Join the Gelato and Ice Cream Group

Options

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »
    Has anyone seen the Sea Salt Caramel Talenti? I swear the recall was ages ago but I haven't been able to find any:(

I get it all the time-- I didn't even know there was a recall. Maybe it was a regional thing?

Could have been a regional thing, I am in the north east. It had something to do with possible peanut contamination. I've tried at my Stop and Shop, Target and Wal-Mart and no one has it.

That makes me sad for you. :( I will share mine if you're willing to drive to southern Georgia to get it. ;)
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Has anyone seen the Sea Salt Caramel Talenti? I swear the recall was ages ago but I haven't been able to find any:(

I get it all the time-- I didn't even know there was a recall. Maybe it was a regional thing?

Could have been a regional thing, I am in the north east. It had something to do with possible peanut contamination. I've tried at my Stop and Shop, Target and Wal-Mart and no one has it.

That makes me sad for you. :( I will share mine if you're willing to drive to southern Georgia to get it. ;)

I would totally drive to Georgia for Sea Salt Caramel Talenti. It's my favorite :D
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Trying to figure out why the blizzards are upside down on their site.

I don't think I've ever had one though...

Hah this is another thing I noticed on the commercial, @I_Will_End_You I said to my husband, "hey look they are copying off Ted Drewes!"

There's a famous St Louis place called Ted Drewes that serves frozen custard concretes and their thing has been to turn it upside down before they serve it to you to show you how thick it is, that place has been in business for 50+ years, I have no idea if other custard places do it but it's funny that DQ is now starting!

I didn't even think of that! I actually had Ted Drewes for the first time in a couple of years yesterday. Carmel apple pie sundae.

I heard Ted Drewes has a new one this year, which is a knockoff of my favorite Andy's Frozen Custard Concretes. Pretzel Caramel Crunch - but I don't see it on their website. We haven't been yet this year. Might have to go this weekend if the weather is nice...

Don't know if you've seen it yet, but Schnucks on The Hill have a few new Talenti flavors that I haven't seen anywhere around here. Raspberry cheesecake and the cookie dough one. Raspberry cheesecake was almost gone. I'm kind of pissed at myself for not buying some...
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options

Aww I'm sorry :(
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm just now trying the Sea Salt Caramel Talenti and I think I'm in love. This is so freaking delicious!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

Hah this is another thing I noticed on the commercial, @I_Will_End_You I said to my husband, "hey look they are copying off Ted Drewes!"

There's a famous St Louis place called Ted Drewes that serves frozen custard concretes and their thing has been to turn it upside down before they serve it to you to show you how thick it is, that place has been in business for 50+ years, I have no idea if other custard places do it but it's funny that DQ is now starting!

I didn't even think of that! I actually had Ted Drewes for the first time in a couple of years yesterday. Carmel apple pie sundae.

I heard Ted Drewes has a new one this year, which is a knockoff of my favorite Andy's Frozen Custard Concretes. Pretzel Caramel Crunch - but I don't see it on their website. We haven't been yet this year. Might have to go this weekend if the weather is nice...

Don't know if you've seen it yet, but Schnucks on The Hill have a few new Talenti flavors that I haven't seen anywhere around here. Raspberry cheesecake and the cookie dough one. Raspberry cheesecake was almost gone. I'm kind of pissed at myself for not buying some...

I haven't but I will look this weekend when I go grocery shopping. I think the reviews have been less than stellar on both of those flavors though. I might just go with that Siverio Maria brand because not only has it gotten a good review, I checked and it's actually made in Italy?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

I haven't but I will look this weekend when I go grocery shopping. I think the reviews have been less than stellar on both of those flavors though. I might just go with that Siverio Maria brand because not only has it gotten a good review, I checked and it's actually made in Italy?

Most people seem to like the Raspberry Cheesecake. I thought that one was really good, I'm just not a huge cheesecake ice cream person. I will say it's the best cheesecake ice cream I've tried-- way better than the Breyer's gelato version. Also the pieces were kinda big and hurt my teeth, but my teeth are cold-sensitive so if yours aren't it probably won't bother you.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

Finishing up a pint right now!

Apologies to the group for my absence lately...had to finish up tax season, and I'm just coming down off the hangover now

• chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    Cortelli wrote: »
    I'm thinking maybe I should join this group. I just recently started eating ice cream again (and I haven't had gelato since the summer of '07!).

I'll definitely peruse the thread, some of the ice creams that I've seen mentioned so far I've never heard of! And I'm getting more curious about Talenti...

I have found all sorts of wonderful ice creams and gelatos through other group members' reviews in the group forum. I'm not even really an ice cream / gelato aficionado but the group got me trying all sorts of incredible treats. Join!

I know right? Before MFP I never heard of Talenti, Jeni's, or Quest bars. It's all MFP fault.

www.theimpulsivebuy.com is another cool site that lists limited edition & new products to keep your eyes peeled for.

So many things that I didn't know existed!
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options

Yeah I haven't seen a good review on the cookie dough, but I've seen a lot of people say they liked the cheesecake one. Siverio Maria? Is that the brand that's like....way down the isle from the rest of the gelato?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I just tried the Gelato Fiasco Sea Salt Caramel.

Holy caramel. Impressive and amazing flavor...but I like the Talenti better.
  • arditarose
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    I've heard about this group. Isn't everyone in it overweight?

Yeah. Sugar is the devil. Need mashed banana recipes.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I'm having a blue bunny ice cream sangwich. Cause I'm broke.
  • arditarose
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »

I hear you. I probably shouldn't have bought gelato fiasco, or shrimp...rent is due soon.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Talenti's on sale. I need a new flavor. What should I get. I can't have gluten. I can't decide. I feel like an idiot.
  • Alluminati
    Options
    Talenti's on sale. I need a new flavor. What should I get. I can't have gluten. I can't decide. I feel like an idiot.

Peanut butter chocolate!
  • Alluminati
    edited April 2015
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    OdesAngel wrote: »

I hear you. I probably shouldn't have bought gelato fiasco, or shrimp...rent is due soon.

Lol I hope you had the time if your life as per Pitbull