20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    slw19 wrote: »
    I think my favorite is the peanut butter or pretzel.

stephanie

Those are my favorites too! I used to buy a bag of each and take turns. :P
    tenpets wrote: »
    Rachel, congratulations on becoming FIT! Woot! You work so hard and are seeing great results!
    Becky in drizzly MD <3
    Thank you!!! :D

@eyegirl777va I'm so glad your appointment last week went so well!
    Does anyone have any tips to help prevent overeating during the evening time? I can be good all day and then when I get home from work I'll overeat. It's not even junk food!
    Seltzer water with 0 calorie flavor squeeze. It'll tide your stomach over until you've prepared something appropriate. :)

@cristina0000 I hope you'll get to move to that community one day! It sounds lovely.

@beszmytke I'm excited for your kitchen remodel! Haha. I've been dreaming of a beautiful kitchen for years. Sometimes I feel like after I've cleaned my kitchen it will reveal granite countertops and nice wood/tile flooring, but it hasn't happened yet. :persevere:

@janiceclark08 Congratulations on your 3.2 lb. loss! :D

@tenpets My husband and I hope to have a veggie garden very soon! Right now he grows tomatoes on our balcony every year. He also has a raspberry bush, but it only produced about 3 raspberries last year. I hope you had a good time with your planting and Thomas the Tank Engine!
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    320530s329ihy0ja.gif
    Marie, I love this!

@SeeAhtter787 Is applejack moonshine like apple pie moonshine? I looove apple pie moonshine, especially the authentic kind. And I would like to place my order as well. ;) And CONGRATULATIONS on your SEVEN pound loss!!!!!
    <3 Can you picture us sitting in Marie's kitchen drinking Esther's moonshine and eating Stephanie's cookies? :o

Connie
    I want in on this! :D And I would love an excuse to head over to Texas again. I lived in Austin once and I love it there. I hope to move back there one day.
    Moonshine and cookies. Let me know when. I'm game. I will not eat for a couple days so I can indulge
    Haha! Yes.

I'm so glad to be caught up back here. After losing my long post last week I gave up until I'd have time to read all the posts again. Sorry for the long post tonight, but I had a few pages to read. ;)

• rayw89
    Options
    I think my favorite is the peanut butter or pretzel.

stephanie

Those are my favorites too! I used to buy a bag of each and take turns. :P
    tenpets wrote: »
    Rachel, congratulations on becoming FIT! Woot! You work so hard and are seeing great results!
    Becky in drizzly MD <3
    Thank you!!! :D

@eyegirl777va I'm so glad your appointment last week went so well!
    Does anyone have any tips to help prevent overeating during the evening time? I can be good all day and then when I get home from work I'll overeat. It's not even junk food!
    Seltzer water with 0 calorie flavor squeeze. It'll tide your stomach over until you've prepared something appropriate. :)

@cristina0000 I hope you'll get to move to that community one day! It sounds lovely.

@beszmytke I'm excited for your kitchen remodel! Haha. I've been dreaming of a beautiful kitchen for years. Sometimes I feel like after I've cleaned my kitchen it will reveal granite countertops and nice wood/tile flooring, but it hasn't happened yet. :persevere:

@janiceclark08 Congratulations on your 3.2 lb. loss! :D

@tenpets My husband and I hope to have a veggie garden very soon! Right now he grows tomatoes on our balcony every year. He also has a raspberry bush, but it only produced about 3 raspberries last year. I hope you had a good time with your planting and Thomas the Tank Engine!
    320530s329ihy0ja.gif
    Marie, I love this!

@SeeAhtter787 Is applejack moonshine like apple pie moonshine? I looove apple pie moonshine, especially the authentic kind. And I would like to place my order as well. ;) And CONGRATULATIONS on your SEVEN pound loss!!!!!
    <3 Can you picture us sitting in Marie's kitchen drinking Esther's moonshine and eating Stephanie's cookies? :o

Connie
    I want in on this! :D And I would love an excuse to head over to Texas again. I lived in Austin once and I love it there. I hope to move back there one day.
    Moonshine and cookies. Let me know when. I'm game. I will not eat for a couple days so I can indulge
    Haha! Yes.

I'm so glad to be caught up back here. After losing my long post last week I gave up until I'd have time to read all the posts again. Sorry for the long post tonight, but I had a few pages to read. ;)

• SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    @rayw89. Applejack is when you mash the apples sugar yeast and I like a little cinnamon thrown in just for the flavor. Let it all ferment for a few months then run it through the still. Apple pie is when you take any old moonshine and mix it with either apple juice or apple cider. Most people use the cider. So essentially they are very similar. I like either one. And I can also mix the applejack in with the cider and get pie that way too.

Esther.
  • sparklecomet
    sparklecomet Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Ah I'd love to be able to have a small vegetable patch. Someday I'll be able to have one, when I actually have a garden instead of living in an apartment!
  • cristina0000
    cristina0000 Posts: 111 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Good morning!!

Well I'm surprised the scale finally moved in right direction this morning but I haven't been able to go past this number for almost 2 months now. Still loosing and finding the same 3 lbs!

I'm not understanding the loss though, my monthly visitor came (makes me stomach feel so crazy) and I felt like a cheeseburger so I went to Wendy's and had a Jr Cheeseburger and value fries. Loosing weight right now doesn't make sense but I will take it!! Hopefully I can get past this number soon but this weeks trip may make it difficult.

I'm headed to Orlando for a family trip in a couple days. I will be spending time at Disney World with my sisters grandkids. Being that my sister has passed away from Breast Cancer, I try to do things with them that I think she would have done. I'm also a Breast Cancer survivor so it means a lot to my family that I can do these things as well.

I'm hoping to walk off any bad food choices that I may make...hopefully I don't make too many though :wink:

Anyway here are my stats:

Start weight: 191
    Start Challenge weight: 161

Current weight 161.6

Challenge goal: 141
    Goal weight: 135
  • eatless83
    eatless83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hi misfits

It's been a few days since I posted!

Scales are only going up for me at the moment for some reason despite my exercise!

I cycled to work this morning but will be taking the bus home as a tropical storm has arrived! Currently stuck in a salad bar of all places! Just had a delightful salad for my dinner!

Congrats on seeing the scales going down Cristina! And hats off to you for all you've been through and still making lives of others enjoyable!

Right I am going to see about getting home...I have a tonne of washing to look forward to tonight!

Faye
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    good morning everyone!!

connie, where are you???

Stephanie
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Right here, Steph!! B)

Good morning, losers! Happy Tuesday!

<3 I had to go to my training early this morning because my trainer needs to be off Friday, my regular day. I'll still do Wednesday usual, though. And when I got back from that, I popped in a short cardio DVD while my body was still warm!

<3 I'm doing well..scale is stuck as usual and trainer says to do a cheat meal and consider doing one once a week. It's the end of the month, and I will be reassessing my food and exercise. I lost 3 pounds this month so I really can't complain...better than March.

<3 Marie...where are you???

Stay strong, losers!

Connie

• JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    good morning everyone!!

connie, where are you???

Stephanie

Hahaha Connie, how could you go to the gym before greeting us:-))
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Good Morning and happy Tuesday. Today is a special at all Krispy Kreme locations. Buy a dozen get a dozen free. My kids are begging to go after school work. I am thinking about donating the second dozen to the local fire dept. don't need that many temptations in the house.

I cannot believe the month is almost over. I have got to buckle down and be more serious about logging and losing.

Saw on a sign yesterday, Teamwork makes the Dream work. You are all my team!!

Have a great day!
    Ruthie
  • wwestb1660
    wwestb1660 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Having a bowl of ostmeal for breakfast and good morning to you all

2460995iqf6cwynhv.png
    Be back late
    Marie

• eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Good Morning
    Feeling very disgusted!!! I am up .6 for my weigh in. Current weight 143.5.
    Looks like I will never see the 130's.
    Congrats to the ones who had a loss.
    Have a good day.
    Nancy
  • eatless83
    eatless83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Good Morning
    Have a good day.
    Nancy

Keep at it Nancy - your time will come and you will definitely see the 130's just like one day I will see the 180's

We can do this - it's a marathon...not a sprint!!!

Take it easy on yourself!

Faye

• lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Good Morning
    Have a good day.
    Nancy

Chin up, Nancy! You will see the 130's just like I will get UNDER 200 one day. <3
    Come on, girl..we can do this!

Connie
  • Sunnyfarm
    Sunnyfarm Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Good morning have a great day :)

Sonya
  • rayw89
    edited April 2015
    Options
    @cristina0000 Have fun at Disney World! I hear they have a thing called "Dole Whip' that is like ice cream but lighter. Somehow I saw a loss last week after eating all day on Wednesday. It's weird how that works. But we'll take it, right!

@eyegirl777va I know it seems hopeless sometimes, but it's not! Just keep going at it!

-Rachel
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    I just lost my long post. So frustrating.

I am at my daughter's to see Isaac and he has changed again. Still going and growing strong.
    As cute as ever.
    We just finished raking and cleaning flower beds in the front and side of the house. My fit bit says
    81 mins. I still have to track it.

I did weigh this morning and the scale has not budged. I know I have a few more days before weigh in
    but kind of disheartened. Eating on the go so far today and tomorrow will be traveling back home.

A beautiful day here and sunny. Isaac is being fed by Momma so I can hold him again soon.

Cristina enjoy Disney with your family. Lots of walking.

Nancy I wish I could see the 130's its the 160's for me and it seems a pipe dream. I have to close that kitchen
    and snack after dinner I think that might be the culprit. I eat well all day and if I have extra calories my mind
    says snack time! I have to stop that.

Enjoy your day

Shirley
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Hi gang. Now that I have blown back. We had a doozy of a storm here. We had sustained 50 mph winds. And I heard on the radio we had gusts of 100+. We had a few trees fall and most places had power out but all is normal again. I had to put of going swimming until after physical therapy because school was canceled due to high winds and the pool had no power. But it has been restored so I went swimming.

Esther
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Thanks for your encourageing words!!!
    Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Good Morning
    Have a good day.
    Nancy

Chin up, Nancy! You will see the 130's just like I will get UNDER 200 one day. <3
    Come on, girl..we can do this!

Connie

me getting in the 160's along way off

I have been reading today. on the 5/2 diet Sounds promising if I can do the 1-1-1- on it will give it a try for a week Starting Thursday . I am choosing Monday And Thursday for my fasting days if I get that far in the book. My battery ran out so had to stop to charge it up. One of the uk
    girl on My golden Sneaker group is trying it out I had the book on my Kindle so decided to read it. And see what I think about it So far so good. What I learn so far. you fast 2 days a week on 500 calories the other 5 days you eat what you want to. On the 2 days of fasting you get 600 calories a day, broke down to 2 meals of 300 calories each
    The name of the book is Fast Diet he says it will help with high blood pressure Blood sugar and cholesterol My 3 enemy's
    marie