Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    brandi9172 wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Good parenting confession here:

My 14yo (nearly 15) daughter is reading "A Game of Thrones" (Book one of the series "A Song of Ice and Fire" for all you folks who only watch the TV series) and we are letting her watch the series with us (so far, due to schedules, we've only watched the first one of the series).

My now 12yo has been watching RuPaul's Drag Race with me on and off since season 1. I tend to fall in the if it's not killing them, they'll be fine, school of parenting.

I've let my 9 year old watch The Walking Dead with me because I go to the same parenting school. He thinks he's the coolest kid ever.

I have three male teenagers and when they were young, 1st grade plus, they watched nearly everything I watched. I never hid them from any of the supposedly grown up stuff...Horror, Sci-fi, movies with adult situations, pretty much anything. I guess only time will tell, but they are currently 3 very well behaved, well rounded, and intelligent individuals capable of making decisions and have their own minds and ideas. They are my favorite people.

I did the same with my kids. I now have two very well-adjusted, independent grown kids (21 year old daughter, 20 year old son).

I also never helicoptered them. School was their responsibility when they started bringing homework. It was THEIR homework, not mine. I was a single mother, I didn't have time to try to have a career and do my kids' homework. It drives me crazy when friends on FB talk about how much work they're doing on their kids' school projects. It's the STUDENT's responsibility!!

So much yes. And the worst part is that they think the teachers can't tell. I can tell at a science fair which projects were actually done by a 10 year old and which were done by an adult. If I can, I'm sure the teacher can. I'm very judgmental about this.

This is as far as I go helping my kids with projects:
    Kid: "Mom, can you help me with this project."
    Me: "Absolutely! What do you need for it?"
    Kid: Lists off the ingredients/resources needed
    Me: Tell them where in the house they can find what they need
    Kid: Gathers everything they need.
    Me: "Well, my job's done. Glad I could help! Better get busy!"

This will be me when/if I become a mother! Thumbs up!

Oh yeah. That was me.
    The only problem was when they waited until the last possible minute and needed something I didn't have on hand (poster board being a memorable one).

Grrrrrr.

This is why I would by large packages of poster board and keep them hidden. I hate late notification of stuff they need for projects they were aware of for weeks/months.
  • rdlewis123
    rdlewis123 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    MKEgal wrote: »
    Just before my period, I get huge cravings for really bad-for-me food... This week, in 2 days I ate a whole package of Oreos. (But I had them with skim milk! Does that help at all?)
    I really wish menopause would happen soon. (No chance; it's probably at least another 5 years away.) :disappointed:
    The rest of the month, I can take it or leave it. Those few days, no cookie or chip is safe.

Menopause is not what it is cracked up to be. Now instead of a once a month binge with the cycle, it now comes TWICE a month
    NOT FUN
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    You know that awful feeling when you're waiting for an answer, any answer, and you've been waiting for over a week? URGH, seriously, why be people hiring so slow.

I actually find it very ridiculous for hiring to take a long time. I interviewed for a job once, thought I did well and waited two weeks. Heard nothing. Then I interviewed fro my current job and they hired me at the interview. Three weeks later, the first place called back to tell me that I got the job. I informed them that I now had a job and that five weeks was way too long to sit around waiting.

Happened to me, too. I got a job offer for another job after I'd already started here. I was already taking relocation dollars (living in corporate housing). I probably would have jumped if I had preferred the other location. I didn't really want to live in Columbus, OH anyhow, so turning them down was easy.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    I binged a few times last week and still somehow lost weight. Then I convinced myself that I could do that now, and ate like crap for the past few days. 2 pounds later and I feel so dumb for thinking I could lose weight while eating 500 calories more than I'm supposed to, but at least the weight will come back off.

I also stopped taking my birth control because it was making it harder for me to lose weight. Luckily I don't have any need to be on it as of now, but it still felt a little desperate.

I also only record my weight when it's under the last recording so I don't feel bad about gaining a few pounds every once in a while.

I also don't have a plan of what to do when I reach my goal weight. I want to maintain, but it'll take some experimentation to see how it turns out.

God, I have a lot of confessions...

I also don't need to be on birth control, but I take it anyhow. I always gain like crazy when I stop taking it. My hormones are whack.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    brandi9172 wrote: »
    Good parenting confession here:

My 14yo (nearly 15) daughter is reading "A Game of Thrones" (Book one of the series "A Song of Ice and Fire" for all you folks who only watch the TV series) and we are letting her watch the series with us (so far, due to schedules, we've only watched the first one of the series).

My now 12yo has been watching RuPaul's Drag Race with me on and off since season 1. I tend to fall in the if it's not killing them, they'll be fine, school of parenting.

I've let my 9 year old watch The Walking Dead with me because I go to the same parenting school. He thinks he's the coolest kid ever.

I have three male teenagers and when they were young, 1st grade plus, they watched nearly everything I watched. I never hid them from any of the supposedly grown up stuff...Horror, Sci-fi, movies with adult situations, pretty much anything. I guess only time will tell, but they are currently 3 very well behaved, well rounded, and intelligent individuals capable of making decisions and have their own minds and ideas. They are my favorite people.

I did the same with my kids. I now have two very well-adjusted, independent grown kids (21 year old daughter, 20 year old son).

I also never helicoptered them. School was their responsibility when they started bringing homework. It was THEIR homework, not mine. I was a single mother, I didn't have time to try to have a career and do my kids' homework. It drives me crazy when friends on FB talk about how much work they're doing on their kids' school projects. It's the STUDENT's responsibility!!

So much yes. And the worst part is that they think the teachers can't tell. I can tell at a science fair which projects were actually done by a 10 year old and which were done by an adult. If I can, I'm sure the teacher can. I'm very judgmental about this.

This is as far as I go helping my kids with projects:
    Kid: "Mom, can you help me with this project."
    Me: "Absolutely! What do you need for it?"
    Kid: Lists off the ingredients/resources needed
    Me: Tell them where in the house they can find what they need
    Kid: Gathers everything they need.
    Me: "Well, my job's done. Glad I could help! Better get busy!"

This will be me when/if I become a mother! Thumbs up!

Oh yeah. That was me.
    The only problem was when they waited until the last possible minute and needed something I didn't have on hand (poster board being a memorable one).

Grrrrrr.

This was the story of my life. Two out of three of my kids were procrastinators. Drove me crazy. We'd have the same conversation listed above except for:
    Me: When is it due?
    Kid: Tomorrow
    Every. Single. Time. Really hated when they'd spring something on me that actually needed my participation like making food to send or attending an event. We live a block from the high school my kids graduated from and every time on my way home if the parking lot was full of cars in the evening my first thought would be, "Wonder if I'm supposed to be there for something?".

My youngest son played the National Anthem on his guitar for his senior assembly and his counselor knew to call to tell me so that I didn't miss is because he didn't remember to.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    fitfatty88 wrote: »
    It's Avengers dayyyy! I'm going to go see Age of Ultron tonight with family which should be fun.

It's casual Friday at work so we can dress down but still look professional. I stopped caring a while ago so today I'm in my Iron Man tshirt. Also my Captain America underoos but those I decided not to wear on the outside of my pants... :)

Enjoy!!! I really liked it. Went to see it last night. Going back tomorrow with the family (I just couldn't wait).

My confession is that I don't seem to be able to go to the grocery store without buying ice cream.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I bought my plan ticket to London last night-- Harry Potter land here I come!!! Haha watch out London here I come!!

Awesome! When are you going? Have fun!!

I'm flying out of Columbus, OH in the beginning of August!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    It's Avengers dayyyy! I'm going to go see Age of Ultron tonight with family which should be fun.

It's casual Friday at work so we can dress down but still look professional. I stopped caring a while ago so today I'm in my Iron Man tshirt. Also my Captain America underoos but those I decided not to wear on the outside of my pants... :)

Enjoy!!! I really liked it. Went to see it last night. Going back tomorrow with the family (I just couldn't wait).

My confession is that I don't seem to be able to go to the grocery store without buying ice cream.
  • almondbutterbay
    almondbutterbay Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

I can't wait to go see it! For some reason I can't seem to find anyone to go with me so idk when I'm gonna go see it. Avengers all the way!
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options

Saw it last night, scrapped my planned dinner for macadamia nuts (can't have popcorn). It was worth it.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,489 Member
    Options

Saw it last night, scrapped my planned dinner for macadamia nuts (can't have popcorn). It was worth it.

We're going to go see it as a family, but only because we happen to have like 50$ in movie theater gift cards, otherwise it would have to wait. Movies with 6 people are pricey!!

• kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    Confession: We have 2 birthday parties tomorrow and I fully intend on eating cake at both of them.

I sure hope they have cake at both of them.
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I can't believe it's already May. What's everyone's life goals for May?

Mine are to not weigh myself at all this month (cause the longest I've gone in the last three years without weighing myself is two weeks) and to not self harm at all this month.

My goal too! I weighed myself this morning and decided that was it until June 1st! I make too big a deal about the number on the scale. It has not been moving at all for a couple of weeks. I, shamefully, made one of my kids weigh herself, so I could make sure the scale wasn't broke and stuck on that number. I have gone down four sizes and my newest size is starting to get baggy, but I still get so disheartened when that scale number doesn't move. Hoping that, by not weighing, I can feel good about the rest.
  • Britxclarity
    Britxclarity Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    I confess Im trying to loose weight to so I can get pregnant....
    I havent told anyone I want to get pregnant...

You aren't alone with that. I hope no-one recognizes me in real life!

This is one of the main reasons why I am trying too.. I am 29 and as a female I just fear my clock is ticking. Of course I do not have anyone to help me convieve yet.. But still I hope its in my future one day.
  • ladybuggnorris
    edited May 2015
    Options
  • ladybuggnorris
    Options
    shannonbun wrote: »
    I went running outside for the first time today, cos y'know, I was feeling good about myself... while running through campus, someone yelled out of their car, "RUN, FAT GIRL!!" I wanted to flip off the chick who yelled so badly, but she was in a car, so obviously she got away.

Come say that to my face and we'll see just how fast you can run. Grrrrr...

Oh man, I am so sorry that you had to experience that. People are so evil sometimes.

I remember as a kid walking and I had a few things thrown at me from people driving by in cars. What is wrong with people?

I was fully developed in a DD bra when I was in 7th grade. When I was in high school, a girl yelled at me down the hallway, " Why don't you go get reductions...on your WHOLE body?" From that day on, she decided she liked picking on me. I have always had a very high self esteem and just chalked it up to her either being picked on herself or having a terrible self esteem and never gave her the time of day with a response.

I have it on good authority that she is now over 300 pounds, twice divorced with 6 kids and living on welfare. She is on the planning committee for our 20yr high school reunion and I am giddy with excitement about it. It is in July 2016, so I still have a while to keep doing what I am doing.

This is in no way a judgement on anybody that is in her same situation...I only get satisfaction from it because of the way I was treated by her.

I really don't care if you are fat/skinny, rich/poor, gay/straight...if you are nice to me, I will be nice to you. End of story.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    shannonbun wrote: »
    I went running outside for the first time today, cos y'know, I was feeling good about myself... while running through campus, someone yelled out of their car, "RUN, FAT GIRL!!" I wanted to flip off the chick who yelled so badly, but she was in a car, so obviously she got away.

Come say that to my face and we'll see just how fast you can run. Grrrrr...

Oh man, I am so sorry that you had to experience that. People are so evil sometimes.

I remember as a kid walking and I had a few things thrown at me from people driving by in cars. What is wrong with people?

I was fully developed in a DD bra when I was in 7th grade. When I was in high school, a girl yelled at me down the hallway, " Why don't you go get reductions...on your WHOLE body?" From that day on, she decided she liked picking on me. I have always had a very high self esteem and just chalked it up to her either being picked on herself or having a terrible self esteem and never gave her the time of day with a response.

I have it on good authority that she is now over 300 pounds, twice divorced with 6 kids and living on welfare. She is on the planning committee for our 20yr high school reunion and I am giddy with excitement about it. It is in July 2016, so I still have a while to keep doing what I am doing.

This is in no way a judgement on anybody that is in her same situation...I only get satisfaction from it because of the way I was treated by her.

I really don't care if you are fat/skinny, rich/poor, gay/straight...if you are nice to me, I will be nice to you. End of story.

I suspect that a lot of the people from school who originally friended me on fb did so to see how big I got. It makes me quite happy they instead get pics of me smaller than I ever was in hs. I'll admit to being happy when I see the worst of them have gotten their middle age pooch, too. Bonus points if they're still stuck in reliving hs and think their week on homecoming court was the highlight of their life. It's been over 25 years, surely they must have accomplished SOMETHING else by now?
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options

Haha. karma.

I agree. I have been fat, skinny and then fat again (and hopefully skinny again soon). I'm the same exact person either way. I don't get why some people treat others badly. I treat people the way they treat me.

• 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Confession1 : My weigh in will suck tomorrow morning, my 'gain' only budged by .4lbs this morning. *sticks tounge out* pfftt damnit.

Confession 2: A nephew got caught smoking pot(not put lol) NOT surprised because of who his mom is. smh

Confession 3: I checked out the DQ site and they have TWO blizzards of the month. fml

PS Happy MAY DAY!

@AgentOrangeJuice Congrats!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    Confession 3: I checked out the DQ site and they have TWO blizzards of the month. fml
    The cotton candy Blizzard sounds amazing.

There's a Marble Slab next to the theater I'm going to tomorrow and I intend to fill my cotton candy ice cream craving there. :yum: