Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    lkrause74 wrote: »
    Not sure if this is a confession or not but I wear sweat pants and a loose t-shirt when I workout. I have quite a belly on me which Im terribly embarrassed about and so the sweat pants and t-shirt hide that.

Pretty sure most of us started working out in baggy clothes. I know I did ages ago. But, the important thing is as you make progress change your workout clothes to things that are comfortable and make you feel good! It's great motivation.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I woke up once and kicked my husband because he'd been cheating on me in my dream.

I don't often remember my dreams but the ones I do often involve a cheating SO. This is really weird, especially considering I've never had a partner who cheated, to my knowledge.

After one of those dreams, I'm always sort of vaguely pissed off at the guy for the day. Lol.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    If you are a praying person, I am asking for some right now. If not a praying person, maybe send some good vibes. My sister's sister-in-law is 30 weeks pregnant, after 5 attempts at IVF. On Sunday, she was having issues with her kidneys, so yesterday they decided to go and put in some drains. While under anesthetic, she vomited and aspirated. Due to lack of oxygen, she is now in a coma and has been placed on life support. The family was all called last night and the Dr's basically admitted they were keeping he alive as long as they can for the baby's sake, but there is little to no brain activity. Now a baby that was wished for, for so long, is likely not going to have a Mama. Miracles do happen, and we could really use one today!

Praying for a miracle!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    If you are a praying person, I am asking for some right now. If not a praying person, maybe send some good vibes. My sister's sister-in-law is 30 weeks pregnant, after 5 attempts at IVF. On Sunday, she was having issues with her kidneys, so yesterday they decided to go and put in some drains. While under anesthetic, she vomited and aspirated. Due to lack of oxygen, she is now in a coma and has been placed on life support. The family was all called last night and the Dr's basically admitted they were keeping he alive as long as they can for the baby's sake, but there is little to no brain activity. Now a baby that was wished for, for so long, is likely not going to have a Mama. Miracles do happen, and we could really use one today!

Praying for a miracle!

x100 definitely sending good thoughts
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options

Oh, I don't have words... praying!

eeyle3jb27kd.gif
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Not to ruin the vibe or anything, but my husband texted me a little while ago and told me my step-daughter had a miscarriage. I am really sad for her and especially sad for my husband. He was so looking forward to becoming a grandpa. I am a little sad too as I had just started warming up to the idea of being MoNana or GrandMo. :(

that is aweful mo. Sorry to hear that.

Thanks, mel.

• MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options

Sending tons and tons of good vibes to you and your family! My heart aches reading this!
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Had my interview this morning, went well, asked when they were looking to hire, they said they had an internal candidate that was on vacation that they needed to see, so I won't find out until next week.

Talent acquisition double booked the interview slot so I was in the waiting room with a competitor, he was wearing jeans and a puffy jacket. . . . .jeans and a puffy jacket.

There's a real professional right there...

I LOVE watching people coming in to interview at the agency! It's always mind blowing how many people do not know the proper attire to wear for an interview!

That reminds me of when I got married at the courthouse. The judge said that people come in there in cutoff shorts, tank tops and flip flops, sometimes even bikini tops with no shirt. I live in a state with a 3 day waiting period, so it's not like they just decided that minute to go get married. Cracked me up.

That's not surprising! I worked over at our court house for awhile and I couldn't believe what people showed up in to go in front of a judge..seriously, ripped jeans, pajama bottoms, flip flops. I'd send you to jail for showing up in my court room looking like that forget the charge of speeding or driving drunk!

Yeah, really. The one time I got a speeding ticket and had to go before a judge I was so terrified ( I was maybe 19), and I wore the nicest clothes I had. You could tell who was scared crapless like me, and who was just having another Wednesday for sure.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Confession: I felt total bada$$ at the gym last night. Not because of the amount of weight I lifted, either. When I got to the gym, there was a guy benching in the squat rack (which is fine, because there is no bench rack at my gym). I like to start with squats, but whatever, I started with my deadlift - 195 pounds, BTW! Guy was still in the squat rack, so I moved onto OHP from the floor. So, I had to clean the bar before I could OHP (which I kinda liked and may do from now on). Guy is still in the squat rack. So I went and did some extra biceps curls and tricep extensions. Guy is still in the squat rack. We're talking 30 minutes or so he's been in there, doing really slow bench with really long breaks between sets. At one of his breaks, I finally ask him "You gonna be much longer?" He says, "I'm done," and walks out of the gym. He didn't just leave the squat rack, he left the whole gym! He left the weights on the bar and everything. I didn't know I was that scary! LOL

I have another gym confession from last night, but I'm gonna post it later so this doesn't become TL:DR

I've seen this several times and have no idea what it means.

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options

Oh my goodness. This brought tears to my eyes. I'm not the praying type, but you are definitely in my thoughts.
  • berlynnwall
    Options

That is heartbreaking. Im sorry your family is going through that.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Patriots96 wrote: »
    I AM FAT and it is making me very depressed. Am trying to lose weight again. I lose it then regain it. I secretly feel like I am meant to be fat since my body always goes back to it. I am lonely but act like I am fine. Looking for over 40 ladies to join me in my journey. Am type 1 diabetic too on a pump and cgm

This is a great group for support from people who know what you are going through.
    Fifty Plus or So Support Group

You can do this!
  • berlynnwall
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Confession: I felt total bada$$ at the gym last night. Not because of the amount of weight I lifted, either. When I got to the gym, there was a guy benching in the squat rack (which is fine, because there is no bench rack at my gym). I like to start with squats, but whatever, I started with my deadlift - 195 pounds, BTW! Guy was still in the squat rack, so I moved onto OHP from the floor. So, I had to clean the bar before I could OHP (which I kinda liked and may do from now on). Guy is still in the squat rack. So I went and did some extra biceps curls and tricep extensions. Guy is still in the squat rack. We're talking 30 minutes or so he's been in there, doing really slow bench with really long breaks between sets. At one of his breaks, I finally ask him "You gonna be much longer?" He says, "I'm done," and walks out of the gym. He didn't just leave the squat rack, he left the whole gym! He left the weights on the bar and everything. I didn't know I was that scary! LOL

I have another gym confession from last night, but I'm gonna post it later so this doesn't become TL:DR

I've seen this several times and have no idea what it means.

It means "Too Long, Didn't Read".
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

How absolutely awful. Sending positive thoughts your way... hope your family gets that miracle!
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I'm totally understanding of the right to bear arms and hunting to provide food and goods. I don't agree with hunting for sport. I don't consider using high powered firearms to kill prey from hundreds of yards away hunting. There should be laws that require "sport hunters" to be in danger of being prey themselves.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

That's so terrible. Praying for everyone involved.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Had my interview this morning, went well, asked when they were looking to hire, they said they had an internal candidate that was on vacation that they needed to see, so I won't find out until next week.

Talent acquisition double booked the interview slot so I was in the waiting room with a competitor, he was wearing jeans and a puffy jacket. . . . .jeans and a puffy jacket.

Maybe he thought he was interviewing for an early 2000's music video.

• overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options

Yes they do. I'm so very sorry. You're in my thoughts.
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    Patriots96 wrote: »
    I secretly feel like I am meant to be fat since my body always goes back to it. I am lonely but act like I am fine.

I felt like this before I lost weight the first time. I think because I felt so out of control and like I didn't understand why I was gaining or how to lose it. I had to convince myself that it didn't matter if I lost the weight, so long as I could have as healthy a lifestyle as possible, in order to have the courage to get started, and only after I'd made some progress did I start believing I could lose.

I regained for various reasons after maintaining that loss for 5 years, but one thing that made it easier this time, despite being older (44 when I started, 45 now), is that I did believe that I could do it (in fact, even after I regained in my head I felt like I was basically a fit person -- which was false, but somewhat helpful).

Anyway, hugs--this is my longwinded way of saying that you aren't meant to be fat, but I totally understand feeling that way. I think sometimes it does help to really focus on the process things rather than the scale, since it's easy to have small setbacks derail you.

(And I know it's scary to admit the things we try to hide too. One thing that scared me about trying to lose weight the second time was that I'd convinced myself that I didn't mind it that much and I was afraid that if I failed I would have also blown my feeling that it was okay. Just working at it made me feel better, though, even before I lost a substantial amount.)
  • lemurcat12
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Oops, double.