Name something you loathe that most others love?

Options
MissO﹠A
MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
Be it a food item, person, movie, etc. Name something you have a hard time understanding why lots of people love. Something you can't stand that lots of your friends and/or family goes gaga over. We're not talking spinach and marmite, but rather things that you detest that the world seemingly adores. Like, for example, if you disliked chocolate.

Mine would have to be:

Avocado and all of its various forms like guacamole (it's a texture thing). I've not met anyone in RL who doesn't go uber nom noms over guacamole and avocado on their sammies.
Ellen Degeneres. I don't understand why people find her funny -- in the slightest.

Replies

• brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I loathe the Beastie Boys, everyone loves them.
  • sarahazelnut99
    sarahazelnut99 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    twilight...i hate it because its an absolutely horrible message to young girls and its pretty disgusting but ill go see the movies when there at the dollar theater so i can bring in some vodka and pretend to orgasm when the wolf dude comes out lol
  • waster196
    waster196 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Lionel Richie! Don't get me started! :grumble:
  • Eskimopie
    Eskimopie Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Red peppers in ALL forms. BLECH. Sucks when you are a vegetarian and every vegetarian dish at a restaurant comes loaded with them...
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Avocado... nasty texture.
    Brad Pitt & George Clooney... don't precisely loathe them, just don't get the fascination.
  • lesliefoste
    lesliefoste Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I don't like alcohol. I hate the taste. No matter what type; I've tried a lot of different stuff, but bottom line for me: it tastes like cleaning solution and it's EXPENSIVE! Give me a Diet Coke! :)
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Skiiing! I'm all for adventure but being hurled down a mountain with almost no control is NOT my idea of fun. That's right, I have a skydiving picture, but there was a dude on my back. Something happened, I can blame him.

I LOATHE country music.... please don't take offense but my old bumper sticker read "Prevent inbreeding - ban country music"
  • Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    American Idol..... >.<

Twilight

Beastie Boys

Chicken Nuggets
  • Redjack111
    Redjack111 Posts: 17
    Options
    I really don't like cucumbers. When my friends make a salad they will put cucumbers on the side so I don't have to pick through my salad. Cucumbers smell clean and healthy but I don't like the taste.......blah.......
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Greek Yogurt!
  • DeadlyDame13
    DeadlyDame13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Lady GAGA ..... poker face ....makes me wanna poke her face with a knife a couple of times
  • Eskimopie
    Eskimopie Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I don't like alcohol. I hate the taste. No matter what type; I've tried a lot of different stuff, but bottom line for me: it tastes like cleaning solution and it's EXPENSIVE! Give me a Diet Coke! :)

Agreed :) I've always said I'd much rather unwind after a stressful day with a piece of cake rather than a glass of wine or cocktail...don't get how anyone drinks alcohol for pleasure regularly. Though I do like the occasional pina colada or mojito...
  • dwilliam116
    dwilliam116 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Reality TV
  • waster196
    waster196 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Lady GAGA ..... poker face ....makes me wanna poke her face with a knife a couple of times

Seconded!
  • Jizes318
    Jizes318 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Baked Beans. Seriously they smell like crap LOL I have tried so many times but I cant take them at all.

Pants hanging off kids *kitten*'s and to top it off they wear the skinny jeans and let them sag. Not to mention they wear a belt to help them show half their *kitten* and stay!
  • anemoneflynn
    Options
    Turkey stuffing. I don't like soggy bread, or anything that tastes yeasty. My optimum bread is at least a day old. Also, I don't like bread pudding or tiramisu.
  • EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    OLIVES - ew. my cousins would ALWAYS put them on their fingers and eat them off. it was so gross!
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Hummus, pork (to include ham, chops, bacon, etc), condiments, salad dressing, coffee itself (but love variations on it, like coffee ice cream), advocados and everything made with them...
  • littlemissanguissette
    littlemissanguissette Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Pineapple...Cannot stand the texture. Love the juice...won't eat the fruit though. Yeecch.

Twilight...not a fan, at all. AT ALL. I read the books, they were entertaining enough. But definitely not worthy of a cult following. Now Rocky Horror? That deserves a following.

American Idol, Dancing with the Stars - don't like, don't watch, don't keep up with at all.

I don't like Oprah, either.
  • starboardzor
    starboardzor Posts: 312
    Options
    Reality TV.. All kinds. ALL KINDS.