boobs

Options

Replies

• scottjoh
    scottjoh Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    My wife was texting me earlier complaining about her boobs getting smaller as she loses weight. I told her that if they shrink when you lose weight then they weren't supposed to be that big in the first place.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,731 Member
    Options
    I just like boobs.
  • JessNelson_
    JessNelson_ Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the person to be honest...it also depends on what body fat % you drop down to. Boobs are nothing more than fat and a little muscle under that. I unfortunately did not have the pleasure of keeping mine.

I started off with DD at 150lbs and by the end of my journey i was a A and 108. I bounce back and fourth though during my bulking and cutting cycles. but i haven't owned a bra larger than a B in 2.5 years.

Yeah, but you're ripped! <3 Well done!

Haha, well thanks good sir! :#
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Even after I dropped almost 60 pounds, my boobs never shrank. The band size went down, but not the cup size. Now I've gained almost all of that weight back and they haven't changed at all. I don't know why mine never left, but I kind of wish they would have. I don't want saggy boobs, but I'd be happy if I could go down to a C instead of a DDD.
  • StephCamp728
    StephCamp728 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I believe, for the most part, it depends on where your body stores essential fat.
    - the general shape of your body applies here.

If you tend to be heavier around the hips, you'll lose some fat there but it'll likely be harder to get rid of then in your upper body.... Alternatively, if your body tends to store fat in the upper body, then it'll likely be harder to remove the fat there (i.e. you'll probably still have boobs since boobs are essentially mostly fat stores). If you have a fairly even distribution of fat (I'm going to say hourglass shape but those body shape chart things don't really mean anything) you should be able to, for the most part, maintain a similar breast/waist/hip ratio. Your overall size may shrink but your band size should shrink with it. I used to be a fairly large size but after losing some weight, everything got smaller, but at the same rate. My cup size dropped one size (I'd always been borderline anyways) but I lost 4 inches around my waist to compensate.

That being said, if you are aiming for a % body fat number that's pretty low, if you're considering % body fat, you may loose some of the size, but I'm fairly certain that's only if you're aiming to drop below 18%. Don't take my word on that though.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different. If you have always had them chances are you won't lose them all. If you gained boobs as you gained weight chances are you will lose them when the reverse happens. If you have any slender female relatives you may be able to get an idea from their shapes also.

I've had them for as long as I can remember, 70 lbs lost. I've lost 8 inches around the band but kept the cup. I can't see that I will get very much smaller. Quite frankly I'm praying that I can get to a NORMAL size so I can stop having to spend $80 every time I need a bra because the Victoria's secret has 32 band but only goes up to DD cup and the big girl stores have DDD cup but only go down to a 38 band so there is NOWHERE around here to buy my size.

• Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I have people on my friends list who have lost a dramatic amount of weight, but they still have a sizable bra size..even when their breast size went down, relative to the rest of their loss, it looks the same, or even actually bigger now that the rest of them is so much smaller.

On the other hand...my breasts were the very last place I gained weight, and were the very first place I lost weight. Only 18 lbs down, and have gone from 36C..and for a short while at my heaviest, a 36D... to now swimming in my 34Bs. We dont all gain or lose weight in the same places... There are plenty of small women with a large cup size, and larger women with a small cup size.. its genetics.

But I reckon, if youve lost 40lbs and your are still pretty much the same there and close to goal, then your body isnt planning to get go of them. I think also, if you are an hourglass or apple shape, the odds you will still have sizable breasts, in comparison to the rest of your body, is greater than someone like me who is a pear shape...whose upper body is always small to non-existent compared to the rest of my body, or a banana who is consistent straight up and down.

In other words..dont worry. Esp since youre so close to goal....regardless of size, the dimensions themselves like your breast to waist to hip ratio will always be there.
  • ErikThaRed
    ErikThaRed Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm here because bewbs
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    pics or it didn't happen!
  • Imanapeman
    Imanapeman Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    hidee14 wrote: »
    so I'm getting super close to my goal and while that is very exciting I can't stop worrying about the fact that i could lose my boobs. I'm a c now and I've lost almost 50 pounds. so basically I'm asking if i haven't lost them yet will I ever?

Even if you did lose them, no one cares. It won't change who you are, or how the opposite sex responds to you. Boob size does not matter.
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    FWIW after losing 18 pounds I went from a DD to a D. I think I'm a D (getting measured this weekend, there's way too much room in my bra).
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Mine stay put until I get pretty low on the BMI scale, below 20. But it varies for everyone and it depends on where you store fat. I haven't been smaller than a DD since I was 14 or so, and when I do lose they're still that big, just smaller than before, so I know that's just where I carry weight.
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I recall when I first went from 160lbs to 130, I went from a C to slightly larger than an A. I'm currently a full B and I know that they're gonna shrink the more weight I lose.

However, my body likes to lose weight from the belly-button up, first, no matter what I do.

That being said, it means my arms tone up pretty fast, and I actually prefer how I look with a smaller chest, but that's just me. I think you're just at the mercy of where you body likes to give or take.
  • liekewheeless
    liekewheeless Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I doubt they will all of a sudden shrink drastically. Maybe a little as you get a lower body fat %.

When I was around this size before I gained I was a solid B cup. Now I'm having trouble finding a good bra,.. 36C works for the cup but the band is to large,.. 34C works for the band but the cup is to small .. 34D is missing in action (yet to find that size in a regular store) Guess I'll have to give in and go to a specialty place.

Still crossing my fingers and hoping for a little shrinkage as I drop my last 5-10lb.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Another part of the equation that I haven't seen mentioned here is age and hormones. Women's breasts will often grow larger as they get older and closer to menopause due to hormonal changes. I was an A cup or "nearly A" for most of my life and when I hit my 40's the girls decided to get with the program and grew to a C, then to a D almost overnight (with no significant weight gain elsewhere). Gaining and losing weight when I was young did affect the size of the girls, but after I got older it hasn't been that much of a factor.
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »
    Another part of the equation that I haven't seen mentioned here is age and hormones. Women's breasts will often grow larger as they get older and closer to menopause due to hormonal changes. I was an A cup or "nearly A" for most of my life and when I hit my 40's the girls decided to get with the program and grew to a C, then to a D almost overnight (with no significant weight gain elsewhere). Gaining and losing weight when I was young did affect the size of the girls, but after I got older it hasn't been that much of a factor.

OMG - I really, REALLY hope that is NOT the case. Oy.
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »

OMG - I really, REALLY hope that is NOT the case. Oy.

Im hoping that it IS the case! LoL!!!! I need something to look forward to here!!!!! :lol: Im very small (when within my normal weight range) as well...if I get to have breasts that I actually get to keep when I hit my 40's..then I'll tell you what, come on 40!!!!!

ETA: Awe...I just did a bit of research, not much, but enough to see that the increase in breast size in many women later in life and especially after menopause was due to weight gain. Well, there goes that...!
  • Jagerin
    Jagerin Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Mine haven't changed yet. I'm hoping they go down quite a bit, that way I don't have to buy as big a chest binder (won't get one till I've lost a good amount of weight, cause then I'd just have to buy another one).
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    I've lost 90+ pounds.

The girls are going nowhere. In fact, they seem MUCH bigger because I have lost everything around/below. Boob loss is sad, but it does not happen to everyone.
  • Hippychick5983
    Hippychick5983 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Oh god I hope mine get smaller. Please oh please get smaller for love of my back! :smiley: