Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Scorpiotwin
    Scorpiotwin Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Confession: I love my job, but hate the management staff that I work for. I have one manager that just talks all the damn time. Most of the time it's the stupidest stuff that comes out of his mouth. It's to point that when I hear his voice, I just want to stab him in the throat with a rusty knife. I would never do that of course, His voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me. I've been in my job for a long time and this kid keeps trying to "teach" me my job. He doesn't know policy or procedures, he interferes with my clients way to much and to top it off he is Lazy. When I need him to actually do something, I have to remind him multiple times or he brushes it off on someone else. I have even complained to upper management, to no avail, it has only made me a target for workplace bullying and intimidation. I'm starting to look for other jobs, but I would really like to keep this one. Great medical benefits plus I get 6 weeks of vacation every year. This guy has me so exhausted right now that I don't even have the energy to complain about the other two managers. Sorry, but I just needed to get that out :(
  • Scorpiotwin
    Options
    margfish wrote: »

Yes Daredevil is awesome. I binged watched the whole season over a two day period. ;)

So did we.

I should be getting up and getting ready for a 5k, but it's cold outside and I don't wanna!

You'll warm up once you start walking or running.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Tried the Salted Caramel Truffle blizzard yesterday. It was ok, very rich. I got a small (should have got the mini damnit) not sure it was worth the 700+some calories.
    Oh .. and ate Burger King again. Whoops!
  • Scorpiotwin
    Options
    ethim wrote: »
    If you are a praying person, I am asking for some right now. If not a praying person, maybe send some good vibes. My sister's sister-in-law is 30 weeks pregnant, after 5 attempts at IVF. On Sunday, she was having issues with her kidneys, so yesterday they decided to go and put in some drains. While under anesthetic, she vomited and aspirated. Due to lack of oxygen, she is now in a coma and has been placed on life support. The family was all called last night and the Dr's basically admitted they were keeping he alive as long as they can for the baby's sake, but there is little to no brain activity. Now a baby that was wished for, for so long, is likely not going to have a Mama. Miracles do happen, and we could really

I hope everything works out send positive vibes
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I binge watch as well... Vikings, Daredevil, Game of Thrones, Mad Men, House of Cards, etc. I prefer it to watching it episode by episode a week at a time. We are pretty much caught up on everything so I keel my eye open for something else.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    Tried the Salted Caramel Truffle blizzard yesterday. It was ok, very rich. I got a small (should have got the mini) not sure it was worth the 700+some calories.

I have to admit that I read your profile picture as Poop Tart. The two lumps on top of the heart make it look like a double O. ;)
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    We're massive binge watchers, currently doing Primeval.

Confession: I'm 250 cals in the red and don't care because it's telling me I'd be 3kg lighter in 5 weeks anyway. score.

I really like that show before it kind of went downhill.
  • 81Katz
    Options
    Tried the Salted Caramel Truffle blizzard yesterday. It was ok, very rich. I got a small (should have got the mini) not sure it was worth the 700+some calories.

I have to admit that I read your profile picture as Poop Tart. The two lumps on top of the heart make it look like a double O. ;)

:lol: Didn't think of that. Now I see it too. I should change the pic huh? LOL
  • 81Katz
    Options
    Dun dun dun dunnnnnn pop tart cat! :lol:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Today's supposed to be my rest day, but like every week, I'm bored, and I'm probably going to go to the gym anyway...
  • Bemix
    Bemix Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »

I had sex for about 30 minutes after snoozing the alarm 3 times, and I DID totally forget to put on deoderant (but I did shower) LOL ... and yes... I'm bragging.

This made me smile quite a bit. Cheers!
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Today's supposed to be my rest day, but like every week, I'm bored, and I'm probably going to go to the gym anyway...

I'm in the same boat. Yesterday I was stupid and worked out on top of rearranging furniture. Everything points to this should be a rest day, but it's too damn nice out to stay inside today.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Dun dun dun dunnnnnn pop tart cat! :lol:

Go pop tart cat! Or maybe come here, so I can take a nice, big bite out of your delicious pop-tarty torso...
  • JeanWolfSpirit
    JeanWolfSpirit Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    I watched like, 6 episodes of the Netflix Daredevil today. I was doing a really good job of only watching one at a time... Oh well.

I watched the whole third season of American Horror Story in one night. 13 45-minute long episodes. Yep. You are not alone with the binge watching.

Is Daredevil any good?

Yes! A bit overhyped IMO or maybe it's just because I'm more into less dark shows, but still good, and definitely got better after a few episodes (I'm only on episode 6 I think... just watching pretty much one episode at a time with my husband when we have time).

And I've binge watched way too many shows (all of Stargate, Doctor Who, Supernatural, Gilmore Girl, House, Ally Mc Beal, Grey's Anatomy, Vampire Diaries...) but it's limited because of the kids, and I haven't found any binge-worthy show in a while (I keep thinking I want to get back into XFiles or Finge but I get kinda bored after one episode).

I feel that way about "Breaking Bad". Everyone goes on about what a fantastic show it is, but I just can't get into it. Right now, I'm binge-watching "Murder, She Wrote", lol. It's one of my all-time favorites :)

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »

I'm in the same boat. Yesterday I was stupid and worked out on top of rearranging furniture. Everything points to this should be a rest day, but it's too damn nice out to stay inside today.

It is nice out, but I know I'll burn more calories on the treadmill as I can put an incline, lol. And I'm 2400 calories in the red this week (assuming I stick to my goal today), so I don't think it's going to hurt if I burn 300-400 extra calories...
  • JeanWolfSpirit
    JeanWolfSpirit Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Does anyone binge on "walking dead" ? I think me and my daughter have a million times lol mostly my daughter , she controls the remote.
  • overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Does anyone binge on "walking dead" ? I think me and my daughter have a million times lol mostly my daughter , she controls the remote.

Totally! It's one of my favorite shows. I watch every episode as it airs, and then when they go on hiatus, I binge-watch all the seasons at some point so I can get my fix :)
  • Bemix
    Bemix Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I love the show, but I make myself do some treadmill while I watch. lol
  • ethim
    ethim Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    All these TV shows that people binge watch are why I can't get netflix/amazon prime/etc. I'm afraid I'll turn into even more of a hermit if I can watch whatever, whenever!
  • overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    IAmTheGlue wrote: »
    So, speaking of feeling like a fraud... I'm down almost 37 pounds as of this morning. I'm still just above 260 pounds. I was 300 in January. What I'm doing is working well for me.

Anyway, I haven't seen my cousin (more like a sister) in a year because she keeps making plans and cancelling. She has mentioned repeatedly that she's at her highest weight ever and I think that is the reason. We text all day everyday so we are pretty close.

She went to see a dietician a few days ago who told her *drumroll* "eat more and eat more often -at least every two hours- to lose weight". That was her take on it anyway. :neutral:

I just listened and felt like a fraud. I can't say "I've lost x and this is how" because I want to see her and I know that she's super self concious about gaining weight. I hope that makes sense. I don't want her to know that I'm losing while she's gaining and it make her less likely to show up. Also, I don't feel like a whole lot of people want diet advice from someone overweight.

It's so tricky, isn't it? I have a cousin that's getting married in October, and she's mentioned off and on via Facebook that she's trying to lose weight. I never post about my weight loss, but when she posted about going down a size and how her loss has stalled, I sent her a private message. I congratulated her on her loss, confessed my own loss, and told her all about MFP in case she wanted to give it a shot to help her get to her goal. She never responded, and now I wonder if she thought I was bragging (I wasn't, I swear; I just wanted to prove that MFP works) or if she thought that I was implying that she needed to lose more weight. I was just trying to help and never would've said anything if she hadn't mentioned being stalled (implying that she did want to lose more weight). I guess it's basically a lose-lose (no pun intended) situation when it comes to talking about weight loss. :/