Looking to lose 100+ pounds... the healthy way!

Options

Replies

• Jinx_Mo
    Jinx_Mo Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I share the information in hopes, her message will touch someone else. http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_listening_to_shame

OMG, this was amazing, inspiring, and... just perfect. Thank you SO much trailgirl!
  • silver12176
    silver12176 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Ok how is it that 2 days ago I had a 90 day streak, now it says it is a 3 day streak?
  • trailgirl777
    trailgirl777 Posts: 51 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I had a similar experience although much smaller streak....my thought was i entered the data after midnight on an earlier time zone than mine
  • bcedl1982
    bcedl1982 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Went into the city last night for dinner. Read that @rainandwood93 had looked up a restaurant menu online to plan her day before going out so I did the same. Turned out great! Had fun & ate delicious food & woke up this morning without a "food hangover"!
  • Jinx_Mo
    Options
    bcedl1982 wrote: »
    Went into the city last night for dinner. Read that @rainandwood93 had looked up a restaurant menu online to plan her day before going out so I did the same. Turned out great! Had fun & ate delicious food & woke up this morning without a "food hangover"!

Nice plan! I'm going to have to do that. Congrats, glad you enjoyed yourself!
  • trailgirl777
    trailgirl777 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    What an incredible plan of empowerment! Awesome!
  • tlua
    tlua Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    @MischelM - I am journaling my weight loss in my planner. I plan my meals and exercise for each day and also list my daily goals in the planner portion. There are note pages in the back. I am using those to keep track of monthly weight loss goals, miscellaneous goals (like fitness milestones or reaching certain clothing sizes) and measurements. I'm also keeping track of new recipes I try - the name, where I found it (which cookbook or website) and then rating it. I think it will be fun to look back at it as time goes on.
    I love the idea of your planner... I've been thinking about using one myself. I am also back on MFP after having lost 60lbs but gaining about 50 back. :-(
  • ptkat28
    ptkat28 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I am fairly new to this, but have been on MFP for 4 weeks, and have changed my "unhealthy" eating to HEALTHY eating for 5 weeks now. When I started, I needed to lose about 100 lbs. I have lost 19 in 5 weeks, and also 30 inches! I am only 5 ft tall, so being overweight really shows on my short body. Started walking this week too, to help with my progress! If anyone would like to add me, feel free to. I am not in this for the short haul, I want to make this my life now. :smiley:
  • ninthnarnian
    ninthnarnian Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    ptkat28 wrote: »
    I am fairly new to this, but have been on MFP for 4 weeks, and have changed my "unhealthy" eating to HEALTHY eating for 5 weeks now. When I started, I needed to lose about 100 lbs. I have lost 19 in 5 weeks, and also 30 inches! I am only 5 ft tall, so being overweight really shows on my short body. Started walking this week too, to help with my progress! If anyone would like to add me, feel free to. I am not in this for the short haul, I want to make this my life now. :smiley:

Amazing progress! Congrats on the healthy eating. Sending friend request

• shirayne
    shirayne Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Hi All! Hope everyone has had a wonderful week and that you have all taken the time to tell yourselves that you are beautiful and worth all the effort you're making!

I got my hair done today and feel like a new me! It has revitalized me and I can't wait to shed some more negative crap from my life... pounds, people, influences etc... I'm in this for all that is positive! I love me!
  • Jinx_Mo
    Options
    Woop woop!! New hair is always a refreshing feeling. I had a REALLY bad decision day, and feel so full that throwing up sounds like relief, but never could stand the idea of doing that voluntarily... ick! Oh well, live and learn. Back on track effective immediately. Other than that, I've had a really good weekend. Relaxed a little, worked on a few household chores I've been meaning to get done, and now I'm planning the coming week's meals so I can jump right into cooking them tomorrow. Going to the farmers market in the morning in the hopes of covering the kitchen table with a bright medley of fruits and veggies. I just love all those colors on display!

@ptkat28 GREAT JOB on that weight loss! I hope I can do half as well at my first official weigh in. I've decided to go with monthly weigh ins so I don't make myself neurotic with my numbers focus. I'll be sending you a request as well. Seems like everyone here is in it for the long haul, so here's to making friends!!

@saralynn78 I wanted to do something that feels tangible in my hands, and while I appreciate the graph reports MFP provides, it's way to scientific and cold for me. I want to paste pictures of things I want to do, what I want to wear, just "dream" stuff so I can keep motivated and have a record of my journey.
  • want2behappy31
    want2behappy31 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Returned to a gym last night for the first time in about 15 years. I'm very excited to have won a 3 month membership to the gym by my house. I even got my husband to come with me.

I have missed it- and have so many limitations now with my disability- but I am excited to do what I can. Starting VERY slowly lol

Very excited for everyone in this thread- great on scale and non scale victories!

I love to hear all the healthy choices everyone is making.

I have a great feeling that we are all together on the right track. It's almost like we should have a team name or something lol

Great job going back to the gym. I used to love going but money got to tight and I couldn't afford the membership anymore. Maybe one day I'll get back.
  • want2behappy31
    want2behappy31 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    @ptkat28 great job!!

I missed my walks Saturday and yesterday. I've gotten so use to them that I can't believe I'm saying I actually missed exercising. Yesterday however we did spend 3.5 hours at the pool with some friends and our kids so I guess that was my exercise. I just took a quick walk at lunch & plan to take my longer one tonight after I put the kids in bed. I seem to hit a stop in my weight which is annoying me. Nothing I hate more then the scale not moving at all.

How is everybody doing?
  • ninthnarnian
    ninthnarnian Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    @want2behappy31 "Missing" walks or exersize (wishing you had done it not skipping on purpose) is a great step in the right direction. And swimming is great exersize - lol I'm always hungry after though.

Enjoy your walking :) the scale will be moving again soon.
  • ptkat28
    ptkat28 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Lost 1 lb and 4 inches in the past week! Total of 20 lbs and 34 inches. If anyone would like to look at my food diary and tell me how I could "tweak" it, feel free! I need all the pointers I can get :smiley:
  • vschwgrt1
    vschwgrt1 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    ptkat28 wrote: »
    Hi all! Lost 1 lb and 4 inches in the past week! Total of 20 lbs and 34 inches. If anyone would like to look at my food diary and tell me how I could "tweak" it, feel free! I need all the pointers I can get :smiley:
    . I your losing pounds and inches your tweaking just fine

• chicky902
    chicky902 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Newbie here, but not so newbie with battle w/ food. I have over 100 pounds to lose & need to get into a healthier lifestyle. Please add I need a kick every now & then to help keep me motivated, thanks!
  • Jinx_Mo
    Options
    Evening everyone. Well had a less than stellar weekend, but I'm okay with it. Got right back on the path today and am headed to the gym! I have had the membership but always "lazy" my way out of going, but I set a goal to go at least 3 times this week, and I have to be at work at 1:00am Thursday and Friday, so if I don't get a jump on the gym attendance I won't make it! Anyway, I'll be back later on all sweaty and satisfied with myself! LOL

Oh, and a big welcome @chicky902 ! You've come to the right place, though I never see any butt-kickin here. Lots of love, understanding, and cheering though!!
  • Jinx_Mo
    Options
    Alrighty, I think I'm not enjoying the gym the way I use to because it is such a testament to how freakin OUT OF SHAPE I am! LOL Started on the elliptical and after about 5 minutes I said screw it and headed for the stationary bike! Got in 15 min on the treadmill too, but man, I REALLY have to start upping the exercise if I plan on EVER being remotely physically fit! Sheesh!! Hope everyone else is having a good night!
  • bcedl1982
    bcedl1982 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the words of affirmation, @trailgirl777 & @MischelM! Anybody else have this problem: once I start eating healthy and exercising I feel great inside, but the changes on the outside lag far behind. It is still a shock to see photos because I don't feel like that person any more. Kind of like, "Hey! What is she doing here?"