Thighs Hips and Butt...LADIES lifting heavy

Options

Replies

• RoundDoz
    RoundDoz Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    hey guys! Whats the expectation?...Like...how long does it take to see some change at my height and weight (5'6" 150lbs)
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I have been following this post and this my first post..

I think I need to ask you, what is your expectation and the end goal? You need a starting point and end point (of course the journey can change how you get there along the way)..

JoRocka is right. Start lifting now. Get your diet right and you will start noticing gains really soon (within weeks)...

I was a newbie lifter and I started seeing gains right away..
  • pascalealana
    pascalealana Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    SQUAT! SQUAT! SQUAT! As long as you are lifting for the areas you desire you will keep your curves and they will be super nice. I dont have the pleasure of being as tall as you but I am on the thicker side of the spectrum and currently working on losing 15-20 lbs. I know you are already down to the weight you want to be but as long as you DONT SKIP LEG DAY. Your body will be banging. When you naturally have curves I think its a lot easier to get them nice and tight without losing them. As long as you dont forget about leg day ( I personally incorporate legs as much as possible) you will be fine. Also protein! make sureyou are getting all the protein you need so that you can gain that muscle
  • kikichewie
    kikichewie Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Just food for thought. If you lift heavy to develop your musculature, I'm not so sure you can then stop lifting heavy and maintain those muscles with body weight exercises. I'm pretty sure you have to level out by continuing to lift heavy, just with little or no progression. Otherwise you'll lose your booty.
  • valarierams
    valarierams Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    kdiamond wrote: »
    Squats are amazing for a rounded and curvy butt! As long as you don't undereat you shouldn't lose them lifting...you'll only make them firmer.

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    RoundDoz wrote: »
    I have 41" hips and a 28" thighs.

I've been slacking on lifting lately but this is from last summer:
    46173190d3cc4315fe6648c3eb6693df1107.jpg

very nice! how long have you been lifting? you have any before pics?

Here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/BusyRaeNOTBusty/view/new-progress-pictures-for-2015-723651

My best results came when I did a bulk for 5 months in 2011.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    hey guys! Whats the expectation?...Like...how long does it take to see some change at my height and weight (5'6" 150lbs)
    If you are a newbie lifter.

Maintanence calories+ progressive lifting newbie program= should see results within another easily.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

you'll start to feel better within the first month- like things are working- and you'll start to notice a change in the first few months- will probably take 5-8 for other people to notice.
  • RoundDoz
    Options
    thanks guys. Im looking forward to the slow process. Im ok with me being the only one to notice as long as I notice! lol. I see myself nude and so will my future husband. Thats the part that counts to me lol.
  • RoundDoz
    Options
    SQUAT! SQUAT! SQUAT! As long as you are lifting for the areas you desire you will keep your curves and they will be super nice. I dont have the pleasure of being as tall as you but I am on the thicker side of the spectrum and currently working on losing 15-20 lbs. I know you are already down to the weight you want to be but as long as you DONT SKIP LEG DAY. Your body will be banging. When you naturally have curves I think its a lot easier to get them nice and tight without losing them. As long as you dont forget about leg day ( I personally incorporate legs as much as possible) you will be fine. Also protein! make sureyou are getting all the protein you need so that you can gain that muscle

ok I will definitely keep that in mind. My legs are the ones that lack the most form and have the most fat so i do hope youre right. It seems impossible to tighten these things up.
  • RoundDoz
    Options
    kikichewie wrote: »
    Just food for thought. If you lift heavy to develop your musculature, I'm not so sure you can then stop lifting heavy and maintain those muscles with body weight exercises. I'm pretty sure you have to level out by continuing to lift heavy, just with little or no progression. Otherwise you'll lose your booty.

ooooh noooo! thats not good news:(:(:(. I really want to lift my own body weight for the long run ....not dumbbells. So basically I need to choose one or the other:(?
  • yopeeps025
    edited April 2015
    Options

ooooh noooo! thats not good news:(:(:(. I really want to lift my own body weight for the long run ....not dumbbells. So basically I need to choose one or the other:(?

That is not how muscles atrophy.
  • RoundDoz
    edited April 2015
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »
    I have been following this post and this my first post..

I think I need to ask you, what is your expectation and the end goal? You need a starting point and end point (of course the journey can change how you get there along the way)..

JoRocka is right. Start lifting now. Get your diet right and you will start noticing gains really soon (within weeks)...

I was a newbie lifter and I started seeing gains right away..

Well my expectation is to see little by little change. Trust me...I get excited and motivated off a little crease so Im quite alright with slow progress just as long as theres progress. My end goal is just to be more lifted, rounded and firm, and have defined muscles (majorly in my stomach shoulders and thighs.
    How specific am I being?...Im learning now that though my goals are broad I must be more meticulous (or at least at first) about how Im getting there. (i.e the God forsaken calorie and macro count...uuughhh. such bondage!). I do know I want my waist down to a 23 and my body fat at most a 19%. These are the physical aims. I dont want to jiggle...well a little jiggles not awful *wink* but you know what I mean. And ultimately...look good in and out of my clothes so Im not hiding or tucking away areas of my body lol...or using artificial supports to keep everything in place and smooth. lol. shoo. Though I will admit I no longer wear girdles...I only wear biker tights now.
  • RoundDoz
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

That not hows muscle atrophy.

im sorry i dont understand your response...
  • yopeeps025
    Options

Its in regards to the person you quoted about losing your booty if you lift heavy than go to body weight exercises.
  • RoundDoz
    edited April 2015
    Options

Its in regards to the person you quoted about losing your booty if you lift heavy than go to body weight exercises.

i know but i dont understand your sentence. its not making sense to me: "thats not hows muscle atrophy" what are you saying...
  • yopeeps025
    Options

i know but i dont understand your sentence. its not making sense to me: "thats not hows muscle atrophy" what are you saying...

fixed it.
  • RoundDoz
    edited April 2015
    Options
    ah! :) thaaanks. ok so I guess I'll pose this question to everyone since theres a different of opinions. Guys...can i transition from heavy weights to body weight maintaining my muscle gain? I plan to transition once I meet my goal and do not wish to gain anymore....
  • TheresaYoung32
    TheresaYoung32 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Glutes have 2 different sets of muscle fibers. One that benefits from heavy weight and low reps and the other fast twitch muscle that build from lighter explosive plyo type
  • RoundDoz
    Options
    ok ill make sure I mix it up
    :)