Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Does the exhaustion ever end??? I am always tired, it's getting to the point where it's my trademark. How am I? TIRED. Always. I hate it... I think my sleeping habits are very poor. Last night I know I woke up about 15 or so times trying to get out of bed to finish "work" that didn't exist.

Sometimes, I'll wake up and while still half-asleep, I'll try to solve problems from my dreams. Like if I'm dreaming about my car breaking down, I won't be able to get totally back to sleep until I figure out where my AAA card is, how I'm going to call for a tow truck, how I'm going to get wherever I'm going (in my dream), etc. It takes me a while to realize, "Um, you're in bed and your car is fine. Go back to sleep."

And I always wish I'd written down some of my dreams. I almost always remember them in the morning, at least for a little while, and some of them are so colorful and vivid, it's amazing. :)
    Same here. The worst for me is when I dream about work or school. I get out of bed trying to find where I put my things, going through my drawers or asking an imaginary co-worker if they need help with something (usually I'm asking the TV :confounded: ). My boyfriend gets really annoyed sometimes.

"What are you doing?"
    "I'm tryna find the.... the... the... uh. Oh, wait... I was dreaming. Sorry.''

Then the cycle continues! I just remembered that my dad used to do the same thing. One time he was calling for me from his bed, and I ran in and asked him what he was yelling about. He said "The man with the red scarf. Did he leave???'' He kept asking me this and I had to tell him that the man with the red scarf didn't exist, and he eventually said ''Must have been dreaming...'' Like father like daughter, I guess :P

One time I had a dream when I was in junior high about making a hotdog omelette. the next morning I proceed to make one and my dad asked what I was doing. I told him I was making a hotdog omelette. Apparently he made the same thing at 1:30 in the morning when he got home from work.

I still dream about working as a cashier from my days at Superstore. They are always the same. I decide to go back there to earn extra money and then I get a huge line-up because I can't remember my sign in code. It has been over 10 years since I worked there.

• qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    On the topic of dreams, does anyone else keep a dream diary? For some odd reason I have always been fascinated with dreams and love them. I don't write them down every day (I definitely don't remember them every day), but I have a BUNCH of files and sometimes like to look back on them.

I definitely wish I'd taken the time to jot down some of the more interesting dreams I've had over the years, and which include those that were 'ridiculous beyond words' ;), as well as those that were just plain wth?-like (and 'baffling' in a smh -sort of way (and I dreamed this, why?! ;) ))... though, that being said, there are some dreams I've had that I've never forgotten, nor ever could (or so it would seem)...

Regarding the dreams I've never forgotten... they're a 'mixed bag' that includes... a few comically nonsensical dreams... a few 'profound' dreams... a few fascinating dreams (that involve my having been able to 'solve' some problems 'in my sleep'... as well as dreams that involved my mind identifying some 'patterns' in that day's events, and that my conscious mind had failed to notice (those are a treat ;) ))... and last, but certainly not least, are the nightmares...

I had a few recurring nightmares as a child (and for years), in the wake of my being present during a highly traumatic event (and at a very young age)... it's remarkable how tenacious the mind can be, in wrestling with 'potential alternative actions' that one can never go back in time to 'try' (given that there is only one 'chance' to action such an attempt, and is when the 'event' is unfolding... and can be further complicated/intensified by the reality that any 'mistake' could result in death to oneself and/or a sibling and/or a parent)...

It's odd 'how' and 'what' we can learn from our subconscious minds, when/after they 'wrestle' with near-impossible circumstances... let alone, what they can do 'for' us, in 'allowing' us to 'see' various other possibilities (along with their potential outcomes), and how the course of action that we took -- that I took -- was really the 'only' choice (thereby providing an odd form of 'reassurance', and from a most unexpected 'source')...

Another thing that those dreams 'taught' me, and despite the 'high price' of having had to 'watch' them (and repeatedly (and waking up in a 'puddle of sweat', with my heart racing, my wits 'rattled', my body shaking, and my breathing being of a nature whose sound and 'frequency' would end up being one of the first 'orders of business' to 'get under control'))...

...is that I couldn't have otherwise fathomed how a child who was at the very young age that I was, at the time, could possess those kinds of instincts to protect, and be willing to 'fight to save another'... let alone to knowingly 'choose' to risk their life (under the circumstances), and be willing to sacrifice it, to save another... it goes without saying that kids (nor anyone else, for that matter) obviously shouldn't ever have to experience such a thing, or think any such thoughts, or go through the torture of needing to rapidly figure out what, among a given set of very limited options, would be the 'right' 'choice' in order to optimize the odds of 'everyone coming out alive'... but my experience did teach me (and in a way that perhaps nothing else could) that a child of a surprisingly young age can possess an instinctual capacity to protect that goes well beyond what many would ever think such a child to be capable of... (though to 'know' the 'depths' of it, would require its being 'tested', and *that* is something best left 'unknown')...

Lastly... it strikes me as being a twisted form of 'non-parity' that the party who 'inflicted' said trauma, has no idea to what extent their actions affected my life from that moment on... (and I wasn't even the initial target of their 'wrath')... and the anxiety of not knowing if anything of the kind could or would ever happen again, or could otherwise put any member of my family's life at risk in my presence -- and my seeming to subconsciously feel as though I needed to be capable of 'knowing', ahead of time, 'how I would react' (which is impossible to know) -- was a form of during-childhood-'life-sentence' that I wouldn't wish on anyone...
  • HereWeGoAgain7
    HereWeGoAgain7 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »
    Every Sunday, I take my son to do the grocery shopping. At one of the stores, we get a bottle of Mexican Coke and a Tastycake pie (his choice: Cherry, Apple, or French Apple) and sit on the tailgate to share them. Coke-and-Pie Day almost never gets logged.

That's the cutest thing ever.

Agreed! And because you're creating a memory with your son that he will remember forever it doesn't count as calories!

The memories will end up being more delicious than the pie, methinks. Now I just have to think of something similar to do with his sister!

My dad and I bake cakes together. Just throwing it out there. You could also make fudge with her, my grandpa and I do that. My grandma and I always had tea parties when I was a kid. Good times.

Those are great ideas, but I'm hoping to do something outside the kitchen with her. One of the reasons I take my son grocery shopping is to demonstrate that the gender roles society has placed on us are artificial and that we can break them with our actions. I'm hoping to do something similar with my daughter.

My dad and I always had Frisbee dates when I was a kid. We would have used a baseball but my brothers tended to know where they were at all times and would have realized that we were doing something sporty and tagged along. Frisbees were easily hidden under the seat of the car.
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    @MoHousdon
    I am so sorry for you and your family's loss. More hugs for you xx
  • girldownsouth
    Options
    @ShibaEars
    That is very exciting! I'd say good luck, but the different time zones mean as I'm catching up this morning you've probably already put the offer in! Hope you were successful.
  • girldownsouth
    Options
    Does the exhaustion ever end??? I am always tired, it's getting to the point where it's my trademark. How am I? TIRED. Always. I hate it... I think my sleeping habits are very poor. Last night I know I woke up about 15 or so times trying to get out of bed to finish "work" that didn't exist.

Sometimes, I'll wake up and while still half-asleep, I'll try to solve problems from my dreams. Like if I'm dreaming about my car breaking down, I won't be able to get totally back to sleep until I figure out where my AAA card is, how I'm going to call for a tow truck, how I'm going to get wherever I'm going (in my dream), etc. It takes me a while to realize, "Um, you're in bed and your car is fine. Go back to sleep."

And I always wish I'd written down some of my dreams. I almost always remember them in the morning, at least for a little while, and some of them are so colorful and vivid, it's amazing. :)
    Same here. The worst for me is when I dream about work or school. I get out of bed trying to find where I put my things, going through my drawers or asking an imaginary co-worker if they need help with something (usually the TV). My boyfriend gets really annoyed sometimes.

"What are you doing?"
    "I'm tryna find the.... the... the... uh. Oh, wait... I was dreaming. Sorry.''

Then the cycle continues! I just remembered that my dad used to do the same thing. One time he was calling for me from his bed, and I ran in and asked him what he was yelling about. He said "The man with the red scarf. Did he leave???'' He kept asking me this and I had to tell him that the man with the red scarf didn't exist, and he eventually said ''Must have been dreaming...'' Like father like daughter, I guess :P

Lol! I haven't been in school for 14 years, and I still dream about missing tests, being late, having a paper/project due that I haven't started. A couple months ago, I woke up at around 3 a.m., certain that I was going to be late to class, so I got dressed and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth. My brother woke up and was like, "Where are you going?"

"I've got to get to class."

"It's 3 a.m. and you're 35. Go back to sleep, idiot."

:D

This is just too funny! This and the coworker laughing at autocorrects really tickled me, as I have problems with both. I have some really vivid dreams, I sometimes wake up screaming because I think there's someone standing over the bed. My boyfriend loves that!! The other thing I have not told him is sometimes I am surprised when I wake up and am in bed with him! This is not because of being in bed with anyone else, but sometimes my job gets intense, and I end up spending a lot of time with certain people, and I have these dreams that we've ended up taking the work to bed and then I think my boyfriend is them when I first wake up.
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    Just had to get this even though I don't eat nutella. Not seen this one before.

7xxyxmdiuswc.jpg
  • girldownsouth
    Options
    shannonbun wrote: »
    Confession: back when a certain candidate announced his run for presidency this year, there were media crews all over my university campus. I was shaking mad at how many faux "journalists" were making stories out of nothing and harassing students. My roommate even had to talk me down from telling off a certain Buzzfeed "writer" whose story contained absolutely false information... I'm a journalism major. I honestly fear for what the media circus will look like by the time I graduate.

Earlier in this thread there was a conversation about geographical opposites, I think you might be mine...

Does this mean you're at Liberty? I was out in Lynchburg for work from September to March, and I'm now back home in England. Where are you going to be studying?
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Not to ruin the vibe or anything, but my husband texted me a little while ago and told me my step-daughter had a miscarriage. I am really sad for her and especially sad for my husband. He was so looking forward to becoming a grandpa. I am a little sad too as I had just started warming up to the idea of being MoNana or GrandMo. :(

Sorry to hear this. Internet hugs to all of you affected.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    I'm going to blow your mind, Winnie the Pooh and the 100 acre woods is Satanic.

Christopher Robin represents innocence being accosted by the 7 Deadly Sins.

Pooh - Gluttony
    Piglet - Envy
    Eeyore - Sloth
    Tigger - Pride
    Rabbit - Wrath
    Kanga & Roo - Lust
    Owl - Greed

just sayin.

Genius. I also prefer Grimm Tales to Disney. Yes I know Grim came first, just saying. :)
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    DWBalboa wrote: »
    Because I can laugh about this now here’s a two for one confession. When I was in the Navy, we stopped in St. Thomas Vi. for a port of call, while at a club some ladies ask me to dance for a girlfriend of theirs that was celebrating her 40 birthday, the reason they asked me was that she had a thing for Sly Stone and Italian men in general.
    So with a little persuasion and a little rum I finally agreed. It took me a little to loosen up and enjoy it but I finally did get into it. I actually made some good tips from other ladies and actually a couple of guys that were at the club.
    A few years later, an old girl friend of mine from H.S. found out about this and asked me to dance at another mutual girlfriend’s bachelorette party. Again, it took some coercion but I finally agreed to it. The party was at a bar and there were other people there. Everything went well, no issues to report. Afterwards, I hung out (no pun intended) with a few other friends and ended up hooking up with a very nice woman in her mid-forties. I thought that I would never see her again not that I didn’t want to, it was just one of those things.
    Here comes the pie in the face. So about a year later, a girl that I had been dating for a while and which we were getting serious, decided to take me to meet her mother (yeah I see the lights going off in your minds, you know what happens next). It was the most awkward moment of my life and I could not wait to get out of there, I was sweating and my stomach was a wreck. Neither her mother nor I could look each other in the eyes.
    She and I continued to date but I was in pure hell not telling her but her mother begged me not to and honestly, I really didn’t want to either but it was pure hell withholding that from her.
    We eventually did not work out and went our separate ways and I have no clue to this day if her mother ever told her the truth or not.

Bah ha ha! You are a legend. That's something I thought would only happen in a movie.
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    My daughter was looking over my shoulder the other day as my best friend (English teacher) and I were messaging on Facebook. She couldn't believe that we used correct spelling, proper grammar and no text-speak. I told her that's how it was in the olden days.

I HATE text speak....is it seriously that much more difficult or time consuming to type 'you' instead of 'u'??
    I always text properly and cannot stand when someone text me back a series of stupid single letters and numbers! HUGE pet peeve!

The only time I used text talk was when I had a pay-as-you-go phone and every text was a certain amount of characters long so you had to text talk so it would fit into one message. Since getting contract I don't care and I spell everything correctly.
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    Confession. I some how ended up back to pages 240 which is where the first two of my posts came from. I panicked when I saw I had 200 pages to read. Then realised my mistake. So yeh, enjoy the flash backs of the 200's. :confounded:
  • girldownsouth
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Confession. I some how ended up back to pages 240 which is where the first two of my posts came from. I panicked when I saw I had 200 pages to read. Then realised my mistake. So yeh, enjoy the flash backs of the 200's. :confounded:
    I was a little confused when a regular poster went that far back!! Maybe you could comment on the hot chocolate or peanut butter one while you're on a roll...
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    I was a little confused when a regular poster went that far back!! Maybe you could comment on the hot chocolate or peanut butter one while you're on a roll...

Ha ha I'll admit I have never eaten hot chocolate powder but I have made a hot chocolate with 5-6 spoons of powder and made it with milk so it is super creamy. I also have never eaten peanut butter by the spoonful, but I have eaten chocolate spread by the spoonful. I imagine peanut butter would dry your mouth out something chronic.
  • msk3001
    msk3001 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound stupid >.< and noobish, but to this day I still wish I had a thigh gap even though it's not even possible for my body type. It sucks not having any "good" body traits. I'm a banana shape. I don't have huge breasts or a big butt. I have violin hips that go inwards instead of outwards, and I judge myself at every moment. I feel like I'll never be as good looking as people who are "naturally beautiful" no matter how many years I take to change myself. I'm still going to do it, though.

I have to say that I had to google violin hips- but apparantly I have them too and I never minded/ actually liked them. I wasn't aware they were a "bad thing" and I sure hope it's not going to get stuck in my head :( But I have quite broad shoulders that I never liked until I realized that only other people made me feel bad about it...

So now a confession- sometimes after partying I eat a full kebab menue with fries etc., finish the leftovers of the others and then go for a few tiny cheeseburgers at McD...
  • spamarie
    Options
    I keep writing out and deleting the same confession over and over. I chicken out just in case someone IRL reads it. It's nothing bad, I just like to keep certain things private. But I'm getting super excited about it!
  • spamarie
    Options
    I also just discovered what violin hips are and think I may have them. But I don't understand why they would bother anyone. Mine look just fine thanks, I must be the violin hip version of a Stradivarius.
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    msk3001 wrote: »
    This is going to sound stupid >.< and noobish, but to this day I still wish I had a thigh gap even though it's not even possible for my body type. It sucks not having any "good" body traits. I'm a banana shape. I don't have huge breasts or a big butt. I have violin hips that go inwards instead of outwards, and I judge myself at every moment. I feel like I'll never be as good looking as people who are "naturally beautiful" no matter how many years I take to change myself. I'm still going to do it, though.

I have to say that I had to google violin hips- but apparantly I have them too and I never minded/ actually liked them. I wasn't aware they were a "bad thing" and I sure hope it's not going to get stuck in my head :( But I have quite broad shoulders that I never liked until I realized that only other people made me feel bad about it...

So now a confession- sometimes after partying I eat a full kebab menue with fries etc., finish the leftovers of the others and then go for a few tiny cheeseburgers at McD...

I had to google it as well. I thought it was just where people had underwear that was too tight. lol If it makes you feel any better, now I know what you are referring to, my SO's sister has violin hips and I would kill to have her body. She also does have a thigh gap so either she is grossly underweight or it is achievable for you, I think. I haven't looked into the whole 'thigh gap' thing, I have proper thunder thighs so I never even thought about looking it up to see if I could achieve it.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    debrag12 wrote: »
    Just had to get this even though I don't eat nutella. Not seen this one before.

7xxyxmdiuswc.jpg

One of my favorites!!! Love those!