St Louis area trainer posts picture of overweight fan at Cardinals game

Options

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    What else is sad is that if you read some of the comments on his Facebook page, people go off on him for body shaming, and follow it up with "curves are beautiful, sticks are not". Way to make your whole argument invalid.

I didn't look at his Facebook page but the comments of people from the KMOV article are laughable. I swear, the opportunity to post semi-anonymously on the internet just brings out the stupid in some people. Oh, wait... hang on. Nevermind. ;)

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    How dare he! That is awful, does he think she should sit indoors and not be seen?
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    bingo_jenn wrote: »
    http://theantijared.com/2015/05/i-was-the-so-called-unhealthy-fat-woman-at-the-cardinals-game-2.html

I just found this on his FB page with her response. Haven't finished reading it yet.
    Wow. That was amazing.
    What a great response. So proud of her.

• WinoGelato
    Options
    BinkyBonk wrote: »
    http://theantijared.com/2015/05/i-was-the-so-called-unhealthy-fat-woman-at-the-cardinals-game-2.html

I just found this on his FB page with her response. Haven't finished reading it yet.
    Oh I need to read this.
    You won't be sorry. She kicks *kitten* and I just hope she knows how awesome she is.

Says she's on MFP. She might be reading this thread right now!

Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »

Oh I need to read this.
    You won't be sorry. She kicks *kitten* and I just hope she knows how awesome she is.

Says she's on MFP. She might be reading this thread right now!

I hope so! I want to friend her!

• I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options

Wow what an awesome response!!
  • WinoGelato
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Her response, and the link to the Women's Health article is awesome.

Beverly, if you do find yourself in this thread, way to go, not only for taking such a proactive approach to your weight loss, but for having the balls to put that idiot in his place.

ETA - Go Cards!
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    Wow. I want to cry for that woman, even though her face is never shown. Does this guy think she's completely unaware of her weight?

Yes, we need to be having frank discussions about weight - with our Doctors, family, and others who care about our wellbeing. Some a-hole fat shaming a stranger on social media is not having a discussion. It's a DB being insensitive and using someone else's misfortune to his advantage. It's sickening.

At the risk of the other MFPers jumping down my throat, I'm going to use the B-word here. This guy is a bully. Plain and simple.

Agree with all this.
    The guy definitely sounds like an *kitten* on his Facebook page in general, but his post about the people next to her having to move does not bother me. I don't know that I'd call it fat shaming, more like an observation. Reporting what she was eating? Yeah....all aboard the douche canoe. While I don't think it was necessary to post her picture, I agree that people should not have to be uncomfortable in a seat they paid for because the person next to them is sharing it with them!

ETA: The media definitely didn't need to post it all over the place. It's likely the woman would have never seen it had they not. :s

And with this.

I'm embarrassed, living in St. Louis, that this guy breathes some of the same air as me.

I think he was trolling and sensationalizing and I think it is going to come back and kill his business.

Agree with this, To me Troll all the way,, in the end his business will suffer

• imarlett1971
    imarlett1971 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'll chime in because I am a big girl. I see both sides here. What the trainer did was rude and hurtful. However, (and I am not excusing him here) when you are out in public, everyone is fair game. Is it nice? No. Is it fair? no. There are mean people out there so get used to it. Grow some thick skin. He did pixel out her face and not post her name however, there are other ways to make the point he was making. I, like another person posted on here, was not aware of how big I am (or was, 245 down to 210 and yes I know I am still big) and yeah its a little disconcerting that you spill over into other seats. I hope this is a wake up call for her to get some professional help if she isn't already working with someone. And I hope it is a wake up call to him not to be such a insensitive jerk.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

Strong and inspirational woman. Good for her!
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options

It's amazing how many "I was ..." entries there are on that blog, all authored by the antijared. The "Beverly" in the Women's Health article linked in the blog entry is a Nutrisystem follower that is eliminating salt and drinking water ... not exactly the same habits described at the ball park.
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    HER RESPONSE WAS AWESOME! What a well spoken woman with a kick *kitten* attitude. you should never judge cause you truly do not know what road another has traveled. you go girl!
    Options
    I'll chime in because I am a big girl. I see both sides here. What the trainer did was rude and hurtful. However, (and I am not excusing him here) when you are out in public, everyone is fair game. Is it nice? No. Is it fair? no. There are mean people out there so get used to it. Grow some thick skin. He did pixel out her face and not post her name however, there are other ways to make the point he was making. I, like another person posted on here, was not aware of how big I am (or was, 245 down to 210 and yes I know I am still big) and yeah its a little disconcerting that you spill over into other seats. I hope this is a wake up call for her to get some professional help if she isn't already working with someone. And I hope it is a wake up call to him not to be such a insensitive jerk.
    Everyone's entitled to their opinion I suppose, but I just can't get on board with that line of thinking.

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    This guy is an idiot. Karma will pay him back. Beverly's response and character are AMAZING! So impressed.

It makes me think of when there's a health segment on the news and they show overweight people walking down the street, only their backs of course. Wonder what those poor people think when they see the news? You'd think they'd have to get permission to use their images, but I don't think they do.
    Options

It's amazing how many "I was ..." entries there are on that blog, all authored by the antijared. The "Beverly" in the Women's Health article linked in the blog entry is a Nutrisystem follower that is eliminating salt and drinking water ... not exactly the same habits described at the ball park.
    Point?
    I don't care if she's noshing on a stick of butter. What he did was wrong, flat out.

• TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options

Well that made me cry.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

Point?
    I don't care if she's noshing on a stick of butter. What he did was wrong, flat out.

I agree, the only thing I didn't agree with was that those other fans should have never had to move, unless they were offered better seats. If this happened to me then the other person infringing on my paid for seat should be the one to move, unless they wanna pay for some of my ticket, then I'll consider a snuggle ;)

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

daaaaamn.jpg

Beverley - if you see this thread - you are awesome.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options

Point?

Point is one ... what evidence is there that the antijared blog is actually from here considering the number of "I was ... " entries there, and two, the eating habits don't coincide. I would like to thank you for highlighting his point of how difficult it is to have an adult conversation about obesity.
    edited May 2015
    Options

Point?

I agree, the only thing I didn't agree with was that those other fans should have never had to move, unless they were offered better seats.
    Agreed.
    And so I'm clear, I do agree that there is an obesity epidemic, and that it is unfair for others to suffer (having to move seats, etc), to accommodate someone's obesity. I'm not of the opinion that we should just ignore it.
    But I do believe in human decency and treating people with respect regardless of size.