Turbo Fire - i need some buddies!

Options

Replies

• daniedee81
    daniedee81 Posts: 155
    Options
    i love how when i say i'm not leaving a long message, i totally end up doing just that.

something amazing happened today. i did 45 EZ without doing the "new to class" and i'm pretty sure i rocked it. booya! i also didn't hate it today so i'm willing to reconsider my strong dislike of 45EZ. i'll also be singing i'm a bad girl all day!

@jessicapages YES!!! you should totally try it if your wrists feel awkward when doing the resistance. as long as you use the right weights, it should be gravy! let me know how you like it :)

ok, guys, gotta go get ready for tonight - it's a miracle there's sunshine outside (we've had a bazillion days of rain!) annnnnnd it's long weekend. peanut butttaaa partyyyyy time! stoked for this weekend fabulous events!

seeya later - stay fantastic pretty people! have a great weekend

gonna be dancing the night away,
    danielle :flowerforyou:
  • muffintopminx
    muffintopminx Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Knocked out 45EZ with weighted gloves. I like this one - wish the music was a lot louder though.
    Overall, I wish the music were louder on all the DVDs but 45EZ seems mixed especially low.

I'm actually really proud of myself for maknig it through the work week without skipping any days - I actually haven't even had a rest day. Tomorrow is Core 20 and the dreaded Stretch 40. :grumble: I think I'll do Fire 30, Core 20 and Stretch 10 instead.
  • carriecolleen
    Options
    i love how when i say i'm not leaving a long message, i totally end up doing just that.

something amazing happened today. i did 45 EZ without doing the "new to class" and i'm pretty sure i rocked it. booya! i also didn't hate it today so i'm willing to reconsider my strong dislike of 45EZ. i'll also be singing i'm a bad girl all day!

@jessicapages YES!!! you should totally try it if your wrists feel awkward when doing the resistance. as long as you use the right weights, it should be gravy! let me know how you like it :)

ok, guys, gotta go get ready for tonight - it's a miracle there's sunshine outside (we've had a bazillion days of rain!) annnnnnd it's long weekend. peanut butttaaa partyyyyy time! stoked for this weekend fabulous events!

seeya later - stay fantastic pretty people! have a great weekend

gonna be dancing the night away,
    danielle :flowerforyou:

Seriously....I think you are my soul sister :)
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Does anyone use a HRM during their workouts? I'm having a heck of a time with mine through thr jumping twistisng and punching. I may try to tighten the strap but otherwise I dont know. That part is kinda sucky.

I did the fire 30 again tonight. I get most of it now which is pretty cool.
  • staclo
    staclo Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Knocked out 45EZ with weighted gloves. I like this one - wish the music was a lot louder though.
    Overall, I wish the music were louder on all the DVDs but 45EZ seems mixed especially low.

I'm actually really proud of myself for maknig it through the work week without skipping any days - I actually haven't even had a rest day. Tomorrow is Core 20 and the dreaded Stretch 40. :grumble: I think I'll do Fire 30, Core 20 and Stretch 10 instead.

Great job!! :flowerforyou:
  • staclo
    Options
    I just ROCKED 55 EZ!! Yay! I literally had to peel off my clothes and immediately get in the shower when I was finished, I was so sweaty.

I love Turbo Fire!!
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I just finished 45 EZ, and I couldn't make it the whole way through. I am still fighting off the last of a cough and not sure if that had something to do with it, but I was exhausted before I even started which I am sure was a bigger factor. I know I will make it though next time though.

I am having a bit of an issue though both with this one and with Fire 30 I couldn't do the Stretch 10 after. I was way too nauseous. Has anyone else found this? or am I just pittifully out of shape? :laugh:
  • muffintopminx
    muffintopminx Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Fire 30, Core 20 & Stretch 10 - done!
    I had a very special friend doing Core 20 with me today - my super adorable kitty! He was so cute - he kept rubbing up against my legs and pawing at the bands and then on the floor, he kept trying to smash his face against mine no matter how much I was moving! It was so cute, I almost couldn't finish, but I did and then we had a deluxe cuddle session. Now he's over me and could care less - lol.
  • KaniaLinei
    KaniaLinei Posts: 5
    Options
    Just did my 1st TurboFire workout (Fire 30 + Stretch 10). This may sound gross, but I love the sweat! It makes me feel like I'm really working out - unlike like some other workout videos I've done in the past. The only problem I have is that I miss the class feel. I know I can do the workout, I just need that workout buddy to keep pushing me to do it harder! Does anyone know what I'm trying to say? I used to do Zumba at my gym, but they changed instructors & the vibe is not as intense as I would like to be. If there is anyone out there that would like to be my workout buddy or if there is a group that really cares about OUR prgress, I would really like to join.

My name is Kania Linei, I weighed in this morning at 149.0. My goal weight is 125.0. I've got 24 pounds I would like to lose.

This is me being accountable.
  • Jessicapages
    Jessicapages Posts: 427
    Options
    Does anyone use a HRM during their workouts? I'm having a heck of a time with mine through thr jumping twistisng and punching. I may try to tighten the strap but otherwise I dont know. That part is kinda sucky.

I use a HRM with a chest strap.I really don't have any problem,sometimes it rubs my bra and drives me crazy.I just put it a little lower.I have it just below the bottom of my bra.:smile:
  • Cookie22684
    Cookie22684 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Completed Fire 45 EZ And Abs 10 , burned 437 cals, hope u all are having a beautiful day :flowerforyou:
  • sass30
    sass30 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Boom I got your boyfriend, I got your man! That's right ladies, today was Fire 45 and I loved it. By the time I was done I was sweating like a man and smelled like on too. Burned 552 calories on this one.
    Missed yesterdays workout because I decided to do some 12 oz curls instead :drinker: ...yup paid for that one. Oh well, I had fun and I'm not sorry. I hope that everyone has a great weekend, I plan on enjoying the sun because I apparently live in the land of rain and the rain starts again tomorrow and is supposed to rain all next week :grumble:
    Keep rockin out everyone!
  • blakgarnet
    blakgarnet Posts: 343
    Options
    haven't checked in for a few days...
    thursday was supposed to be fire 55ez, but I was really pressed for time. I did fire 45ez but ran out of time and only did a half an hour of it. to make up for it, friday I did fire 60 instead of the planned fire 30 and CLX push 1. Today was fire 30 and push 2 and I'm feeling great.
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options

I use a HRM with a chest strap.I really don't have any problem,sometimes it rubs my bra and drives me crazy.I just put it a little lower.I have it just below the bottom of my bra.:smile:

Hmm, maybe ill try that. I normally put it right underneath the elastic of my bra. Maybe just below will help. Worth a shot.
  • romiga
    romiga Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hey all....I didn't know this group was here, YAY! Completed Fire 60 today, on the first try, it was intense! Im glad I finished it but I have to admit I like the 45 and 55 better. I burned 706 today but it's also my so-called "cheat day" so I had to gun it so I won't feel guilty for indulging today. Just a side note, TF is changing my life. Not just with exercising and weightloss but mentally too. I'm becoming more confident!

Funny story, I just started my new job this week and this lady comes up to me and she's like, ur always so cheerful, everytime I see you, you're humming a tune. LOL--yeah I do, she doesn't know that that tune is the "who's house" song lol! Gotta <3 it!
  • hoyagirl03
    hoyagirl03 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I did 30 minutes of the Fire 55EZ, then HIIT 15 and then stretch 10. It felt good as I was off my game for the past 2 days. It won't let that happen again--- I'm LOVING the results. I look so much better than when I began 7 weeks ago. I HEART TURBOFIRE!
  • jf2313
    jf2313 Posts: 7
    Options
    Glad to find this group. I am doing Turbo Fire and love it! I did Fire 55 today.I have only been at it for two weeks now and so I am just getting the hang of the moves. Please add me!
  • Meg2012
    Meg2012 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    i am eating 1300 calories, do u think i am not eating enough? do u eat your exercise calories and if so how is it working for you, enough about me

I was actually reading a few articles about the whole "calories in-calories out" and from what I gather, I think you do have to eat the calories you burn...if your daily goal is 1200 calories, for instance, after working out and eating you should still be at 1200

The math seems like it should work out, right? But the body doesn't work like that. If you're eating too few calories, your body goes into starvation mode. It'll hang on to everything it can.

For people who don't work out, the calorie deficit diet can work. But TF and other programs require you to be an athlete.

And so you need to fuel your body like an athlete. Make sure you are eating enough protein for your body to maintain or grow your muscles. Make sure you are drinking enough water. And make sure you're getting the right macro and micro nutrients for the activity you're doing.

Try actually one or two days per week, eating MORE not less. And see if that get's your body to rev up the metabolism!
  • hoyagirl03
    hoyagirl03 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I agree with regards to eating more calories. I noticed when I was trying to keep the calories low, I had horrible workouts. When I ate more, especially a good 200 calories about 1.5 hours before the workout, I had WAY better results. Basically, on the days you're having a more intense/longer work out, eat a little more than usual. Your body with thank you. :)
  • staclo
    Options
    I changed things up a bit. I LOVE the Fire and HIIT workouts, but I'm not crazy about the Stretch, Tone, or Core ones yet. I might get into them at some point. Anyway, I did Fire 30, Stretch 10 and Ab Ripper X instead of Core 20. It was a kick-butt workout! I feel great!

Hey... great job everyone! :happy: