Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Russandol
    Russandol Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Russandol wrote: »
    1) I spent most of Friday evening and Sunday reading this thread. I'm now up to page 250.

2) I have issues with mindless eating. I wouldn't say I binge, but I sometimes eat rather aggressively, just shovelling stuff in to finish all of what I have on my plate/the box I'm holding. And then I feel a bit sick and uncomfortable afterwards. I don't know why I do it. I think it has something to do with being bullied for being fat and being uncomfortable eating around people (my father would tease me about how much I ate when I was younger, not maliciously but thinking he was being affectionate, and it's made me a little awkward about eating when he's around). The stupid thing is that I've lived on my own for 15 years, so there's no one around when I eat, but I still cram stuff in like I was trying to finish it before someone sees me.

I was about to ask if you have siblings because that behavior is normally from a large family and it is fights for seconds. I used to tell my boyfriend he eats like a prisoner because he ate so fast. Then he would get indigestion and hiccups because he ate so fast he was swallowing air at the same time. Now I make him sit at a table and put his knife and fork down between mouthfuls. I would say you are getting pains because you are also swallowing air.

I actually only have a younger sister, and I can't really recall there being any fighting over the food when we were younger. Unless you count my dad, who would (and still does) just grab seconds without even checking, let alone asking, if anyone else wanted some. :disappointed: Mostly, I think it's a shame thing. I don't want anyone to see me eat because I feel ashamed of my size, which was why I would sneak food when I still lived at home. Might be a remnant from those times. The silly thing? I wasn't huge then, just a couple of kilos overweight. I'm still only about 10-15 kg overweight, but the amount of self-loathing and self-esteem issues I have could make you think I was much bigger.

The air thing sounds plausible, though. I probably am.
  • lalabrucey
    lalabrucey Posts: 243 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    kayfaei wrote: »
    A couple of pages ago someone mentioned I should try some Dark chocolate dreams wonder peanut butter. I was at the store and it caught my eye so I got it today. I haven't tried it yet! but thank you for the suggestion. The reason I didn't eat it was cause I was in the kitchen and about to add some fruit with it and my sister comes in with a iced fudge brownie that she bought from the store and asked if i wanted a peice.. I haven't had cake/brownie since I started on April 1st and its my most fav dessert. So I got a piece. MFP says 1/2 piece is 260 cals.. I tried to make the piece a perfect square. who knows who much it was.

Which brings me to something else.. I finally ordered a food scale - just waiting to pick it up from Wal-mart. But once I get it.. and I weigh my meats/pasta/and breads/veggies.. Do I have to create a new dish for each? to put the oz/grams? Is that how it works? Cause what ive been doing without a food scale is using the bar code scanner - and i just guessitmate on the grams or Oz's that OTHER people have done. and the calories.. Do you just still add how many calories are in one serving and MFP will calculate the cal's according to how many servings you have?

If the database or 'Your Food' database entry serve size is entered in grams, then when you add the food, you will get a couple of options for the serve size. So [quantity] x [serve size]
    By default it comes up with 1 x [serve size] e.g. 1 x 59g
    But you can change the serve size to 1g and instead adjust quantity
    so for the example above serve size = 59g, and you have 72g, just say 72 x 1g

At least this is how I do it and it's a breeze - especially for common items because you just vary [quantity]

I have noted many database entries vary from the food labels available here in NZ so it is worth checking as much as you can and building your own entries if required

Good luck!

L.
  • PoundChaser2
    PoundChaser2 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »
    I feel like my sisters judge the fact that I do pole fitness, and it annoys me. They have both told me that I can't buy a pole and put it in the house, but one day in the near future (once a sale comes around) I am going to put a pole up and they're just going to have to deal with it.

Pole Fitness/Dancing is excellent exercise. Google IFBB Fitness Pro Oksana Grishinia in the 2014 Arnold classic and then show your sister and lets see what she has to say about pole fitness.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    So I'm now looking at 3500 extra calories this week... I'm just so hungry, I'm just not even craving anything but eating anything I can find hoping it will help... and it doesn't. I hate PMS. I'm seriously in tears over this... every single month, I end up undoing 2 weeks of deficit because of it...

I think you should definitely see your doctor about it, because it's really not normal and I'd hate to live that way! My birth control sometimes makes my hormones all wonky and I'm super-starving and I do the same thing, but luckily it only happened for one round (I use the shot, so I get a new jab every 12 weeks)... And it was just horrible.

Do you think an appetite suppressant (The prescription kind, not the useless over-the-counter kind) might help out, if the doctor were to prescribe it for PMS week? It might be worth a shot...

As for my confession: I ate five thousand calories yesterday. Yup, FIVE THOUSAND--and that's just an estimate.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    Skim milk is gross and should be banned. Hate it.

I love skimmed milk. It tastes awesome, and if it ever gets banned I'm coming after you with a pitchfork! ;) I know I'm really weird, but I think the taste of the cream in low-fat and full-fat milk interferes with the "milk" taste!
  • Russandol
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I had issues with that, and for the therapist, it qualified as binging. For the emotional side of it, it wouldn't hurt to get help. For the actual going through the motions of it, they had me break the habit by only eating things off a plate or bowl, only at a table, not watching tv or reading a book or anything else. Any time I ate, I had to go through the process of preparing it, cutting it up, whatever might need to be done, taking it out of the bag or package, etc. The idea was that I could only eat something if I'd gone through the trouble of dirtying dishes and gave it my full, undivided attention while eating. No more sitting with a bag of chips at the computer and next thing I know, the bag is empty.

I have considered it, on and off, but I always wimp out. :/ Thank you for the tip about designating an "eating place" (for lack of a better term) with clear rules - I may try that out. I love reading while I eat, though, mainly because I want some kind of mental stimulation. Sadly, it often ends up being the distracting kind that makes me overeat...
  • lecordy
    lecordy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Ummm, confession, I have started buying ready meals because the calories are already worked out for you on the back of the packaging and I don't have to weigh anything in order to update myfitnesspal!

Alllllsssooo, I eat my lunch at 11:00am because I get hungry :s and also I usually have to go out and do chores/exercise on my actual lunch break. and then by 3pm I am ravenous and I have to fight really hard not to go out and buy carbs. I have an apple sitting next to me on my desk right now, I will eat it in a couple of hours (it is 13:45 now), and hopefully that will do it... fingers crossed!
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I'm a mean sister. I sometimes wish my younger sister (a year and a half younger than me) also was a type 1 diabetic. I don't know, it just annoys me when she gloats in my face about all the food she can eat when I have to limit my consumption or exclude completely certain foods in order to prevent myself from going into the 200s and feeling like crap. It also ticks me off when she doesn't give a care in the world about what she eats, complains about how fat she is and how I am fitting into clothes of hers that are too small, but then goes ahead and makes fun of all the "healthy junk" I eat.

She actually accused me one time of faking my hypoglycemia events -I asked her to do something for me when I was trying to bring up a low blood sugar, and she made that comment. That's how ignorant she is. Oh how much I wish for her to actually feel what it is like to experience a low blood sugar or the fatigue that comes along with staying up all night trying to flush out ketones so that you would not go into DKA.

Rant over. :disappointed:
  • Russandol
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    My confession - I think it's serious BS that the US is getting all the Marvel movies a week after Europe. NOT FAIR. *throws a 2yo tantrum*

Hey now, it's not uncommon for us to get films MONTHS after they premiered in the US and we're expected to just suck that up. Cut us a little slack. :wink: A week is nothing. (Confession: I've toyed with the idea of spoilering the hell out of a Marvel film just to annoy the people (mostly North Americans) who've spoilered me in the past since they had to gloat. I won't, though. I'm not THAT evil.) ... also, totally seeing Age of Ultron tomorrow. :D

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    abatonfan wrote: »
    I'm a mean sister. I sometimes wish my younger sister (a year and a half younger than me) also was a type 1 diabetic. I don't know, it just annoys me when she gloats in my face about all the food she can eat when I have to limit my consumption or exclude completely certain foods in order to prevent myself from going into the 200s and feeling like crap. It also ticks me off when she doesn't give a care in the world about what she eats, complains about how fat she is and how I am fitting into clothes of hers that are too small, but then goes ahead and makes fun of all the "healthy junk" I eat.

She actually accused me one time of faking my hypoglycemia events -I asked her to do something for me when I was trying to bring up a low blood sugar, and she made that comment. That's how ignorant she is. Oh how much I wish for her to actually feel what it is like to experience a low blood sugar or the fatigue that comes along with staying up all night trying to flush out ketones so that you would not go into DKA.

Rant over. :disappointed:

I am also a T1 and am wondering why you have to exclude foods? As long as you take your rapid at a proper carb to insulin ratio, you should be able to eat literally anything you want!

I will confess I am feeling a bit judgy that you would wish this horrible disease on anyone.....esp someone you love....I am SO thankful my sister nor my son ended up with it....

The last post is crap, although I think it is -not common- but does happen among non diabetics......nobody has ever come out and said that to me, but I wonder if anyone ever thinks it.....
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I have been feeling guilty about something that happened 16 years ago....lately it has been really driving me mad and even kept me awake last night.....
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    I made a mug cake with Equal sweetener yesterday and it was awful. I was so excited to find the sugar at my aunt's this time that I made two cakes and ate them.

My aunt's smallest dog is an a--hole. He's a yorkie who gets into EVERYTHING if you turn your back, especially unattended food. He's so sweet and cuddly, but he is the devil. Once when I was dogsitting, he jumped on the kitchen table and ate a bunch of my food that I brought with me while I was in the shower. The kitchen is gated from now on when I shower.

What a stinker!

My aunt had a Rottweiler mix that two Easters in a row she deshelled the Easter Eggs & ate them.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    sydkins432 wrote: »
    I haven't gone over my calorie intake in over 50 days. My fitbit says i burn between 2300 and 3000 calories a day and I have only lost 5 pounds. I think they're is something wrong with me, but I am afraid to go to the doctor.

How much weight do you have to lose? Are you tracking your food on a digital food scale to make sure you're eating the correct portion?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    I confess that my period is coming up & I ate way too many sweets yesterday.

I had a whole Ben & Jerry's Peanut Butter Half Baked pint
    3 Friendly's Cotton Candy ice cream cups
    19-20 Oreos

Did some exercise yesterday & had enough to eat some of the Friendly's & almost all of the Ben & Jerry's Peanut Butter Half Baked.

Damn willpower & period.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    1) I spent most of Friday evening and Sunday reading this thread. I'm now up to page 250.

2) I have issues with mindless eating. I wouldn't say I binge, but I sometimes eat rather aggressively, just shovelling stuff in to finish all of what I have on my plate/the box I'm holding. And then I feel a bit sick and uncomfortable afterwards. I don't know why I do it. I think it has something to do with being bullied for being fat and being uncomfortable eating around people (my father would tease me about how much I ate when I was younger, not maliciously but thinking he was being affectionate, and it's made me a little awkward about eating when he's around). The stupid thing is that I've lived on my own for 15 years, so there's no one around when I eat, but I still cram stuff in like I was trying to finish it before someone sees me.

I was about to ask if you have siblings because that behavior is normally from a large family and it is fights for seconds. I used to tell my boyfriend he eats like a prisoner because he ate so fast. Then he would get indigestion and hiccups because he ate so fast he was swallowing air at the same time. Now I make him sit at a table and put his knife and fork down between mouthfuls. I would say you are getting pains because you are also swallowing air.

I actually only have a younger sister, and I can't really recall there being any fighting over the food when we were younger. Unless you count my dad, who would (and still does) just grab seconds without even checking, let alone asking, if anyone else wanted some. :disappointed: Mostly, I think it's a shame thing. I don't want anyone to see me eat because I feel ashamed of my size, which was why I would sneak food when I still lived at home. Might be a remnant from those times. The silly thing? I wasn't huge then, just a couple of kilos overweight. I'm still only about 10-15 kg overweight, but the amount of self-loathing and self-esteem issues I have could make you think I was much bigger.

The air thing sounds plausible, though. I probably am.

Well, I think everyone hides naughty food. I have biscuits in my drawer at work. :confounded: But I only have one if I really want one. I won't tell myself I cant have them EVER again but if it is Gym day and I fancy something sweet I will allow myself one... or two. but no more and savor them.
    It sounds more like you are secretive eating so people can't judge you.
    Do you do it with just naughty food or all food? I would go with what JPW1990 suggests
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    I have been feeling guilty about something that happened 16 years ago....lately it has been really driving me mad and even kept me awake last night.....

Is there any way of making peace with the situation?
  • Emmatyan
    Emmatyan Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    1. I used to edit my photos to make myself look slim. Like every single one of them. Now I don't, I post photos right away wothout editing. But when I show them to people "Look how much slimmer I got" I receive "Wait, but you haven't been fat at all!".
    2. During periods I don't keep my diet and eat a lot of sweets. Then I feel guilty about it.
    3. While working quite a lot on my body, very often I can't help thinking that this is all pointless. Whatever body I have, I will never love myself and, moreover, nobody will love me. What made me think weight matters?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    I get really jealous when other people get delicious food, and I don't. My husband is going out for ribs tonight with a buddy, and I'm scowling about the spaghetti I planned for dinner.

I'd way rather have spaghetti!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    I get really jealous when other people get delicious food, and I don't. My husband is going out for ribs tonight with a buddy, and I'm scowling about the spaghetti I planned for dinner.

My first double post! :p I feel like Francl
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    No work today, slept in, haven't walked yet. Stalling. I still feel too tired. Woke up at 4:30 am, didn't fall back asleep until after 5am, alarm about to go off at 6, shut it off at 5:55. Oops!