Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Kind of stressing, still haven't heard about the interview and while on Indeed this evening, I noticed the job posting is active again, it's the same listing as it's said that it's saved and I've already applied, but it wasn't there for over a week and now it's back.
  • almondbutterbay
    almondbutterbay Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Kind of stressing, still haven't heard about the interview and while on Indeed this evening, I noticed the job posting is active again, it's the same listing as it's said that it's saved and I've already applied, but it wasn't there for over a week and now it's back.

Do you think you should call them and follow up again? Sometimes you have to call a few times. I don't know the situation though. I hope you get the job! It's super stressful waiting to hear!
  • almondbutterbay
    almondbutterbay Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    confession: it drives me absolutely nuts (ie. totally jealous) when ppl whine about NOT being able to eat 1,000 calories in a day. i never say anthing out of fear of being destroyed in the forums, but it's mind boggling to me. are you living on cotton-balls soaked in vinegar? what am i missing?! tell me how to not be hungry all the time!

I'm sure a lot of those people eat way over 1,000 & don't accurately measure their portions on a food scale. With people who need to lose a larger amount I am sure they think that they need to drastically cut their portions & when it fails they binge & give up.

I assume they either eat more than 1000 calories and just don't realize it, or that they're dumb honestly. Obvious solution is obvious: eat higher calorie foods.

But then again they could have emotional problems around food or like an eating disorder. Cause when I had an eating disorder I had probs eating over 700 calories BUT I also wasn't trying to eat more calories.
  • qqsha
    qqsha Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I ate 10 cookies today. Over half of that were cookies in the uncooked form (but they were do delicious and good and I just want more!)
  • schle009
    schle009 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have eaten an entire bag of anises today. I have gained back 17 lbs that I lost because I can't say no to cookies :(
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

That sucks. I would follow up. It also shows interest and initiative. You said these guys like to make you work for it! Good luck! Fingers crossed.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    shannonbun wrote: »
    I went running outside for the first time today, cos y'know, I was feeling good about myself... while running through campus, someone yelled out of their car, "RUN, FAT GIRL!!" I wanted to flip off the chick who yelled so badly, but she was in a car, so obviously she got away.

Come say that to my face and we'll see just how fast you can run. Grrrrr...

She is a loser. Don't even bother. Keep running!
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I'm mad at my husband, and I feel bad about it, because it wasn't something he did intentionally. My good leg is down a few inches since I switched meds. My bad calf is still 22", and has only moved a half inch one way or the other. This morning I hit the 50 lbs down mark, and I'm trying to be happy about that, but realistically, if I've lost 50 lbs and my leg hasn't shrunk, that means it's actually gotten worse, and the fat loss is making it even out.

I was explaining all this to my husband, and he basically ignored all the things I'm worried about, and took it to mean time to play let's compare weight loss. I'm happy for him that he's lost more and is on the last notch on his belt, but seriously, was not the time.

I'm sorry, both of those things really suck. If the weight loss has revealed that it has gotten worse can you go to a doctor and get medication adjusted or anything?

My next appt is in June, so I'll see if she wants to then. Also hoping that maybe it will be another argument to try and get the massage treatment approved (see above post), but not getting my hopes up on that one.

I wish you all the best and good luck.

• AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    schle009 wrote: »
    I have eaten an entire bag of anises today. I have gained back 17 lbs that I lost because I can't say no to cookies :(

Phonetically a bag of anises sounds like it'd taste like crap. Lol puns.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options

Follow up and ask them. It may be some red tape thing where they're required to interview x number of people before they can hire, and they had no shows.
  • eboniivoried
    eboniivoried Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Does using spanx really help with avoiding saggy skin?

Still working in it, but we'll see!! ☺ I know when I take off the top, my belly is a lot firmer, smaller, and tighter. When I don't wear it on the weekends, the skin around my belly is much looser. I've noticed so much difference that I wear the bigger top (the old one I wore when I was 20lbs heavier) at night. I wear the bigger one when I'm sleeping because I don't want TOO MUCH constriction when I can't control my ab muscles. I keep my abs flexed all day!!
  • pokemonbb
    pokemonbb Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    P
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Confession... Whenever I buy a box of twinkies, little debbies... or those demonic tastykake chocolate bells (which thankfully for the most part I am a good shopper), I eat like 3-4 right off the bat then finish the rest of the box before the day/night is out. And I wonder to myself, who in the hell eats just one of these and says "I'm good till tomorrow" ....?!?!

Hostess cupcakes are my weakness. Haven't had any in forever.

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    qqsha wrote: »
    I ate 10 cookies today. Over half of that were cookies in the uncooked form (but they were do delicious and good and I just want more!)
    uncooked cookies are the best kind of cookies
  • Oberon21
    Options
    My first day of work went great!

I work at a restaurant that actually has some healthy choices and I get a free meal every shift so that was nice! I calculated the calories for my meal that I wanted a few days ago so it was really nice. I spent eight whole hours not constantly obsessing about food, I felt productive and feel like now I can actually reach my goals without constantly focusing on them

*high fives everyone who reads this*

Congratulations!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Put on another pound this week. I was so confident I had lost weight this week, yesterday after going to the gym for 40min at lunch AND going for a 30min run/walk when I got home I thought I would indulge myself in a 3 scoops of Ben and Jerry's... now I wish I hadn't. I know its not entirely Mr Ben and Mr Jerry's fault, but I just kinda wish I hadn't done it now. I have now put on 2lbs in two weeks, and after a month of eating 1400 calories a day and not losing anything, I have decided to lower it down to 1200 calories. If that doesn't work I'm thoroughly confused.

1200 calories seems crazy low to me! How tall are you and how much do you weigh? And sorry if this is late to the game...I'm a couple pages behind! But aren't you doing some heavy lifting? Maybe you need more calories?

Uh, I am 5'6 and weigh 215lbs (now)
    I lift but it's not heavy, just a top up because I was told your body uses muscle as a catalyst to burn fat, so you lose muscle at the same time as fat. I got advice on how heavy to lift on a deficit.
    I swim Sunday, Tuesday & Thursday and I gym and run for 30 mins Monday, Wednesday & Friday (then die slowly on Saturday so I can do it all over again lol)

This made me laugh so much!
  • Britxclarity
    Britxclarity Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    shannonbun wrote: »
    I went running outside for the first time today, cos y'know, I was feeling good about myself... while running through campus, someone yelled out of their car, "RUN, FAT GIRL!!" I wanted to flip off the chick who yelled so badly, but she was in a car, so obviously she got away.

Come say that to my face and we'll see just how fast you can run. Grrrrr...

=/ I know I shouldn't let rude ugly people get to me. but thats one of the main reasons why I choose to workout at home. so I don't have to deal with rude mean people like that girl. I hope you see her again so you can get that chance to flip her off

• Italian_Buju
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    So, the first part of this week, I was at my DD's new school that she will be transferring to in the Fall. She still has 2 years left. Conservatively, this will be $25k per year out of my pocket (we don't qualify for financial aid).

Confession: I'm bitter. I think school should be free or cheap for ALL students.

Ok I'm confused... aren't there public schools in Tennessee?

crosbylee wrote: »
    I am not into the whole competitive parent thing, like who's throwing the biggest birthday party for their five year old. So far I have asked my daughter, what she wants to do for her birthday. It ususally is nothing big, just a simple theme party and then have everyone jump in our tiny backyard pool. She was born in July so it's almost perfect for it. As long as she is happy with the plans, we go with it. Of course, she is considering Chuck E Cheese this year.

I'm not taking my kids to Chuck E Cheese parties anymore, let alone hosting one, lol. No thanks. My kids are February kids unfortunately so this year we didn't even have a party, I'm not spending $400 for a party anymore (plus I have twins, and they are only allowed to invite the whole class, good luck finding a place that can host up to 50 children!). Looking forward to when they have a few close friends and they can just invite them to the house...

Why?
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Momakanga wrote: »
    Confession- Last night we were helping our daughter address her graduation announcements. She was making me so crazy all I could think about was how much quieter the house will be when she leaves for college next fall.

I went through this last summer, lol, I TOTALLY understand.....my daughter is back now for the summer, it has only been five days, and so far, so good, I hope it stays like this.....
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    If you are a praying person, I am asking for some right now. If not a praying person, maybe send some good vibes. My sister's sister-in-law is 30 weeks pregnant, after 5 attempts at IVF. On Sunday, she was having issues with her kidneys, so yesterday they decided to go and put in some drains. While under anesthetic, she vomited and aspirated. Due to lack of oxygen, she is now in a coma and has been placed on life support. The family was all called last night and the Dr's basically admitted they were keeping he alive as long as they can for the baby's sake, but there is little to no brain activity. Now a baby that was wished for, for so long, is likely not going to have a Mama. Miracles do happen, and we could really use one today!

@ladybuggnorris how is your sister's SIL & baby doing?

SIL has some swelling on the brain, but it is going down. She has a long road to recovery, but they think she will make it. Unfortunately, she had some blood clots in her brain and they had to give her blood thinners in order to save her life and the baby did not survive. We are all feeling very blessed, though, that the wisdom and quick thinking on the Drs' part saved the SIL's life. If they hadn't acted quickly, they would have likely lost both of them. We will all help her on the road to recovery and some day, when the time is right, they can either decide on a surrogate or adoption. One step at a time. Thank you for your continued well wishes!

<3
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    My first day of work went great!

I work at a restaurant that actually has some healthy choices and I get a free meal every shift so that was nice! I calculated the calories for my meal that I wanted a few days ago so it was really nice. I spent eight whole hours not constantly obsessing about food, I felt productive and feel like now I can actually reach my goals without constantly focusing on them

*high fives everyone who reads this*

Good stuff!!