Replies

• Arch799
    Arch799 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    turning 43 this year, feel free to add
  • Erinleigh13
    Erinleigh13 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    my motivation has been way down this week....trying to get back on track. how's everyone else doing?
  • 1mumrevolution
    1mumrevolution Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    U
    my motivation has been way down this week....trying to get back on track. how's everyone else doing?
    Yep, me too.
  • tcbutler8627
    tcbutler8627 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Hi guys and girls!! I'm 43 and will be 44 in August. I was on here before a couple of years ago and lost about 30 pounds. Even with working out and trying to eat right, over this winter I gained about 8 back. I guess my metabolism is starting to slow down, well that and of course the holidays. lol So, I decided to come back to help lose that weight and then stay on the right track.
  • cj94404
    cj94404 Posts: 154 Member
    Options

I'm blaming the moon. ;^). But it has been a rough week for some reason. Spring fever? Not sure why, but the food keeps calling to me.

And getting fit is challenging. I've never been REALLY fit. I think the most I've ever run continuously was 3 miles (I get bored running). Not sure if I'll ever be truly fit. With age comes much longer recovery times and I'm not good pushing through sore muscles (plus I seem to throw out my back when I push too hard).

Whine whine whine. Good luck everyone with the weekend.

• Kim_1971
    Kim_1971 Posts: 11 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Even in high school when we had to run around the school 3 times I would cheat and run through the parking lot because I couldn't run lol
  • elainereiner
    elainereiner Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 42 with 46 to go! :)
  • olseniteachem
    olseniteachem Posts: 16 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Would love to be a part of this group...not sure if you need to add me or not (?) Anyway, I'm 42 YO female and have a total goal of 78 pounds. I've lost 18 so far using MFP. Would love to have some MFP friends!
  • cj94404
    Options
    Okay too much sodium makes me bloaty and grumpy. Gah! Here is to a better week. Water is the cure for gas and bloating, right?
  • catbyrd
    catbyrd Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I just turned 48 and I need to loose 135 pounds. I joined in 2013 and lost 50 lbs. Hit a majorly stressful situation and gained 35 of it back. I could use some extra support.

Thanks,

Catherine
  • 1mumrevolution
    Options
    My hormones are driving me mad today. Anyone else?
  • burnsgene42
    burnsgene42 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    "40 somethings" ....Deep sigh... I can only dream. (((((;
    On a serious note I was 40 something when I started eating right ,exercising . Lost about 50 lb. started running. Got in shape. Fell of the wagon several times over the next 30 years but so far I've always climbed back on . It seems to get easier cause you know you can do it.
    If I can start again at 70 anyone at 40 can.
    You can. Start and Continue.
    Huu-wu ?
  • ATVer
    ATVer Posts: 34 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

Backwards puberty, gotta love it! Just did a re-test. Had to go off my BHRT, which totally messed me up. Hang in there!
  • ATVer
    ATVer Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    On a serious note I was 40 something when I started eating right ,exercising . Lost about 50 lb. started running. Got in shape. Fell of the wagon several times over the next 30 years but so far I've always climbed back on . It seems to get easier cause you know you can do it.
    Huu-wu ?

Thanks! You are truly motivational! :)
  • plambertus
    plambertus Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am 43 and have about 43lbs to lose! Hoping to get motivation from some other 40 somethings to kick this into gear.

Anyone?

• plambertus
    plambertus Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It's tough.... I lost almost 60 pounds at 30 but struggling to lose weight at 43. Definitely working at it & doing the cardio consistently. Just sloooooow.
  • henrythedentist
    henrythedentist Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 43. I went from 86 (which seemed to happen overnight) to 77kg, which I worked hard to do but it took about 4 months of enthusiastic cycling and logging everything. I was down to 73 for a while but it went up a bit to 77. I have added weights to my routines. It can be done, because I did it, though I'm nowhere near finished...
  • cj94404
    Options
    catbyrd wrote: »
    I just turned 48 and I need to loose 135 pounds. I joined in 2013 and lost 50 lbs. Hit a majorly stressful situation and gained 35 of it back. I could use some extra support.

Thanks,

Catherine

You didn't gain it all back so well done there.

• 1mumrevolution
    Options
    ATVer wrote: »

Backwards puberty, gotta love it! Just did a re-test. Had to go off my BHRT, which totally messed me up. Hang in there!
    Never thought of it like that. Hah!
  • Erinleigh13
    Erinleigh13 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Huu-wu ?

thank you for posting this!!! ok, I need to get on it!