Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• jjmusgrave
    jjmusgrave Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Finally made it through this post.
    Confession: Anyone expert or not, who makes the statement that muscle weighs more than fat drives me crazy. No, that is not true. A pound of fat weighs the same as a pound of muscle. What they are trying to say is that muscle has less VOLUME/MASS than fat. Which is why you need to take measurements when trying to lose weight. So when you plateau you can still see a difference. I instantly lose all respect for anyone giving weight loss advice if they say this and pretty much ignore anything else they might be saying even if it is true.
    Thanks for reading my rant and lesson for the day.

• AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Confession: I'm currently on crutches and the people who ignore me as I'm trying to open a heavy door while at work are making me angry.

At least on the other side of that, there have been good people who go out of their way to try to help. That at least gives me back some hope for humanity.

There is a lady at work with a broken leg in a wheelchair. I offered to help her a couple of times and she got pissy. So let's blame her as the reason no one is helping you. :p

I broke my foot with some pretty terrible nerve damage, I still get white hot pain when I put my shoes on. This was in september 2 1/2 years ago. I can steel feel the pain of breaking my foot in my mind, and how slow-mo the snaps of all my little bones in my foot. I don't walk with a limp and I'm a pretty avid runner, but man o man, the thought of even rolling my ankle keeps me awake at night, let alone breaking it again. I was pretty lucky, my job was super accommodating, had a wheelchair accessible for me for the first few weeks until I insisted on being able to use crutches.

Hopefully that'll never happen again, to anyone ever.
  • itscattopaz
    itscattopaz Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Confession? I don't need to lose weight and have been recommended not to but I am obsessed with losing anyway...I'm in the low end of healthy for my height and I hate that I can't let myself eat but I love seeing the number go down..
  • fat2fitshley
    fat2fitshley Posts: 50 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Confession: I lost 16 pounds with MFP 2 years ago and I was really feeling good about myself until my friends and family started making negative comments about my weight loss and it killed my motivation. Comments like I was making them feel bad about themselves, I was anorexic, or go eat a cheeseburger (which I did eat cheeseburgers a lot! I love them!). I was still eating 1800-1900 calories so it really wasn't true at all.

I ended up gaining back all 16 pounds and more. Now I'm the heaviest I've ever been at 134 and looking to lose 20-24 pounds.

I just tried on all my summer shorts and none fit, so I'm pretty upset with myself.

ETA: examples of comments made.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    lkrause74 wrote: »
    Not sure if this is a confession or not but I wear sweat pants and a loose t-shirt when I workout. I have quite a belly on me which Im terribly embarrassed about and so the sweat pants and t-shirt hide that.

Oh all the way! I wear a Lycra top underneath to lessen the wobble. Caught myself in the mirror yesterday while doing a plank. Yes, I did hold it for 60 seconds!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,717 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Confession: I'm currently on crutches and the people who ignore me as I'm trying to open a heavy door while at work are making me angry.

At least on the other side of that, there have been good people who go out of their way to try to help. That at least gives me back some hope for humanity.

There is a lady at work with a broken leg in a wheelchair. I offered to help her a couple of times and she got pissy. So let's blame her as the reason no one is helping you. :p

I broke my foot with some pretty terrible nerve damage, I still get white hot pain when I put my shoes on. This was in september 2 1/2 years ago. I can steel feel the pain of breaking my foot in my mind, and how slow-mo the snaps of all my little bones in my foot. I don't walk with a limp and I'm a pretty avid runner, but man o man, the thought of even rolling my ankle keeps me awake at night, let alone breaking it again. I was pretty lucky, my job was super accommodating, had a wheelchair accessible for me for the first few weeks until I insisted on being able to use crutches.

Hopefully that'll never happen again, to anyone ever.

Ouch! How did you break it? Just your description made me squirm.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Patriots96 wrote: »
    I AM FAT and it is making me very depressed. Am trying to lose weight again. I lose it then regain it. I secretly feel like I am meant to be fat since my body always goes back to it. I am lonely but act like I am fine. Looking for over 40 ladies to join me in my journey. Am type 1 diabetic too on a pump and cgm

I am a type one diabetic on MDI....do not forget that most rapid insulins cause weight gain....it is an uphill battle, so do not get down on yourself, just do the best you can.....I am only 39 :p

I have been diabetic 27+ years.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Confession? I don't need to lose weight and have been recommended not to but I am obsessed with losing anyway...I'm in the low end of healthy for my height and I hate that I can't let myself eat but I love seeing the number go down..

I'm sorry. Are you getting professional help with this? You don't want to permanently damage your health.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Confession: I lost 16 pounds with MFP 2 years ago and I was really feeling good about myself until my friends and family started making negative comments about my weight loss (I was still eating roughly 1800-1900 calories a day) and it killed my motivation. I ended up gaining back all 16 pounds and more. Now I'm the heaviest I've ever been at 134 and looking to lose 20-24 pounds.

I just tried on all my summer shorts and none fit, so I'm pretty upset with myself.

Hopefully this time you won't let their (or anyone's) comments get to you! It's not worth it. Did you address this with them? I hope you let them know and will not let them affect you negatively anymore.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    My confession: I never EVER eat breakfast. I never log my exercises so i dont eat back the calories. I will pull the cheese off over everything (unnecessary calories). If it has bread, I will remove most of it. I will skip meals if I ate too much. Whenever I over eat, I move thoes calories to the next day and work with whatever calories I have left. Some of these are good habits some are not I know. But I also know how my own body feels and what I personally can handle. :blush:

I have to disagree that cheese calories are unnecessary. Just like bread calories. I do not understand this foreign concept.

One of the best foods ever - CHEESE BREAD - definitely necessary calories in my book!

Cheese is the second most important food product in my life.

Only second?!?!?!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    jjmusgrave wrote: »
    Finally made it through this post.
    Confession: Anyone expert or not, who makes the statement that muscle weighs more than fat drives me crazy. No, that is not true. A pound of fat weighs the same as a pound of muscle. What they are trying to say is that muscle has less VOLUME/MASS than fat. Which is why you need to take measurements when trying to lose weight. So when you plateau you can still see a difference. I instantly lose all respect for anyone giving weight loss advice if they say this and pretty much ignore anything else they might be saying even if it is true.
    Thanks for reading my rant and lesson for the day.

This makes me crazy too, but because it's implied when comparing two things by weight that you're comparing their weight per volume. Feathers and lead, you know... next you'll tell me they weigh the same too ..
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    My confession: I never EVER eat breakfast. I never log my exercises so i dont eat back the calories. I will pull the cheese off over everything (unnecessary calories). If it has bread, I will remove most of it. I will skip meals if I ate too much. Whenever I over eat, I move thoes calories to the next day and work with whatever calories I have left. Some of these are good habits some are not I know. But I also know how my own body feels and what I personally can handle. :blush:

I have to disagree that cheese calories are unnecessary. Just like bread calories. I do not understand this foreign concept.

One of the best foods ever - CHEESE BREAD - definitely necessary calories in my book!

Only second?!?!?!

After chocolate, I hope!
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

2. I bought more ice cream at Giant today even though I already had around 4-5 in the freezer already. Darn Giant & their buy two Ben & Jerry's ice creams for $6.00 & get a free insulated bag.[/quote]

i did this too!
    my reasoning it as "but it's such a great deal and i don't have a freezer bag!"
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    If you are a praying person, I am asking for some right now. If not a praying person, maybe send some good vibes. My sister's sister-in-law is 30 weeks pregnant, after 5 attempts at IVF. On Sunday, she was having issues with her kidneys, so yesterday they decided to go and put in some drains. While under anesthetic, she vomited and aspirated. Due to lack of oxygen, she is now in a coma and has been placed on life support. The family was all called last night and the Dr's basically admitted they were keeping he alive as long as they can for the baby's sake, but there is little to no brain activity. Now a baby that was wished for, for so long, is likely not going to have a Mama. Miracles do happen, and we could really use one today!

Positive vibes your direction. I'm so so sorry! :(
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options

Only second?!?!?!

After chocolate, I hope!

After cake! (Bread is third, for the record).
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    If you are a praying person, I am asking for some right now. If not a praying person, maybe send some good vibes. My sister's sister-in-law is 30 weeks pregnant, after 5 attempts at IVF. On Sunday, she was having issues with her kidneys, so yesterday they decided to go and put in some drains. While under anesthetic, she vomited and aspirated. Due to lack of oxygen, she is now in a coma and has been placed on life support. The family was all called last night and the Dr's basically admitted they were keeping he alive as long as they can for the baby's sake, but there is little to no brain activity. Now a baby that was wished for, for so long, is likely not going to have a Mama. Miracles do happen, and we could really use one today!

Oh No! Prayers and hugs to you and yours.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Only second?!?!?!

After chocolate, I hope!

After cake! (Bread is third, for the record).

What if we compromise with chocolate cake? ;)
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I had a lot of people stare at me when I was in a wheelchair and a lot of people ask me what happened. It was so unnerving. :s

Someone did give me a free brownie at a restaurant though. B)
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I am very sorry to about this.

• 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mjnwriICps1r7ln6qo2_r1_250.gif