Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    The need to be right on the internet is annoying. I see this a lot here and other boards I've posted on. I'm like yeah ok, rock on with your bad self. :wink:
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    haha
    Someecards_13.jpg
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    I had a pretty bad day, emotions wise. I wanted all the food and alcohol!!! I didn't buy any alcohol because I didn't have my ID on me, otherwise I probably would have gone for it. Foodwise I'm pretty proud of myself. Got home and ate a huge cucumber instead of buying cookies :P

OK, yesterday I tried a Jillian Michaels work out video for the first time, and today I have been struggling to walk. My thighs are absolutely killing me and I can't even imagine doing another video today like I wanted to. It's hard enough walking down stairs and trying to sit down. Hopefully this means it's working???
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    haha
    Someecards_13.jpg

Hahahaha exactly!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    I had a pretty bad day, emotions wise. I wanted all the food and alcohol!!! I didn't buy any alcohol because I didn't have my ID on me, otherwise I probably would have gone for it. Foodwise I'm pretty proud of myself. Got home and ate a huge cucumber instead of buying cookies :P

OK, yesterday I tried a Jillian Michaels work out video for the first time, and today I have been struggling to walk. My thighs are absolutely killing me and I can't even imagine doing another video today like I wanted to. It's hard enough walking down stairs and trying to sit down. Hopefully this means it's working???

Good for you for making the healthier food choice!

I know that leg pain you speak of. It sucks but it's awesome at the same time because it means you worked your butt off. Doing some activity will probably help the pain (if it's just sore muscles and not a pulled muscle).
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    The need to be right on the internet is annoying. I see this a lot here and other boards I've posted on. I'm like yeah ok, rock on with your bad self. :wink:

I don't get the need to argue either. I've posted my opinion (on a FB group). The other person posted theirs and I just said we'd agree to disagree and it was done. Someone else came along looking for a fight and completely derailed the post.
    What's the point in arguing with some complete stranger online? My opinion isn't going to change because of them and I doubt I'll change theirs so let's just be adults and move on.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    I just spent 10 minutes looking up nearby bakeries. I want some kind of baked good, but not just from a grocery store. I know where I'm stopping on my way home!
  • FluffySandwich
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »

Good for you for making the healthier food choice!

I know that leg pain you speak of. It sucks but it's awesome at the same time because it means you worked your butt off. Doing some activity will probably help the pain (if it's just sore muscles and not a pulled muscle).
    Thanks for your encouragement! I'll try to do some light exercise and see if that gets me anywhere. :) At least class is cancelled tomorrow so I don't have to walk up a billion flights of stairs.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    I can't make myself work out in front of a video. I just feel so self-conscious and ridiculous. How can I get over that?
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options

This happened to be the first time I did kettle bell swings.. used too much weight and did too many reps and could barely move the next day!
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
  • FluffySandwich
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I can't make myself work out in front of a video. I just feel so self-conscious and ridiculous. How can I get over that?
    Is this when you're on your own or when someone else is around you? Because I can only do it when I'm home alone.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    This happened to be the first time I did kettle bell swings.. used too much weight and did too many reps and could barely move the next day!
    There's a pile of weights in my son's room, including some 10lb kettle bells. They give me the side eye whenever I'm in there, and I know I should be doing something with them. Do you have a suggestion for a workout I could use them for?
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »

I don't get the need to argue either. I've posted my opinion (on a FB group). The other person posted theirs and I just said we'd agree to disagree and it was done. Someone else came along looking for a fight and completely derailed the post.
    What's the point in arguing with some complete stranger online? My opinion isn't going to change because of them and I doubt I'll change theirs so let's just be adults and move on.

I know! I don't understand why people can't agree to disagree? You're right neither one is going to change their mind so they end up going in circles! That's when I give up on the thread because it comes down to a couple people's opinions and if you try to comment just get shut down. Oh well I must be doing something right as I'm feeling more fit and losing weight and feeling great! :)
  • ShibaEars
    Options

I feel silly the first couple times I do a new dvd, especially if someone else is around. If it's just me, I don't care, because nobody's around to judge me.

I say try it at least 3 times. By then you'll have an idea of what's coming next and can focus on your form instead of how silly you think you look.

(But sometimes you might not get over it lol. I just can't get into home zumba workouts.)
  • jpenn2011
    jpenn2011 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    funjen1972 wrote: »
    I wear the same stinky workout clothes for several days without washing. Ewww gross, I know. Always change my socks though lol

I swore I was the only one to do this, downside of losing weight is only a few of my clothes fit (ones with drawstrings) and really I don't have time or money to do laundry every two days smh
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    There's a pile of weights in my son's room, including some 10lb kettle bells. They give me the side eye whenever I'm in there, and I know I should be doing something with them. Do you have a suggestion for a workout I could use them for?

Google Kettle Bell Exercises, I usually just do the swings, they are good cardio and if done properly are almost a total body workout. 10 lb will probably be a good weight to start with, I started that day with 25lbs and did 30 reps and it was, shall we say, a big mistake.
  • jpenn2011
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    This is why I wipe down the machines. Gross :sick:

Thank God my YMCA has santizing wipe dispensers all over, I always wipe down before and after because who knows if the guy before me did or if he is 3 day stinky gym clothes like me lol

• jpenn2011
    Options
    funjen1972 wrote: »
    I wear the same stinky workout clothes for several days without washing. Ewww gross, I know. Always change my socks though lol

No, no, no.
    I got MRSA from the gym when I was 19 (in college.) I was a healthy person, and I got it because someone didn't wipe off gym equipment.
    I have to shower right after the gym and throw all my clothes in the wash.
    But I do sweat buckets during each session. Lovely family trait.

This is why you always wipe down the machine before AND after use. Again thankfully my Y provides sanitizing wipes for just that reason. Regardless of whether this is my second day in these clothes at the gym I'm going to sweat again so there really isn't a difference.
  • jpenn2011
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »
    Here is my confession: 90% of the time I make my dinner different then what I make for my family, most of the time I eat the same thing day after day, BUT I like it, lol.

I do the same thing... and it's usually delicious and my husband won't eat it so yay! more leftovers for me tomorrow :)