Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    And yeah, I'm not the best at condolences either, but I am offering virtual support and prayers for everyone who is experiencing such sadness and loss.

Confession: my husband's best friend's father just died and I have no idea what to say to him. My husband lost his own father when he was 10 and his friend's father had been a great source of support for him throughout his life.

Just being a shoulder is sometimes all you can do, I think. I had a friend who told me that I was the best support he had when he lost his close family member. I felt like I didn't really do anything.

This. Just be there for him.
  • marissafit06
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Confession: I just broken my second toilet seat. I really need to speed up this weight loss. OR the toilet seat people need to get there s**t together. I know its the former, but I'm going to pretend it's the latter for the moment...

Definitely the toilet seat's fault.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    sst036 wrote: »
    I want to start a thread to see if anyone noticed an improvement in weight loss following an iron infusion but after the Cheerios thread....I'm afraid. I'm also afraid that people will tell me my forever-plateau is because my diary is closed/I'm not weighing everything/im over estimating my burn calories, when in reality, I weigh everything that isn't a single serve packet (down to the last gram), I eat based on TDEE and just let the exercise calories tally up because it makes me feel all powerful to know I have 500-600 calories before I go into the red.

Instead I'm going to eat my two squares (18g) of Whittakers Ghana Peppermint chocolate. Dairy free deliciousness ftw!

Is Cheerios chick back?!?!?!?!?

I frickin' hope not! She makes me crazy.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Confession: I just broken my second toilet seat. I really need to speed up this weight loss. OR the toilet seat people need to get there s**t together. I know its the former, but I'm going to pretend it's the latter for the moment...

Definitely the toilet seat's fault.

Of course! :neutral: There is no workmanship in anything these days, just cheap poor quality toilet seats that just aren't up to the correct standards. :wink:
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    If you are a praying person, I am asking for some right now. If not a praying person, maybe send some good vibes. My sister's sister-in-law is 30 weeks pregnant, after 5 attempts at IVF. On Sunday, she was having issues with her kidneys, so yesterday they decided to go and put in some drains. While under anesthetic, she vomited and aspirated. Due to lack of oxygen, she is now in a coma and has been placed on life support. The family was all called last night and the Dr's basically admitted they were keeping he alive as long as they can for the baby's sake, but there is little to no brain activity. Now a baby that was wished for, for so long, is likely not going to have a Mama. Miracles do happen, and we could really use one today!

Oh, I don't have words... praying!

eeyle3jb27kd.gif

@ladybuggnorris this broke my heart. :'( I will pray that God gives your family strength and wisdom in such a difficult situation. I'll also pray for a strong and healthy baby that will so incredibly loved when it joins this world. Hugs, my friend.!

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    My step-daughter came over last night and she was talking to her dad about what happened with the pregnancy. I'm such a terrible person, I didn't say anything. No comforting words, no words of encouragement, nothing. A big fat NOTHING. I wish I wasn't so awkward around her. We're not close (we just started getting to see her late last year because her mother is a hose beast that kept her away) and I don't want to overstep my boundaries with her. I wish I would or could have said something though...
  • quiksylver296
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    My step-daughter came over last night and she was talking to her dad about what happened with the pregnancy. I'm such a terrible person, I didn't say anything. No comforting words, no words of encouragement, nothing. A big fat NOTHING. I wish I wasn't so awkward around her. We're not close (we just started getting to see her late last year because her mother is a hose beast that kept her away) and I don't want to overstep my boundaries with her. I wish I would or could have said something though...

That is so hard. I never know what to say.
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member

I desperately want to incorporate "hose beast" into my vocabulary. Please elaborate.

• marissafit06

You're not a terrible person. That's a hard position to be in and your heart was in the right place. At some point you'll find the words. <3
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,523 Member
    So where to begin;
    - I can't eat bad stuff in moderation, open bag of revels is an empty bag of revels
    - I spread the portions across several days to make me feel better
    - I put in exercise to stay in the green for the day and then do the exercise the next day
    - If I lose more than I expect I only log the planned loss to give me a head start on next week (and avoid fluctuations
    - And the real confession, I got so fed up of 'Mr Perfect' at the gym, who doesn't work there, constantly offering advice and then laughing about it with others, not to mention that he strolls round the changing room naked for at least 20 minutes so I broke into his locker and put ground rose hips in his boxers

I know I am a bad boy, I will go and stand in the corner
  • quiksylver296
    xMrBunglex wrote: »

I desperately want to incorporate "hose beast" into my vocabulary. Please elaborate.

Hose beast - an undesirable female, either by her appearance or personality. Popularized by the movie Wayne's World.. 90's slang
  • quiksylver296
    We are taking our Administrative Assistant out for lunch as it is Administrative Professional's Day, and this is what she chose. Everything looks delicious and I'm not sure I'll make the healthiest choice.

http://www.10barrel.com/uploads/boise-pub/PDF/2.14.15.pdf

• sapphire1166
    sapphire1166 Posts: 114 Member
    Confession: at my fattest, when I sit on the toilet to go #2 I have to grab my cheeks and spread them apart so...well, you know why.
  • samhennings
    samhennings Posts: 441 Member
    xMrBunglex wrote: »

Hose beast - an undesirable female, either by her appearance or personality. Popularized by the movie Wayne's World.. 90's slang

Wasnt Waynes World "Psycho hose beast"? Its been years since I saw that so sand to be corrected!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member

That's a tough situation. I'm really awkward in situations like that too--it sounds like you are trying to respect her boundaries but it's so hard to guess what will help or be the right thing to do.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member

Because I' m a dude and I call it as I see it . The confessions thread was flooded with pity posts and you're not even close to her so you have no emotional attachment to her or a step-baby. Seems annoying. just sayin.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    sst036 wrote: »
    I want to start a thread to see if anyone noticed an improvement in weight loss following an iron infusion but after the Cheerios thread....I'm afraid. I'm also afraid that people will tell me my forever-plateau is because my diary is closed/I'm not weighing everything/im over estimating my burn calories, when in reality, I weigh everything that isn't a single serve packet (down to the last gram), I eat based on TDEE and just let the exercise calories tally up because it makes me feel all powerful to know I have 500-600 calories before I go into the red.

Instead I'm going to eat my two squares (18g) of Whittakers Ghana Peppermint chocolate. Dairy free deliciousness ftw!

Just so you know, everyone went off on that poster because she's posted at least five or six times with the same subject and asking about different foods. One of the ones before the Cheerios read something like... "Will my iron level improve if I eat three ounces of turkey meatballs a day?". She then shot down everyone who dared to suggest that it WOULDN'T significantly improve, and also yelled at posters that suggested having meat instead (due to its having much more iron), and also yelled some more at the posters that told her that she was getting the nutrition info wrong because turkey only has X amount of protein in Y amount... You get the idea. :)
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member

That's a coincidence, my husband's ex is also a hose beast.
    I'm really sick of paying an attorney so a judge can tell her to knock it off. Over and over and over.
  • quiksylver296

That's a coincidence, my husband's ex is also a hose beast.
    I'm really sick of paying an attorney so a judge can tell her to knock it off. Over and over and over.

Weird, so is my husband's. Seems to be a trend. :p
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    So where to begin;
    - I can't eat bad stuff in moderation, open bag of revels is an empty bag of revels
    - I spread the portions across several days to make me feel better
    - I put in exercise to stay in the green for the day and then do the exercise the next day
    - If I lose more than I expect I only log the planned loss to give me a head start on next week (and avoid fluctuations
    - And the real confession, I got so fed up of 'Mr Perfect' at the gym, who doesn't work there, constantly offering advice and then laughing about it with others, not to mention that he strolls round the changing room naked for at least 20 minutes so I broke into his locker and put ground rose hips in his boxers

I know I am a bad boy, I will go and stand in the corner

Educate me please @TheMrWobbly : what effect does this have?