Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Hippychick5983
    Hippychick5983 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    My birthday is next week. We are going to a winery. I plan on drinking. A lot. Also there will be cake. I will enjoy my birthday and worry about the rest after.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    shannonbun wrote: »
    I went running outside for the first time today, cos y'know, I was feeling good about myself... while running through campus, someone yelled out of their car, "RUN, FAT GIRL!!" I wanted to flip off the chick who yelled so badly, but she was in a car, so obviously she got away.

Come say that to my face and we'll see just how fast you can run. Grrrrr...

Wow that's so incredibly rude what she said!!!!! It makes me angry.

I would have flipped the bird at the car. I run with headphones on LOUD! Just make sure I am aware of my surroundings. I normally run in the park which has other runners and dog walkers so I feel pretty safe. I did once run along side the road but a white van man bibbed me and started hollering something but my music was so loud I couldn't hear it so I didn't care.

One time I was walking into a Walmart after work, and some a-hole girl in a car yelled at me: "why are you so dressed up to come here, are you trying to meet guys?" WTH. Yeah, I totally want to meet my next boyfriend at Walmart. She caught me! I just don't understand people who yell at others out their car window. Shut up.

It happened to me a year ago too when I was walking in the street, the thing is, I have no idea what the person actually said, so I didn't even know how to react. It was just weird.
    hnsaunde wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Should we have some kind of ceremony for page 500?

YES!! Preferably one involving a creative combination of cheesecake, chocolate and sprinkles. I <3 sprinkles.

confetti-cheesecake.jpg

Like this? It's white chocolate, that's still chocolate right?

Oh gosh I've been craving cheesecake and this is NOT helping.

I decided to relax a little bit today and eat at maintenance (maybe, we'll see if I actually get hungry later), and I wanted some chocolate so I decided to open the bag of Lindt hazelnut truffles, because I love hazelnut everything... Wow what a letdown. I usually love their truffles but this one isn't even worth the 73 calories IMO. So I got pissed and ate another chocolate, and that satisfied my craving. Hmmph though. Hate wasting calories on something that isn't worth it (and I couldn't even just eat half, considering I popped the whole thing in my mouth).

Now I can move the bag to the pantry where I'm sure my husband will finish it.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    shannonbun wrote: »
    I went running outside for the first time today, cos y'know, I was feeling good about myself... while running through campus, someone yelled out of their car, "RUN, FAT GIRL!!" I wanted to flip off the chick who yelled so badly, but she was in a car, so obviously she got away.

Come say that to my face and we'll see just how fast you can run. Grrrrr...

Wow that's so incredibly rude what she said!!!!! It makes me angry.

I would have flipped the bird at the car. I run with headphones on LOUD! Just make sure I am aware of my surroundings. I normally run in the park which has other runners and dog walkers so I feel pretty safe. I did once run along side the road but a white van man bibbed me and started hollering something but my music was so loud I couldn't hear it so I didn't care.

One time I was walking into a Walmart after work, and some a-hole girl in a car yelled at me: "why are you so dressed up to come here, are you trying to meet guys?" WTH. Yeah, I totally want to meet my next boyfriend at Walmart. She caught me! I just don't understand people who yell at others out their car window. Shut up.

Ha ha, but that's where all the best guys are these days! :s
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    My birthday is next week. We are going to a winery. I plan on drinking. A lot. Also there will be cake. I will enjoy my birthday and worry about the rest after.

Me too! I think that is a great idea! I struggle with wine though. I can go from okay to plastered quickly. My birthday is on the 5th, it's a work tradition to bring in cake of some description, but everyone in the office is on a health kick (thankfully) so I'm trying to think of a healthy option instead of cake/doughnuts. All I have so far is a low fat eaton mess of some sort.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    brandi9172 wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Good parenting confession here:

My 14yo (nearly 15) daughter is reading "A Game of Thrones" (Book one of the series "A Song of Ice and Fire" for all you folks who only watch the TV series) and we are letting her watch the series with us (so far, due to schedules, we've only watched the first one of the series).

My now 12yo has been watching RuPaul's Drag Race with me on and off since season 1. I tend to fall in the if it's not killing them, they'll be fine, school of parenting.

I've let my 9 year old watch The Walking Dead with me because I go to the same parenting school. He thinks he's the coolest kid ever.

I have three male teenagers and when they were young, 1st grade plus, they watched nearly everything I watched. I never hid them from any of the supposedly grown up stuff...Horror, Sci-fi, movies with adult situations, pretty much anything. I guess only time will tell, but they are currently 3 very well behaved, well rounded, and intelligent individuals capable of making decisions and have their own minds and ideas. They are my favorite people.

I did the same with my kids. I now have two very well-adjusted, independent grown kids (21 year old daughter, 20 year old son).

I also never helicoptered them. School was their responsibility when they started bringing homework. It was THEIR homework, not mine. I was a single mother, I didn't have time to try to have a career and do my kids' homework. It drives me crazy when friends on FB talk about how much work they're doing on their kids' school projects. It's the STUDENT's responsibility!!

So much yes. And the worst part is that they think the teachers can't tell. I can tell at a science fair which projects were actually done by a 10 year old and which were done by an adult. If I can, I'm sure the teacher can. I'm very judgmental about this.

• FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    You CAN! If you want to be that way, you keep telling yourself you are until it happens.

And, noooooooo! That is backwards! Again, you find your self-confidence - it's in there dying to get out. You become a self-confident person right now because the size and shape of your "shell" (your body) does not determine your self-worth. I also agree with @harpsdesire's response. Very well said!
    I've been bigger and I've been smaller, and I'm sad to say that in my experience, self confidence is the next target to work for for once losing weight is done.

Body size is not a predictor of automatic confidence and poise. It helps having one less thing to feel bad about, but the people whose entire self-image comes from considering themsleves physically attractive... they are not generally the nicest people or most self-aware, and they don't age all that gracefully, because even the slimmest person is not going to stay a stunning 20-something forever.

You are awesome because you are you, and having a healthy slim body is an awesome goal that I share, but it will not make you immune to jerks or automatically make you like yourself. Sadly. Sigh. I'm still working on this. It's one of those things that easier to know about than to execute on.
    Thanks to both of you. I thought as much, that self confidence will not just be granted to me out of the blue!! It's going to be tough working on it, though. Sometimes I take a step forward, then the tiniest little thing, like a ''You look tired" or even a look I interpret as being mean, will send me back to the beginning. Blah! Anyone have success with cognitive behavioral therapy? I know I have massive anxiety/self esteem/procrastinating/sleep disturbance/possible depression issues, and I just want to work on myself. I know I have potential, it's just hidden underneath a fog of self-deprecating thoughts. :P
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options

Me too! I think that is a great idea! I struggle with wine though. I can go from okay to plastered quickly. My birthday is on the 5th, it's a work tradition to bring in cake of some description, but everyone in the office is on a health kick (thankfully) so I'm trying to think of a healthy option instead of cake/doughnuts. All I have so far is a low fat eaton mess of some sort.

Maybe fruit and a yummy fruit dip? Peanut Butter, vanilla yogurt and honey; sweet and healthy. Happy early birthday btw

• berlynnwall
    Options
    You CAN! If you want to be that way, you keep telling yourself you are until it happens.

And, noooooooo! That is backwards! Again, you find your self-confidence - it's in there dying to get out. You become a self-confident person right now because the size and shape of your "shell" (your body) does not determine your self-worth. I also agree with @harpsdesire's response. Very well said!
    I've been bigger and I've been smaller, and I'm sad to say that in my experience, self confidence is the next target to work for for once losing weight is done.

Body size is not a predictor of automatic confidence and poise. It helps having one less thing to feel bad about, but the people whose entire self-image comes from considering themsleves physically attractive... they are not generally the nicest people or most self-aware, and they don't age all that gracefully, because even the slimmest person is not going to stay a stunning 20-something forever.

You are awesome because you are you, and having a healthy slim body is an awesome goal that I share, but it will not make you immune to jerks or automatically make you like yourself. Sadly. Sigh. I'm still working on this. It's one of those things that easier to know about than to execute on.
    Thanks to both of you. I thought as much, that self confidence will not just be granted to me out of the blue!! It's going to be tough working on it, though. Sometimes I take a step forward, then the tiniest little thing, like a ''You look tired" or even a look I interpret as being mean, will send me back to the beginning. Blah! Anyone have success with cognitive behavioral therapy? I know I have massive anxiety/self esteem/procrastinating/sleep disturbance/possible depression issues, and I just want to work on myself. I know I have potential, it's just hidden underneath a fog of self-deprecating thoughts. :P

Yes. CBT cured me of claustrophobia, which is very rooted in anxiety issues. It has also helped my 11 year old with his anxiety, procrastinating, and sleep issues. It's very worth it. No shame in getting help. Just think of it like if something was wrong with your body, you would see a doctor and not even think twice. Your brain is part of your body too - don't think twice about seeing a doctor about it.

• FluffySandwich
    Options

Yes. CBT cured me of claustrophobia, which is very rooted in anxiety issues. It has also helped my 11 year old with his anxiety, procrastinating, and sleep issues. It's very worth it. No shame in getting help. Just think of it like if something was wrong with your body, you would see a doctor and not even think twice. Your brain is part of your body too - don't think twice about seeing a doctor about it.
    Thank you for your reply! Do you think online cognitive behavioral therapy is worth looking into, or should I just suck it up and go to a doctor somewhere around town? It's kind of funny, but one of the reasons I've held off on it for so long is because I'm too anxious to see a doctor! :confounded:
  • berlynnwall
    Options

Thank you for your reply! Do you think online cognitive behavioral therapy is worth looking into, or should I just suck it up and go to a doctor somewhere around town? It's kind of funny, but one of the reasons I've held off on it for so long is because I'm too anxious to see a doctor! :confounded:

I can totally relate, sadly lol. I think it's really worth it to see a doctor, they have so many different tools that they can use to help you, and your doctor can recommend the best books or sites to use that will fit with what they are doing there too. If you don't like the first doctor you see, don't be afraid to find a different one. If you're not comfortable it won't work.
  • FluffySandwich
    Options

I can totally relate, sadly lol. I think it's really worth it to see a doctor, they have so many different tools that they can use to help you, and your doctor can recommend the best books or sites to use that will fit with what they are doing there too. If you don't like the first doctor you see, don't be afraid to find a different one. If you're not comfortable it won't work.
    I think it's one of those things where I have to just go for it. I get anxious when I think of seeing a doctor, but if I never do, I'm never going to get any better. I saw a therapist when I was in high school and I remember she was great for letting me vent and I always felt better after seeing her, though I was forced to see her in the first place. This is the same sort of thing I suppose! Thanks for your replies :smiley:
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    I confess that I love boneless, skinless chicken breast and broccoli. I don't know why everyone on these boards talks smack about it!

I actually like it too. I have always been a weirdo who liked broccoli, even as a kid. I don't want to eat that for every meal though, and I think that's mostly what people talk smack about.

Broccoli has been my favorite veggie since I was a kid; I love it.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    Question to my fellow profuse-sweaters during cardio: what type of ear buds stay in the ear and don't fall out when you sweat, please??? I just use the standard Apple ones that come with the iPhone5 and I've gone through two pairs in the past 6 months. I use a towel when I'm on the machines, but I still seem to sweat enough that they slip out and then they stop working. The ones I have right now only work in the right ear and I need another pair. Help! What should I get?
  • brandi9172
    brandi9172 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Question to my fellow profuse-sweaters during cardio: what type of ear buds stay in the ear and don't fall out when you sweat, please??? I just use the standard Apple ones that come with the iPhone5 and I've gone through two pairs in the past 6 months. I use a towel when I'm on the machines, but I still seem to sweat enough that they slip out and then they stop working. The ones I have right now only work in the right ear and I need another pair. Help! What should I get?

I like the ones that hook or loop around the ear and a lot of them are now made to be sweat proof, or at least sweat resistant.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options

I got some at the dollar store that have been pretty good. Didn't have any problems with slippage and have lasted at least a year.

They look like this:
    610Sf7Tp2pL._SY355_.jpg
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    8100l_zpscd288c09.jpg
    I use a cheap pair of hook headphones from the dollar store because regular earbuds slip out too easily.
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options

YurBuds! They're the best. I love Apple everything but their headphones are horrendous for working out...they always pop out of my ears. Yurbuds lock into place and have a great sound. They have ones that wrap around the top of your ear or a traditional earbud style. I can't wear the wrap around ones...my ears must be shaped weird.

They sell them at Target, Best Buy, Amazon, but I found mine at TJ Maxx in the mens workout section...even though they're a womens headphone. They have a mens and womens style because the earbud part is cut smaller for lady ears lol.

http://www.yurbuds.com/en/for-women/53inspire-200-for-women.html#/color-aqua Those are the ones I used to have but I broke them because I'm dumb. I have the IronMan YurBuds now :).
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

Yurbuds! Love them! I tried the over the ear kind before buying those but they didn't work either.
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Confession: I've been listening to NSync all day. It started with "It's gonna be me" because of the It's Gonna Be May meme but now I've gotten so deep I'm listening to the Christmas album.

I hope my boss can't hear.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    Thank you! You all are fabulous! I will look into your suggestions. I appreciate all the responses.