What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member

th9d8s2prz3b.gif

I quoted this for the link to the image. o:)

• 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    I discovered Brazil nuts as a snack. They are so hard to crack it takes 20 minutes to eat about 5 of them.
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Online shopping for a replacement pair of shorts I really like but feeling too big. Thought they were size 10. Wrong. Size 8.
    I ordered a size 6. Still can't believe this.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,262 Member
    Did hip thrusts with 150# today. My first > bodyweight lift :)
  • knt217
    knt217 Posts: 115 Member
    edited April 2015
    I've moved my sports bras to the tightest fastener. When I bought them a month and a half ago the lady who fit me moved me down to a 36 band from a 38, and they were TIGHT on the largest setting. :)
  • NC_Girl
    NC_Girl Posts: 177 Member
    AngeBee18 wrote: »
    Ok, so I just weighed myself and calculated my BMI, and as of today I am officially within my healthy weight range!!!!! :D

I know this is kind of a scale related victory, but as someone who started off well into the obese category, this is a massive achievement for me and I needed to celebrate it with someome! And you are all so nice on this thread I didn't think you'd mind ;)

Congratulations! I'm getting there myself, I can't wait for that day....it's been a long time coming. I will be doing the happy dance for sure!
  • duckykissy
    duckykissy Posts: 285 Member
    Comparing pictures today and I am no longer pushing a triple chin, I barely have a double one.
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    I was on a business rip and wore my comfortable dressy trousers. They are not comfortable anymore, I kept pulling them up the whole time as they only barely managed to cling to the widest part of my hips.
    Thankfully I know how to adjust them as they are really very nice
  • tesha_chandler
    tesha_chandler Posts: 378 Member
    My husband told me before work this morning that my face and neck are thinner... lol
    & I got out of the shower this morning, looked in the mirror and wanted to holla at me! haha
  • Bemix
    Bemix Posts: 54 Member
    My shirts fit really comfy and my pants are sagging. Time to get some new pants. LOL
  • silverarcheress
    silverarcheress Posts: 125 Member
    I got used as an example of good technique in Pilates today :smiley:
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    i split a dress with my shoulders. so much nicer than splitting it with my *kitten*!
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    itstimeRK wrote: »
    On Saturday, I walked and hiked 10 miles and didn't even feel a little tired. I only returned home because I got hungry or else I could have kept walking. Being lighter makes physical activity much more enjoyable and my knees no longer hurt.

This thread is great! Reading all of the victories is really inspiring!

Time to buy a body hugging backpack with an integrated water bladder ( camel back or equivalent ) so you can carry a light snack/lunch and some water so you can extend your walks.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    taking selfies and realizing my double chin is slowly going away! I used to never be able to take a selfie I liked!

Yes that I really understand. Not looking up at the camera to limit the DC.

• abellone7289
    abellone7289 Posts: 70 Member
    I have 2! First I took my resting heart rate and it's down to 66bpm. A month ago I was averaging 72-76 bpm. It's a small change but I know that means my heart is getting stronger which is so cool.

Also I went to do my laundry today and more than half the clothes in the hamper were my work out clothes. I guess I really am making a lifestyle change which makes me super happy. :)
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    erebass wrote:
    I put a yellow smiley face sticker on my calendar each night before I go to bed on days
    that I stay in my calorie range. I use blue stickers on days I don't do as well.
    I love this idea! :heart:

• MKEgal
    AaronBemis wrote:
    My shirts fit really comfy and my pants are sagging. Time to get some new pants.
    Or go to a tailor shop & get the waist taken in.
    (Or find someone you know who sews & get the waist taken in. It's not difficult, at least for most pants & skirts.)
  • MKEgal
    edited April 2015
    Have had several recently:

I found several pair of men's 38 waist pants on the sale rack at work (I'm a seamstress at a LE/fire/EMS
    uniform shop)
    and they fit in the hips, but not the waist, so I took them in a bit.
    Paying $5 for a pair of pants that retails for $75? WIN!
    And they're black. What doesn't go with black pants?
    And they have really deep front pockets, not like women's pants, so I don't lose my blippin' phone
    when I sit down!

Have ridden my bicycle to work twice, after not riding at all for (mumblety) years.
    It's only 5-ish miles each way, but there are some hills.
    And the second day I did it, I cut about 10 min off my time the first day.
    Planning many more as the weather gets nicer.

Cleaning out the too-large things from my closet, finding things I haven't worn in ages that now
    fit, and shopping the garage/rummage sales & thrift stores for new-to-me things that fit... and
    being able to find things in my size _easily_.
    Yesterday I bought on faith 2 pair of size 12 dress pants (one black, one khaki) from high-end
    women's stores. Got them home and one fits fine, one is a bit tight, but will be OK in a month or
    so. I'm sure these cost at least 20x what I paid for them, and they're still in very good condition.
    I can't remember the last time I wore a size 12.

At a rummage sale Thursday I picked up a shirt & was heading to the bathroom to try it on when
    a gal stopped me, said, "I was looking at that shirt & I really like it, but I'm not slim enough".
    :smiley: She called me "slim"!!!!!!!!!!
    (Just this morning, I went under 195 for the first time in I don't know how long. 10 years, at least.)
    Oh, and the shirt fit. I bought it, wore it all day Friday, just 'cause of her comment. It made me smile.
  • virelay129
    virelay129 Posts: 43 Member
    My tight jeans can now be pulled off/on w/o unzipping =)

Ditto! And no bending over...or they slide right down my butt. Only takes once to learn that lesson. :|

Cleaning out 2/3 of my closet because it is too big!! XD Finding that while my remain wardrobe is small, they all seem to be versitile pieces...plus a small stack of pants that are wearable, but too snug for comfort just yet.

Going to Kohls and buying from the regular section....pulling a dress (50's look, open bavk, bow, cream with MINNIE MOUSE pattern all over) that I am still SWOONING over off the rack and being able to put it on with little struggle!!!!!! Not quite public wear yet, but soon :)

Realizing that yes my weight loss has slowed even though I'm doing everything right for 2 lb loss a week....because I'm lifting heavy and gaining muscle...and being OKAY with it. :D

Seeing is believing. Take LOTS of pictures. I didn't see anything folks, until I looked back at the pictures I take at every milestone. OMG
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!