What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• duckykissy
    duckykissy Posts: 285 Member
    I jogged just over 500 m today. I used my inhaler 10 minutes before and I didn't need my inhaler during. That's 2x as far as last week and no asthma attack pending, just a stitch in my side.
  • Jeaniegum
    Jeaniegum Posts: 6 Member
    joyzajda wrote: »
    Looking back at my vacation pictures and loving what I see, instead of having to do strategic cropping to make them look good :)

0awf5gz7jmmn.jpg

You look great! Curious as to where you were , it's gorgeous !
  • 0505jen
    0505jen Posts: 147 Member
    A friend came over this week and said I looked much younger.
    Bough 8lb weights to start lifting in my routine.
  • alyssa_rest
    alyssa_rest Posts: 276 Member
    Losing an inch off each leg - Carrie Underwood, here I come!
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Went shopping last night. AGAIN! Now in a nz s10 (us s6?) bottoms. And I found some amazingly awesome work pants that fit in all the right places AND were long enough (Im 5'9" and pants are never long enough!) I haven't been a size 10 since I was a uni student 15 years ago! I started this process as a tight nz s20, so feeling pretty stoked about now :D
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Oh and one more for yesterday - I was at a training course that was catered. I brought my own healthy snacks and tried to make good choices at lunch time as best I could. But at morning tea they pulled out cheese and ham croissants (a total weakness of mine). I got out my phone, opened MFP and checked what it would do for my daily kj goal. Then after seeing it would push me over the limit quite badly, went and grabbed a piece of fruit instead. I felt so proud of myself!
  • nuffer
    nuffer Posts: 402 Member
    Swam 1700 yards last night without stopping. When I got in the pool in the beginning of March, I struggled to make it to the end (25yds) without resting. The zero-to-1650 swim plan works!
  • jorinya
    jorinya Posts: 933 Member
    Finishing the Pump it Up Ultimate Dance DVD for the first time and not giving up. Inspiring someone at my consultant's office who just started her journey. Having someone tell me I look like I am going on 30, I'm 35!!!
  • Seeyoubabyweight
    Seeyoubabyweight Posts: 49 Member

I keep forgetting to post the great victories I've encountered so far, so here they are all collected :)

At a family dinner a couple months ago my SIL who I haven't seen since Christmas not only mentioned that I look good, but asked if I'd been working out. I love the comment "have you been working out" over "have you lost weight". It was an awesome NSV to have at my halfway point.

I recently purchased new clothes so I'd have proper fitting stuff for summer. I simply shopped based on what I liked and I felt good in. Came home and to my husbands glee I apparently purchased a number of 'short shorts'. Looking now, yup there was no way I would have even tried those on before I started this.

I actually complete some workouts lately and think "that's it". I am 99% sure I'm going everything correctly, so it means I've just become that much stronger.

My final is I weight in today at 128.5lbs. The NSV part to that is I didn't even 'click' in to the fact that I am finally into the 120s until the end of the day. I've been so focused on getting fit and have just know I CAN DO this that I didn't even question that eventually I'd be back down there.
  • spunkyabroad
    spunkyabroad Posts: 137 Member
    Most recect NSV: none of my clothes fit. Again. Best problem ever. I've been losing weight for 11 months so I've basically spent the last year with only one or two things that fit properly at a time. Every time I complain about it, my husband (best husband ever!) reminds me that this is a victory and he's right.

I'm really looking forward to being at my permanent size and being able to shop for clothes that will fit and be flattering for more than a month or two.
  • jorinya
    Having the restrign to stop myself going downstairs, going out the front door and punching the lights out of the security guard who's job is to watch for intruders coming into the estate and not watching me get dressed or workout through my window. Going to report his sorry butt on Monday to the management. Also gaining victory over my inner voice that was shouting "go and eat some of your husband's birthday cake, you need it, no one will know". I'll know!!! Couldn't sleep so came on here. Well done to all who have overcome!!!!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    I'm going to spend a week at an aquatic conference. in a bathing suit. All day. Every day. For five days. And I'm looking forward to it!
  • spunkyabroad
    spunkyabroad Posts: 137 Member
    I'm going to spend a week at an aquatic conference. in a bathing suit. All day. Every day. For five days. And I'm looking forward to it!

Awesome! Have a great time.
  • 2ledbetter
    2ledbetter Posts: 199 Member
    @47Jacqueline What is an aquatic conference consist of?
  • crazyqueencolta
    crazyqueencolta Posts: 2 Member
    I ran a full 5km straight for the first time in my life... it was slow, but I did it!
  • jorinya
    I'm wearing a small UK size 14 jeans for the first time in 4 years. Yippee, and its actually not tight on me!
  • suzihbe
    suzihbe Posts: 19 Member
    My NSV is that I had to order new work shirts and they are three sizes smaller than the ones I got in January. Also the size six work pants I bought three weeks ago are falling off my waist.
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    edited May 2015
    I can sleep on my back again! I no longer snore, much to my fiance's relief. :smile:
  • SeriouslySta
    SeriouslySta Posts: 458 Member
    I'm in a geeky history club, and yesterday I wore a wool dress that I haven't been able to wear in ohhhh, at least 5 years.

And, now that I've typed that, I realize that part of the reason I hadn't worn it (besides my weight gain, obviously) is that it shrank quite a bit after I made it!

So, I guess that, in a way, is a double NSV...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!