Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Does the exhaustion ever end??? I am always tired, it's getting to the point where it's my trademark. How am I? TIRED. Always. I hate it... I think my sleeping habits are very poor. Last night I know I woke up about 15 or so times trying to get out of bed to finish "work" that didn't exist.
    If I get into the rut of not being able to sleep night after night, I'll take Nytol for a few nights which is mild but helps me make it through the night. I can't function on no sleep.
    Do you take anything?

I was prescribed melatonin as a teen, but I don't think that did much good... and my mom recently gave me some valerian root but I don't think that helped... maybe I should try them both again. What I really want is a good old bottle of sleeping pills that'll put me out like a light. A good idea would have been to go hibernate in an igloo over winter so I wouldn't have had to deal with the Canadian weather.

There was a massive testing of over the counter remedies and supplements not too long ago that revealed a lot of them were just dried carrots and peas and contained no traces of the ingredients they were supposed to. So it is entirely possible that the Valerian root did nothing because it wasn't even Valerian root.

I don't know if it was the same study as the one you reference but I do remember reading one that found much the same thing... "supplements" may or may not contain the active ingredient. Particularly memorable is the St John's Wort that tested as only senna. Which would work if you were depressed due to constipation, I guess.

I'm always been pretty skeptical about the whole herbal supplement racket and that was the final nail in the coffin as far as I was concerned. (With the exception of my insomnia remedy, which actually does work, much to my surprise)

I've also never understood the perceived benefit of gagging down dozens of large nasty-smelling "natural" pills several times a day when one little prescription pill would do the trick.

edit: Just realized the original post was about insomnia, so I should really identify the remedy that I said I use -- Natural Factors Tranquil Sleep, it's a blend of melatonin, 5HTP and L-Theanine.

My in-laws love supplements. They have a whole lazy Susan on their kitchen counter just full of pill bottles. One day, we noticed a bottle labeled "ox bile". After a lot of gagging and curiosity, my husband asked his mom about it. It is also known as taurine, and I guess she uses it to compensate for her gall bladder removal.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    My secret is that there is a little house for sale that I am putting an offer on tonight and I am really hoping they'll accept. I'm so so so so so excited about it but I'm not telling anyone IRL (besides my family) because I'm afraid I'll jinx it. It's perfect for me (and my dog :smile: )

I've lived with my brother for 8 years and while we still get along the thought of having a space that is 100% mine is... well, to be honest I can't even think of the right word for it.

I'm really behind, but this is awesome! Hope all goes well!
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    ...is that I couldn't have otherwise fathomed how a child who was at the very young age that I was, at the time, could possess those kinds of instincts to protect, and be willing to 'fight to save another'... let alone to knowingly 'choose' to risk their life (under the circumstances), and be willing to sacrifice it, to save another... it goes without saying that kids (nor anyone else, for that matter) obviously shouldn't ever have to experience such a thing, or think any such thoughts, or go through the torture of needing to rapidly figure out what, among a given set of very limited options, would be the 'right' 'choice' in order to optimize the odds of 'everyone coming out alive'... but my experience did teach me (and in a way that perhaps nothing else could) that a child of a surprisingly young age can possess an instinctual capacity to protect that goes well beyond what many would ever think such a child to be capable of... (though to 'know' the 'depths' of it, would require its being 'tested', and *that* is something best left 'unknown')...
    Yes. I still remember a nightmare I had when I was around four years old. My brother was just a baby at the time, and in the dream I was yelling at everyone to help him because he was being killed by a "vacuum cleaner man." I couldn't do anything to stop him because I was only a kid and he would just push me off, but every time I tried to ask someone older (my mom, my grandma), they would just say ''In a minute, I'm busy doing laundry/making dinner/watching this TV show/etc." I remember the horrible anxiety from them not taking me seriously or understanding what I had to say, a fear from my real life. In the dream, my brother ended up being turned into a pile of grapes! For some reason that was horribly scary to me! :P
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Had my interview this morning, went well, asked when they were looking to hire, they said they had an internal candidate that was on vacation that they needed to see, so I won't find out until next week.

Talent acquisition double booked the interview slot so I was in the waiting room with a competitor, he was wearing jeans and a puffy jacket. . . . .jeans and a puffy jacket.

Clearly, you were overdressed.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    @ShibaEars
    That is very exciting! I'd say good luck, but the different time zones mean as I'm catching up this morning you've probably already put the offer in! Hope you were successful.

Thanks everyone that wished me luck. They rejected the offer - it was low, but like I said, it's not worth what they paid 5 years ago. I am countering today, but I have a feeling they won't accept less than their list price. I can't blame them, I get that they don't want to lose too much money, but it still sucks because it would be a great opportunity for me.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    shannonbun wrote: »
    Actually bought a coworker a birthday cake that I HATE the taste of so I won't eat a piece. Maybe being in charge of getting the cakes isn't a bad thing?

I admire you. I don't think I could do that... I'd go to look for a cake and come out with the prettiest one that *I* loved... You've got willpower, my friend, and smarts.

This!!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    DaisheaBoo wrote: »
    I can't have a cheat meal...I have cheat weeks..LAWWWWDDDDDDD!!!!! :(

Hahahahahaa
  • FluffySandwich
    Options
    Also, I'm not sure I woke up that many times last night, but I've still been tired. After my boyfriend left at 8 AM, I went back to bed until 11. In an effort to make myself stay awake, I'm currently downing a liter of water with lemon juice and a large coffee. And listening to adrenaline pumping music. I need to get some work done and can't have myself collapsing all over the place.
  • TheBigFb
    TheBigFb Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I once stole candy off a mentally ill child
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Does the exhaustion ever end??? I am always tired, it's getting to the point where it's my trademark. How am I? TIRED. Always. I hate it... I think my sleeping habits are very poor. Last night I know I woke up about 15 or so times trying to get out of bed to finish "work" that didn't exist.
    If I get into the rut of not being able to sleep night after night, I'll take Nytol for a few nights which is mild but helps me make it through the night. I can't function on no sleep.
    Do you take anything?

I was prescribed melatonin as a teen, but I don't think that did much good... and my mom recently gave me some valerian root but I don't think that helped... maybe I should try them both again. What I really want is a good old bottle of sleeping pills that'll put me out like a light. A good idea would have been to go hibernate in an igloo over winter so I wouldn't have had to deal with the Canadian weather.

There was a massive testing of over the counter remedies and supplements not too long ago that revealed a lot of them were just dried carrots and peas and contained no traces of the ingredients they were supposed to. So it is entirely possible that the Valerian root did nothing because it wasn't even Valerian root.

I don't know if it was the same study as the one you reference but I do remember reading one that found much the same thing... "supplements" may or may not contain the active ingredient. Particularly memorable is the St John's Wort that tested as only senna. Which would work if you were depressed due to constipation, I guess.

I'm always been pretty skeptical about the whole herbal supplement racket and that was the final nail in the coffin as far as I was concerned. (With the exception of my insomnia remedy, which actually does work, much to my surprise)

I've also never understood the perceived benefit of gagging down dozens of large nasty-smelling "natural" pills several times a day when one little prescription pill would do the trick.

edit: Just realized the original post was about insomnia, so I should really identify the remedy that I said I use -- Natural Factors Tranquil Sleep, it's a blend of melatonin, 5HTP and L-Theanine.

I used to take a multivitamin until I read about a couple of companies that had released product with traces of mercury. I threw the bottle away and haven't taken any since.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    My deepest desire is to own my own game store. And I don't mean monopoly for xbox. I'm talking Roleplaying, Tabletop board games, miniatures, collectible card games, locked card games, walls packed with product and the tables filled with games. make all my profits from selling Code Red MT Dew and funyons.

I know someone who did this! He quit his 6-figure-salary government IT job and opened a gaming store. Unfortunately, it failed within the first year. I wish he could have hung in there because generally it takes 3 years to begin to turn a decent profit. Not to be a downer for you, though! But, if you ever decide seriously to do this I could probably get you in touch with him to learn some tips of what worked and what didn't.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    I dont dream I'm back in school, but I have had a lot of dreams where I'm at the starting line for a marathon without my bib number and sometimes wearing flip flops or the wrong clothes for the weather or full makeup. So weird. I've also dreamed that the marathon started and I was still on my way. That's actually happened to me before though. Lol

I still have the occasional dream that I'm in high school and I can't find my locker, then when I finally do I can't remember my lock combination.

I also have dreams where I'm trying to find a bathroom but I just can't, no matter how hard I look. That one is pretty self-explanatory :smiley:
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I hate the falling dreams. Those are awful because you usually jerk yourself awake.
    I hate dreams about being hurt (emotionally) by people in my life. Confession: I woke up crying from dreams like that.
    I have very vivid totally random dreams where they are story after story within a story, it's weird.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    Had my interview this morning, went well, asked when they were looking to hire, they said they had an internal candidate that was on vacation that they needed to see, so I won't find out until next week.

Talent acquisition double booked the interview slot so I was in the waiting room with a competitor, he was wearing jeans and a puffy jacket. . . . .jeans and a puffy jacket.

Wow, well that's good for you! :wink:

I still remember when I was 18 and working at Arby's a girl came in for an interview in jeans, a sweatshirt and carrying a drink from another restaurant. I mean, I get that Arby's is no way a professional dress type of place, but bringing food/drink into an interview should be an obvious 'don't'.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    TheBigFb wrote: »

What kind of candy?
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    I hate the falling dreams. Those are awful because you usually jerk yourself awake.
    I hate dreams about being hurt (emotionally) by people in my life. Confession: I woke up crying from dreams like that. I have very vivid totally random dreams where they are story after story within a story, it's weird.

I've woken up crying from dreams before, usually it's because someone close to me dies. Those are awful and I end up being incredibly sad for the rest of the day.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    I woke up once and kicked my husband because he'd been cheating on me in my dream.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    TheBigFb wrote: »

What kind of candy?
    I laughed.
  • bettybing1
    bettybing1 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I ate a whole tub of Ben and Jerry's Half Baked AND an entire 200g bar of Cadbury's Dairy Milk Chip Ahoy chocolate. I stopped myself from eating anything else but I thought about it.
    I'm determined not to do that again. When I look at what I had and the fact that I considered more it's hard to avoid the word "binge". A lot of people would say "have a little of what you want" but the fact is that just doesn't work for me.
  • FluffySandwich
    Options
    One time my boyfriend tried to spoon me while we were sleeping and I woke up in a panic because I thought it was some guy at work trying to grope me. I've pushed him away a few times because of this, which usually begins a round of sleepy ''Oh no, I'm sorry!''

Confession: When I have nothing in the fridge to eat, my hunger/cravings seem to disappear with the food. If there is bread or basically ANYTHING I can just grab (apples, cold chicken breast, green onions), I find myself constantly wanting to eat something. Right now all we have in the place is a ham that I don't feel like cutting up... and eggs I don't feel like cooking. Though some soup is sounding really, really good. Going to the grocery store tomorrow and I'm going to be planning out some dinners for the week!!!