McDonald's weight loss

Options

Replies

• SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    Razzaz wrote: »
    BinkyBonk wrote: »
    This is pretty simple - OP is getting confused about timing. Ate McDonald's, then weighed the NEXT DAY and saw a loss. Attributed said loss to the McDonald's eaten the night before.

OP think of it as a weekly tally, not daily. As long as you're within your calories for the WEEK, don't worry about it. It will balance out.

Thanks

I thought my bunny with a pancake on its' head and my popcorn joke was simple enough, and I get no thanks? *kicks rocks* Always trying to make things simple, aren't you BinkyBonk? How dare you!
    :)

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    ok.....

i eat out all the time and lose weight. your point?

well, i dont eat mcdonalds cause gross but whatever. LOL

Fruit and salad made me gain weight. McDonald's made me loose weight. My point being this doesn't make sense

i dont think you understand how this works LOL

OVEREATING fruit and salad made you gain weight.
    eating below your maintenance (whether its mcdonalds or broccoli) results in weight loss
  • Razzaz
    Razzaz Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    This is pretty simple - OP is getting confused about timing. Ate McDonald's, then weighed the NEXT DAY and saw a loss. Attributed said loss to the McDonald's eaten the night before.

OP think of it as a weekly tally, not daily. As long as you're within your calories for the WEEK, don't worry about it. It will balance out.

Thanks
    ok.....

Fruit and salad made me gain weight. McDonald's made me loose weight. My point being this doesn't make sense

eating below your maintenance (whether its mcdonalds or broccoli) results in weight loss

I'm not overeating fruit and salad.... unless the salad I'm buying is being pumped with calories... unless 2 satsumas and 10 grapes is overeating fruit...
  • Razzaz
    Options
    Just means I need less calories so maybe a 900 calorie diet will be better for me
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

Thanks
    ok.....

I'm not overeating fruit and salad.... unless the salad I'm buying is being pumped with calories... unless 2 satsumas and 10 grapes is overeating fruit...

Okay, so what are you saying? That your body somehow reserve burns calories?

Can you summarize what your actual argument is?
  • Razzaz
    Options

Thanks
    ok.....

I was just confused why I lost weight eating junk food after weeks of eating salad and fruit. But I must be overeating so I'm going to go on a 900 calorie diet instead so it doesn't matter now
  • janejellyroll
    Options

Thanks
    ok.....

I was just confused why I lost weight eating junk food after weeks of eating salad and fruit. But I must be overeating so I'm going to go on a 900 calorie diet instead so it doesn't matter now

Since you have stated you don't weigh your food, reducing your calorie goal is premature.
  • nicfitnesszone
    nicfitnesszone Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    What salad were you eating?

Salads are not created equal. You throw in chunks of cheese, nuts, chicken, dressing and whatnot without measuring it will have more calories than a cheeseburger from McD.
  • pdank311
    pdank311 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Estimate

• jessicatombari
    jessicatombari Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    OP, I think you need to take a step back and re-evaluate your weight loss goals because resorting to 900 cal/day is definitely not healthy, and you will not be able to sustain that long term. You shouldnt be starving yourself to lose weight. Losing weight can be uncomfortable but it shouldnt be dreadful and tedious. The time frame it takes to lose weight healthily is something you just have to deal with and be patient with. Hope this helps.
  • tintinsaab
    tintinsaab Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    So you had 'weeks of eating salad and fruit', then had a small hamburger and salad, and the next day you lost weight? The effects of the McD probably wouldn't seen until a couple of days at least, and even then it wouldn't make a huge difference as it was basically not a high cal meal. The weight loss is due to the reduction in cals from eating fruit and salad, not from one pretty small fast food outing.

CICO is the explanation, regardless of the origin of said calories.
  • Razzaz
    Options
    What salad were you eating?

Salads are not created equal. You throw in chunks of cheese, nuts, chicken, dressing and whatnot without measuring it will have more calories than a cheeseburger from McD.

PLAIN SALAD NO CRAP JUST SALAD
  • Razzaz
    Options

Thanks
    ok.....

Since you have stated you don't weigh your food, reducing your calorie goal is premature.

TROLL
  • janejellyroll
    Options

Thanks
    ok.....

TROLL

Yes, I think this does nicely describe your issue.
  • Razzaz
    Options
    OP, I think you need to take a step back and re-evaluate your weight loss goals because resorting to 900 cal/day is definitely not healthy, and you will not be able to sustain that long term. You shouldnt be starving yourself to lose weight. Losing weight can be uncomfortable but it shouldnt be dreadful and tedious. The time frame it takes to lose weight healthily is something you just have to deal with and be patient with. Hope this helps.

I'm overeating anyway apparently because the gem lettuce whole for 15 calories is 500 calories apparently and goodness knows what the 3 cherry tomatoes I eat daily amount to in calories a day
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options

Thanks
    ok.....

TROLL

Yes, I think this does nicely describe your issue.

Yeah, called that one lol.
  • jessicatombari
    jessicatombari Posts: 159 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Thread clearly turning into a train wreck. So I'll try to explain this a little different than I did before.

How 'bout this?

pancake-cat-738537.jpg

love cats but cant focus on the cuteness when theres a pancake in the pic, let the cravings begin...
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options

I'm overeating anyway apparently because the gem lettuce whole for 15 calories is 500 calories apparently and goodness knows what the 3 cherry tomatoes I eat daily amount to in calories a day

Let's be honest. If you were really eating 50 calorie salads all day errrrday, then you would be losing weight.