what is the healthier choice besides soda for caffeine

Options
1234568»

Replies

• forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    draznyth wrote: »
    I love Spark made by Advocare! It's a low calorie energy drink! I know some were concerned about the carbs, but it now has 4 carbs instead of 11! I signed up as a distributor because I love it so much! :)

Wait, you use Advocare AND sell it? Shocking.

12215635.jpg

Be careful what you wish for!
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I work a lot and take caffeine pills. Sometimes I'm just so tired I can't get myself to drink coffee or an energy drink. But I also don't think there's anything wrong with soda, diet or otherwise.
  • MonsoonStorm
    MonsoonStorm Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    @whmscll , I've googled extensively through the years. I call bro-science on all the anti-artificial sweetener claims. Call me crazy, but I trust the FDA approval process. I say sugar is much more hazardous to the dieter than any approved sweeteners. It's liquid calories and it adds up quickly.

I will have to call you crazy there to be honest.

Normally avoid these stupid arguments like the plague but... yeah.

Many countries have banned substances that your FDA have approved. It's not all wonderfully safe and brilliant just because the FDA says so.
  • bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    @whmscll , I've googled extensively through the years. I call bro-science on all the anti-artificial sweetener claims. Call me crazy, but I trust the FDA approval process. I say sugar is much more hazardous to the dieter than any approved sweeteners. It's liquid calories and it adds up quickly.

Many countries have banned substances that your FDA have approved. It's not all wonderfully safe and brilliant just because the FDA says so.

And it's not all dreadfully dangerous just because some countries ban it.
  • Curvy1Gezel
    Curvy1Gezel Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    To stop me drinking soda (coca cola) I bought a soda stream.
    I fizz my water sometimes I'll add low calorie juice but mostly just drink fizzy water :)
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Torxhart wrote: »
    Monster Ultra suger free calorie free

Da toxinzzz dough
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I drink half of a sugar free Red Bull. It gives me an extra boost before my swims. It's the only caffine I do because I don't drink soda or coffee. I do like the Lipton sugar free green tea when the weather is warm.
  • rugrat1mi
    rugrat1mi Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    For me, 1/2 Vivarin and a big glass of water is an adequate substitute for an ice cold Coke most of the time.
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    seckard16 wrote: »
    Clarification. If you are SOLELY basing it on caloric benefits, yes. Diet is a better choice. HOWEVER, Research has shown artificial sweeteners affect blood glucose levels and with long term consumption, your body starts to treat it like actual glucose. Thus, losing the benefits of having no calories by increasing your blood sugar.
    Citation needed

• FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options

Many countries kowtow to public opinion instead of science.

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I love Spark made by Advocare! It's a low calorie energy drink! I know some were concerned about the carbs, but it now has 4 carbs instead of 11! I signed up as a distributor because I love it so much! :)

12215635.jpg

Serious question: would it still be reportable for "advertising," if that poster came back and really did tell us more? I would think so, but since someone (jokingly, but still) literally asked for more info, it would seem like somewhat of a gray area. Of course, PMing that poster with the info would probably be appropriate, as he asked for it.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »

12215635.jpg

Serious question: would it still be reportable for "advertising," if that poster came back and really did tell us more? I would think so, but since someone (jokingly, but still) literally asked for more info, it would seem like somewhat of a gray area. Of course, PMing that poster with the info would probably be appropriate, as he asked for it.

lol well technically, I only posted tellmemore.jpg. Willy Wonka asked. :trollface:

personally I'd consider it reportable...but I think all positive mentions of MLM programs are reportable, so I may be biased here.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options

So if we don't trust our regulatory bodies, where do we go for reliable assessment? The most eloquent, TV show hosts, full page ads, documentary film writers (i.e. Borat), or the forum of public opinion (Google)?

From a proportionality point of view, regulatory bodies have a much better batting average. Nearly everything they label safe proves to be so.

By the way, I'm Canadian so mine would be Health Canada.

http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/fn-an/legislation/acts-lois/act-loi_reg-eng.php

I notice that national regulatory bodies follow each other's rulings and often follow each other's conclusions. Experts listening to other experts.

On some drugs I wish they would loosen up a bit. For instance, Schizophrenia is a debilitating and life shortening disease. A promising drug failed trial because of possible liver damage. If a Schizoprenic could experience a higher quality of life free of anxiety and disturbing voices, might the risk be worth it?