Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,393 Member
    Options
    Confession: I would totally take my 14yo to Bonaroo, if she wasn't taking the ACT that weekend.
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    schle009 wrote: »
    I have eaten an entire bag of anises today.
    Phonetically a bag of anises sounds like it'd taste like crap. Lol puns.
    spamarie wrote: »
    I'd be pooped after a bag of anises.

One can only wonder what aspects of NASA Mission Control dialogue might ever happen to be, were we to ever launch a successful astronaut-helmed mission to Uranus...(!)

NASA: This is mission control... do you have Uranus in sight...?

Astronaut: Listen, Bill... I'm gettin' sick and tired of the jokes... so, just cut it out...

NASA: We repeat... this is mission control... DO you have URANUS in sight?!

Astronaut: Oh! -- My apologies... I thought you might have been making reference to that yoga position I was in earlier, in which I happen to be capable of temporarily seeing what tends to otherwise be 'behind' me... sorry, folks... yes, we have Uranus in sight...

NASA: How's your 'cookie' doin' this fine morning...?

Astronaut: Dam*it, guys... *stop* with this crap!

schle009 wrote: »
    I have eaten an entire bag of anises today. I have gained back 17 lbs that I lost because I can't say no to cookies :(

A mischievous, intentionally-misinterpreting part of me playfully wondered ('aloud', albeit silently ;P ), "so is *that* what folks are calling 'those' nowadays... 'cookies'...?" ;)
  • overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    fitfatty88 wrote: »
    Confession: I've been listening to NSync all day. It started with "It's gonna be me" because of the It's Gonna Be May meme but now I've gotten so deep I'm listening to the Christmas album.

I hope my boss can't hear.

And if your boss can hear it, he/she will know that God must have spent a little more time on you because you're clearly awesome. It's tearin' up my heart that I don't have any *NSync on my workout playlist, so I guess I'll have to say bye, bye, bye to it and make a new list before I drive myself crazy. ;)

You know reading this message reminds me that thinking of you (I drive myself crazy). You better make that amazing playlist or you'll feel gone, this I promise you. For the girl who has everything...I recommend you include Space Cowboy and Bringin' Da Noise for the ultimate Pop workout mix.

(You know trying to make N*Sync puns was hard...almost to the point where it makes me ill) :p

Well played, my friend. :)
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Confession: I was a teenager in the 90's who loved rock and alternative (Metallica was my favorite band, I may or may not have forgiven my mom for screwing up getting me tickets to their concert and it's been 19 yrs), but I HATE NIRVANA!!!!!

Ah my parents wouldn't let me see SOAD the first time around, and then they went on their little 'break' and I was DEVASTATED. I didn't talk to them for weeks. Then they did a music festival here a couple of years ago and I was all over the tickets like a fly around S***. I nearly wet my pants when they came on stage. I stayed sober so I would remember every minute of it. Best day of my life so far. :D

My mom's company had season tickets to the Oilers (hockey team in Edmonton), which meant they got first shot at tickets when bands performed at the coliseum. When I heard Metallica was coming, I was on my mom like white on rice. She swore she'd get the tickets (for May 28th, 1997) and then missed the deadline. I was devastated and pissed for months in the way that only wronged teenagers can be, lol.

Ha ha it's true, I think wronged teenagers take it to a whole new level.

I hope you still made use of the Oilers tickets! I'm more of a Bruins fan myself, but I still wouldn't turn down the tickets :wink:
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Thanks. Yes it's me. It's not good. We are scheduling a date to put him down next month, if he can be ok that long. He is not in pain and is happy as can be but his condition is deteriorating and the vet is worried one day he will fall down and break something or lay down and not be able to get up. The month is for me to spend time with him and adjust to the idea. I am heartbroken and sick over it. I have spent the last week in tears. But it's the right thing to do and I don't want to ever see him in pain. So thanks for asking and I will let you all know when it happens... And hopefully I can keep it together until then.

Every time I read about this is makes me teary. I'm so sorry you are going through this. I hope you can keep it together too but I would totally understand if you couldn't. I know I wouldn't be able to. :(

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    A couple of Friday morning confessions that relate to two of our most quoted posts:

1. My laundry service (by that I mean my husband) didn't get the laundry done like he usually does before my group bike ride yesterday. I grabbed the bike shorts I needed (and the matching jersey) out of the pile of dirty laundry and wore them on the ride so I'd match all the other riders in the group.
    2. I have eaten entirely too much peanut butter straight out of the jar since I stopped logging food 3 weeks ago. (I'm trying to maintain current weight without logging.)
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    Confession: I was a teenager in the 90's who loved rock and alternative (Metallica was my favorite band, I may or may not have forgiven my mom for screwing up getting me tickets to their concert and it's been 19 yrs), but I HATE NIRVANA!!!!!

Ah my parents wouldn't let me see SOAD the first time around, and then they went on their little 'break' and I was DEVASTATED. I didn't talk to them for weeks. Then they did a music festival here a couple of years ago and I was all over the tickets like a fly around S***. I nearly wet my pants when they came on stage. I stayed sober so I would remember every minute of it. Best day of my life so far. :D

Edit: You HAVE to see Metallica! I've seen them three times now and they just. keep. getting. better. DO IT! :D

I 2nd that! I took my youngest son and one of his friends to Ozz Fest when they were 15 yrs. old and to Metallica when they were 16. It was great!
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Confession: I've been listening to NSync all day. It started with "It's gonna be me" because of the It's Gonna Be May meme but now I've gotten so deep I'm listening to the Christmas album.

And if your boss can hear it, he/she will know that God must have spent a little more time on you because you're clearly awesome. It's tearin' up my heart that I don't have any *NSync on my workout playlist, so I guess I'll have to say bye, bye, bye to it and make a new list before I drive myself crazy. ;)

You know reading this message reminds me that thinking of you (I drive myself crazy). You better make that amazing playlist or you'll feel gone, this I promise you. For the girl who has everything...I recommend you include Space Cowboy and Bringin' Da Noise for the ultimate Pop workout mix.

(You know trying to make N*Sync puns was hard...almost to the point where it makes me ill) :p

Well played, my friend. :)

That was artistic and entertaining, you two... and involves a skill that you might seriously want to consider having 'at the ready', for mentioning if/when you're ever on Jeopardy... and Alex Trebek comes over for that little player-podium -time chit-chat... ;) ...and 'prompts' you with a, "so, I understand you have a special talent... would you mind sharing it with our studio audience?" -- to which you would then proudly proclaim, "why, yes, Alex... and that would be... that I'm a member of a Dynamic Duo which excels at making *NSYNC puns...!" -- "I see... and how did this previously unknown talent 'surface'...?" -- "Well, Alex, as it turns out... it was in the Confessions thread of a MyFitnessPal.com discussion forum, of all places...!" -- "...aaaaand, we're on to the next round... Ms. Overlook, pick your category..." -- "Alex, I'll take *NSYNC Song Titles, for $500..." -- "You Got It... Here We Go..."

(!)

;)
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    I've seen Metallica 3x. Twice on the Black tour and once with GnR @ RFK Stadium. \m/ \m/
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    On top of it being Free Comic Book Day, it is also PoutineFest outside of my work. The inner fat teenage nerd is beyond happy, excuse me as I stuff my face while reading a new comic. >.>
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    I picked up a couple of books that apparently have amazing reviews. Does anyone have anything to say about Stoner by John Williams and Ancillary Justice by Ann Leckie?

And does anyone have any other books they'd like to recommend to me? I'm trying to get back into reading after a long hiatus.

Hey @FluffySandwich I would recommend the old classics. I love a classic. War of the Worlds is a good one, The Picture of Dorian Gray or Robinson Crusoe. Lord of the Flies is also good. I guess that's why they are called classics. lol
    However I am also a MASSIVE fan of Terry Pratchett, if you want a starter of Terry Pratchett I would go for The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents. Friggin HALARIOUS! It was my first ever Terry Pratchett and I still re-read to this day.
    If you want something enlightening, sad, but overall feel good 'The Five People you meet in Heaven' by Mitch Albom is good. Kind of puts a good perspective on death. Actually I would recommend this to everyone who reads this. Actually I think I might re-read it now.
    If you like something a bit more...taxing on the brain Ian Banks - The Wasp Factory is good. It's a bit, uh, odd, and ... disturbing? I don't know how to explain it, you will have to read the reviews, there is a good mixture on amazon, it depends on what you're in to.
    I'll read everything apart from modern day chick books, they just do not appeal to me.
    Thanks for your reply! I've read The Picture of Dorian Gray, Robinson Crusoe, and Lord of the Flies all for school ;) Enjoyed them all, especially the rather gruesome Lord of the Flies. I've never checked out Terry Pratchett, though, so I'll have to check him out. The Five People you Meet in Heaven sounds like a fascinating read. Next time I go to Chapters I'll have a look around and see if I can find it. Thanks again for your reply! :)

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I have fallen off the wagon for the last two days.....gonna climb back on today, but I am STILL eating wings and nachos and pizza during the fight tomorrow....I MIGHT even have an alcoholic drink, for the first time in over a decade.....
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

Edit: You HAVE to see Metallica! I've seen them three times now and they just. keep. getting. better. DO IT! :D

I 2nd that! I took my youngest son and one of his friends to Ozz Fest when they were 15 yrs. old and to Metallica when they were 16. It was great!

I saw Metallica in 85 at Day On The Green along with the Scorpions. Also saw them headlining on the Justice tour in '89 with Queensryche opening, playing the entire Mindcrime album - one of the best concerts I've ever seen!

Sorry, but those geezers with the voice cracking singer ain't Metallica, kids.

• FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    My first day of work went great!

I work at a restaurant that actually has some healthy choices and I get a free meal every shift so that was nice! I calculated the calories for my meal that I wanted a few days ago so it was really nice. I spent eight whole hours not constantly obsessing about food, I felt productive and feel like now I can actually reach my goals without constantly focusing on them

*high fives everyone who reads this*

Congrats on both!
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    A couple of Friday morning confessions that relate to two of our most quoted posts:

1. My laundry service (by that I mean my husband) didn't get the laundry done like he usually does before my group bike ride yesterday. I grabbed the bike shorts I needed (and the matching jersey) out of the pile of dirty laundry and wore them on the ride so I'd match all the other riders in the group.
    2. I have eaten entirely too much peanut butter straight out of the jar since I stopped logging food 3 weeks ago. (I'm trying to maintain current weight without logging.)

That is funny! I mean, not the part where you had to wear pre-worn workout clothes, but at least you were outside and I'm sure no one could tell.
  • Momakanga
    Momakanga Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I have fallen off the wagon for the last two days.....gonna climb back on today, but I am STILL eating wings and nachos and pizza during the fight tomorrow....I MIGHT even have an alcoholic drink, for the first time in over a decade.....

How about if you eat the wings, nachos and pizza and I will have the alcoholic beverage?
  • almondbutterbay
    almondbutterbay Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I can't believe it's already May. What's everyone's life goals for May?

Mine are to not weigh myself at all this month (cause the longest I've gone in the last three years without weighing myself is two weeks) and to not self harm at all this month.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Confession: I've relapsed completely into bulimia.
    I was clean about 8 months.
    My total time bulimic is 7 years.
    I afraid of dying

Please seek help NOW, do not wait another minute. You are worth so much more than what you eat or what weigh. Check back in with us and let us know how things are going.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options

My confession (although I don't see it as a bad thing) is that this whole N*Sync thing is lost on me. I Didn't like any boy band from the 19-2000 era. My boy bands were System of a Down, Metallica, Korn and Nirvana.

Edit: Additional Confession, they still are my boy bands :wink:

Yes to all three of those bands! Didn't really get into the whole "boy band" hype when it was around, and it's quite hilarious that specific era is trying to make a comeback *ahem* one direction *ahem*. I may be a little southern girl who enjoys her country music too, but I have a particular soft spot for rock and metal. :wink:
    Judge away, folks, I'm a walking contradiction lmao...

I think it could be because the bands themselves are trying to make a comeback, which is unfortunate.

I'm still a Backstreet Boys fan. They blew up in the US when I was 6. I would just like to point out that they never broke up. They took a break, but they never officially broke up. Since their hey day, they've released albums in 2005, 2007 (with 4 members - Kevin left in 2006), 2009 (4 members), and 2013. I finally got to see them live in 2010 as 4 and in 2011 with New Kids on the Block. I need to go see them as 5; they came near me in 2013, but I couldn't go. Their 22nd anniversary as a group was 4/20.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options

I've only worked out three times since throwing out my back on 4/8. Once I'm home from dogsitting and back to a more normal space/routine, I'm back in the game.

I'm getting Chipotle today and I'm excited; haven't had it since January.