Options

Replies

• FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    forgtmenot wrote: »
    seckard16 wrote: »
    Diet soda has artificial sugars in it that are just as bad as the regular soda. I use caffeine water or SPARK.

FYI spark also has artificial sweeteners in it. Lol...

Thought that as well. Those artificial sugars in diet soda are way worse than the artificial sweeteners in Spark cause that makes complete sense.

3v58cv.jpg
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    Diet pepsi caffeine free is amazing. Also Mio with carbonated diet water is awesome too!!

They were asking for drinks that had caffeine in them.
    seckard16 wrote: »
    Diet soda has artificial sugars in it that are just as bad as the regular soda. I use caffeine water or SPARK.

I have no idea what this means. The reason I usually avoid regular soda is because I don't think it is worth the calories. But diet soda has no calories. Why is this "just as bad"?

Because most have aspartame which could cause cancers. There's some other hippy mumbo jumbo also, but can't remember

This has never been proven in humans.
    I need some options

Maybe the big question is why do you think you need caffeine?

Some of us have jobs where bring tired is not an option.

I'm age, 59 up between 4:00 and 4:30 AM 5 days a week, go to bed at !0:00 PM, no naps, demanding corporate job 9-11 hrs a day), 90 minutes of commute time, work out 1.5-2 hours a day. Sleep 7.5 hours or so a night weekends, again no naps. My caffeine intake is maybe 1 diet Pepsi a month.

What are you up to?

Not making this a contest on who is up longer.

My point for the OP was why does he want caffeine. If he likes a buzz, fine, if he finds he is tired all the time, he may want to find and work in the root cause (may be a health issue) before just loading up on caffeine.

Or it could just be be doesn't have time to sleep. Fatigue can have numerous causes, but the biggest being not enough sleep. Believe me- sat through Wednesday I am exhausted 90% of the time. Between working 12-16 hour shifts with almost no time in between, by Thursday am I am a zombie. I sleep for nearly 20 hours every Thursday. Caffeine is a staple for me.
    Also, My Dad just recently told me that he found after 50, he could get by on less sleep without feeling tired. I'm not sure if that's accurate for everyone, or even how old OP is, but I know I need at least 8-9 hours (which I rarely get) or I'm exhausted. In my 20-30's I needed more. That may be why the 59 y/o can get by on 7.5? That's one thing I hope happens to me after 50.

Actually I have been getting by on 6 hrs or so a night since my 20's.
  • taentea
    taentea Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Coffee is an obvious answer. I drink mine for the smell/taste mostly. When it comes to energy I much prefer the effect of teas. They seem to give me mental clarity without making my heart race and anxiety that coffee sometimes gives me. Also their effect lasts longer and doesn't have an abrupt ending that coffee high has for me. Green teas are good but you have to be careful with brewing them as they get bitter fast. Oolongs are more mild tasting and I prefer them most of the time. Also Pu-erhs when brewed strong give me quite a boost too. But they are not for everyone taste-wise.
  • Chrysalid2014
    Chrysalid2014 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    You could try guarana, in capsule form; it's a slow release caffeine. Google reports on improved cognitive performance and fat loss if you're interested.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    You could try guarana, in capsule form; it's a slow release caffeine. Google reports on improved cognitive performance and fat loss if you're interested.

Are you suggesting guarana aids in fat loss? If so- no it doesn't.
  • KrissyRawrz
    KrissyRawrz Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Black coffee/tea? Diet soda?
  • Torxhart
    Torxhart Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Monster Ultra suger free calorie free
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Pure caffeine powder (safely measured out on a scale that can handle mg's) mixed in with whatever you want to drink or eat at the time.
  • tamelakaye79
    tamelakaye79 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Spark by Advocare- it helps me get more water in and it gives me energy and has amino acids. It does have some carbs tho- 11 per serving. It helped me get off all soda :)
  • FitForL1fe
    Options
    I LOVE Spark by Advocare- it helps me get more water in and it gives me energy and has amino acids. It does have some carbs tho- 11 per serving. It helped me get off all soda :)

Advocare...

4609129583.png
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options

Get off all soda? If it was because of artificial sweetners that you wanted to "get off soda", spark has artificial sweetners as well.
  • katherine_startrek_fan
    katherine_startrek_fan Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    My husband used to rely on soda for caffine in the mornings. After we gave soda up, he found that he could actually manage just fine without it. I find that he is MUCH less irritable now.
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I switched to black coffee for my caffeine delivery system. On the weekends I sometimes add unsweetened almond milk as a creamer. I also sometimes add MioFit/MioEnergy to my water bottles. It has the added benefit of the B vitamins.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Black coffee for me
    Caffeine and most coffee's have a fair amount of potassium.
  • Stephanie3399
    Stephanie3399 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I love Spark made by Advocare! It's a low calorie energy drink! I know some were concerned about the carbs, but it now has 4 carbs instead of 11! I signed up as a distributor because I love it so much! :)
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I love Spark made by Advocare! It's a low calorie energy drink! I know some were concerned about the carbs, but it now has 4 carbs instead of 11! I signed up as a distributor because I love it so much! :)

Of course you did.

Spark is ridiculously expensive for absolutely no reason. It is pretty much the same thing as those caffeinated crystal light things but is $60 for a tub of it, and it doesn't even taste good. Absolutely ludicrous.

Op, please don't waste your money on spark.
  • BrittaniDirks
    BrittaniDirks Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Starbucks, Carmel iced coffee in glass bottle 110 cal
  • BrittaniDirks
    BrittaniDirks Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Or crystal light energy packets got water, I love strawberry, and i really do feel the caffeine after drinking it only 5 cals
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Or crystal light energy packets got water, I love strawberry, and i really do feel the caffeine after drinking it only 5 cals

Agreed. Since I stopped buying soda in bulk, LOL, I drink one of those in the morning and no headaches so it does the job.

• FitForL1fe
    Options

Wait, you use Advocare AND sell it? Shocking.

12215635.jpg