Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    My mother-in-law called last week and said she's coming to visit for a week. :s I confess: I think I'll have a LOT of overtime to work that week.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    fitfatty88 wrote: »
    Confession: I've been listening to NSync all day. It started with "It's gonna be me" because of the It's Gonna Be May meme but now I've gotten so deep I'm listening to the Christmas album.

I hope my boss can't hear.

And if your boss can hear it, he/she will know that God must have spent a little more time on you because you're clearly awesome. It's tearin' up my heart that I don't have any *NSync on my workout playlist, so I guess I'll have to say bye, bye, bye to it and make a new list before I drive myself crazy. ;)

You know reading this message reminds me that thinking of you (I drive myself crazy). You better make that amazing playlist or you'll feel gone, this I promise you. For the girl who has everything...I recommend you include Space Cowboy and Bringin' Da Noise for the ultimate Pop workout mix.

(You know trying to make N*Sync puns was hard...almost to the point where it makes me ill) :p

My confession (although I don't see it as a bad thing) is that this whole N*Sync thing is lost on me. I Didn't like any boy band from the 19-2000 era. My boy bands were System of a Down, Metallica, Korn and Nirvana.

Edit: Additional Confession, they still are my boy bands :wink:

I think we are secret sisters. British SOAD fan also born in the 80s right here. Although I will confess, I do have a bit of Destiny's Child on my jogging playlist. Don't tell my metal friends though.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,413 Member
    Options
    mwyvr wrote: »
    I had two strips of bacon today. Got back from a 9k run and there they were, glistening sweetly in the pan, still warm.

My confession? I wanted five strips and had there been five I doubt I could have held myself back.

FATE oh please oh please don't tempt me with Greek lamb shoulder roast tomorrow. Oh, forget it, tempt me.

I fully plan to eat 5 strips of bacon today. They are already pre-logged in my diary, along with the half pound ribeye I plan to eat for lunch!
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    First Saturday of May, which is tomorrow, is Free Comic Book Day, find your local comic retailer and be sure to stop in.

For you ladies if you're looking for strong female leads I suggest:

Captain Marvel - Carol Danvers is kicking butt as the current rendition of the hero.
    Miss Marvel is pretty popular as well.
    Princess Leia has a 5 part mini series right now, about life after your planet blows up, what's a princess that has no people do?

Everyone:
    Kanan The Last Padawan - The Emperor just enacted Order 66 and the Clone Army has turned on their Jedi Generals, the story focuses on those days immediately after the events of Revenge of the Sith, the tightening of control by the Empire.
    All-New All Different Avengers - Sam Wilsons Captain America, Thor (female version), Nova, Miss Marvel, Iron Man in new armor that lets him restructure the suit into different forms, Miles Morales Ultimate Spider-Man, and Vision headline this book, that really showcases Marvels diversity.

• margfish
    margfish Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    That moment where you're super afraid to weigh yourself because of a major binge on Sunday, even though you've been super good since then, and then you do and it's not as bad as you thought. Happy Friday everyone!
  • margfish
    margfish Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Confession: I've relapsed completely into bulimia.
    I was clean about 8 months.
    My total time bulimic is 7 years.
    I afraid of dying

I'm so sorry. I've relapsed before, too. I'm currently about two months from my last purge, and about a year from doing it super regularly. You can get over this setback. Just remember you are worth it and so much stronger than you think. The first time you say no is the hardest, and it gets slightly easier every time after that. I'll be thinking of you.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Confession: I've been listening to NSync all day. It started with "It's gonna be me" because of the It's Gonna Be May meme but now I've gotten so deep I'm listening to the Christmas album.

And if your boss can hear it, he/she will know that God must have spent a little more time on you because you're clearly awesome. It's tearin' up my heart that I don't have any *NSync on my workout playlist, so I guess I'll have to say bye, bye, bye to it and make a new list before I drive myself crazy. ;)

You know reading this message reminds me that thinking of you (I drive myself crazy). You better make that amazing playlist or you'll feel gone, this I promise you. For the girl who has everything...I recommend you include Space Cowboy and Bringin' Da Noise for the ultimate Pop workout mix.

(You know trying to make N*Sync puns was hard...almost to the point where it makes me ill) :p

My confession (although I don't see it as a bad thing) is that this whole N*Sync thing is lost on me. I Didn't like any boy band from the 19-2000 era. My boy bands were System of a Down, Metallica, Korn and Nirvana.

Yes to all three of those bands! Didn't really get into the whole "boy band" hype when it was around, and it's quite hilarious that specific era is trying to make a comeback *ahem* one direction *ahem*. I may be a little southern girl who enjoys her country music too, but I have a particular soft spot for rock and metal. :wink:
    Judge away, folks, I'm a walking contradiction lmao...
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    Confession: I was a teenager in the 90's who loved rock and alternative (Metallica was my favorite band, I may or may not have forgiven my mom for screwing up getting me tickets to their concert and it's been 19 yrs), but I HATE NIRVANA!!!!!
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Greetings from California! I'm bummed I missed paged 500 during my travels yesterday. I do appear to have lost all the bloat from TOM though, so things even out.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    My million-dollar business idea is to start a salon where no one talks to you. It's silent and there is music or Netflix or whatever for each person and you can just sit there and not make small talk with your stylist at all. He or she will just ask you what you want, clarify if necessary, and then just stop talking unless they're asking you if you're okay with what they're doing. And you can just have your hair cut and coloured and not have to tell your stylist about your last vacation and listen to them complain about their coworkers and the state of your hair.

As you all can see, I'm still way behind (I'm trying to catch up...)

I love this idea. I don't like making small talk at salons. I just want them to cut my hair. Please make this a reality!
    I always have the same issue at salons. They are always like, "your hair is so dry, what did you do to it?" I'm like...uhh I live in Colorado. It's dry here. End of story. I try to use products etc but it never seems to help much. I need to live by the ocean.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    margfish wrote: »
    I afraid of dying

I'm so sorry. I've relapsed before, too. I'm currently about two months from my last purge, and about a year from doing it super regularly. You can get over this setback. Just remember you are worth it and so much stronger than you think. The first time you say no is the hardest, and it gets slightly easier every time after that. I'll be thinking of you.

@pleasepleaseno - It's not unusual to relapse. You have to do all of the things that helped you stop 8 months before. If that means going back to a therapist/doctor/dietician (I was seeing all 3 for about a year), then do that. I still fight it. All. The. Time. I still have the occasional binge/purge episode. I admit it. They are few and far between, I know my triggers and try to avoid them.
    When I was at my worst, I was doing it 5-10 times per day. Exhausting and expensive.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    My gym partner is one of those "lucky" people that have always been naturally thin. She's taller than me, thinner than me and is naturally graceful in her movements. (I could be best described as "short & stocky" - there is nothing delicate or graceful about me lol.)

The other day I noticed that she is starting to put on weight, especially in her midsection (she is not pregnant lol).

My confession is that it made me a little happy. I bust my butt to try to lose weight and educate myself about my health, but she has never cared or watched what she eats and I think it is going to catch up with her eventually and she won't know how to change it. And I'll be the small one muahahahaha. I am terrible, I know.

Also, this is my 1000th post, on my 100th day of logging :smiley:

I feel like this with my sister. I love my sister, don't get me wrong. But she was always the super skinny one in the family and my mother doted on her when it came to clothes shopping while I was stuck wearing ugly *kitten*. Now she's married to a southern boy and eating that southern cooking. She's gained weight, I think she's around a size 12 and she's happy with herself and her body, but one milestone I was happy to make is when I started to wear smaller jean sizes than her.

I like being smaller than her. I think that was always a mini goal in the back of my mind...

Part of the reason I finally started losing weight was because my sister got back into mfp and lost her baby weight. Since my son is 8 months older than his cousin, I thought I should probably jump on the wagon too.

My sister is older than me and we have completely different body types. She's only 3 inches taller than me, but even when we're in the same size, she is long limbed and small framed and I am short and broad. I don't even know how much smaller of a size I'd have to be to actually look like it!
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    I afraid of dying

I'm sorry to hear this, can you get professional help at all?
    8 months is a good run! I recently quit smoking, i'm on about 2 & half months and going well.
    I'm not particularly knowledgeable on ED's but is this something you could just dust yourself off and keep going? Consider it a little stumble, but get up smiling and carry on as you were?

This is good advice. Sorry for your struggles, but it doesn't mean you've failed. Just try again. Fear of death is extremely serious, though. Do you have a doctor or therapist you can see ASAP?
  • BZAH10
    Options

Thank you! I'm 100% with you on this one.
  • BZAH10
    Options
    First Saturday of May, which is tomorrow, is Free Comic Book Day, find your local comic retailer and be sure to stop in.

For you ladies if you're looking for strong female leads I suggest:

Captain Marvel - Carol Danvers is kicking butt as the current rendition of the hero.
    Miss Marvel is pretty popular as well.
    Princess Leia has a 5 part mini series right now, about life after your planet blows up, what's a princess that has no people do?

Everyone:
    Kanan The Last Padawan - The Emperor just enacted Order 66 and the Clone Army has turned on their Jedi Generals, the story focuses on those days immediately after the events of Revenge of the Sith, the tightening of control by the Empire.
    All-New All Different Avengers - Sam Wilsons Captain America, Thor (female version), Nova, Miss Marvel, Iron Man in new armor that lets him restructure the suit into different forms, Miles Morales Ultimate Spider-Man, and Vision headline this book, that really showcases Marvels diversity.

Thanks for the PSA! I saw this announced in our local paper yesterday. I think I'll see if 9 yr. old grandson would be interested in going to this. Of course, he's going to see the Avengers movie at the IMAX this afternoon, so comic books may seem a bit boring, but I think I can convince him.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Confession: I was a teenager in the 90's who loved rock and alternative (Metallica was my favorite band, I may or may not have forgiven my mom for screwing up getting me tickets to their concert and it's been 19 yrs), but I HATE NIRVANA!!!!!

Ah my parents wouldn't let me see SOAD the first time around, and then they went on their little 'break' and I was DEVASTATED. I didn't talk to them for weeks. Then they did a music festival here a couple of years ago and I was all over the tickets like a fly around S***. I nearly wet my pants when they came on stage. I stayed sober so I would remember every minute of it. Best day of my life so far. :D

Edit: You HAVE to see Metallica! I've seen them three times now and they just. keep. getting. better. DO IT! :D
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »

I think we are secret sisters. British SOAD fan also born in the 80s right here. Although I will confess, I do have a bit of Destiny's Child on my jogging playlist. Don't tell my metal friends though.

Ha ha it's ok, I have Rihanna's 'umbrella' on mine. But just to compensate for that confession I also have Stone Sour, Tool, Black Stone Cherry, Combichrist, Slayer, along with many others. lol
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options

System of a Down is my all time favorite band. I listen to everything...when I would do yardwork it'd go from Korn to Backstreet Boys to Eminem during that 19-2000 era... I still do that now though lol.
  • Lois_1989
    Options

Yes to all three of those bands! Didn't really get into the whole "boy band" hype when it was around, and it's quite hilarious that specific era is trying to make a comeback *ahem* one direction *ahem*. I may be a little southern girl who enjoys her country music too, but I have a particular soft spot for rock and metal. :wink:
    Judge away, folks, I'm a walking contradiction lmao...

I think it could be because the bands themselves are trying to make a comeback, which is unfortunate.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options

Ah my parents wouldn't let me see SOAD the first time around, and then they went on their little 'break' and I was DEVASTATED. I didn't talk to them for weeks. Then they did a music festival here a couple of years ago and I was all over the tickets like a fly around S***. I nearly wet my pants when they came on stage. I stayed sober so I would remember every minute of it. Best day of my life so far. :D

My mom's company had season tickets to the Oilers (hockey team in Edmonton), which meant they got first shot at tickets when bands performed at the coliseum. When I heard Metallica was coming, I was on my mom like white on rice. She swore she'd get the tickets (for May 28th, 1997) and then missed the deadline. I was devastated and pissed for months in the way that only wronged teenagers can be, lol.