Sugar free detox

Options
167891012»

Replies

• DeWoSa
    DeWoSa Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I am sorry I ever posted hear and if I offended anyone on wanting some information on this I am sorry. I can't figure out how to remove my post. I just know when my kids get sugar from candy vs fruit they act differently.

Your kids are acting differently because the candy sugar is converted into energy much faster than the fruit sugar. They have a little rush of energy. Give them a rake and stick them outside and tell them to get to work.
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    DeWoSa wrote: »
    I am sorry I ever posted hear and if I offended anyone on wanting some information on this I am sorry. I can't figure out how to remove my post. I just know when my kids get sugar from candy vs fruit they act differently.

Your kids are acting differently because the candy sugar is converted into energy much faster than the fruit sugar. They have a little rush of energy. Give them a rake and stick them outside and tell them to get to work.

Are you definitely sure it is the sugar in candy doing this?

bbc.co.uk/sn/humanbody/truthaboutfood/kids/hyperactivity.shtml

theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2014/feb/25/do-children-really-get-sugar-rush-hyperactivity
  • DeWoSa
    DeWoSa Posts: 496 Member
    Options

theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2014/feb/25/do-children-really-get-sugar-rush-hyperactivity

Nope.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options

Of course because perceived correlation is reality on MFP ... actaul causation doesn't matter.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Is OP's post supposed to be a response to one of the many posts directed toward her? I read it the first time it was posted (so am not sure why it needed to be quoted 5 more times), but it didn't seem to address any of the comments at all, certainly not any of mine.

Also not sure where anyone claimed to be offended. It seemed unnecessary to say it but because DeWoSa thinks it is SO important I will go ahead: OP, I am not offended, and see no reason for the thread to be deleted and no one said it should be.

Thinking the idea of "detoxing" from sugar makes no sense and saying that normal cookbooks probably don't rely on "sugar" in the savory recipes to any great extent does not mean that one is offended. I do wish we could get away from this irritating "detox" trend, however.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options

5 posts in a row like a baws

eb71b5e80dee615c90933f3be2da040a.jpg
  • Justygirl77
    Justygirl77 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    kgeyser wrote: »
    10461.gif

Any recommendations for a low sugar barbecue sauce? I need something to spice up the flesh of users who are violating the community guidelines. I've decided to dispense with the points system and go right to devouring since you disturbed my slumber on a Monday.
    <3<3<3