Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    JSurita2 wrote: »
    Another confession I have after being on these boards a little while is I HATE the question "Do you weigh everything you eat?" I want to scream every time I see it asked.

HELLL NO....I DONT weigh everything. That is simply not sustainable for the rest of my life. Sure I know that losing or maintaining will have to be a lifelong effort and I will work towards it but the whole weighing EVERYTHING is simply too much for me.

We have a baby shower at work today. Am I supposed to pull out a scale and weigh a slice of cake? I don't think so.

Carry on...

:D I need a thumbs up emoticon for this. Likex10 thousand.

mf5qk5tfx1u7.gif
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Another confession I have after being on these boards a little while is I HATE the question "Do you weigh everything you eat?" I want to scream every time I see it asked.

HELLL NO....I DONT weigh everything. That is simply not sustainable for the rest of my life. Sure I know that losing or maintaining will have to be a lifelong effort and I will work towards it but the whole weighing EVERYTHING is simply too much for me.

We have a baby shower at work today. Am I supposed to pull out a scale and weigh a slice of cake? I don't think so.

Carry on...

But if someone is complaining that they are doing EVERYTHING, and they are not losing or are gaining weight, the best thing to do is get a realistic idea of what they are actually consuming in calories. Most people get a real wake up call. It's the easiest answer for a frequently asked question.

I don't think that situation is the problem. The issue is really people who have to weigh every single thing they eat AND think everyone else should too. It's a good learning method if you are stalled with your weight loss, and yeah, there's a scale in my kitchen for times when eyeballing really isn't going to work but you shouldn't try to weigh everything the rest of your life. It's bound for failure, long-term.

But the people asking are not weighing and have no idea what 100 grams (or whatever) looks like. It's a learning tool. Once they've learned, they won't need the tool. But to start out, most do, including me.

• snarlingcoyote
    snarlingcoyote Posts: 399 Member
    Options

Carry on...

But if someone is complaining that they are doing EVERYTHING, and they are not losing or are gaining weight, the best thing to do is get a realistic idea of what they are actually consuming in calories. Most people get a real wake up call. It's the easiest answer for a frequently asked question.

I don't think that situation is the problem. The issue is really people who have to weigh every single thing they eat AND think everyone else should too. It's a good learning method if you are stalled with your weight loss, and yeah, there's a scale in my kitchen for times when eyeballing really isn't going to work but you shouldn't try to weigh everything the rest of your life. It's bound for failure, long-term.

But the people asking are not weighing and have no idea what 100 grams (or whatever) looks like. It's a learning tool. Once they've learned, they won't need the tool. But to start out, most do, including me.

And that's fine. Got no problem with it. It is a great learning tool

But you have to live your entire life, and hopefully there will be cake that you have to eyeball to guess the calories. (If you like cake, of course. If not, please substitute your high calorie treat of choice.) Eyeballing accurately is also a tool and it's one that is necessary for long term maintenance!
  • snarlingcoyote
    snarlingcoyote Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I just ate an entire bag of cashews from the filling station. 450 calories.

I regret nothing.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Every Sunday, I take my son to do the grocery shopping. At one of the stores, we get a bottle of Mexican Coke and a Tastycake pie (his choice: Cherry, Apple, or French Apple) and sit on the tailgate to share them. Coke-and-Pie Day almost never gets logged.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Every Sunday, I take my son to do the grocery shopping. At one of the stores, we get a bottle of Mexican Coke and a Tastycake pie (his choice: Cherry, Apple, or French Apple) and sit on the tailgate to share them. Coke-and-Pie Day almost never gets logged.

That's the cutest thing ever.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options

Awesome. My son and I have icee/giant pretzel day at the window counter every time we go to Target. We nosh and people watch. It's our little secret.
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Confession: I've never had, or even seen, a TastyKake. I imagine they are amazing and I've been cheated.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options

Confession: I've never had, or even seen, a TastyKake. I imagine they are amazing and I've been cheated.

TastyKakes are the most amazing things ever, especially their Short Bread Christmas Cookies.
  • tincanonastring
    Options

OhMyGodAllTheNomz....Tastykake (just realized I've been spelling it wrong all these years) is a regional thing. They're actually a company that puts out a lot of different baked treats, but I think their baked pies are the best.

cherry-pie-orig.jpg
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »

Agreed! And because you're creating a memory with your son that he will remember forever it doesn't count as calories!
  • tincanonastring
    Options

Awesome. My son and I have icee/giant pretzel day at the window counter every time we go to Target. We nosh and people watch. It's our little secret.

The place we do this is a little Italian market, so all the Nonnas make comments to us about it. I've been taking him since he was about 6 months (he's nearly 4 years now), so a lot of the people know us as regulars.
  • quiksylver296
    Options

OhMyGodAllTheNomz....Tastykake (just realized I've been spelling it wrong all these years) is a regional thing. They're actually a company that puts out a lot of different baked treats, but I think their baked pies are the best.

cherry-pie-orig.jpg

Regional doesn't include Idaho, obviously... sigh
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

Agreed! And because you're creating a memory with your son that he will remember forever it doesn't count as calories!

The memories will end up being more delicious than the pie, methinks. Now I just have to think of something similar to do with his sister!
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    drklib wrote: »
    Merkavar wrote: »
    amyh1994 wrote: »
    ... today I took the train for 45 minutes just to get a burrito.

yep.

I can't say I have had a burrito. Not even 100% sure what it is. Like a kebab isn't it?

Where do you live that you have never had a burrito? I am agog at the thought of a burrito-less life.

Not like a kebob--more life a gyro/schwarma with a thinner wrap.

I'm struggling with the thought that there are good burritos in Canada. If it turns out they put gravy on those too I'm going to be so mad.

Confession: My friend told me that sleeping more helps you break a plateau and I've been trying to get more sleep ever since.

I've had decent burritos in Vancouver, BC. No gravy. Not sure about the rest of Canada!

There is so much good Asian food in most of the places I've been in Canada that I haven't gone out of my way to search for Mexican.

As my husband says: Vancouver is the northernmost point of WA (he is a locally bred Washingtonian, and I- being a recent transplant- can't tell if he is BSing me or not..

OH! New confession: My husband had me convinced that sheep aren't in WA because it rains too much and the wool shrinks on the animal... Joke was on him when I woke him up at 3 am and called him a liar. Being from South Florida I know nothing of farm animals... College educated and all and I am farm animal stupid.

I live in Saskatchewan - all prairie - an we do not put gravy on our burritos. Anyone I know only puts gravy on potatoes and french fries. Burritos are for sour cream and salsa.
  • TheBigFb
    TheBigFb Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I once shot a man
  • tincanonastring
    Options

cherry-pie-orig.jpg

Regional doesn't include Idaho, obviously... sigh

Yeah, sorry. Their headquarters/bakery is in the Philadelphia Navy Yard, so it's mostly a PA/NJ/MD/DE thing, kind of like Wawa. There used to be local TastyKake drives to send to troops stationed overseas.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,409 Member
    Options
    I've recently started wearing my sports bras in the shower so I can get 3, maybe 4 wears out of them before washing them properly instead of having to handwash twice a week...

So wrong, but feels so right.
    drklib wrote: »
    Merkavar wrote: »
    ... today I took the train for 45 minutes just to get a burrito.

yep.

I can't say I have had a burrito. Not even 100% sure what it is. Like a kebab isn't it?

Where do you live that you have never had a burrito? I am agog at the thought of a burrito-less life.

Not like a kebob--more life a gyro/schwarma with a thinner wrap.

I'm struggling with the thought that there are good burritos in Canada. If it turns out they put gravy on those too I'm going to be so mad.

Confession: My friend told me that sleeping more helps you break a plateau and I've been trying to get more sleep ever since.

I've had decent burritos in Vancouver, BC. No gravy. Not sure about the rest of Canada!

There is so much good Asian food in most of the places I've been in Canada that I haven't gone out of my way to search for Mexican.

As my husband says: Vancouver is the northernmost point of WA (he is a locally bred Washingtonian, and I- being a recent transplant- can't tell if he is BSing me or not..

OH! New confession: My husband had me convinced that sheep aren't in WA because it rains too much and the wool shrinks on the animal... Joke was on him when I woke him up at 3 am and called him a liar. Being from South Florida I know nothing of farm animals... College educated and all and I am farm animal stupid.

I live in Saskatchewan - all prairie - an we do not put gravy on our burritos. Anyone I know only puts gravy on potatoes and french fries. Burritos are for sour cream and salsa.

I'm Albertan and I agree. Gravy is for meat and potatoes, not burritos. Oh, Taco Time, how I miss you sometimes.
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Kelll12123 wrote: »
    I ate over half a carton of ice cream in one sitting last week

I ate a whole pint of ben & jerry's frozen yogurt in one sitting the other night. :(
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

The memories will end up being more delicious than the pie, methinks. Now I just have to think of something similar to do with his sister!

My dad and I bake cakes together. Just throwing it out there. You could also make fudge with her, my grandpa and I do that. My grandma and I always had tea parties when I was a kid. Good times.