Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of crazy about trying to keep my "googleable" internet presence at a minimum. I have an uncommon first time and my married name literally only exists amongst my husband's family (it was bastardized when they immigrated)... So there is no anonymity at all. I have my social media privacy settings all cranked up, and I don't use my last name on Facebook.

I use my dog as my avatar because I got a few creeper requests from guys who have like, 500 female friends and their every status was like "where my boos at". It just seemed easier to change my picture. Surprisingly, no creeper requests anymore ;)

I'm afraid to confess anything too earth shattering, just in case someone I know irl wanders in here and recognizes me :neutral: [/quote]

I think we might be related. If I google my last name, every single person that comes up is related to my husband. And the name was bastardized when they immigrated (or so I've been told). Now I want to know who you are :smile:
  • girlperson666
    girlperson666 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    while i was putting groceries away, i took a swig of mrs buttersworth straight from the bottle. :|
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of crazy about trying to keep my "googleable" internet presence at a minimum. I have an uncommon first time and my married name literally only exists amongst my husband's family (it was bastardized when they immigrated)... So there is no anonymity at all. I have my social media privacy settings all cranked up, and I don't use my last name on Facebook.

I use my dog as my avatar because I got a few creeper requests from guys who have like, 500 female friends and their every status was like "where my boos at". It just seemed easier to change my picture. Surprisingly, no creeper requests anymore ;)

I'm afraid to confess anything too earth shattering, just in case someone I know irl wanders in here and recognizes me :neutral:

And I've warned the kids about the same thing. I tell them not to use their real last names on any social media site. Anyone with the last name and city could SO easily track them to our location.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    You know that terrible feeling when you think you've eaten 8 mini snickers which is 2 servings, but you've really eaten 8 fun size snickers and it's twice as many calories and twice as many servings.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    You know that terrible feeling when you think you've eaten 8 mini snickers which is 2 servings, but you've really eaten 8 fun size snickers and it's twice as many calories and twice as many servings.

You just pre-ate them for tomorrow is all
  • Britxclarity
    Britxclarity Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Talkradio wrote: »
    Whoa, sorry for all the back to back posts. I'll throw in a confession:

I kind of wish I had been a little more wild when I was younger. I met my husband when I was 20 and we got married at 22. He was really square when we met, so even though I had done some stupid stuff up until then, I stopped once we were together. I feel like I missed out.

Sigh, I have been out of this site for 2 days, I am afraid of how much I have to catch up on but... for this... I was always super square and introverted and way too serious. I wish to this day I could be more wild and fun. But I can't even last beyond a few drinks and its like...sorry gotta go to bed! Plus I don't get wild and crazy when I drink, I just want to talk. And I don't like crowds, parties or being up late... I get self conscious, withdraw into myself and tired. I am best with 1 or 2 friends at dinner or something, then I have a ton of fun. But I do envy people who are partiers. Just not in my nature I guess.

I am the same way sadly.. though I do like to stay up late. It makes me wonder if I will ever meet someone who will even WANT to become a husband to me. So you are lucky in my eyes ;]
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Heh, I usually end up taking a dump an hour or two after weighing myself in the morning.

I was so relieved to go to the bathroom on Monday since I was constipated for almost a week. I weighed myself in the morning & weighed 153 & lost a pound after finally pooping.

THANK GOD for prunes & a ton of water.

I confess that that once while shopping with my mom I farted in a thrift store & my mom thought it was a little old lady who stunk up the store.
  • Britxclarity
    Britxclarity Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    kayfaei wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Oh sheesh um...
    I can't eat peanut butter because I have really crappy self control;

I hid the peanut butter from my teenage daughter because she will eat half the jar in one sitting. She is slender and healthy and fine but then she rants about how mad she is at herself for eating so much... I hide it under a bag of lettuce in the veggie drawer -- she didn't look there.

:wink:
    That just made me LOL. the one place she will never look :) And I have to ask - is peanut butter wrong to eat while trying to lose weight? I'm just asking cause I've seen so many people mention it.

I am very weird.. I actually do NOT like peanut butter unless its a Reese's peanut butter cup -.- I have honestly tried crunchy, creamy peanut butter, tried it with bananas and honey,etc etc i just don't like it. However.. when I have a sweet craving I eat Two tablespoons of Reese's chocolate peanut butter spread.. The best 190 cal's ever.

But should I stay away from peanut butter?

I am way behind on this thread right now, (took 4 days off and been reading all day and still 10 pages back) but you should try Peanut Butter and Co White Chocolate Wonderful, it is fewer calories than most peanut butters and so yummy! And it is not bad to eat Peanut butter it is just that you get so little for so many calories is why people have trouble with it.

Thank you I will try that! and yeah.. 190 is ALOT for two table spoons.. lol
  • overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    while i was putting groceries away, i took a swig of mrs buttersworth straight from the bottle. :|

That Mrs. Butterworth is a saucy little minx, isn't she? ;) My mother's people are from Vermont so maple syrup is in my veins and a weakness for me (though my ancestors would probably turn over in their graves if they knew I didn't buy the pure stuff). I love a good pancake, but really, it's just a vehicle for the syrup.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Oh sheesh um...
    I can't eat peanut butter because I have really crappy self control;

I hid the peanut butter from my teenage daughter because she will eat half the jar in one sitting. She is slender and healthy and fine but then she rants about how mad she is at herself for eating so much... I hide it under a bag of lettuce in the veggie drawer -- she didn't look there.

:wink:
    That just made me LOL. the one place she will never look :) And I have to ask - is peanut butter wrong to eat while trying to lose weight? I'm just asking cause I've seen so many people mention it.

I am very weird.. I actually do NOT like peanut butter unless its a Reese's peanut butter cup -.- I have honestly tried crunchy, creamy peanut butter, tried it with bananas and honey,etc etc i just don't like it. However.. when I have a sweet craving I eat Two tablespoons of Reese's chocolate peanut butter spread.. The best 190 cal's ever.

But should I stay away from peanut butter?

I am way behind on this thread right now, (took 4 days off and been reading all day and still 10 pages back) but you should try Peanut Butter and Co White Chocolate Wonderful, it is fewer calories than most peanut butters and so yummy! And it is not bad to eat Peanut butter it is just that you get so little for so many calories is why people have trouble with it.

Thank you I will try that! and yeah.. 190 is ALOT for two table spoons.. lol
    fx7z1b46k5gm.png

• SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    My confession (I guess it's a confession?) is that I really hate bright lights and loud noises. I have extremely good hearing, so when people who are hard of hearing talk to me it can be so loud that it's physically painful, but they don't understand what I'm complaining about.
    ... So of course it makes 1000% logical sense that I can blast metal so loudly that my family complains but for some reason it's never uncomfortable.
    Also I've been freaking out constantly for about a week about a presentation I have to give for class this friday while doing nothing to prepare. This should be fun.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    lmatlick wrote: »
    If I know I've been really, really bad in terms of calorie intake, I'll spread it out over a few days in my diary. I occasionally end up eating after midnight, and if so, I log it on the next day's entry.

I sometimes do the same thing, but usually I end up saying screwing it & then deleting the binge calories out of the other days LOL!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I'm probably dredging too far into the past here (could even be page numbers that were still double digits), but there are STILL houses in my neighbourhood with Christmas decorations out - wreaths on doors, garlands on porches not just a few lights.... god but that chocolate pouring gif is distracting...

I can solve the chocolate distraction

tumblr_mvb4diA8ul1shbg4mo1_500.gif

That's hypnotic.

I confess that all the 'I need to lose Xlbs by X date' posts are really starting to grate.

But, I NEEEEEEED to lose 30 lbs by Memorial Day! ;)

I think it's more irritating when it's something they've known about for a while. I have more sympathy for just found out I have to speak at an event in 6 weeks than I do for have to get ready to look good for my wedding next month that I've known about for a year and a half. Kind of like those people who are surprised by Christmas every year, even though it hasn't moved.
    I was engaged and married within 6 weeks, so I had to do that and YES I TOTALLY CRASH-DIETED. 15lbs in 6 weeks. I also made my own wedding dress, so I knew I would be able to make it fit.
  • mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    One time my boyfriend tried to spoon me while we were sleeping and I woke up in a panic because I thought it was some guy at work trying to grope me. I've pushed him away a few times because of this, which usually begins a round of sleepy ''Oh no, I'm sorry!''

Confession: When I have nothing in the fridge to eat, my hunger/cravings seem to disappear with the food. If there is bread or basically ANYTHING I can just grab (apples, cold chicken breast, green onions), I find myself constantly wanting to eat something. Right now all we have in the place is a ham that I don't feel like cutting up... and eggs I don't feel like cooking. Though some soup is sounding really, really good. Going to the grocery store tomorrow and I'm going to be planning out some dinners for the week!!!

My family often joke, there is no food in the house, only ingredients :(
  • Sch614
    Sch614 Posts: 73 Member
    Options

Francl27 wrote: »
    ... Had 250 calories left after that, figured I'd just leave them to make up for being 800 over yesterday... then I remembered the cookies. Whatever, I'll make up for yesterday tomorrow...

Funny! Don't you just love math!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Had my interview this morning, went well, asked when they were looking to hire, they said they had an internal candidate that was on vacation that they needed to see, so I won't find out until next week.

Talent acquisition double booked the interview slot so I was in the waiting room with a competitor, he was wearing jeans and a puffy jacket. . . . .jeans and a puffy jacket.

Maybe he thought he was interviewing for an early 2000's music video.

LMAO! Now that's hilarious!

Now if he had Justin Timberlake's old school macaroni hair I'll die!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Not to ruin the vibe or anything, but my husband texted me a little while ago and told me my step-daughter had a miscarriage. I am really sad for her and especially sad for my husband. He was so looking forward to becoming a grandpa. I am a little sad too as I had just started warming up to the idea of being MoNana or GrandMo. :(

So sorry for your loss

Thank you.
    I am so sorry for all involved, especially your step-daughter.
  • nonoelmo
    edited April 2015
    Options
    fitfatty88 wrote: »
    Does the exhaustion ever end??? I am always tired, it's getting to the point where it's my trademark. How am I? TIRED. Always. I hate it... I think my sleeping habits are very poor. Last night I know I woke up about 15 or so times trying to get out of bed to finish "work" that didn't exist.

Sometimes, I'll wake up and while still half-asleep, I'll try to solve problems from my dreams. Like if I'm dreaming about my car breaking down, I won't be able to get totally back to sleep until I figure out where my AAA card is, how I'm going to call for a tow truck, how I'm going to get wherever I'm going (in my dream), etc. It takes me a while to realize, "Um, you're in bed and your car is fine. Go back to sleep."

And I always wish I'd written down some of my dreams. I almost always remember them in the morning, at least for a little while, and some of them are so colorful and vivid, it's amazing. :)
    Same here. The worst for me is when I dream about work or school. I get out of bed trying to find where I put my things, going through my drawers or asking an imaginary co-worker if they need help with something (usually the TV). My boyfriend gets really annoyed sometimes.

"What are you doing?"
    "I'm tryna find the.... the... the... uh. Oh, wait... I was dreaming. Sorry.''

Then the cycle continues! I just remembered that my dad used to do the same thing. One time he was calling for me from his bed, and I ran in and asked him what he was yelling about. He said "The man with the red scarf. Did he leave???'' He kept asking me this and I had to tell him that the man with the red scarf didn't exist, and he eventually said ''Must have been dreaming...'' Like father like daughter, I guess :P

Lol! I haven't been in school for 14 years, and I still dream about missing tests, being late, having a paper/project due that I haven't started. A couple months ago, I woke up at around 3 a.m., certain that I was going to be late to class, so I got dressed and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth. My brother woke up and was like, "Where are you going?"

"I've got to get to class."

"It's 3 a.m. and you're 35. Go back to sleep, idiot."

:D

I haven't been in school for quite some time either, and I'm always dreaming about forgetting the combination to my locker or forgetting where it is altogether or not remembering my class schedule. I never had this problem in school, not sure why I'm dreaming it about it 15 years later.

ETA: The second bolded section, is literally one of the funniest things I've read in here lately. :smiley:

Yesss...I have those dreams ALL the time. I'll be running late to class and not have any shoes on. Or I show up but it's to the wrong class and nobody will help me. Or it's an exam I know NOTHING about. Only high school though...I don't get those kind of dreams like I'm back in college.
    The worst is retail dreams though...*shudder*

During grad school I was teaching lab classes. I (more than once) had a dream where I showed up to teach the first class COMPLETELY naked and without a plan and I threw on a lab-coat and winged the lesson. You'd have thought someone (in my dream) would have stopped me for being naked when I stopped to pick up the class list. Nope, I was the only one who seemed to notice. I also have dreamed that I've gone grocery shopping naked.
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    If you are a praying person, I am asking for some right now. If not a praying person, maybe send some good vibes. My sister's sister-in-law is 30 weeks pregnant, after 5 attempts at IVF. On Sunday, she was having issues with her kidneys, so yesterday they decided to go and put in some drains. While under anesthetic, she vomited and aspirated. Due to lack of oxygen, she is now in a coma and has been placed on life support. The family was all called last night and the Dr's basically admitted they were keeping he alive as long as they can for the baby's sake, but there is little to no brain activity. Now a baby that was wished for, for so long, is likely not going to have a Mama. Miracles do happen, and we could really use one today!

I'm so sorry! Sending positive vibes your/your SIL's way.

So sad. I hope something miraculous happens.
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    If you are a praying person, I am asking for some right now. If not a praying person, maybe send some good vibes. My sister's sister-in-law is 30 weeks pregnant, after 5 attempts at IVF. On Sunday, she was having issues with her kidneys, so yesterday they decided to go and put in some drains. While under anesthetic, she vomited and aspirated. Due to lack of oxygen, she is now in a coma and has been placed on life support. The family was all called last night and the Dr's basically admitted they were keeping he alive as long as they can for the baby's sake, but there is little to no brain activity. Now a baby that was wished for, for so long, is likely not going to have a Mama. Miracles do happen, and we could really use one today!

I Am just catching up on this thread for today so I apologize for not sending you my prayers sooner. I pray your family gets a miracle and that both momma and baby make it through some how.