20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Connie good morning.
    I have had a wonder ful 2 days of eating vegan a very mark innprovement on my blood sugar no weight lost yet but expecting I by next week.. Hope I am

Marie
  • tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday, everyone!

Well, I sat myself down today and took a look back at my journal since jumping back on the WL train in late December. Time for a serious talk with ME! I need to own up to the fact that I have not logged at all consistently and have only half heartedly tried to eat well each day. I have found numerous excuses for having this or that and said "I'll start in earnest tomorrow" way too often.

I had changed my diary settings to private at the beginning which I believe was because my intention was not to do my very best and I didn't want others commenting on my not logging faithfully.

So, I have made some decisions to move forward in earnest! I have opened my food diary for all to see so I have that accountability back. I will also go back to what has worked in the past which is calories in vs calories out and stick to healthy food choices. I will also do my best to start back with our evening workouts at home with our DVDs and weights.

So glad I have this group to share with and to hold me accountable! <3

Becky
  • Sunnyfarm
    Sunnyfarm Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Good morning. Crazy week but glad to say I am a little closer toy pre-fall weight.

Stephanie I am on the wagon but my foot is hanging off. :D
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Connie you're doing an awesome job, whether the scale wants to get on board or not.

Marie, I'm glad you're enjoying your vegan adventure!

Becky, we're here for you and can't wait to watch you succeed. :)

Swing the other foot on up, @Sunnyfarm ! You'll do great! :D

Stephanie, thank you! My loss has definitely slowed with the extra calories, but I sure do like eating them. Haha.

I took today as my rest day, it feels weird because I haven't been good at doing rest days. But we looked at some houses today, so it was a good day for it. We fell really hard for a house we saw today, and are really, really hoping that our loan goes through OK, because we'd really love to have this house. I'm trying to keep a safe emotional distance from it, because I don't want to be heartbroken if we don't get it. But I really hope we get it! :)

-Rachel
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Good morning, Losers! Happy Sunday!

I'm just peeking in before heading out to church.
    I hope everyone has a productive day!
    Will check back later when you guys are out of bed.

Connie
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I am up, Connie! I have been quiet, trying to reevaluate my plan. I have taken up weight lifting and reduced my cardio. I feel stronger and am enjoying it so far. The scale has begun moving again finally, too!

Marie, I am amazed by your ability to try new things.

I will catch up with everyone going forward.

Happy Sunday,
    Ruthie

• slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    good morning ladies,

oh Rachel, I hope you get the house but if you don't for some reason, I'm sure you will find something else. those things seems to work out always for the best:) extra calories are probably not slowing you down, your body is getting so close to your goal weight, it is hard to keep losing, the body wants to hold on.

connie, hope church goes well:) I was thinking about you last night. maybe calorie cycling would help? I think I read somewhere a day at 1800, 1500, 1200? what helped me a little was to stop eating salad for dinner every night? I seem to do better with a piece of protein, 4-6oz and some type of veggies. feel less bloated also. it also helped when I increased my calories, I know this sounds so counterintuitive but it worked? my metabolism has had it also, I do think it doesn't like when we give it fewer than 1200 calories. I will keep thinking!! your macros look good!

sonya, glad you are getting back with the program. I had a bad week last week also:( I didn't realize when I had kids that I would need to grow up all over again and again!! think it is harder growing up through them than when I did it on my own:)

becky, logging definitely helps!! I seem to omit it when I take bites here and there and they definitely add up:( opening your diary is good as well! just need to get your head in the game!

marie, good morning!! what is on the menu today?

cloudy here this morning, think I may walk outside for a bit. not feeling the gym and just kind of sluggish. Rachel, I could definitely use a rest day and I am not good at taking those period!!!

have a great sunday!!

stephanie
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Morning,

A busy day yesterday, we got all our plants and garden in so busy day for us. I also managed a 25 min walk plus the gardening. Lots of calories burned. I did not weigh in this morning but will tomorrow.

A sunny day and heading down to the boat, today is my rest day so no exercise maybe a little walking if I go
    into town today.

CONNIE - I weigh and measure all the time except when I am away I have to eye ball it. That was still when I was
    on WW and now South Beach which I will be on forever. I even measure my coffee cream. It's just a habit
    now.

Next week I will get my bike on the road and kill some bike calories. :D It's suppose to rain on Monday but
    I have Yoga anyway so that is okay. Also I have upped to Level 2 in Yoga and find it challenging.

Good luck next week to everyone and the evil scale. >:)

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Good morning Connie, Ruthie, steph. T should have found this plant rich protein plan years ago. I did dropped a pound this morning,my blood sugar is getting better and better. I need to fine some more plant base protein.,yesterday I did not have to take any insulin before meals I di take my Lntus bedtime long acting insulin last night tho and will till my doctor take me off of it. I did not need any this morning so a wonderful start of a new wee steps for breakfast I had 1/2. Cup pinto beans, 1/2c od stire fried veggies and q1/2 c of fresh blackberries coffees am still on my I pad. Will go this coming week to see about a new computer.love Marie
  • lovesretirement
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Marie..glad you are finding success with your new plan and getting a new computer!

Ray..house buying is is fun and stressful..take care of yourself.

Ruthie..I love weight lifting..there's a sense of accomplishment after each session!

Steph..I am going to increase calories next month. 2 weeks ago I added body pump, and I just want to change one thing a month so I know what worked. I have not lost anything since the week of April 8. :#

Sunny..I am on the wagon with you, but I am leaning on the edge of the railing and may fall off at any moment. :#

Shirley..today is a rest day for me, too.

Connie
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Hi gang. Sorry I didn't check in yesterday. I barely found time to eat yesterday. It was that crazy. I had company for the last few nights. His girlfriend flew in yesterday morning at 8:00. So while he picked her up from the airport I made homemade corned beef hash for everyone. I was also babysitting a 3 yr old who came at 6:45 yesterday morning. By 9:00 both girls had eye appointments. They are both farsighted and need glasses for reading but all is ok there. Then my 13 yr old had children's choir rehearsal from 9-12 with a pizza lunch afterwards. My 5 yr old had swimming lessons from 10-11. It was noon by the time I finally had the chance to eat my breakfast. Then we had Girl Scout awards ceremony at 2:30. My 13 yr old received her silver award which is the second highest award in Girl Scouts. She was also graduating to the next level up in scouts and her troop was in charge of the flag ceremony. So it wasn't anything we could skip. And immediately after that was her choir concert. She was actually supposed to be at the concert place by 4:00 but she couldn't get there until 4:20. Even at 13 she has learned how to change her clothes in the car. After the concert I gave the 3 yr old I was watching to her grandma who was the choir director and my parents my children and my "other daughter". She is the BFF of my 13 yr old and new she adopted us as her other set of parents. We went to a Mexican restaurant for dinner. It was only 6:30 by this time. I was absolutely starving (I had only eaten 568 calories by this time) but I managed to go easy on the complimentary chips and salsa. I had shrimp tempura with rice pilaf and a green salad. But I only ate half and I will be eating the rest for lunch today. I had no chance to exercise yesterday but I did get in just over 6000 steps and I stayed under calories. I wasn't even able to log anything until after I got the kids into bed. And I wasn't much longer for the world by that point. I ended up falling asleep in the recliner chair while trying to log my dinner. I rarely do that. But I got. Good nights rest after the nap in the chair so I am good to go today. I will get the dogs walked in just a little bit and I will go swimming when the pool opens at 11:00. After the last few days I can't wait to get back in the pool. This is why I wish there was a "life just happened" category under the exercise button. Because I know I burned more than just the 207 MFP says I did from 6265 steps. Well I have to run and let Life kick me around again today. At least that is what it felt like yesterday. Be back on later gang.......

Esther
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I keep losing my posting blasted I pad
    Marie
  • rayw89
    Options
    Shirley I measure my cream for coffee too! I found out 2 teaspoons taste the same as a tablespoon, so it saves a few calories when I use it.

Marie, I'm so glad you're seeing success with your new eating plan! It sounds like the benefits go beyond just weight loss. I hope it continues to give you such great results! :) (Also, I hate typing on tablets, they're awful for that!)

Thanks, Stephanie! I hope this house works out for us. You know how they say when you're looking for your wedding dress how you'll have that "moment" when you know it's the one? Well I think I had that moment, but with a house instead of a dress. I feel like a lot of things aligned with that house, so I'm really hoping it's meant to be. I won't admit this to anyone else, but I'll spill it on here: This house made me tear up, and that's crazy! Conveniently I was able to hide my watery eyes from my husband and realtor since they were in a different room, haha. It has a kitchen I didn't think I'd be able to have for our budget, and it's just a beautiful home. I know I sound really attached already but I swear I'll be ok if it doesn't work out. :P

Esther, you may not have officially exercised yesterday, but I bet you still burned quite a few calories with all those activities!

-Rachel
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    Yeah. I know. And the doc says I should be housebound? Really? How????????????
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    I know I haven't posted too much lately, I have been going thru alot of personal issues, one of my sisters has been in the hospital, very sick and put into another hospital for long term care, still grieving alittle over my my dog that passed, and today we had to put down my Princess, who has been a wonderful dog, she was almost 14 , like my other dog. I have 2 of her babies. I was fighting putting her down before Rocky died and she had gotten pitiful and I had to. Sorry to be so depressing, I just wanted to say I have been reading, but no movement in scale.
  • rayw89
    Options
    I see no reason for you to be housebound, that sounds awful.
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    Thanks ray. I see no point either...........it would drive me crazier than I already am. I have never exactly been the sit around and let life pass me by. I have a tendency to defy people. Don't tell me I can't do something because I will find a way to prove them wrong.......even as an adult I still do it. Just can't seem to help myself.

Esther
  • rayw89
    Options
    I know I haven't posted too much lately, I have been going thru alot of personal issues, one of my sisters has been in the hospital, very sick and put into another hospital for long term care, still grieving alittle over my my dog that passed, and today we had to put down my Princess, who has been a wonderful dog, she was almost 14 , like my other dog. I have 2 of her babies. I was fighting putting her down before Rocky died and she had gotten pitiful and I had to. Sorry to be so depressing, I just wanted to say I have been reading, but no movement in scale.

:( I'm so sorry for all you're going through. I hope your sister is feeling well again soon. And it is so hard to make that decision for a beloved pet. I fought the idea for so long with our lab years ago. It wasn't until I moved away that my mom finally went through with it. It was for the best, and ended a lot of pain for the dog. Just know that your Princess knew she was loved, and she is no longer in discomfort. *hug*
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Monday!

Esther...you are one busy person and an awesome mom!! I can't imagine you being housebound!
    Janice..so sorry to hear about your sister and your fur baby. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

The heat is picking up here so I have to walk the dog earlier which is fine.
    I'm going to exercise at home today for a change and run errands later.

Hope you all have a great day and stay strong!

Connie
  • eatless83
    eatless83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hi loser misfits!

I know it seems like I haven't been about lately but I have...been reading all your posts and feeling incredibly proud of you all!

Personally I have been struggling! Connie I am in the same boat as you! Exercising heaps watching what I eat and not losing! It's so frustrating...I just don't understand all this!

I am eating better than I have done in years and exercising more than I have ever done in my life and yet NOTHING! No loss! I am 197lbs, 31 and 162cm tall so clearly have plenty to lose!

This is why haven't been posting lately as I didn't want any of my negativity to get to any of you since you have all been doing so fantastic!!

I will definitely be here for thanks giving after 4th July!

Keep losing everyone and stay positive to all you losers in my boat at the moment

Faye
    Singapore