40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    so... im only 37 but my husband is disabled and i care for my grandfather and 2/3 of my kids are teens (my foster turns 18 this fall!) and i own a business so...... can i be cool too? like the slightly cool but annoying younger sister?
  • mwebster01
    mwebster01 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm in,you can add me.:-) I'm 45
  • Marlymama
    Marlymama Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I would like to be a cool kid! I am 43 and lately feeling 33! Sign me up!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hey cool young uns!!!! Welcome!!!

I'm soooo sweetened out!!!! This is it!!!! Diet mode!!!!! Cupcakes were a big success!!! My baby is 22!!!!

Stephanie, welcome back!!! Glad your cruise was a success!!!!! Yeah!!!

Good night!!!!
  • alishaspringle
    alishaspringle Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hey cool kids. I'm down another two pounds, but I had major surgery on Monday, so I gave myself a day of eating ice cream. I'm sure those pounds will be back soon, lol. However, the surgery went well, and I'm up and moving pretty well, and going to work a partial day tomorrow! Y'all will have to exercise without me for a few more days, though. This recuperation is tough on my pups.
    yfenv41tc6wz.jpg
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hitting my calorie goals but my loss is stalled after a pretty steady run for 16 months and 100 lbs. Problem is I've got another 100 to go. But the clothes are still loosening up so I'm not discouraged. And my body is still dealing with the fallout from the food poisoning back in March. Can't bounce back as well as i could a few years ago.
  • carnivalgirl13
    carnivalgirl13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm 45 and really want to join (as long as you kids stay off my lawn!) ;)
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »

gam3rguy - you are a man of few words.
    yes...so i'm told. I lack the "social skills".

today was back day. lots of rows, deads, one arm rows & pull ups!

• KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday. Today is my long day and I am so tired already and won't be out of work until 8:00 or so tonight. No workout today- had Jake this morning. Love that boy so much! Tomorrow I don't have to be in until 11:00-11:30 so I am hoping to get a walk in if the weather is good- elliptical otherwise- I have put it on my back deck under the covered part so it's like working out outside.
  • Curiousgeorgianna
    Curiousgeorgianna Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hi Kids!
    I can't figure out how to trim my breaching whale video clip, so I'll just post the whole 1:22 minutes on DropBox -- sorry, too big to paste in the thread. Enjoy! It's a QuickTime Movie format.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/9bchoz3uv1gzau8/Breaching Whale.MOV?dl=0
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Hey Kid's !
    Thought I check in. Still maintaining though I keep re-gaining/re-losing the last 6 lbs.
    Just cleared out and painted Josie's playroom for another teenager. I asked my son how his friend Dillon was doing we hadn't seen him in a while. He said he was staying in a homeless shelter. I was like WHAT ? No. You tell him to come here/call us. So we'll have a 18 year old living here soon; he's a senior. I was really happy Jeff re-acted the same way I did. He even told Jonas to let us know when graduation was; He needs someone there when he walks across the stage. Dillon said he'd invited his parents but didn't know if they were coming or not. I just don't understand people sometimes.
    Josie also took her pre-k test tuesday; So I'm patiently waiting to see if she was accepted or not. I plan to dance naked in the street when she goes. LOL. Though I may give it a few days to see if they call me to come get her first.

Anyway....
    KelllieSue - Your doing great hun but be sure to ask for help if you need it. Care giving can be very tiring.

Well gotta get motivated. Josie's running around in her underwear. Kid's always changing clothes.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Hey Kids,

Hope all of you are well.

Kate, I was wondering where you were. You never cease to amaze me with your wit. Be careful dancing naked in the streets, you may end up on youtube or pinterest and/or the other dozen or so social media siites....Very kind of you to open your home. I hope Dillon appreciates what all of you are doing for him.

TRX KICKED ALL OF MY BUTT AND THOUGHTS YESTERDAY. In between the straps we had these brutal cardio circuits that involved all kind of squats, box jumps and the like. I ran with the dog after I got home from TRX and then walked. When I have those serious bouts of energy I make the best of it, so I can sleep. Today is a rest day for sure.

Have a great day everyone.
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    hello, hello to all you kids! It has been a busy week, between track practices & meets, spring band and chorus concerts, work and appointments I am maxed. Did get in a really great workout on Monday. Tuesday and Wednesday were a wash, today was supposed to be gym at 4:30 and I got uprooted and never made it. Have a had a great week with eating though. I have soooo increased my veggie and fruit intake the last couple of weeks. Slow an steady wins the race, right?

So glad to read all your posts! Brought smiles to my face along the way and some chuckles. Great going to all of you!
  • JackieUnlimited
    JackieUnlimited Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Wow there has been a lot going on since I last had a chance to check in. Sounds like things are moving right along. Awesome!

Had a busy week, so far I've done two runs on the treadmill during lunch...Monday was 45 minutes and did 5.24 kms and today was 38 minutes 4.3 kms. Allowed myself to have some treats, seems to be the week for donut holes and cakes. One of the supervisors in my department is retiring tomorrow so yesterday we had our department celebration for her, with cake, and today was the company one, with cake...oh and there was a night out last night paid for by one of our vendors, nachos (none of those), perrogies (none if those), alcoholic drinks (none) and wings (yup had those). So still lots of walks with Kali and keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow morning when I check my weight.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Went over 100 pounds lost today. :)
  • Heather3117
    Heather3117 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm new to the 40 club! Just turned 40 in February at Disney World! I joined a gym almost 3 weeks ago. So far down 2lbs. Woop wool!!
    Please add me!!:)
  • dkerney89
    dkerney89 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I would like to join this awesome group.
  • JackieUnlimited
    JackieUnlimited Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Down .2 total is now 13.5 lbs Woot! Woot!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    REST=...fail. gonna be a heavy lifting day at work today!
  • jingerbird
    jingerbird Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm 42 and new to MFP. I would love to be a member of this group. I have lost almost 140lbs over the last few years and still have a way to go to reach my target. The more I lose, the harder it seems to get lol.

I am have been a single mother (he's in college now) but I have a new relationship for almost a year and I have started gaining weight since, but I am determined to get myself moving in the right direction again. Any help greatly appreciated :#