Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Confession: I swam my personal best of 80 lengths today (2km or 1.25 miles) which I am super pleased about. In less good news, I have already eaten about 1000 calories today (it's 1.30pm here) which leaves me about 500 for the day, which I am not so pleased about! Swimming makes me hungry.

That is awesome! Good for you! I'm also curious about your confession.
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Had my interview this morning, went well, asked when they were looking to hire, they said they had an internal candidate that was on vacation that they needed to see, so I won't find out until next week.

Talent acquisition double booked the interview slot so I was in the waiting room with a competitor, he was wearing jeans and a puffy jacket. . . . .jeans and a puffy jacket.

Wow, well that's good for you! :wink:

I still remember when I was 18 and working at Arby's a girl came in for an interview in jeans, a sweatshirt and carrying a drink from another restaurant. I mean, I get that Arby's is no way a professional dress type of place, but bringing food/drink into an interview should be an obvious 'don't'.

I remember having management tease me after I started working at Old Navy. I came in my interview clothes...full suit and heels, because to me..that's what you do for an interview. Nearly everyone else I ever saw came in in like, jeans and flip flops.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I woke up once and kicked my husband because he'd been cheating on me in my dream.

I've had many dreams where I wake up and it still feels like whatever I was dreaming about really happened for a few minutes. I've woken up mad at my partner too many times, it's hard to shake it sometimes!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    lalabrucey wrote: »
    I dreamed last night that I was attending Kurt Cobain's funeral but had to keep introducing myself as his first wife before he was famous and we drifted apart and moved on. When I woke up I was genuinely sad and exhausted from the ceremony but was glad that I caught up with Courtney.... weird huh!
    This made me laugh, because I not infrequently have dreams where my family is close personal friends with Brad, Angie and all the Jolie-Pitt kids. We hang out for BBQs etc. Sometimes Brad is a bit over-friendly, but I can handle him.
    I tend to wake up feeling a bit disappointed when I realise it isn't real.

Oh, that is too funny! I don't think I'm ever going to catch up on this thread. But, I'm super happy it is alive and well.
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I woke up once and kicked my husband because he'd been cheating on me in my dream.

I woke up to my husband beating me with a pillow. When I yelled at him he told me my blanket was on fire. Yup, he was dreaming and was trying to put the fire out with his pillow.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Had my interview this morning, went well, asked when they were looking to hire, they said they had an internal candidate that was on vacation that they needed to see, so I won't find out until next week.

Talent acquisition double booked the interview slot so I was in the waiting room with a competitor, he was wearing jeans and a puffy jacket. . . . .jeans and a puffy jacket.

Oh my. To an interview?! Doesn't sound like he was much "competition" then. Glad it went well and I hope you hear something back soon!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    @mohousdon I was trying to go back to your original post but must have missed it in my rapid fire catch up reading. I Just wanted to say how sorry I am. My sister miscarried her second child, and we were all devastated. My mom lost multiple babies between her 1st and 2nd child (RH factor problem) but she ended up with 5 total and my sister eventually had a 2nd child. Joining the virtual hug crowd. Take care of yourself & your family!

Thank you, @pofoster21 . When the timing is right, I'm sure it will happen for her. Now just wasn't that time. Thanks for the hug too. :)

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options

I woke up to my husband beating me with a pillow. When I yelled at him he told me my blanket was on fire. Yup, he was dreaming and was trying to put the fire out with his pillow.
    Well, on the plus side, at least he didn't abandon house and leave you to put the fire out on your own.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Not to ruin the vibe or anything, but my husband texted me a little while ago and told me my step-daughter had a miscarriage. I am really sad for her and especially sad for my husband. He was so looking forward to becoming a grandpa. I am a little sad too as I had just started warming up to the idea of being MoNana or GrandMo. :(

I'm sorry to hear about this. Miscarriages are awful.

Thank you. Yes, they are. I haven't talked to my step-daughter yet, but my husband said she didn't respond to any of his texts yesterday. I'm going to give her a few days and then reach out to her.

• Tubbs216
    Options
    fitfatty88 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »

Wow, well that's good for you! :wink:

I still remember when I was 18 and working at Arby's a girl came in for an interview in jeans, a sweatshirt and carrying a drink from another restaurant. I mean, I get that Arby's is no way a professional dress type of place, but bringing food/drink into an interview should be an obvious 'don't'.

I remember having management tease me after I started working at Old Navy. I came in my interview clothes...full suit and heels, because to me..that's what you do for an interview. Nearly everyone else I ever saw came in in like, jeans and flip flops.
    You mean you dressed nicely and they HIRED you??
    (I agree, that's what you do for an interview. Maybe my kids will be at an advantage there, because there's NO way I would let them go to an interview dressed in jeans and clutching their mobile phones.)
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Not to ruin the vibe or anything, but my husband texted me a little while ago and told me my step-daughter had a miscarriage. I am really sad for her and especially sad for my husband. He was so looking forward to becoming a grandpa. I am a little sad too as I had just started warming up to the idea of being MoNana or GrandMo. :(

So sorry for your loss

Thank you.

• Tubbs216
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    lalabrucey wrote: »
    I dreamed last night that I was attending Kurt Cobain's funeral but had to keep introducing myself as his first wife before he was famous and we drifted apart and moved on. When I woke up I was genuinely sad and exhausted from the ceremony but was glad that I caught up with Courtney.... weird huh!
    This made me laugh, because I not infrequently have dreams where my family is close personal friends with Brad, Angie and all the Jolie-Pitt kids. We hang out for BBQs etc. Sometimes Brad is a bit over-friendly, but I can handle him.
    I tend to wake up feeling a bit disappointed when I realise it isn't real.

Oh, that is too funny! I don't think I'm ever going to catch up on this thread. But, I'm super happy it is alive and well.
    I skip whole swathes of pages if it goes to fast for me.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Usually at work I wear hoodies and dickies, because, I buy the food but I also manage the warehouse and I'm not going to tear my dress shirts and slacks throwing pallets around. So I had my interview this morning, but it also coincides with the 20th anniversary at the company I currently work for. So everyone's like "ERMAGERD WHY ARE YOU DRESSED UP" and I'm like "20th anniversary?"

They're buying it.

WIN! Plus, it makes them look bad for not remembering and dressing for the occasion!
  • Patriots96
    Patriots96 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I AM FAT and it is making me very depressed. Am trying to lose weight again. I lose it then regain it. I secretly feel like I am meant to be fat since my body always goes back to it. I am lonely but act like I am fine. Looking for over 40 ladies to join me in my journey. Am type 1 diabetic too on a pump and cgm
  • MoHousdon
    Options

I am so sorry for your and your family's loss.

Thank you.

• MoHousdon
    Options
    Sorry for your loss.

Thank you.

• MoHousdon
    Options
    My confession: I never EVER eat breakfast. I never log my exercises so i dont eat back the calories. I will pull the cheese off over everything (unnecessary calories). If it has bread, I will remove most of it. I will skip meals if I ate too much. Whenever I over eat, I move thoes calories to the next day and work with whatever calories I have left. Some of these are good habits some are not I know. But I also know how my own body feels and what I personally can handle. :blush:

I have to disagree that cheese calories are unnecessary. Just like bread calories. I do not understand this foreign concept.

• annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options

Ahahahahaha
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Patriots96 wrote: »
    I AM FAT and it is making me very depressed. Am trying to lose weight again. I lose it then regain it. I secretly feel like I am meant to be fat since my body always goes back to it. I am lonely but act like I am fine. Looking for over 40 ladies to join me in my journey. Am type 1 diabetic too on a pump and cgm

No. You are a beautiful woman who has some weight that she would like to lose.

Many of us here have lost and regained multiple times. It can be frustrating, but try not to let it get you down. You've lost before so you know you can do it again. A lot of people on here on incredibly supportive so don't be afraid to reach out :smile:
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    oh.em.gee.

I can't keep up with this thread- it gives me anxiety when I'm away!

Awww I know how you feel. Every morning when I log in i am greeted to about 200 posts! I'm falling behind at work because of this!

I am too! Especially with the boyfriend visiting from the UK I rarely use my phone when he's in town so it makes keeping up with this thread that much harder!