Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Less of a confession, more of a rant...

I'm getting really sick of the hoops I'm having to jump through for a potential job. It's retail, working basically as a stock person/cashier. In the past when I've applied for jobs like this, it was: fill out a one-page application, go for an interview (or sometimes a group interview), get a call that you got the job. Period.

For this one, I had to fill out a half-hour long application online. Had a phone interview. Had an interview with an assistant manager. And now have to go back for ANOTHER interview with someone else! I'm sorry, but what is this madness?! I'm applying to a work in a store, not the freakin' FBI!

Sorry but this seems ridiculous and I'm just frustrated. If you don't know by now if you want me to work there or if you don't want to hire me, just say so! I'm a big girl and I can take the rejection.

On the plus side, I thought I looked pretty good all dressed up and fancy-like. :)
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    tiona83 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I feel like a loser because I don't ever really have any GOOD confessions for this oh, so worthy thread, but here goes.

Confession 1: I packed an awesome lunch today and wanted to devour it before 11 this morning. I don't take lunch until 1. I managed to make it until noon, but now I'm sad because my food is over. I often get sad when my food is over.

Confession 2: I totally had Dr. Pepper last night with my Auntie Anne's pretzel bites and didn't log it. Oops. >:)

My youngest (8) has a bad habit of taking bites out of her lunch why she packs it. The school policy is no junk food (crisps/chips, chocolate, cookies/biscuits) so it's not like it's something sweet. Came down stairs yesterday and she had half her sandwich gone. This was after her breakfast.

Errrrr, what?! How is that even enforced and why? I'm all for encouraging healthy habits, but this seems a bit extreme.

My children's school is the same. I'm used to it now.

my kids school does this too. sort of. The meal must be "balanced" so you cant send a bag of chips and a can of pop and call it lunch. You can send a snack sized bag of chips along with a sandwich and an apple.

If the lunch you packed is not a "balanced" lunch, they will give your child a sack lunch from the kitchen, which is a cheese sandwich on wholegrain bread, a fruit, a carton of milk, and a oatmeal cookie.

Then you get a nasty note about the inadequate lunch you packed. So that is how they enforce it. I know this because I asked the school at length about it.

My son has a sensory disorder, so basically his lunches are the same thing, everyday, with no variation. I was worried I would get nasty notes about it, but they assured me that was not the case! Thank goodness.

Thank you all who have explained this lunch policy. It makes me wonder what would've happened if that was enforced in my elementary school because from 1st - 3rd grade I suffered extreme anxiety which led to stomach issues and the only thing I could keep down for lunch for three years was a single chocolate pudding. That was it. In 4th & 5th grade I managed 1 plain tuna sandwich. (and I'm still lagging behind on this thread; been super busy at work)
  • amyford25
    amyford25 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    my next door neighbor is a hoarder, he keeps it contained in his house and garage, it doesn't spill out into his yard. It took him a couple years to get his cedar shingle siding painted, which was kind of annoying and I try not to judge him. However, every now and then he likes to show me how sophisticated he is by blasting classical music like beethoven from his front porch.

Geez, this is my neighbor! He is an "artist" and the music is his inspiration. Wish it would "inspire" him to clean up his dang yard once in a while...

Oh this is my first post although I've been following it awhile, so... My confession is this thread "inspired" me to buy Talenti Sea Salt Caramel Gelato and I went through a whole pint this weekend. So not sorry! :smiley:
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    I went way way overboard on my cheat day on Friday, it was worth it completely! Sunday I put off running until the last minute and ended up running a 10k instead, obviously Friday was exactly what I needed to blow off some steam. :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I wanted some ice cream for lunch. Decided to go for the pint from the local place, which doesn't give calories (which sucks, by the way). Helped myself to a serving (guessing around 88g, which is about average), realized there really wasn't much left in the pint and didn't want to leave so little so I had the whole thing. And just quick added 400 calories, knowing it could be more, I really have no idea (it's cake batter with caramel swirls and there were probably 8 caramel truffles).

And that, once again, leaves me less than 300 calories for the day, and it's not even noon. Good job, Fran.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options

I'm getting really sick of the hoops I'm having to jump through for a potential job. It's retail, working basically as a stock person/cashier. In the past when I've applied for jobs like this, it was: fill out a one-page application, go for an interview (or sometimes a group interview), get a call that you got the job. Period.

For this one, I had to fill out a half-hour long application online. Had a phone interview. Had an interview with an assistant manager. And now have to go back for ANOTHER interview with someone else! I'm sorry, but what is this madness?! I'm applying to a work in a store, not the freakin' FBI!

Sorry but this seems ridiculous and I'm just frustrated. If you don't know by now if you want me to work there or if you don't want to hire me, just say so! I'm a big girl and I can take the rejection.

On the plus side, I thought I looked pretty good all dressed up and fancy-like. :)

I think it is more to see how MUCH you want the job. If you wasn't fussed you wouldn't have gone through all of this. It's to see how dedicated you are. Good luck!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    hschnirel wrote: »
    I feel like I am so much "less than" marathon or race runners, I would rather walk or bike but I just want to want [/b] to want to run. They just seem so much more in control of their lives than me, mainly because you must have to be very disciplined to do things like that, and I'm apparently not like that at all. I grazed on pretzels most of today.

Find something you enjoy doing and do it. If you enjoy running, run. If you enjoy cycling, ride. If you enjoy swimming, swim. I enjoy cycling, so I prefer to ride. I don't hate running anymore (long story- Couch to 5k+), so I run. Mostly for what it's doing for my heart and it's something I can just put on the shoes and go, whenever I have a few minutes.
  • overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »

I think it is more to see how MUCH you want the job. If you wasn't fussed you wouldn't have gone through all of this. It's to see how dedicated you are. Good luck!

Thanks :) Yeah, I thought that might be the purpose; at least I hope it is and not that they aren't convinced I can do the job. I guess I can understand it especially since there is usually so much turnover in retail employees.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    Last night all I had for tea (I mean dinner/evening meal/whatever, I'm British) was a slice of cake. So good, don't even regret it as it was the same calories as a normal meal. And I was full afterwards.

I'm currently formulating my 'cake-based meal replacement diet'.

Sign me up for that. It could be called The Great British Baker Diet. :smiley:

You could seriously be onto a winner with this!

Make it a boxed set with the Peep Cleanse and you'd definitely have a winner!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I apparently went to the grocery store hungry on Saturday because I bought four different kinds of candy - bags, not single servings. I also bought two cartons of ice cream, two boxes of Skinny Cow Snickerdoodle ice cream sandwiches (they were on clearance), and two $1. 49 bags of Limon Flamin' Hot Cheetos.

The Cheetos are gone. One of the bags of candy (gummy peaches) is gone.

I had quite a weekend... :(
  • kayla_harker
    kayla_harker Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.

don't worry I've done that before too :/
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »
    Wow, I'm finally caught up.!

Confession: I am too tired and too lazy to work out today.

Confession: I told a hard boiled egg "F--- you" and threw it in the garbage because it would not peel.

Sorry, this made me laugh. I get unnecessarily angry at things when they won't work.

Me too. I swore at a container of ricotta today. Every single one of them... if you try to peel the top plastic layer by pulling on the tab on the side, it just breaks, instead of lifting the plastic as it's supposed to. Every single ******* time. You need a knife to open the thing. Ridiculous.

Or what about when there is pressure and the tiniest opening makes it SPLURT out uncontrollably? Generally on whatever I'm wearing or the most difficult corner of the kitchen to clean.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    I know mug cakes get a bad rap, but I think the one I make is so good.

Which recipe did you use?

I tried a recipe for a mug cake once on here & it tasted like a Chocolate scrambled egg.

Still not as bad as the Overnight Brownie Oatmeal.

I'm curious has anyone made that Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough from Chocolate Covered Katie's website? If so what did it taste like? I'm not against sugar products or anything just wondering how beans could taste like Cookie Dough?

Is that the brownie batter overnight oatmeal? I've tried it and I laughed too... People who make those must not have had a brownie in a very long time if they think THAT tastes like one.
    Last night all I had for tea (I mean dinner/evening meal/whatever, I'm British) was a slice of cake. So good, don't even regret it as it was the same calories as a normal meal. And I was full afterwards.

I've done that with cheesecake and it worked nicely, but it doesn't only work, depending on my hormones...

Yeah the Brownie Overnight Oatmeal yech. I tried a few different overnight oatmeal variations & not once did they taste sweet. The only oatmeal I've tried recently that I've found I enjoy is Quaker's Cranberry Almond Protein.

I must be starting to PMS, because I've already had a ton of sweets & put some in today's diary & a few in the next week.

My confessions for today are:

1. Got a bonus at work & spent all of it on food. Most of it went to Quest Bars & the other half to buying Jenis ice cream online a few weeks ago. If they weren't so expensive & have so much Fiber I could eat one of the White Chocolate Raspberry bars for every meal.
    2. I bought more ice cream at Giant today even though I already had around 4-5 in the freezer already. Darn Giant & their buy two Ben & Jerry's ice creams for $6.00 & get a free insulated bag.
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options

Maybe they've had a bad experiences with people they've hired in the past, so this time around they want to be extra sure they hire someone who fits in with the "organizational culture". This one time at work, we hired a girl who seemed great. Interviewd well, was super eager to work, blah, blah, blah. She was the WORST MISTAKE EVER MADE, we ended up letting her go after a few months, but good lord! The next go around, I made sure to be extra through in who we selected.
  • LeslieB042812
    LeslieB042812 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    My confession: I'M A FRAUD!!
    I spend too much time here every day, doling out advice and encouragement, telling people about CICO, how to succeed, etc etc etc....

I have not lost any weight (that I have kept off) in SIX MONTHS.

That's right, I have "maintained" (read: lost weight, then stuffed my fat face) for half a year. It's a miracle I haven't actually gained.

I'm complacent, and I make excuses, and I'm basically just being totally crap at this weight loss thing. And you know what? I RESENT knowing how much I know about weight loss, because in the past, I'd have "mixed it up" byt going for a "kickstart" and doing a few weeks of shakes, or majorly low carb, or chowing down some "Fatblaster Max". And now I know that all there is for it is to stop being an *kitten* about it and get it done.

And I'm writing ALL this knowing I'm about to go on a 5 day holiday which I will AGAIN use as an excuse to say "I'll get back to it next week, this is special circumstances, I don't have much of a choice what I eat, so stuff it."

I need a damn good slapping.

Sometimes I feel like a fraud too when I give people advice about binging & telling them to not restrict & to just get back on track the next day.

I just had a binge on Monday & what did I do the next day only ate 300 calories since I wasn't exactly hungry & then tried to get rid of the rest of the calories in other days.

I did the exact same thing last week: binged on Wednesday and then only ate a few hundred calories on Thursday.....I think it's okay, so long as you're listening to your body and don't make a habit of it.

I also feel like a fraud sometimes--do what I say not what I do! Just because you know what you should do, doesn't make it easy to do it.....
  • quiksylver296
    Options

So, is it Wally-world? Just wondering since I see people filling out apps on those little kiosks at the store.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    I know mug cakes get a bad rap, but I think the one I make is so good.

Which recipe did you use?

I tried a recipe for a mug cake once on here & it tasted like a Chocolate scrambled egg.

Still not as bad as the Overnight Brownie Oatmeal.

I'm curious has anyone made that Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough from Chocolate Covered Katie's website? If so what did it taste like? I'm not against sugar products or anything just wondering how beans could taste like Cookie Dough?

Is that the brownie batter overnight oatmeal? I've tried it and I laughed too... People who make those must not have had a brownie in a very long time if they think THAT tastes like one.

I've done that with cheesecake and it worked nicely, but it doesn't only work, depending on my hormones...

Yeah the Brownie Overnight Oatmeal yech. I tried a few different overnight oatmeal variations & not once did they taste sweet. The only oatmeal I've tried recently that I've found I enjoy is Quaker's Cranberry Almond Protein.

I must be starting to PMS, because I've already had a ton of sweets & put some in today's diary & a few in the next week.

My confessions for today are:

1. Got a bonus at work & spent all of it on food. Most of it went to Quest Bars & the other half to buying Jenis ice cream online a few weeks ago. If they weren't so expensive & have so much Fiber I could eat one of the White Chocolate Raspberry bars for every meal.
    2. I bought more ice cream at Giant today even though I already had around 4-5 in the freezer already. Darn Giant & their buy two Ben & Jerry's ice creams for $6.00 & get a free insulated bag.

I can't handle that because it is TOO sweet for me.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I was reading a thread that someone was wondering if they should weigh fruit with the skin off/on, not wanting to count the weight of what they were not eating etc. I was so judging because who gives a @U!(
    So My Confession…. I always guess the weight of fruit. Sometimes I log Diameter for peaches, oranges, etc and inches for bananas but never measure. Now I am curious and must go weigh my orange.
    edited: for spelling. I can't spell I'm sure I still missed something. But I tried.

Once I started weighing I realized I was underestimating a lot actually... and that MFP's default entry was totally off. So my apples were 30% more calories than I thought. I wasn't too happy about it.

Yeah my orange was 66 calories. I looked back on my diary and was actually over estimating it but only by 3-15 calories. Guess I have a good eye, at least for fruit. I never weighed them because I usually am out and about when I eat bananas or oranges. They are usually my go to for a quick snack.

I know the one food item I would overestimate big time would be cereal. When I used to think of eating cereal it would be in a big Jethro bowl filled to the top & when I actually saw how small a portion was I was kind of shocked at how small it was.

Ice cream, peanut butter, & dressing would be other products I would still grossly underestimate without using my food scale.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    I wish I could go 2 weeks without a cheat day.... I think I might loose weight faster.

If I could make it one week I'd be happy! :wink:
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    For as much as I hate the "breathers", the "foot shufflers" are even worse. There are two people in particular here at work that cannot seem to master the heel-toe aspect of walking. Pick up your feet, woman!

I posted about foot shufflers a couple hundred pages back. There 2 people in my office that I want to stab in the throat with a pen every time I hear them dragging their feet like Walkers.