continue to have success!

Nice work!
  • jharris1378
    jharris1378 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job. You look amazing.
  • neleighh
    Options
    Thank you :)
  • blueyellowhorse
    blueyellowhorse Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    You are truly amazing. You shine like a bright star! :)
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    absolutely awesome. I wouldn't even recognize you such a big change in you and your life too!
  • onefootfoward
    onefootfoward Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Just woah
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Not only does your actual body look great, your style game is on point. Heavier or lighter, you're a great dresser and have fabulous hair. Way to go (on the weight loss and the killer style)!
  • evaevaevaz
    evaevaevaz Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! You are amazing!
  • neleighh
    Options
    You guys are sweet! Thank you all :)
  • Serendipitous_Life
    Serendipitous_Life Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely incredible!! Congrats on your success :)
  • miriaml5
    miriaml5 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You are so young! What dedication & perseverance. I could use some of that!
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Ha! I've the chicken addiction as well, though I'm more of a leg girl ;)

Unsolicited advice time. Tell your guy. If he cares, well that's what we call dodging a bullet. If he doesn't this is information he should know. He should know you went through a period of eating disorder, if only so he knows how not to trigger it. He's gonna be your best support, let him know that you need it!
  • _QueenE_
    _QueenE_ Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!
  • amy8400
    amy8400 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    You rock, my dear. No excuses. All action.

Love to see dedication like yours. That's what it's all about!!
  • nickibowen
    nickibowen Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!! You go girl!! What you did/are doing takes determination. You look fabulous!!
  • Alainalala
    Alainalala Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Beautiful at every stage. Much to be proud of here!
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Very, very well done lass!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!