Sugar free detox

Options

Replies

• stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I did a juice "Detox" once where all you drink are these premade fresh juices for three day. They are comprised of real fruits and veggies, not one of those OTC or GNC juice detoxes. The one I ordered was from Squeezed Online. It was supposed to alleviate your food addictions (mine is sugar). I felt great after the detox, like some one had hit the reset button, but it didn't last more than a few months before I slowly started cycling artificial sugar back into my diet. This time around I'm just going to try every day to have less sugar than the previous day.

Juice is basically pure sugar, without even the fiber that people always says makes fruit different.
    These juices were made of only fruits and veggies. Look up the website and you will see what I mean. Obviously my goal was to reduce the amount of artificial sugar, not natural sugars.
    Did you know that that white granulated sugar that you get in bags and is in candy and everything comes from a vegetable?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I did a juice "Detox" once where all you drink are these premade fresh juices for three day. They are comprised of real fruits and veggies, not one of those OTC or GNC juice detoxes. The one I ordered was from Squeezed Online. It was supposed to alleviate your food addictions (mine is sugar). I felt great after the detox, like some one had hit the reset button, but it didn't last more than a few months before I slowly started cycling artificial sugar back into my diet. This time around I'm just going to try every day to have less sugar than the previous day.

Addressing a "sugar addiction" by drinking only juice makes no sense. A juice fast is full of sugar.
  • fitmomhappymom
    fitmomhappymom Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    By artificial sugar I mean the crap you find in snickers, cereals and all the other stuff I know is not helping me reach my goals. I'm not going to lie to myself and say that these things are just fine, because for me they're not.
    I have PCOS and I notice when I'm eating too much of this crap food I have bad hormonal acne and I just don't feel as good as I could.
    So if you can incorporate all this junk food into your daily goals, good for you! But me personally, I feel like crap when I eat like crap.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options

Addressing a "sugar addiction" by drinking only juice makes no sense. A juice fast is full of sugar.

It makes complete sense as long as you buy into hype over logic.
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    By artificial sugar I mean the crap you find in snickers, cereals and all the other stuff I know is not helping me reach my goals. I'm not going to lie to myself and say that these things are just fine, because for me they're not.
    I have PCOS and I notice when I'm eating too much of this crap food I have bad hormonal acne and I just don't feel as good as I could.
    So if you can incorporate all this junk food into your daily goals, good for you! But me personally, I feel like crap when I eat like crap.

Okay, but that sugar isn't "artificial."

I don't care if someone wants to eliminate added sugar from their diet -- but let's be accurate.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

that is not artificial ..it is sugar..

and junk food is meaningless in the context of an overall diet that is hitting macro/micros and calorie targets
  • brianpperkins
    Options

That sugar is the exact same chemical compound as what you put in your body with juices. You are attempting to demonize or canonize the same thing based on its wrapper. The logical inconsistencies in your post are astounding ... but it is those logical inconsistencies that the detox market depends upon for business.
  • fitmomhappymom
    Options

When I want to look like either of you, then perhaps I'll take your trolling advice.
    The OP asked a question, I responded with my experience which obviously you didn't read in its entirety. Anywho, I enjoyed the juices, I bought a juicer to make my own, and I would recommend it. If you don't subscribe to that notion, more power to you. There are more than one ways to meet your fitness goals and the method I like may not be the one you like. Either way I'm happy with my body, just as I'm sure you're happy with yours. So since we've established that I feel there is nothing more to discuss. Have a great day!
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Doing a sugar-free detox is absolutely the wrong way to go. You need the granulation to help scrub the kidney walls and purge the liver ducts. I have an extra-sugar cleanse that works wonders if you're interested, OP.
  • janejellyroll
    Options

When I want to look like either of you, then perhaps I'll take your trolling advice.
    The OP asked a question, I responded with my experience which obviously you didn't read in its entirety. Anywho, I enjoyed the juices, I bought a juicer to make my own, and I would recommend it. If you don't subscribe to that notion, more power to you. There are more than one ways to meet your fitness goals and the method I like may not be the one you like. Either way I'm happy with my body, just as I'm sure you're happy with yours. So since we've established that I feel there is nothing more to discuss. Have a great day!

There is more than one way to meet your goals, but there isn't more than one set of facts.

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    By artificial sugar I mean the crap you find in snickers, cereals and all the other stuff

No such thing as artificial sugar. Yes, there are artificial sweeteners (aspartame, sucralose, etc) but sugar is sugar and exists in nature, no matter its source. Table sugar is sucrose. Honey is fructose and glucose. Maple syrup is sucrose. Agave nectar is fructose with some glucose (and has higher fructose that HFCS). Corn syrup is fructose and glucose. Milk sugars are lactose.

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options

If you juice, you are removing the fiber. How is that healthy? Most people don't get enough fiber anyway so why not eat the fruits and veggies and get added benefits rather than removing benefits?

• tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    By artificial sugar I mean the crap you find in snickers, cereals and all the other stuff

No such thing as artificial sugar. Yes, there are artificial sweeteners (aspartame, sucralose, etc) but sugar is sugar and exists in nature, no matter its source. Table sugar is sucrose. Honey is fructose and glucose. Maple syrup is sucrose. Agave nectar is fructose with some glucose (and has higher fructose that HFCS). Corn syrup is fructose and glucose. Milk sugars are lactose.

That's a lot of 'oses. Sounds a little too sciencey to me. We don't cotton to that kind of fancy-schmancy science nonsense round these parts...
  • fitmomhappymom
    Options

There is more than one way to meet your goals, but there isn't more than one set of facts.
    Take it how you want it, but I feel better when I eat less candy bars and cake. I find it humorous that you are so much of a troll that you would find something to argue about in that statement. You'd think all that junk food you're advocating would make you just a little sweeter on the inside, I guess not. :neutral:
    So like I've said over and over and over, my goal is to eat less of this stuff. Why you have such an issue with my personal fitness goals, I have no idea. I guess that's just the nature of a troll. Maybe when you start seeing the results you'd like to see, you'll be a little happier with yourself and a little less of a jerk.
  • brianpperkins
    Options

You have no chance of looking as good physically or intellectually as I do. Your attempted insult is laughable. Your posts are based on drivel, not fact. If post based on fallacies and failed insults are all you have to offer, then you offer nothing of value.

You haven't addressed the very simple fact that you demonize sugar from one source, yet canonize the exact same compound from elsewhere ... it is a contradictory position.
  • janejellyroll
    Options

Take it how you want it, but I feel better when I eat less candy bars and cake. I find it humorous that you are so much of a troll that you would find something to argue about in that statement. You'd think all that junk food you're advocating would make you just a little sweeter on the inside, I guess not. :neutral:
    So like I've said over and over and over, my goal is to eat less of this stuff. Why you have such an issue with my personal fitness goals, I have no idea. I guess that's just the nature of a troll. Maybe when you start seeing the results you'd like to see, you'll be a little happier with yourself and a little less of a jerk.

Just because people disagree doesn't make them trolls.

I'm not arguing that you feel better when you eat fewer candy bars and cake. I rarely eat them myself, so I can understand. Nobody has an issue with your personal fitness goals. Every single statement so far (that I've seen) has been simply about the misinformation that you're attempting to spread.

I'm happy with my results. I'm not sure why you are projecting so much, but would you like to keep this conversation about the facts and leave the personal stuff out of it? Or is the personal stuff what you prefer to focus on?
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options

Given what everyone's saying about sugar being sugar regardless of its source, maybe what made you feel bad was something else in the candy bars and cake, not the sugar.
  • janejellyroll
    Options

You have no chance of looking as good physically or intellectually as I do. Your attempted insult is laughable. Your posts are based on drivel, not fact. If post based on fallacies and failed insults are all you have to offer, then you offer nothing of value.

You haven't addressed the very simple fact that you demonize sugar from one source, yet canonize the exact same compound from elsewhere ... it is a contradictory position.

LOL ok.
    I say I want to eat less cake, and 30 random strangers jump down my throat telling me I'll die without cake.
    You can use whatever Google search you'd like to justify being a complete DB, but the fact still remains.
    I feel like I've said all that needs to be said and you obviously understand the point I'm making, but the fact that you're just an internet troll will not allow you to admit this. It's sad that people who are probably very lovely face to face can be such jerks online just because they're unhappy with themselves.
    Oh well.
    I'm going to stick with my goal to eat less junk food. Good luck on your goals.

Nobody said you would die without cake. You don't seem to understand what people are writing. Would you consider reviewing what has actually been written and responding to that?

• adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options

LOL ok.
    I say I want to eat less cake, and 30 random strangers jump down my throat telling me I'll die without cake.
    You can use whatever Google search you'd like to justify being a complete DB, but the fact still remains.
    I feel like I've said all that needs to be said and you obviously understand the point I'm making, but the fact that you're just an internet troll will not allow you to admit this. It's sad that people who are probably very lovely face to face can be such jerks online just because they're unhappy with themselves.
    Oh well.
    I'm going to stick with my goal to eat less junk food. Good luck on your goals.

Nobody said you would die without cake. You don't seem to understand what people are writing. Would you consider reviewing what has actually been written and responding to that?

Shhhh! I'm right and you're wrong! Everyone is just jerks and you're picking on me!. Sigh, yep people are trolls because they're debating on an open internet forum.