Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    TheBigFb wrote: »
    I once shot a man

1368113726727.gif
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I found myself wondering earlier if a food scale would accurately weigh my boobs. Decided not to bother since I have no clue what they 'should' weigh.
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Every Sunday, I take my son to do the grocery shopping. At one of the stores, we get a bottle of Mexican Coke and a Tastycake pie (his choice: Cherry, Apple, or French Apple) and sit on the tailgate to share them. Coke-and-Pie Day almost never gets logged.

That's the cutest thing ever.

Agreed! And because you're creating a memory with your son that he will remember forever it doesn't count as calories!

The memories will end up being more delicious than the pie, methinks. Now I just have to think of something similar to do with his sister!

My dad and I bake cakes together. Just throwing it out there. You could also make fudge with her, my grandpa and I do that. My grandma and I always had tea parties when I was a kid. Good times.

Those are great ideas, but I'm hoping to do something outside the kitchen with her. One of the reasons I take my son grocery shopping is to demonstrate that the gender roles society has placed on us are artificial and that we can break them with our actions. I'm hoping to do something similar with my daughter.
  • moisesfgr
    moisesfgr Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I love pizza! I LOVE PIZZA!! :#
  • TheBigFb
    TheBigFb Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Sorry, Ive said too much
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Confession - I have no idea what my BF% is. I know the number my scale shows is in no way accurate and I don't care enough to go get calipered.

Yeah I don't know either, but with all the loose skin, calipers wouldn't help anyway.
  • SilverRose89
    SilverRose89 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I upped my exercise this week in an attempt to try and make up for the large amount of alcohol I will probably be consuming tomorrow night celebrating exam results which came in today...
  • Zx14chick
    Zx14chick Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I love food so I pretty much work out so I can eat more and not feel guilty. I do not forbid myself from eating any foods because I would go crazy and eat an entire bag of Sweet Maui Onion potato chips if I did.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Every Sunday, I take my son to do the grocery shopping. At one of the stores, we get a bottle of Mexican Coke and a Tastycake pie (his choice: Cherry, Apple, or French Apple) and sit on the tailgate to share them. Coke-and-Pie Day almost never gets logged.

Agreed! And because you're creating a memory with your son that he will remember forever it doesn't count as calories!

The memories will end up being more delicious than the pie, methinks. Now I just have to think of something similar to do with his sister!

My dad and I bake cakes together. Just throwing it out there. You could also make fudge with her, my grandpa and I do that. My grandma and I always had tea parties when I was a kid. Good times.

Those are great ideas, but I'm hoping to do something outside the kitchen with her. One of the reasons I take my son grocery shopping is to demonstrate that the gender roles society has placed on us are artificial and that we can break them with our actions. I'm hoping to do something similar with my daughter.

That's awesome. I wish I had some cool memories like that with my dad.
  • Zx14chick
    Zx14chick Posts: 255 Member
    Options

^^^^^ THIS IS AMAZING! What an amazing dad you are! If my dad had been like you, perhaps I would be speaking to him today.
  • laura3977
    laura3977 Posts: 191 Member
    Options

Agreed!!! Father/Son quality time calories totally don't count ... You are setting an amazing example for your son on what it means to be a father - kudos to you!!

As for confession ... So many to think of :blush: BUT if I have to pick one - one of the many things I struggle with in losing weight is hiding food :neutral_face: and/or lying about food to other people. Like, what I've eaten or when - there were times right before I started MFP that I would stop at Taco Bell and order something, eat it in the parking lot and then head home for dinner. I confessed to my husband and now I'm on the path of being honest about my food.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options

Yeah, my dad would take my other siblings to play basketball at the park, he knew better than to try to get me involved with that, lol. I would just get on the swings and monkey bars with my younger sister (we're not into sports). That is/was the good thing about my dad he always made sure to do things that we were interested in.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options

How old is she and what kinds of things does she like? (sorry if you've already answered this; I'm a page or 2 behind on this thread)
  • tincanonastring
    Options

How old is she and what kinds of things does she like? (sorry if you've already answered this; I'm a page or 2 behind on this thread)

No worries. She's only 4 months, so I've got some time to think of something. I just want to make sure I don't wait too long.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    My new favorite show is Big Giant Swords, it's about some Irish Guy who blacksmiths Big Giant Swords, then uses them to destroy something. it's amaze-balls.
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    Confession: Y'all are making me blush with this good dad stuff. Thanks for the ego boost!
  • SilverRose89
    SilverRose89 Posts: 447 Member
    Options

I freaking love this.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options

Confession: I've never had, or even seen, a TastyKake. I imagine they are amazing and I've been cheated.

OhMyGodAllTheNomz....Tastykake (just realized I've been spelling it wrong all these years) is a regional thing. They're actually a company that puts out a lot of different baked treats, but I think their baked pies are the best.

cherry-pie-orig.jpg

Regional doesn't include Idaho, obviously... sigh

Yeah, sorry. Their headquarters/bakery is in the Philadelphia Navy Yard, so it's mostly a PA/NJ/MD/DE thing, kind of like Wawa. There used to be local TastyKake drives to send to troops stationed overseas.

And the Flyers still score for a case of TastyKakes! (Mmm. Butterscotch Krimpets.)
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    tincanonastring wins best dad award! Maybe you can have a superhero day with her where you both wear capes and "fly" on the swings. Or throw a baseball or football back and forth then have hot dogs. Or build rockets. Can't tell I was a tomboy can you?
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options

No worries. She's only 4 months, so I've got some time to think of something. I just want to make sure I don't wait too long.

Well, I've always been a daddy's girl so on the weekends when my mom and older sister would go to the mall shopping my dad and I would go to the car lots and look at all the new cars or go to car shows. I'm still more interested in cars and trucks than I am shopping! And, after he retired my dad was able to start restoring old cars as a hobby, so now he participates in the car shows. Good job - I applaud your desire to break the gender stereotyping!