ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    runner475 wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I dont eat purified sugar... I cook from scratch and when I rarely bake I use fruits or a little honey to sweeten

I don't have a sweet tooth, already liked dark chocolate like to eat iwth with a bit of salt on it :)

I do eat refined sugar in baked goods / foods ... I cook from scratch and when I bake I use the recipe

I don't have a particularly sweet tooth either and I like dark chocolate .. and salted caramel and ice cream bars omnomnom

what I do is watch my overall calories, my protein intake and my fibre .. the rest can just fall where it falls ... weight loss and maintenance should be how you can live for life

Neither the OP nor the poster you quoted ever mentioned their worries about "weight loss" or "maintenance"

Isn't it cool how we always assume people must be concerned about certain things when they aren't?

isn't it cool how some people love to referee the forums...

last time I checked you were allowed to express an opinion in an open, public, forum, regardless of topic...

Sure but at least be on the topic and answer what the OP is asking. Isn't this thread about the OP. I thought so.

EDTA : Bolded part that's when they say people who talk on a thread regardless of topic are considered "internet troll". They said no one takes them seriously.

Nevermind. You carry on your Sugar battle.

so now you are the "opinion police"...?

Just for you.... On Mondays - Yes.

I find it funny that you are now violating your own rule...

irony is ironic..

• runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    adamitri wrote: »
    I dont eat purified sugar... I cook from scratch and when I rarely bake I use fruits or a little honey to sweeten

I don't have a sweet tooth, already liked dark chocolate like to eat iwth with a bit of salt on it :)

I do eat refined sugar in baked goods / foods ... I cook from scratch and when I bake I use the recipe

I don't have a particularly sweet tooth either and I like dark chocolate .. and salted caramel and ice cream bars omnomnom

what I do is watch my overall calories, my protein intake and my fibre .. the rest can just fall where it falls ... weight loss and maintenance should be how you can live for life

Neither the OP nor the poster you quoted ever mentioned their worries about "weight loss" or "maintenance"

Isn't it cool how we always assume people must be concerned about certain things when they aren't?

last time I checked you were allowed to express an opinion in an open, public, forum, regardless of topic...

Sure but at least be on the topic and answer what the OP is asking. Isn't this thread about the OP. I thought so.

Thought so what? So people cannot give a personal opinion on the forums now?

Did you even read the entire post. No one is saying not to give personal opinion but at least stick to what the OP has asked. Won't you.

That's exactly what you're saying though. Because she talked about how she took in sugar and thought it was okay to have while maintaining and losing weight, you're saying that it's wrong.

I want you to throw in a post from OP where they have used these words "maintaining" "losing weight". Can you post the exact quote from OP's comments with those words. Because I searched and I didn't find them.

I don't have to, that part was her personal opinion. Therefore she should be able to say it.

You don't have and you are challenging my comments. Are you serious or do you love quoting me?

BTW I didnot see you responding you to OP at all but rather only quoting people who have responded to OP. .... don't you have anything to say to them for their concern. Not even 2 words.

EDTA : You are waste of time.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I did a juice "Detox" once where all you drink are these premade fresh juices for three day. They are comprised of real fruits and veggies, not one of those OTC or GNC juice detoxes. The one I ordered was from Squeezed Online. It was supposed to alleviate your food addictions (mine is sugar). I felt great after the detox, like some one had hit the reset button, but it didn't last more than a few months before I slowly started cycling artificial sugar back into my diet. This time around I'm just going to try every day to have less sugar than the previous day.

Addressing a "sugar addiction" by drinking only juice makes no sense. A juice fast is full of sugar.

It makes complete sense as long as you buy into hype over logic.
    When I want to look like either of you, then perhaps I'll take your trolling advice.
    The OP asked a question, I responded with my experience which obviously you didn't read in its entirety. Anywho, I enjoyed the juices, I bought a juicer to make my own, and I would recommend it. If you don't subscribe to that notion, more power to you. There are more than one ways to meet your fitness goals and the method I like may not be the one you like. Either way I'm happy with my body, just as I'm sure you're happy with yours. So since we've established that I feel there is nothing more to discuss. Have a great day!

You have no chance of looking as good physically or intellectually as I do. Your attempted insult is laughable. Your posts are based on drivel, not fact. If post based on fallacies and failed insults are all you have to offer, then you offer nothing of value.

You haven't addressed the very simple fact that you demonize sugar from one source, yet canonize the exact same compound from elsewhere ... it is a contradictory position.

LOL ok.
    I say I want to eat less cake, and 30 random strangers jump down my throat telling me I'll die without cake.

Oh? Care to link?

(I almost never eat cake. I also don't drink juice, and am usually below my sugar guideline, although I don't much care. I don't pretend like there's some huge difference between the sugar I add to a rhubarb sauce and the sugar that is naturally in the pear I ate this morning, and I also see no reason why I should cut out all chocolate and ice cream when I can eat them in moderation and feel just fine. On the other hand, as I said to OP, I think it can be helpful for some, including me at one point, to cut down on sugary foods, especially if they are difficult to moderate. I would NEVER recommend replacing them with juice, though--that seems counterproductive. I always do recommend getting more whole fruits and veggies, though, and smoothies can be good if people find them easier to drink than eat.)

TBF, there's the post on the first page stating unequivocally, if you don't eat sugar (not carbs, specifically sugar) you cannot survive.

Well, clearly you can get sugar from fruit and dairy (and veggies), and starches get treated basically the same also, so I don't think that counts. If you want, I'll agree that we obviously don't need to consume "added sugar" (I've cut it out before without it being particularly burdensome, although I don't want to do that forever), and that in theory we can be healthy without consuming fruits, dairy, or veggies, or any other food items with sugar, although I'd strongly recommend against trying it, as I'm not convinced vitamins are sufficient to replicate what we get from food.

The statement you referenced is no doubt just a clumsy way of saying your body is going to make glucose anyway, so trying to keep your body sugar-free is pointless. But Katie Couric says that all my fatness was because grandma put some sugar in the tomato sauce, oh, no!
  • MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

Did you even read the entire post. No one is saying not to give personal opinion but at least stick to what the OP has asked. Won't you.

That's exactly what you're saying though. Because she talked about how she took in sugar and thought it was okay to have while maintaining and losing weight, you're saying that it's wrong.

I want you to throw in a post from OP where they have used these words "maintaining" "losing weight". Can you post the exact quote from OP's comments with those words. Because I searched and I didn't find them.

Well according to OP's profile she wants to lose 60 pounds....sooooo....yeah.

OP - I'm not sure why you need to buy a cookbook to reduce your sugar intake? If you want to stick to more nutrient dense sources of sugar, reduce cookie intake? Like someone pointed out, you aren't going to find many recipes in there that you wouldn't find searching the internet. I don't add a cup of sugar to my dinner recipes even if I'm not low carbing.

• runner475
    Options

EDTA : Bolded part that's when they say people who talk on a thread regardless of topic are considered "internet troll". They said no one takes them seriously.

irony is ironic..

Isn't it cool.
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options

I don't have to, that part was her personal opinion. Therefore she should be able to say it.

You don't have and you are challenging my comments. Are you serious or do you love quoting me?

BTW I didnot see you responding you to OP at all but rather only quoting people who have responded to OP. .... don't you have anything to say to them for their concern. Not even 2 words.

Just like you are my dear, and I'm of the same mindset of most of the people here so I felt no need to reiterate what was already said. But please continue looking down on people from your high horse.
  • ndj1979
    Options

don't you have anything better to do than nitpick peoples comments and be the "opinion police"?
  • ndj1979
    Options

irony is ironic..

Isn't it cool.

cool? Oh you mean in that ivory tower that you live in?
  • Gianfranco_R
    Gianfranco_R Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I did a juice "Detox" once where all you drink are these premade fresh juices for three day. They are comprised of real fruits and veggies, not one of those OTC or GNC juice detoxes. The one I ordered was from Squeezed Online. It was supposed to alleviate your food addictions (mine is sugar). I felt great after the detox, like some one had hit the reset button, but it didn't last more than a few months before I slowly started cycling artificial sugar back into my diet. This time around I'm just going to try every day to have less sugar than the previous day.

Addressing a "sugar addiction" by drinking only juice makes no sense. A juice fast is full of sugar.

When I want to look like either of you, then perhaps I'll take your trolling advice.
    The OP asked a question, I responded with my experience which obviously you didn't read in its entirety. Anywho, I enjoyed the juices, I bought a juicer to make my own, and I would recommend it. If you don't subscribe to that notion, more power to you. There are more than one ways to meet your fitness goals and the method I like may not be the one you like. Either way I'm happy with my body, just as I'm sure you're happy with yours. So since we've established that I feel there is nothing more to discuss. Have a great day!

You have no chance of looking as good physically or intellectually as I do. Your attempted insult is laughable. Your posts are based on drivel, not fact. If post based on fallacies and failed insults are all you have to offer, then you offer nothing of value.

You haven't addressed the very simple fact that you demonize sugar from one source, yet canonize the exact same compound from elsewhere ... it is a contradictory position.

LOL ok.
    I say I want to eat less cake, and 30 random strangers jump down my throat telling me I'll die without cake.

Oh? Care to link?

(I almost never eat cake. I also don't drink juice, and am usually below my sugar guideline, although I don't much care. I don't pretend like there's some huge difference between the sugar I add to a rhubarb sauce and the sugar that is naturally in the pear I ate this morning, and I also see no reason why I should cut out all chocolate and ice cream when I can eat them in moderation and feel just fine. On the other hand, as I said to OP, I think it can be helpful for some, including me at one point, to cut down on sugary foods, especially if they are difficult to moderate. I would NEVER recommend replacing them with juice, though--that seems counterproductive. I always do recommend getting more whole fruits and veggies, though, and smoothies can be good if people find them easier to drink than eat.)

TBF, there's the post on the first page stating unequivocally, if you don't eat sugar (not carbs, specifically sugar) you cannot survive.

Well, clearly you can get sugar from fruit and dairy (and veggies), and starches get treated basically the same also, so I don't think that counts.

The statement you referenced is no doubt just a clumsy way of saying your body is going to make glucose anyway, so trying to keep your body sugar-free is pointless. But Katie Couric says that all my fatness was because grandma put some sugar in the tomato sauce, oh, no!

Is that an authentic interpretation? :smile:
  • Looncove_Farm
    Looncove_Farm Posts: 115 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Oh dear. Sugar again. People tend to get all sorts of crazy when theres a sugar question. Hold on, sometimes the ride gets pretty bumpy
  • runner475
    edited April 2015
    Options
    MelRC117 wrote: »

OP - I'm not sure why you need to buy a cookbook to reduce your sugar intake? If you want to stick to more nutrient dense sources of sugar, reduce cookie intake? Like someone pointed out, you aren't going to find many recipes in there that you wouldn't find searching the internet. I don't add a cup of sugar to my dinner recipes even if I'm not low carbing.

Visiting OP's profile when they didnot mention about it - I consider that "stalking" and I don't visit people's profile to learn about them. I always assume if OP wants to disclose it will be provided in their post.

I like being polite especially since I'm here regular.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options

Visiting OP's profile when they didnot mention about it - I consider that "stalking" and I don't visit people's profile to learn about them. I always assume if OP wants to disclose it will be provided it in their post.

It's hard to give advice if you don't know someone's goals. If OP didn't want people knowing her goals, she wouldn't have put them in her public profile. That's why the profile's there, for people to look at.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    Yessssss 4 pages and counting :joy:
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    10461.gif

Any recommendations for a low sugar barbecue sauce? I need something to spice up the flesh of users who are violating the community guidelines. I've decided to dispense with the points system and go right to devouring since you disturbed my slumber on a Monday.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options

Visiting OP's profile when they didnot mention about it - I consider that "stalking" and I don't visit people's profile to learn about them. I always assume if OP wants to disclose it will be provided in their post.

Or provided in their public profile.

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

LOL ok.

Oh? Care to link?

Well, clearly you can get sugar from fruit and dairy (and veggies), and starches get treated basically the same also, so I don't think that counts.

Is that an authentic interpretation? :smile:

Of "[o]ur bodies need sugar to survive"? Sure. I think it's the only possible good faith one, and relates specifically to the idea that we need to "detox" from sugar, which is bizarre.

But, hey, if someone is really arguing that we need to eat cake to survive, let them speak up and correct my misinterpretation. (Also, insert Marie Antoinette joke here, I'm not in the mood to think of one.) ;-)
  • MelRC117
    Options

Yeah, you're far from polite.
  • Librarymind
    Librarymind Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am really surprised at the negativity in some of these posts. I have gone sugar-free many times, both with and without natural alternatives such as raw honey, and my body really responds well to being sugar-free. It makes me feel better all over for as long as I keep it up.
  • MelRC117
    Options
    I am really surprised at the negativity in some of these posts. I have gone sugar-free many times, both with and without natural alternatives such as raw honey, and my body really responds well to being sugar-free. It makes me feel better all over for as long as I keep it up.

That's the point. You aren't really going sugar free. Honey, even raw, organic, gmo free, gluten free, and dairy free honey is still sugar.